Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zo posted:

hardcore is awesome like that. I've tried getting into softcore several times but it just feels like playing standard to me. the economy is made up and deaths don't matter!

no offense to people in softcore, i wish i could enjoy that as much as you guys.

ps act 10 is still just as one-shotty for most leveling builds

When I'm playing a new league I want deaths not to matter because I like doing the challenges and my spare time is extremely restricted and I like playing PoE as braindead as possible. PoE is like my version of EVE Mining, I log into it to go numb and relax.

I did two HCs characters, one for an old challenge league, got it to 68 and ripped in the docks :negative:. The other one is a still breathing SSF HC character that's sitting on level 68 right now as well. It's a completely different and more thrilling experience and I want to play some more with it eventually but it's definitely not what I'm looking for when I'm starting a new league and playing in such glacial pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Infected posted:

Considering how much the community hates Diablo 3, the chance of this game ever getting something like Adventure mode that fast tracks you to the endgame is basically 0% I'd say.

When I get to maps is actually when I stop playing and roll a new character. I mostly play for the campaign experience. And as I'm not shy to point out, I'm one of the people who absolutely despises D3. I bought it and gave up 4 days in because I had already beaten all difficulties and having a shallow campaign you could rush through and shallow itemization is what killed that for me. That and the builds are preordained for you when PoE has more of an emergent Magic the Gathering feel where you can still happen across viable and original build combos by accident or by theory-crafting.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I know I post this every few weeks, but D3 rules as an arcadey action game with a few RPG elements and killer art design (albeit not in the right direction for the series). PoE is a sick spreadsheet game with some good RPG elements and passable action elements. Its art design is occasionally competent if you're willing to spend money.

I play both games while chatting with friends or listening to podcasts, so it's the softcore life for me.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Can anyone recommend a good righteous fire build that preferably uses a ton of jewels sockets? Is this a good build?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1877277

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Continued adventures of my budget White Wind Ranger. Managed to get the elder and his guardians to spawn in the red maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voFW90DpB24 - Constrictor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5kZNeVWqPo - Purifier

I need to upgrade my gear if I'm to go further at this point. Doing the guardians and seeing how easy they are compared to the shaper ones I assumed the Elder would be a pushover too. Noooooope. I got whooped so hard it wasn't even funny. Its only my second time doing the Elder completely skipping him in yellow maps so I had no idea what I was up against. The first 40% seemed easy. Then he started dropping pools all over the floor and tentacles pops out and attacks you from every direction before swooping in and hammering you into the floor. I just stared at the screen stunned for a second. I got one shotted. I learned to whirling blades away when I hear his teleport sound but I don't have enough survival to live through his barrage of attacks. I think I got him down to 40% before running out of portals. The good news is the Elder doesn't disappear from the atlas so I have another shot at him.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my shield is a cup with a tongue sticking out of it and it's really, really fuckin ugly

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

hawowanlawow posted:

my shield is a cup with a tongue sticking out of it and it's really, really fuckin ugly

it's a thirsty little shield

you have to water it

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

George posted:

I know I post this every few weeks, but D3 rules as an arcadey action game with a few RPG elements and killer art design (albeit not in the right direction for the series). PoE is a sick spreadsheet game with some good RPG elements and passable action elements. Its art design is occasionally competent if you're willing to spend money.

No accounting for taste (props for being a P.O.S. fan at least), but Blizzard puts out the worst art I've ever seen (oversaturated, overdesigned) and PoE blows it away... ironically the only time PoE dips into garish/tacky is some of the MtX when players are trying to out-Blizzard each other. Blizzard has always looked like they hired kids with crayola and markers for their art though. When I think great art design in armor/backdrops I'd point to Final Fantasy 11 or 14, Dark Souls, etc.

