Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Broken Nose is real good.

E: Also, the mission in the club is a great example, gameplay-wise, of why this game is good. It can throw in a car chase shooter section, a gunfighting section, a foot chase, and a beatdown and all of those elements work at least well enough to be competent, which means the plot missions can have a lot of variety in both what you're doing play-wise and how the action-set-pieces go story-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
New Cast-

Broken Nose Jiang- Elizabeth Sung

Ponytail- Ron Yuan, same guy who plays Dogeyes and Big Smile Lee's other minion Mr. Tong, who we'll see later. We'll also see Ponytail again in the final mission. He is guarding Big Smile Lee there and takes a lot of bullets or a special trick to put down.

Old Salty Crab (the fat guy who was with Jiang)- Tzi Ma, who also plays Big Smile Lee later on ironically enough.

Johnny- Vic Chao, same guy who voices Siu Wah.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stephen Chow is so good. Even if God of Cookery is absolutely nuts, like weirder than his later films, if some of y'all haven't seen it.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
You know, what does it say about Wei that while his fellows are arguing amongst themselves, the moment he says something, they shut up and listen? And when Ponytail comes by and threatens expansion, all he does is solidify Wei's position as the newest Red Pole? I mean, Broken Nose Jiang treats him like one from their very first meeting, even if it's only to get him on her side, it's still a legitimate piece of recognition.

Wei's going places, and this is bound to attract attention.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wei has real charisma, outside of the hyper-competence of being the PC.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Our boy just has a Wei with people, you know?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

resurgam40 posted:

Our boy just has a Wei with people, you know?

Uuuuuuugh.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

berryjon posted:

I mean, Broken Nose Jiang treats him like one from their very first meeting, even if it's only to get him on her side, it's still a legitimate piece of recognition.

Wei and Jiang's relationship is actually part of what make Jiang a great character. She and Wei display a great deal of respect towards each other while being mutually contemptuous of Lee. Notice that when Wei figures out that Jiang is intent on succeeding Po as chairman, she never denies it instead stating why Lee would be terrible as chairman.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 2, 2018

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Chimera-gui posted:

Wei and Jiang's relationship is actually part of what make Jiang a great character. She and Wei display a great deal of respect towards while being mutually contemptuous of Lee. Notice that when Wei figures out that Jiang is intent on succeeding Po as chairman, she never denies it instead stating why Lee would be terrible as chairman.

And as an Undercover operative, getting in the good graces of the new Boss would be amazing.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

berryjon posted:

And as an Undercover operative, getting in the good graces of the new Boss would be amazing.

Funny you should mention that...

Azure Dreamer
Oct 14, 2012

wearing sunglasses makes me a cool kid
mrs chu is loving hardcore.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Azure Dreamer posted:

mrs chu don't gently caress around

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Miz Kriss posted:

mrs chu don't gently caress around

Remember when they were joking about fearing her cleaver.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Night10194 posted:

Remember when they were joking about fearing her cleaver.

That was before someone killed her baby boy.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!

berryjon posted:

You know, what does it say about Wei that while his fellows are arguing amongst themselves, the moment he says something, they shut up and listen? And when Ponytail comes by and threatens expansion, all he does is solidify Wei's position as the newest Red Pole? I mean, Broken Nose Jiang treats him like one from their very first meeting, even if it's only to get him on her side, it's still a legitimate piece of recognition.

Wei's going places, and this is bound to attract attention.

Look at Wei's bodycount and rap sheet, man. To paraphrase the Wire, motherfucker's got more bodies on him than a Chinese cemetery. I'm in no way astonished that everyone shuts the hell up as soon as Wei starts talking. The last hundred motherfuckers to screw around with him all died of chronic face-bullet syndrome.

Speaking of which, Tovarich! Is time for many crime, yes?!

So obviously the shootout in the club is self-defense across the board. Dudes come busting in with loving machine guns and laying waste to your club and clientelle while shooting at you, it's only reasonable to shoot back. It's a little more sketchy that he chased the fleeing car down, but given what had happened a moment ago, Wei is PROBABLY within his rights to chase a fleeing armed and dangerous suspect who was killing people and engage him with all necessary force.

