Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

cowboy elvis posted:

Hope you all are ready for Vinche McMahon to take another go at professional football.
https://deadspin.com/timing-of-trad...0759.1494635041

I can think of numerous reasons why this is such a longshot idea. Even more than it was back in 2000.

So basically a football league for people who think the NFL is too liberal? This should have broad appeal.

I look forward to their policy on player concussions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

cowboy elvis posted:

Hope you all are ready for Vinche McMahon to take another go at professional football.

I can think of numerous reasons why this is such a longshot idea. Even more than it was back in 2000.

good

xfl was pretty fun bc kickers are fair game, who cares if it fails. i'll watch it over nfl right now.

poo poo i was rooting like hell for UFL to become a thing because CT had a team

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

xfl was pretty fun bc kickers are fair game, who cares if it fails. i'll watch it over nfl right now.

Kickers are great. Jason Hanson is about the only thing I could root for as a Lions fan post-Barry and pre-Megatron/Stafford.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

cowboy elvis posted:

wanna bet the uppity players in this league will know their place won't kneel?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

kickers own

i just like the added tension of a failed soccer player praying he doesn't get destroyed added into the game

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It might get some viewership from white trash morons who don't like anthem protests and like the wrasslin' trappings, but it's not going to be able to sustain for long.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I want to see the announcement before forming a serious opinion. For now, if this idea doesn't attract big ticket advertisers, it's not going anywhere.

Whatever programs are currently running in prime time or weekend slots, networks have to make the call if Vince's league will perform better in ratings. If they don't think it will, the league isn't long for this world.

And lol the NFL is going to crush it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If players kneel then

*in growly Vince McMahon voice*

THEY WILL BE CUUUUUUUGHGHGGGGGGGHHTTTT

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope the whole McMahon empire falls to concussion lawsuits.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

There's already a football league where all games are played outdoors, there's no fair catches and the game moves a lot quicker

It's called the CFL.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Do we have a hotter take than that?

My grandmother tried to warn me away from the genetic ancestry services because if I found I had African DNA she’d disown me, which is both a glorious hot take and a beautiful self-own

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zeris posted:

My grandmother tried to warn me away from the genetic ancestry services because if I found I had African DNA she’d disown me, which is both a glorious hot take and a beautiful self-own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3yon2GyoiM&t=378s

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I'd disown my grandma if she said something like that. I guess I should feel happy that my slightly dysfunctional family doesn't consist of angry, stupid racists.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

DoktorLoken posted:

I'd disown my grandma if she said something like that. I guess I should feel happy that my slightly dysfunctional family doesn't consist of angry, stupid racists.

Yeah, she’s 90 and more senile than not. Basically waiting to die in Florida and living out her days treating family like poo poo. They all live together now so holidays are a package deal.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Dead Grandparents on both sides solve that hypothetical problem.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

https://youtu.be/bE-DEt85uVU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Nick Soapdish posted:

Dead Grandparents on both sides solve that hypothetical problem.

Same, tbh.

Worst I get from my family is pre-reagan Republicans. And alcoholics.

Closest I ever heard a grandparent say something racist was my grandfather pointing out a biracial couple in the park with a child and sympathetically saying "I feel sorry for that child. He's gonna have a tough life."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
all of my grandparents are dead (or completely unknown) as well, but i never had much of a relationship with any except my great grandmother and she died years and years ago.

i've still got crazy uncles and aunts, but that's really the extent. i don't keep up much with extended family at all.

I got a dna kit to use out of curiosity but also simply because no one knows who my mother's father was, so there's some medical history missing as well.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
2017 retrospective: what was the dumbest thing Trump did this year?

Also, remember Scaramucci? Seems like years ago.

random 2018 prediction: Trump says something about imposing martial law, and his supporters say we should do it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Zeris posted:

Borrow DNA from a non-white friend, send it in under your grandma's name.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

boop the snoot posted:

random 2018 prediction: Trump says something about imposing martial law, and his supporters say we should do it.

He kinda already suggested that for Chicago like 100000000000000000 years ago

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

boop the snoot posted:

Dumbest thing? His Charlottesville protest response.

Generally dumb thing? God how does one simply pick a single one?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Hey remember that time John Dickerson of Face the Nation tried to pin Trump down on Trump's claims of Obama wiretapping and Trump just walked away from the interview and went to just play with the like five pieces of paper on his Oval Office desk until the camera guy cut away?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
the mooch saga was probably one of my favorite plot lines from this season

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I always appreciated when reporters would covfefe

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

cowboy elvis posted:

Dumbest thing? His Charlottesville protest response.

Nah, the Israeli embassy thing is gonna get a ton of people killed and weaken US diplomatic ability for a long time.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Nothing I heard about was dumber than him thinking The Wall would be see-through.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
the F35 being invisible is pretty up their in the stupidity race.

Not like "this is a bad decision" stupid

but the "maybe he really is full on retarded" stupid category

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Trying to issue a military transgender ban via twitter was definitely the dumbest thing for me.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That was my favorite bottle episode.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Scrubs. Best episode was definitely the pilot: "Biggest Crowd Size in History" still gets a laugh out of me since it was so easily debunked.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

No it was definitely telling people to stop yelling 'lock her up' once he got elected since he didn't need that poo poo anymore.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Thwomp posted:

Hey remember that time John Dickerson of Face the Nation tried to pin Trump down on Trump's claims of Obama wiretapping and Trump just walked away from the interview and went to just play with the like five pieces of paper on his Oval Office desk until the camera guy cut away?

That was when he truly became president.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

KildarX posted:

Nah, the Israeli embassy thing is gonna get a ton of people killed and weaken US diplomatic ability for a long time.

so its no different than virtually every other foreign policy choice we've made post ww2

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
You have gotta be fuckin making GBS threads me.

https://twitter.com/farhip/status/946097532534374400

Edit: https://twitter.com/NoahGrayCNN/status/946104017293324288

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 27, 2017

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Meh, it was OK. He really phoned in his performance.

Now, discussing code-word level intelligence at Mar A Lago, in public? And then with the Russian ambassador? That's about as dumb as you can get.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Like there are a ton of stupid things he said or did, but nothing makes it abundantly clear that he has no loving idea how things are supposed to work like trying to proclaim a big and sudden change to military policy over social media.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Fister Roboto posted:

Like there are a ton of stupid things he said or did, but nothing makes it abundantly clear that he has no loving idea how things are supposed to work like trying to proclaim a big and sudden change to military policy over social media.

Jesus christ I had forgotten about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

I'm not finding out my genetic make up because if it came back any percentage Slavic I would kill myself

What if your mom hosed some dude named Oleg and your daddy ain't your daddy? Makes you think huh?

• Locked thread