There's so many little details I keep noticing in PoE, like for example Brutus' hands are these disgusting flesh bulbs, I looked it up and it's because he mashed his hands to pulps against the doors of the prison trying to escape when thaumaturists locked him inside, or even little things like how when you zoom in on the Act 6 town, there's a women in camp nursing a baby. The horrors in this game are actually horrifying where D3 looks like a PG-13 take in comparison.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

No accounting for taste (props for being a P.O.S. fan at least), but Blizzard puts out the worst art I've ever seen (oversaturated, overdesigned) and PoE blows it away... ironically the only time PoE dips into garish/tacky is some of the MtX when players are trying to out-Blizzard each other. Blizzard has always looked like they hired kids with crayola and markers for their art though. When I think great art design in armor/backdrops I'd point to Final Fantasy 11 or 14, Dark Souls, etc.

There's so many little details I keep noticing in PoE, like for example Brutus' hands are these disgusting flesh bulbs, I looked it up and it's because he mashed his hands to pulps against the doors of the prison trying to escape when thaumaturists locked him inside, or even little things like how when you zoom in on the Act 6 town, there's a women in camp nursing a baby. The horrors in this game are actually horrifying where D3 looks like a PG-13 take in comparison.

counterpoint: my tongue shield

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

hawowanlawow posted:

counterpoint: my tongue shield

I just bought multiples of the disappearing dye while it was on sale so I could permanently remove all the clothes from my Templar. That's art.

Edit: From the comments section of the Vanishing Dye youtube preview, loving lol:

quote:

God created us in his own image. When we are born we are as naked as the holy of heaven himself. Its only foolish pride and vanity that forces us to cover our righteousness with man made folly. - The Templar shortly before being exiled

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 26, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PoE's art quality is all over the place, some stuff look good and well-made, some stuff looked outdated the moment they were released years ago and it only got worse.

Blizzard's style is focused on making a more or less timeless cartoon that will not age as poorly as games trying to be photorealistic but will often not look fantastic either. There are exceptions and I'll not be defending D3's art direction but outside of the stock items, GGG's money maker is oversaturated and overdesigned armor that in general is as over-the-top as D3, or more. And yeah there's definitely an appeal in FFXIV's designs if you want to roleplay as Ornstein but come on it's Final Fantasy, a series known for being overdesigned.

Just because the game has a slightly unsaturated filter doesn't make your ghost outfit or your pink glowing sword with a moogle face in it any less silly. The difference between Amon and Maghda is context and like George posted D3 takes a lot of really wrong steps in that department, but it's pretty hard to look at this and think "oh yeah that's a game that blows Blizzard's art direction away", and I actually do prefer PoE to D3 when it comes down to art.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 26, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Elentor posted:

When I'm playing a new league I want deaths not to matter because I like doing the challenges and my spare time is extremely restricted and I like playing PoE as braindead as possible. PoE is like my version of EVE Mining, I log into it to go numb and relax.

I did two HCs characters, one for an old challenge league, got it to 68 and ripped in the docks :negative:. The other one is a still breathing SSF HC character that's sitting on level 68 right now as well. It's a completely different and more thrilling experience and I want to play some more with it eventually but it's definitely not what I'm looking for when I'm starting a new league and playing in such glacial pace.

yeah that's cool. like i said I'm sure you guys in softcore are enjoying it and that's good. to me it's just exactly the same as playing standard. that's not a dis, sometime i go into my standard characters and run crazy t16 maps or whatever. i just couldn't do that on a regular basis because it all just feels so meaningless.

i have a baby and not much spare time to play these days either, but you can make good progress either way. i ripped my first guy to traps early on, and my second guy is almost level 90 running red maps now (not buying maps so progress is slow but steady). the build is pretty much finished so i will probably rip him in elders or something soon :)

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I want to buy a biscos but then I'm going to have to drop haemophilia or kaoms roots for a piece with some resists on it. I don't want to lose the life from my roots but if I drop Carnage Heart and Haemophilia I feel like that could really hurt my clear. What do I do!?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Elentor posted:

PoE's art quality is all over the place, some stuff look good and well-made, some stuff looked outdated the moment they were released years ago and it only got worse.

