Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sad that the entire NFC east is out of the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

they should sign Kap and audition him against the Cowboys

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

euphronius posted:

Sad that the entire NFC east is out of the playoffs.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
They should bring in Kaep and use him as a 3rd down QB like Randall was his rookie year

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Kaep really actually any good? As much as I enjoy actions that screw with Trump for a laugh, he just strikes me as entirely mediocre with his shtick to give him notoriety.

I mean if Foles gets injured, sure there isn’t much you can do worse at that point.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Is Kaep really actually any good? As much as I enjoy actions that screw with Trump for a laugh, he just strikes me as entirely mediocre with his shtick to give him notoriety.

I mean if Foles gets injured, sure there isn’t much you can do worse at that point.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1I0cUTXwr-k

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

He is better than most of the options available is the best description.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

MazelTovCocktail posted:

tl;dw: Yes.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlestheHammer posted:

He is better than most of the options available is the best description.

That is reasoning I can accept.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

That is reasoning I can accept.

You should really watch that video though because it breaks down exactly why he’s good using actual statistics.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HatfulOfHollow posted:

You should really watch that video though because it breaks down exactly why he’s good using actual statistics.

Yeah, but is he worth the baggage? I mean I did watch the video, I get he’s not garbage and actually good, but sometimes the guy being good isn’t worth the extra hassles. I’m just damaged by the TO years, and that didn’t even have anything to do with politics.

Granted if it’s for a quick use and dump, then maybe it would be, or if he would ensure a better backup for Foles. I just have to wonder if there is enough time left to get any beneficial use?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Aside for the D line, the only Eagle I feel remotely confident about is Jake Elliott

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, but is he worth the baggage? I mean I did watch the video, I get he’s not garbage and actually good, but sometimes the guy being good isn’t worth the extra hassles. I’m just damaged by the TO years, and that didn’t even have anything to do with politics.

Granted if it’s for a quick use and dump, then maybe it would be, or if he would ensure a better backup for Foles. I just have to wonder if there is enough time left to get any beneficial use?

TO and kaep really aren’t comparable beyond, you know, that one thing

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Everyone who has ever met him seems to like him. He's an accurate one read and run QB who protects the ball.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Everyone who has ever met him seems to like him. He's an accurate one read and run QB who protects the ball.

Somewhat accurate, but zero touch.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
^so, compares favorably with Carsom Wentz

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, but is he worth the baggage?

this team signed Michael Vick

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

a new study bible! posted:

Aside for the D line, the only Eagle I feel remotely confident about is Jake Elliott

Unless the field goal you need to make is 35 yards or less

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The worst thing Vick did was manage an inhuman dog fighting company

Wentz on the other hand

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Speaking of #7...

What if Foles plays like he did on Christmas for a half and then Nate "Stud" Sudfeld comes in and kicks rear end? QB controversy entering the playoffs?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Foles plays lights out into the NFC championship game, gets injured, Sudfeld lights up the Superbowl and wins, 3 way QB controversy

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Foles plays lights out into the NFC championship game, gets injured, Sudfeld lights up the Superbowl and wins, 3 way QB controversy

Trade ‘em both for picks, start Kaepernick while Wentz heals through September/October

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Tom Sellout posted:

The Cowboys offense is playing at roughly Raiders level at the moment. Oh, and Tyron Smith is injured again. They still don't give his replacement any help. The Cowboys are extremely bad.

The Cowboys should sit Smith and only put Prescott out there for a few drives at most. "Finishing the season strong" is dumb as poo poo when only draft position is on the line and Smith needs all the rest he can get.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon posted:

The Cowboys should sit Smith and only put Prescott out there for a few drives at most. "Finishing the season strong" is dumb as poo poo when only draft position is on the line and Smith needs all the rest he can get.

I can think of at least two Smiths on the Dallas roster.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

NotWearingPants posted:

What if Foles plays like he did on Christmas for a half and then Nate "Stud" Sudfeld comes in and kicks rear end? QB controversy entering the playoffs?

If that happened it'd be the first time I've ever rooted for the Eagles in anything. Sudfeld owns

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Hey fuckers

Sidney Jones is ACTIVE and WILL PLAY TOMORROW

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I want to see Sudfeld throw a TD pass

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

89 posted:

Hey fuckers

Sidney Jones is ACTIVE and WILL PLAY TOMORROW

:getin:

Please save our season Sidney

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
The Giants outscored the rest of the NFC East combined this week

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

exploded mummy posted:

The Giants outscored the rest of the NFC East this week

A good day. The colts lost and they locked up the #2 overall.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Matt Zerella posted:

A good day. The colts lost and they locked up the #2 overall.

Colts won

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Yes. Whoops!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
So what now, the Colts and Giants flip a coin for the #2 spot?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon posted:

So what now, the Colts and Giants flip a coin for the #2 spot?

Why would there be a coinflip

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I'm glad the Eagles defense played well but holy poo poo that was a big fat nothing by anyone on the offense. Like I get resting started but there was just no spark or anything.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If there's any consolation for the impending playoff loss it's that the case for Wentz as MVP has never been stronger.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

exploded mummy posted:

Why would there be a coinflip

oh, whoops. Just realized the Colts Colts'd themselves into 4 wins

Yodzilla posted:

I'm glad the Eagles defense played well but holy poo poo that was a big fat nothing by anyone on the offense. Like I get resting started but there was just no spark or anything.

oh hey this'll make you feel better then
https://twitter.com/richeisen/status/947574771767590912

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Everyone should have resigned themselves to first game exit as soon as wentz was out. It's just that, there seemed to be some sort of competence from foles in the giants game and managing the rams win. But then the raiders game and today he looked absolutely lost. The only explanation I would accept for putting sudafed in today was to see if he might be some magic bullshit cause foles is not winning anything for us.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

Everyone should have resigned themselves to first game exit as soon as wentz was out. It's just that, there seemed to be some sort of competence from foles in the giants game and managing the rams win. But then the raiders game and today he looked absolutely lost. The only explanation I would accept for putting sudafed in today was to see if he might be some magic bullshit cause foles is not winning anything for us.

yep. if we win a game it's nice but i have 0 expectations for this team any more.

it's sorta liberating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I was sad but then after the Giants game I was happy but now I’m kind of sad again.

I also might be kinda hung over which doesn’t help but at least the Browns lost.

• Locked thread