However his assault on Ratface's crew is definitely not self defense, as he murdered three people before they broke out guns (to say nothing of charging a dude brandishing a bloody knife). As such, there's a Looooootta crime coming from that sequence, and from the ones that follow.

This session accordingly gives us:

People almost certainly permanently crippled/maimed by Wei Shen: 40 (total: 311)
People definitively killed by Wei Shen: 94 (total: 235) <--- Biggest bodycount yet by a HUGE margin

Crimes:

2 Counts Littering
1 Count Reckless Endangerment
1 Count Posession of an Illegal Firearm
1 Count Aggravated Blinging
13 Counts Malicious Destruction of Property
1 Count Misdemeanor Obstruction of Justice
1 Count Misdemeanor Hit-and-Run
43 Counts Murder in the Second Degree
2 Counts Posession of an Assault Weapon
9 Counts Attempted Murder in the Second Degree
1 Count Attempted Manslaughter in the First Degree
10 Counts Assault with a Deadly Weapon
2 Counts Assault with a Deadly Weapon upon Multitudinous Supermen
7 Counts Assault and Battery
1 Count Simple Assault
1 Count Carjacking
1 Count Conspiracy to Commit Murder in the First Degree
1 Count Conspiracy to Commit Torture
1 Count Conspiracy to Commit Aggravated Mayhem
1 Count Driving Around in a Bullet Riddled Car with Intent to Look Like a Bad Motherfucker
1 Count Vandalism

And so for this session, we have a total sentence (and this has got to be some kind of record) of One Life Sentence, plus 1,661 Years, 2 months.

Holy hell, Wei...

GenHavoc fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 21, 2017

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Driving Around in a Bullet Riddled Car with Intent to Look Like a Bad Motherfucker

This crime is on my to-do list now. Thanks, GenHavoc. :)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's also the fact that as a police officer, Wei was within his duty to pursue the suspect and had the right to use deadly force.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GenHavoc posted:

Holy hell, Wei...

The HKPD put their hopes in Wei Shen's unprecedented, as yet undefined justice.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

GenHavoc posted:

1 Count Assault with a Deadly Weapon upon Superman

I have to ask. If it's the guy who jumps out of the flipping car and lands on his feet, his passenger pulls off the same stunt.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Assaults upon Superman only count if you throw the gun at him in frustration.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Azure Dreamer posted:

Just you wait

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Grapplejack posted:

Just you wait

Is Wei going to die next video and does Mrs. Chu become the new player character?

Azure Dreamer
Oct 14, 2012

wearing sunglasses makes me a cool kid

White Coke posted:

Is Wei going to die next video and does Mrs. Chu become the new player character?

god i wish. mrs chu is way cooler than wei.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

The HKPD put their hopes in Wei Shen's unprecedented, as yet undefined justice.

I can't help but imagine some higher up yelling at Raymond for his charge's antics and him weakly replying "Look, I tried TALKING to him. What else do you want me to do?"

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Dec 21, 2017

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Meanwhile Pendrew is observing the above meeting with a strange smile while Teng offers Raymond what understanding support she can. :)

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!

achtungnight posted:

Driving Around in a Bullet Riddled Car with Intent to Look Like a Bad Motherfucker

This crime is on my to-do list now. Thanks, GenHavoc. :)

I'm pretty sure the sentence for this one is to be executed by the Russian Mafia after first screaming about King Kong not having poo poo on you, but go for it!

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I have to ask. If it's the guy who jumps out of the flipping car and lands on his feet, his passenger pulls off the same stunt.

It is, and I must not have seen the passenger do it. I am therefore updating the charge to include the second count.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

GenHavoc posted:

I'm pretty sure the sentence for this one is to be executed by the Russian Mafia after first screaming about King Kong not having poo poo on you, but go for it!

It is, and I must not have seen the passenger do it. I am therefore updating the charge to include the second count.

When the car went vertical he climbed out the bottom instead of the top. Less flight, more super-strength.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
How the hell do you climb out the bottom of a car?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
With your limbs.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

GenHavoc posted:

How the hell do you climb out the bottom of a car?

He tucks and rolls. Anyway, Merry Christmas to all who care! My technical difficulties have yet to fully resolve, but I do have a present for everyone in two parts.

Edit: Now it's one part. See below.

