Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ladron posted:

what's the deal with gummi bears and parking lot gravel?

Gummi bears usually don't have any parking lot gravel in them, much like the Chinese and empathy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

McGavin posted:

Gummi bears usually don't have any parking lot gravel in them, much like the Chinese and empathy.

Wow thanks for explaining it

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Jeoh posted:

Wow thanks for explaining it

Anytime, friend. I realized you needed the help.

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
I have known some very kind people in China and they all seem to either come from abusive homes or work in very exploitative conditions.

Conversely the worst people i have met there tended to be very well off.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

EasternBronze posted:

I have known some very kind people in China and they all seem to either come from abusive homes or work in very exploitative conditions.

but were they abused and exploited because they are kind/naive?

makes you think.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

EasternBronze posted:

This doesn't seem unique to China.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

thx for this, used it for a free probation in d&d

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I often think Rich Evans would fit into this thread at times...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XCFjN80BO8

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Rich Evans is a precious beautiful creature

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

The Great Autismo! posted:

thx for this, used it for a free probation in d&d
LOL. I like how in the thread he's acting like I/we made this image to support our evil GBS China thread agenda, when actually I just copied it from some goofball on r/China.

Platystemon posted:

Meanwhile, in the Anglosphere, “making water” is a polite way of saying “pissing”.
Chinese water and peepee... same difference.

Now, if we are talking Coca Cola... same difference.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bajaj posted:

LOL. I like how in the thread he's acting like I/we made this image to support our evil GBS China thread agenda, when actually I just copied it from some goofball on r/China.

stop whining you prick. let me tell you about GBS. actually, I think you'll find, it's bad. D&D is actually what's really good. bush did 9/11

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

stop whining you prick. let me tell you about GBS. actually, I think you'll find, it's bad. D&D is actually what's really good. bush did 9/11

lol

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
https://my.mixtape.moe/guefwn.mp4

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Shut up about dnd and post more funny china poo poo

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

underage at the vape shop posted:

Shut up about dnd and post more funny china poo poo

:hai:

https://my.mixtape.moe/hcfedn.mp4

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

:eyepop:

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

here's what D&D thinks of this GBS thread, BTW

sincx posted:

At least the racist in question here had a real job which presumably required a reasonable education.

The GBS thread, apparently, is filled with the likes of washed-up ex-English teachers who could literally only find minimum wage grocery store jobs back in the US.

Which explains why they keep going to China even though they hate it, and why they constantly pick on Chinese people--specifically Chinese men--to prop up their own fragile egos.

Equating the unwashed racists in the GBS thread with this guy is doing GBS too much of a favor.

congrats, everyone is a washed up ex-English teacher who could literally only find minimum wage pay in USA. Also, you only want to pick on specifically Chinese men to prop up your own fragile egos.

Enjoy your horrible thread, GBS!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The GBS china thread is more entertaining than the D&D china thread.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Yeah, this thread has interesting personal anecdotes and neat spin off conversations.

The DND thread has like, lots of passive aggressive hostility and broke brained internet weirdos trying to score purity points or something.

I was going to post one of the really great pieces that just came out on the heartbreaking police state that's emerged in Xinjiang, but ehh the mod would probably just saw something about how we lynch negroes in the US and probate me

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

here's what D&D thinks of this GBS thread, BTW

congrats, everyone is a washed up ex-English teacher who could literally only find minimum wage pay in USA. Also, you only want to pick on specifically Chinese men to prop up your own fragile egos.

Enjoy your horrible thread, GBS!

gently caress I get paid more here teaching US History in Taiwan than I would in most US states

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Who in here is working a minimum wage job in the states?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm posting while at work, from an actual dekstop computer, so you know it pays better than minimum wage!!!

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Atlas Hugged posted:

I don't even have a job in the states!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
If I've learned anything from the Comic Strip Megathread and Dustin it's that teaching isn't a job, it's just a hobby for stupid lazy people who don't deserve to get paid or to have any respect.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

If you don't earn at least six figgies you're not allowed to post or quote ITT :laffo:

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

His Divine Shadow posted:

5000 years, that's nothing!

I didn't know Fortune Feimster was Korean. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3833084/

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

value-brand cereal posted:

If you don't earn at least six figgies you're not allowed to post or quote ITT :laffo:

:smug: Half a million here! in RMB

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

What if my salary is only 60k or so, but I earned 150k+ in investment income this year?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Dilber posted:

What if my salary is only 60k or so, but I earned 150k+ in investment income this year?

You'll never be able to cash those bitcoins out, bro. Sorry.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

what if i could give myself a blowjob

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Pretty sure most of the people in the D&D thread have never stepped foot in China

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Raptor1033 posted:

You'll never be able to cash those bitcoins out, bro. Sorry.

none of it is bitcoin. I said investments. :colbert:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

speaking of minimum wage toilers, whatever happened to that goldman sachs guy that would post here and then troll the BFC retail thread

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

TsarZiedonis posted:

Yeah, this thread has interesting personal anecdotes and neat spin off conversations.

The DND thread has like, lots of passive aggressive hostility and broke brained internet weirdos trying to score purity points or something.

I was going to post one of the really great pieces that just came out on the heartbreaking police state that's emerged in Xinjiang, but ehh the mod would probably just saw something about how we lynch negroes in the US and probate me

Guyovich will argue the most incredible opinions for pages on end but he's usually quite fair with the probies, there's little to fear.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
he's probed people for a week+ for engaging his ridiculous tankie nonsense and signing off from the conversation by calling him a loving idiot (which he is) so i dunno that 'usually quite fair' applies

i mean yeah mostly he hands out sixers or whatever but i don't think it's a percentage basis or something here

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

speaking of minimum wage toilers, whatever happened to that goldman sachs guy that would post here and then troll the BFC retail thread

Banned I believe.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TsarZiedonis posted:

That's just DND being DND.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I actually kinda like D&D if you go there not expecting to have any kind of serious debate and discussion and just go there to relax and make a fun and cool post about whatever you're trying to talk about

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
How far would $150k/year go in China, anyways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Pretty far. I'm not in China anymore but when my buddy was sent there by his company he made around 100 grand USD in the 6 months he was there. We went to the Shanghai grand prix, and he ate at the restaurant at the top of the Shanghai tower a couple times a week. He came home with more than 90k left.

• Locked thread