Blizzard's style is focused on making a more or less timeless cartoon that will not age as poorly as games trying to be photorealistic but will often not look fantastic either. There are exceptions and I'll not be defending D3's art direction but outside of the stock items, GGG's money maker is oversaturated and overdesigned armor that in general is as over-the-top as D3, or more. And yeah there's definitely an appeal in FFXIV's designs if you want to roleplay as Ornstein but come on it's Final Fantasy, a series known for being overdesigned.

Just because the game has a slightly unsaturated filter doesn't make your pink glowing sword with a moogle face in it any less silly.

Yes there's a lot of mismatched clown costumes in FF 11/14 you can cherry-pick, but the actual matched armor sets are mostly fantastic. There might be a dozen different sets of armor for a samurai or whatever, all look classy, and you can instantly tell the character's job even with all the variety.

FFXI came out in 2002:

WoW came out in 2004:

I'm no professional art critic (but I did shamefully watch all three FF movies and the WoW movie) but I'd say FFXI aged a lot better than WoW in terms of color pallet, armor/monsters, scale, etc.

And yeah, PoE's money makers are as over-the-top as Blizzard's stuff, but I'm not holding it against them when players keep dropping actual money for the ugly poo poo. I'm saying the bad MtX art in PoE is literally Blizzard's fault for enabling it in the first place.

I can at least believe GGG and Square start with talented artists, Blizz looks like they recruit by typing DeviantArt.com, closing their eyes, and hiring the first artist their finger lands on.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Wezlar posted:

I want to buy a biscos but then I'm going to have to drop haemophilia or kaoms roots for a piece with some resists on it. I don't want to lose the life from my roots but if I drop Carnage Heart and Haemophilia I feel like that could really hurt my clear. What do I do!?

Drop everything for +quantity and run purity of elements to keep max resists if necessary. As long as your clear speed is sufficient it's fine. Can swap all your poo poo back for bosses when merited.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I won't defend WoW's aesthetic, or its influence on D3's, but everything in D3 reads really well and you can tell some thought went into the way art and design intersect. PoE has really cool details but you'll never notice them because the design is so busy and rough-hewn.

I respect what both games succeed at a lot.

And everyone should go listen to a P.O.S song like right now.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I just finished the PoE campaign for the first time and I can honestly say I never thought anything looked particularly cool. Just standard ARPG boilerplate

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Finally dropped the dough on a Xoph's blood then promptly went broke on a whole new suite of rares. Dropping 16 ex in an afternoon is not something I'd ever have contemplated in previous leagues. I feel I'm slowly getting better at playing efficiently and pricing things to sell but not too low. Now to save back up for some 4 affix jewels and a dying sun and I can say I've hit my goals for this character.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zero VGS posted:

Yes there's a lot of mismatched clown costumes in FF 11/14 you can cherry-pick, but the actual matched armor sets are mostly fantastic. There might be a dozen different sets of armor for a samurai or whatever, all look classy, and you can instantly tell the character's job even with all the variety.

I don't disagree with you with how outdated these games look. It's very hard to defend some of these games' aesthetics. But when you say stuff like:

quote:

I can at least believe GGG and Square start with talented artists, Blizz looks like they recruit by typing DeviantArt.com, closing their eyes, and hiring the first artist their finger lands on.

The only reason I'm arguing with you on this is because this is kind of unfair to say, Blizzard 3D Artists are some of the best artists in the industry. They're incredibly talented. I had the pleasure of studying with one of them and my best teacher had also worked for a Blizzard project, they're insanely good. I did graphic mods for WoW in the past and that game is plagued by engine limitations that are not easy to get around, and a very strict art direction which the artists themselves must adhere.

Take a look for example at Fanny Vergne, she's an incredibly talented artist with a lot of images going in detail about how the textures are created.