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 26, 2017

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
LOL, at the start of the video I was wondering if you had somehow grabbed the owner and thrown him in the trunk to fail since you were confused as to the target. And boy, Wei gets to play dress up a lot this police case. Kinda funny he gets the new clothes at the end of the video considering he keeps putting his disguises back as part of the missions, though maybe he hits other ambulances to get a different set later because he missed having the disguise. God knows he sees enough ambulances around to clean up his messes he probably knows all the crews by name.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Okay, you may want to remove the links to the now deleted unlisted vids.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 26, 2017

Da_Higg
Oct 15, 2012
Its the best ChristwhatthehelliswromgwithyouWeithosewereciviliansmas present ever!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Chimera-gui posted:

Your vids are unlisted, just a heads up.

I know. That's because they were placeholders I uploaded in case I didn't get home back to post the whole video in the afternoon. Which, obviously, I've done.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

I know. That's because they were placeholders I uploaded in case I didn't get home back to post the whole video in the afternoon. Which, obviously, I've done.

Daaaaaaaaaaamn, Korea. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The hospital's records and privacy have been seriously compromised. Jesus Christ, Wei. :)

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 25, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But on the other hand, an illegal search is pretty low severity on Wei's rapsheet.

Teng is definitely an accessory to the illegal search though, since she was aware of it and did not attempt to stop it.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
Merry Christmas to all! Happy Hannukah! Joyful Festivus! Etc!

Let's see what crimes we can pin on Wei in these fun-filled times.

I've followed a policy of not counting crimes that happened prior to a reload, so the first instance of grabbing the shopkeeper, beating him on a trunk hood, and then allowing him to be kidnapped did not count at all. The second time through did. Further, parsing out who did and didn't get killed in the motorcycle chase was not an easy thing to do, but I did the best I could with it.

Therefore, this violent session yields:

People almost certainly permanently crippled/maimed by Wei Shen: 17 (total: 328)
People definitively killed by Wei Shen: 49 (total: 288)

Crimes:

1 Count Simple Assault
3 Counts Assault and Battery
1 Count Aggravated Kidnapping in the Second Degree
1 Count Aggravated Kidnapping in the First Degree
1 Count Conspiracy to Traffic Narcotics
2 Counts Possession of an Assault Weapon
32 Counts Murder in the Second Degree
12 Counts Attempted Murder in the Second Degree
5 Counts Moral Depravity
4 Counts Malicious Destruction of Property
1 Count Felony Hit-and-Run
2 Counts Misdemeanor Hit-and-Run
2 Counts Conspiracy to Commit Reckless Endangerment
1 Count Carjacking
1 Count Failure to Appreciate Fine Craftsmanship
2 Counts Manslaughter in the First Degree
2 Counts Reckless Endangerment
1 Count Littering
1 Count Misdemeanor Obstruction of Justice
1 Count Petty Larceny
25 Counts Computer Fraud (Yeah, that's how this works)
1 Count Illegal Wiretapping
1 Count Being a Motherfucking Terminator

And so for this session, we have a total sentence of 1,421 Years, 1 month.

I mean... I guess it's better than last time?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

GenHavoc posted:

I've followed a policy of not counting crimes that happened prior to a reload, so the first instance of grabbing the shopkeeper, beating him on a trunk hood, and then allowing him to be kidnapped did not count at all. The second time through did. Further, parsing out who did and didn't get killed in the motorcycle chase was not an easy thing to do, but I did the best I could with it.

I didn't grab the shopkeeper in either instance; the shopkeeper was the guy who asked me to grab the random drunk and get him out of the store, which is what I did. Both times. Hence the mystery. It doesn't really affect the crime list, I just wanted to clarify what was going on.

Also, remember that I said Wei Shen cannot own any boats. So if he's driving one, he's stealing it.

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!

I didn't grab the shopkeeper in either instance; the shopkeeper was the guy who asked me to grab the random drunk and get him out of the store, which is what I did. Both times. Hence the mystery. It doesn't really affect the crime list, I just wanted to clarify what was going on.

Also, remember that I said Wei Shen cannot own any boats. So if he's driving one, he's stealing it.

Ahh, that's a good point. We'll add Two counts of Grand Theft Boat then, which tacks four more years onto that sentence of his.

• Locked thread