Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Chris James 2 posted:

thank you sweet merciful jesus

2017: not so bad after all

Disgusting opinion. Be ashamed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Worth pointing out that that article uses an AvPGalaxy article as one of their main sources - I just spoke with the author of that article and he said, “Yeah, they took a little tidbit I'd posted in one of my own articles and blown it up.”

So do with that information what you will.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

It wouldn't be that surprising given the box office of Covenant.

It'd be a real shame though. Ending on a cliffhanger that will never be resolved.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

i'm so happy

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

i'm so happy

You could just not watch the movies...

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I guess now that Ridley Scott is done loving poo poo up we can get back to the way the franchise was going before and have Joss Whedon write and direct Alien Resurrection 2.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Snak posted:

I guess now that Ridley Scott is done loving poo poo up we can get back to the way the franchise was going before and have Joss Whedon write and direct Alien Resurrection 2.

Bad as this would be, it'd still be a lot better than Prometheus.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

James Cameron is going to make a billion Avatar sequels noone cares about and he hasn't done poo poo worth watching in 20 years but lol if you think Ridley Scott of all people wont be able to get his pet project done.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Yaws posted:

You could just not watch the movies...

Never insensitively mock the geas of goons to watch things they hate

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Snak posted:

Can't wait for Alien 4 dir. Joss Whedon Ron Howard

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Astrochicken posted:

Can't wait for Alien 4 dir. Joss Whedon Ron Howard J.J. Abrams

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Astrochicken posted:

Can't wait for Alien 4 dir. Joss Whedon Ron Howard

Nah, this is laying the groundwork for Neil Blokamp's resurrection of Newt and Hicks.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

banned from Starbucks posted:

James Cameron is going to make a billion Avatar sequels noone cares about and he hasn't done poo poo worth watching in 20 years but lol if you think Ridley Scott of all people wont be able to get his pet project done.

Disney just opened Pandora in Animal Kingdom. Its still somehow popular. The Avatar sequels will make bank.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Chris James 2 posted:

i'm so happy

Opinions as good as this 'news' is reliable.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dienes posted:

Disney just opened Pandora in Animal Kingdom. Its still somehow popular. The Avatar sequels will make bank.

I mean, yeah. If I was in the Animal Kingdom at Disney, of course I would want to go to the loving crazy Alien Planet. That's the coolest loving part. No wonder it's popular.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Nah, this is laying the groundwork for Neil Blokamp's resurrection of Newt and Hicks.

I want to see a Neil Blomkamp Alien movie, but thats in spite of his desire to bring back Newt and Hicks, not because of it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It would be funny if he brought them back only to murder them off even more gruesomely.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/938289431638835201

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Wow I know the buyout doesn't take effect for just over a year but Disney's already rolling out merchandise for the reboot!

A / L | A \ N

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 27, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I need that shirt

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Neo Rasa posted:

Wow I know the buyout doesn't take effect for just over a year but Disney's already rolling out merchandise for the reboot!

A / L | A \ N
I saw this on Facebook and I was dying, I too need this.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

This is for the best. Prometheus & Covenant prove that Alien was a great movie in spite of Scott, not because of him. We're just lucky that so many talented minds came together from the implosion of Jodorowsky's Dune to craft something so great, and that Scott didn't have enough pull at the time to gently caress it up.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He got everyone together except for O’Bannon. So you best lick the turds from his boot.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

SUNKOS posted:

This is for the best. Prometheus & Covenant prove that Alien was a great movie in spite of Scott, not because of him.

Alien was 38 years ago.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

SUNKOS posted:

This is for the best. Prometheus & Covenant prove that Alien was a great movie in spite of Scott, not because of him. We're just lucky that so many talented minds came together from the implosion of Jodorowsky's Dune to craft something so great, and that Scott didn't have enough pull at the time to gently caress it up.

Thank you, I had been craving a nuclear take for the past couple days and now I'll be satisfied for a while.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i dont care if Scotts next movie with Fassbender as David doesnt have the word ALIEN or the creature involved at all. i'll still see it

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

SUNKOS posted:

This is for the best. Prometheus & Covenant prove that Alien was a great movie in spite of Scott, not because of him.

Crazy dumb.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

i dont care if Scotts next movie with Fassbender as David doesnt have the word ALIEN or the creature involved at all. i'll still see it

Okay but then you're watching junk like The Counselor.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Noted bad film-maker Ridley Scott...

Like when the studio made Blade Runner good despite Ridley Scott.

Or when the studio made Kingdom of Heaven good despite Ridley Scott

Or when Harvey Keitel carried The Duellists despite Ridley Scott's Direction.

Thank god someone stopped this madman by taking the reigns away from the director and giving them to the studio that brought us Ant Man...

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Neo Rasa posted:

A / L | A \ N

Alan! ALAN! ALAN!

I hope Scott says “Okay. How about this. Orlando Bloom as a knight in space where humans are crusading against...extra terrestrials. Call it...Baylian.”

“Is it directed by Michael Bay?”

“...sure why not I’m old and I’ll just produce from the shadows. You know lurk around set and just chime in every now and then.”

Gatts fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 27, 2017

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

How do you gently caress up a screenplay written by Cormac McCarthy in the first place, anyway?

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
Having read the screenplay for The Counselor, Scott's modifications for the film were only beneficial.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Arkhams Razor posted:

Having read the screenplay for The Counselor, Scott's modifications for the film were only beneficial.

Seriously. Go and read it sometime, folks.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Yeah I love me some Cormac, but his writing is for the eyes not the ears. The Counselor would have worked as a silent film.

Snak posted:

Noted bad film-maker Ridley Scott...

Like when the studio made Blade Runner good despite Ridley Scott.

Or when the studio made Kingdom of Heaven good despite Ridley Scott

Or when Harvey Keitel carried The Duellists despite Ridley Scott's Direction.

Thank god someone stopped this madman by taking the reigns away from the director and giving them to the studio that brought us Ant Man...

Now that Disney has freed us from the tyranny of Lucas, a new vile betrayer crazy lucky dumb bad man arises . . .

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

I'm seriously looking forward to All The Money in The World.

Ridley's too good for us.

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009

ruddiger posted:

I'm seriously looking forward to All The Money in The World.

Ridley's too good for us.

Just got back from it. Very good, though the last act dissolves into clichés at an easily identifiable point. Not sure why reviews are saying that it plays up sympathy for Getty; he's pretty uniformly treated as a miserly bastard, and his breakdown at the end seems more about parting with his money than the suffering he inflected on his grandson. Not as great as Covenant, but absolutely worth catching in theaters.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

SUNKOS posted:

Given Prometheus, this is the most accurate analysis in this thread.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

a foolish pianist posted:

Given Prometheus, this is the most accurate analysis in this thread.

Alien was 38-years ago.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

K. Waste posted:

Alien was 38-years ago.

And Ridley Scott has been on a slow downward quality slide ever since. Now he only wants to make movies with tedious sad-robot themes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Black Bones posted:

Now that Disney has freed us from the tyranny of Lucas, a new vile betrayer crazy lucky dumb bad man arises . . .

Lucas creates prequels to his sci-fi baby, Disney buys LucasFilm.

Scott creates prequels to his sci-fi baby, Disney buys Fox.

Paramount's just one more under-performing Trek flick away.....