It kinda of sucks that one has to go through the pains using ZBrush to create tileable model sets that are then converted into single textures that don't even get to use their normal maps or depth information. These textures are then stretched across gigantic halls and look out of scale and out of proportion. The textures are fine, the model of the place you're in is also fine, but the way everything is set up is not particularly helpful to showing how good they are. It's very, very, very hard to make decent artwork that is designed to be cohesive with the stuff you showed from 2004. Especially stylized content that cannot benefit from all the modern technologies.

If you've ever had to learn ZBrush you'd find out that when it all started, the courses and tutorials were all incredibly expensive and you could easily spend thousands of dollars learning it. It's a software with an obnoxious learning curve, and free videos on YT tend to be long. Fanny explains in a few images things that I've seen people take hours to go over, both in paid as well as free educative videos. Her sculpting work is absolutely fantastic.

Then you have cinematic people like Fausto de Martini, who started as one of the fastest rising modelers decades ago and only really went up from there, doing special effects now for the new Star Wars movies. When he joined Blizzard he was one of the top names that 3D artists recognized.

You may not like the final result (fine), you may say the art direction or the technical restrictions force the art to look like poo poo in the end (subjective, but fine), but the artists working at Blizzard are absolutely, balls-to-the-walls fantastic and some of the best in the industry. Even the Technical Artists, when you compare the quality of the papers released by Activision-Blizzard with the papers released by behemoths like Square-Enix, Activision-Blizzard seems to be on an entirely different level.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 27, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
poe looks and plays like poo poo let's be honest lol. d3 mechanics are way way way waaay better. even "improved" cyclone is literal dogshit compared to whirlwind.

it's just really fun and that's alright.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Wezlar posted:

If you're giving up your hand slot to run Bisco's, just get Sadima's Touch instead. It's dirt cheap and is almost as effective for increasing currency drops as Bisco's Collar.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Elentor posted:

You may not like the final result (fine), you may say the art direction or the technical restrictions force the art to look like poo poo in the end (subjective, but fine), but the artists working at Blizzard are absolutely, balls-to-the-walls fantastic and some of the best in the industry. Even the Technical Artists, when you compare the quality of the papers released by Activision-Blizzard with the papers released by behemoths like Square-Enix, Activision-Blizzard seems to be on an entirely different level.

I kinda knew in the back of my head when I posted that someone would respond saying they knew the artists... look, I've worked many years in games, and most of my criticism is leveled at the direction. I'm not going to be like one of those people who tries to call out the Mass Effect Andromeda facial animators by name, I know they get unreasonable demands, time restrains and technical restraints. But at the end of the day the result is something that does a disservice to the talent, and the buck has to stop somewhere. People have to bitch about it so the developers/publishers think twice the second time around. There was outcry (justified in my opinion) about the art direction since the D3 beta. And it actually gets results sometimes; Mass Effect is shelved until they get their poo poo together, and there's finally enough pushback on loot box shenanigans to make Activision take pause for some soul searching.

But yeah, the main thing here is I honestly feel like PoE looks and plays better than D3, not even counting that D3 was a $60 game, 12 years in development, with several orders of maginitude more budget and staff. Blizzard brought their A game and it looks like a bunch of Spawn comic covers as usual. If your artist buddies cash the paycheck they have to accept being lumped in with that, unfortunately.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Zo posted:

poe looks and plays like poo poo let's be honest lol. d3 mechanics are way way way waaay better. even "improved" cyclone is literal dogshit compared to whirlwind.

it's just really fun and that's alright.

Yeah I don't get how anyone can say poe looks better than d3 or even that it is good O_O it looks like complete dogshit hahaha

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Zero VGS posted:

But yeah, the main thing here is I honestly feel like PoE looks and plays better than D3

lol just say you have an irrational hate boner for d3 and be done with it, because that's some crazy talk!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zero VGS posted:

I kinda knew in the back of my head when I posted that someone would respond saying they knew the artists... look, I've worked many years in games, and most of my criticism is leveled at the direction. I'm not going to be like one of those people who tries to call out the Mass Effect Andromeda facial animators by name, I know they get unreasonable demands, time restrains and technical restraints. But at the end of the day the result is something that does a disservice to the talent, and the buck has to stop somewhere. People have to bitch about it so the developers/publishers think twice the second time around. There was outcry (justified in my opinion) about the art direction since the D3 beta. And it actually gets results sometimes; Mass Effect is shelved until they get their poo poo together, and there's finally enough pushback on loot box shenanigans to make Activision take pause for some soul searching.

But yeah, the main thing here is I honestly feel like PoE looks and plays better than D3, not even counting that D3 was a $60 game, 12 years in development, with several orders of maginitude more budget and staff. Blizzard brought their A game and it looks like a bunch of Spawn comic covers as usual. If your artist buddies cash the paycheck they have to accept being lumped in with that, unfortunately.

I don't have artist buddies, I am however grateful that I shared a classroom with some of them. And you specifically attacked the artists, and since I'm an artist myself I thought your complaint was completely unjustified. If your complaint is about the direction not the artists then it should be obvious to you, a seasoned game developer, that the artists from Blizzard are fantastic and not people "blindly picked from deviant art", just from glancing at the final product. Especially when you're comparing the art to PoE which, as people have been pointing out in this page, is not something that blows d3 away. It's serviceable for people who are tired and exhausted of hand-painted cartoony look in video games, a group of people in which I'm included, but there's a vast difference between the execution of these games.

Here are some more reasonable, down-to-earth criticisms: "I don't think the chosen art direction for d3 was consistent with the series tone", "Blizzard's art direction is too repetitive", "their concept arts are well-drawn but are always too exaggerated", "GGG did great with the resources it had and was way more efficient than Blizzard" or just "I really loving hate their art direction". But whether you like it or not, D3 shows that it came from a company with several orders of magnitude more budget and staff than GGG, and saying that it is blown away by PoE is inane.

The number one complaint I've seen from PoE players who play both games is "I wish PoE had the same production values as D3", and the D3 player complaint is "I wish Blizzard actually gave as much of a crap about this game as GGG gives about PoE".

Elentor fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 27, 2017

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
I got these from a strongbox in merc lab
code:
Rarity: Normal
Highland Blade
--------
Two Handed Sword
Physical Damage: 39-72
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.35
Weapon Range: 11
--------
Requirements:
Level: 44
Str: 77
Dex: 77
--------
Sockets: B-R-G-G-R 
--------
Item Level: 68
--------
+305 to Accuracy Rating
code:
Steelwood Bow
--------
Bow
Physical Damage: 40-60
Critical Strike Chance: 5.50%
Attacks per Second: 1.40
--------
Requirements:
Level: 57
Dex: 190
--------
Sockets: G-G-G-G-G-G 
--------
--------
4% increased Movement Speed
The 5 link doinked so it might be worth something but what should I do with the 6link, I know they're valuable but I've never had one drop before

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Saraiguma posted:

I got these from a strongbox in merc lab
code:
Highland Blade
--------
Two Handed Sword
Physical Damage: 39-72
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.35
Weapon Range: 11
--------
Requirements:
Level: 44
Str: 77
Dex: 77
--------
Sockets: B-R-G-G-R 
--------
--------
+305 to Accuracy Rating
code:
Steelwood Bow
--------
Bow
Physical Damage: 40-60
Critical Strike Chance: 5.50%
Attacks per Second: 1.40
--------
Requirements:
Level: 57
Dex: 190
--------
Sockets: G-G-G-G-G-G 
--------
--------
4% increased Movement Speed
The 5 link doinked so it might be worth something but what should I do with the 6link, I know they're valuable but I've never had one drop before

The sword is pretty worthless but someone might try leveling with it. It's impossible to get a good roll on it, tho.

The bow is awkward because it's not a good base for shooting but it's probably too high level and high dex requirement for a caster bow. Probably not worth much more than the divine that a vendor will give you.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

5L isn't worth anything at the moment. That 6L could be a good base for a +3gems bow, but I don't know if that makes it worth more than a divine. There's crafting tutorials for them on YouTube

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I just started playing this game and it's really interesting how much customization you can get in it. I really hate the intentional rear end-backwards thinking of the devs though, I personally think they add nothing to the game .I'm having fun figuring things out on my own until I hit a wall. I'll probably only ever do single player and no trading, is that even possible?

nerdz fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 27, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nerdz posted:

I just started playing this game and it's really interesting how customization you can get it. I really hate the intentional rear end-backwards thinking of the devs though, I personally think they add nothing to the game .I'm having fun figuring things out on my own until I hit a wall. I'll probably only ever do single player and no trading, is that even possible?

Yeah, there's even a mode for it (SSF, Solo Self-Found). The game is considerably more accessible if you do trading, though.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

nerdz posted:

I just started playing this game and it's really interesting how customization you can get it. I really hate the intentional rear end-backwards thinking of the devs though, I personally think they add nothing to the game .I'm having fun figuring things out on my own until I hit a wall. I'll probably only ever do single player and no trading, is that even possible?

It'll take you a lot longer to hit extreme endgame (Shaper, etc.) but it is very possible. In fact there's Solo Self-Found mode (SSF) which enforces it for you.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, the solo self found buttons you can click when choosing a league are those literal exact modes, no trading, no partying, just the dirt you find off the ground

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Interesting! I'll probably won't trigger that SSF thing because so far I'm not doing it because I just don't feel like doing those things so far. It's possible that in the future I might do some trade if feel invested enough to do it. Already have like 2 chaos orbs, 5 hours in! Dunno if that's a lot or not.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

nerdz posted:

Interesting! I'll probably won't trigger that SSF thing because so far I'm not doing it because I just don't feel like doing those things so far. It's possible that in the future I might do some trade if feel invested enough to do it. Already have like 2 chaos orbs, 5 hours in! Dunno if that's a lot or not.

It's enough for a few gear pieces once you get to mapping if you play your cards right, but in terms of relative value to most people it's anywhere from a fraction of what some people have in raw currency to a drop in the ocean of money some players swim in

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
A few Chaos can easily turn your character from "Ugh, I keep dying" to "Ok, I got this". Getting to "I. AM. GOD." takes a lot more currency though.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When I think of 2 chaos orbs I think of two rings that will cap my resistances. But yeah, getting to I AM GOD takes way more than that.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Don't play SSF if you're a new player, even if you don't want to trade. Seen way too many new players going "Hey guys I'm getting my rear end kicked in act6 what am I doing wrong?" Or "Hey guys I ran out of tier6 maps what am I doing wrong?" And being able to trade or raid the goon guild stash will solve both of those very frustrating problems in 2 seconds and make the game vastly more enjoyable. Save SSF for later when you're more experienced with the game and looking to change up your usual routine.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Schwack posted:

Any goon guilds with space that can invite me? Character name is Schwackk.

This one got missed. He's playing on Swackhammmer now.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

Yea it’s much better playing with 4 people in Poe and getting 30 FPS meanwhile I hop over to diablo with the same 4 people and its smooth as butter 140fps all around. Please don’t act like Poe’s engine is good. It’s getting better but they got a lot of work to do with the stuff they cram into it. Along with the disconnects and crashes which are apparently more prevalent this league then before.

Also nice choice selection of ffxi screen shot. Ffxi looks like hot garage compared to current wow. However ffxiv blows them all out of the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Ffxi in screenshots looks ok but in motion it's literal rear end. Wow also looks like literal rear end but it's because they stretch the same 300x300 texture that looks really good at 300x300 over a 30000x30000 space. Plus the fact that some of the skill and inventory artwork is still poo poo they ripped from Warcraft 3 because "hey, it still works I guess". When it comes to graphics there isn't really a doubt that d3 blows Poe out of the water but I can't help but feel that Poe's issues come from engine limitations. Say what you will about Diablo's current state of gameplay, that game runs like butter and has ran like butter since 1.0, on top of looking very good (as far as dungeon crawler loot em ups go).