Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

osirisisdead posted:

Okay, I'm getting nodes connected and I have a worker.

How do I get a rank 1 house?
Pay mucho IRL bucks to purchase cash shop items in order to compete in furniture tetris with the other whales.

EDIT:
Rank 1 house in a city gets you access to a worker node that effectively takes X gold and spits out an average interest rate of Y% after Z hours. I think rank 1 in non-cities gets you access to some special production nodes for trade goods.
Anyway those are fiercely competitive, and you can enter any house and see them stuffed to the walls with cash shop furniture.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
:siren::siren::siren: MY GOBLIN SERVANT IS WORKING AT THE GRAPE FARM! :siren::siren::siren:

I WATCHED HIM WALK ACROSS ON THE MAP AND THEN HE WAS ALSO THERE.

Is store bought beer fine?

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 28, 2017

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

osirisisdead posted:

:siren::siren::siren: MY GOBLIN SERVANT IS WORKING AT THE GRAPE FARM! :siren::siren::siren:

I WATCHED HIM WALK ACROSS ON THE MAP AND THEN HE WAS ALSO THERE.

Is store bought beer fine?

Workers need beer that you make with cooking. You can sometimes buy it on the player market but most of it is quickly bought out.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't realize that trade runs were your wagon horse gets instashanked if you look away for a moment.

Let's try this again.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

osirisisdead posted:

I didn't realize that trade runs were your wagon horse gets instashanked if you look away for a moment.

Let's try this again.

There are NPC bandits and of course other players. At level 49 players still can't attack you but you just breeze past the bandits even when using auto travel.

After level 50 players will gank your trade wagons.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I have a 51 Valkyrie does that mean all my account's trade wagons are open to murder ?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

jokes posted:

I have a 51 Valkyrie does that mean all my account's trade wagons are open to murder ?

No just the valkyrie that's over 51

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Katt posted:

Quick info. At Artisan cooking/processing/alchemy your yield will be an average of 2.5 for the stuff you do. If you perform 100 beer cooking tasks you will get about 250 beer. If you perform 100 melt iron shard tasks you will get about 250 iron shards and so on. Likewise when you gather at Artisan gathering you will be able to perform about 2.5 gather tasks per 1 unit of energy (while also getting better loot too).

When it comes to cooking. Personally I want to get as much CP out of it as I can at the expense of some silver. Cooking tasks give those bonus meal items you hand in for things like cooking xp and CP

I turn all potatoes, wheat and Barley and sweet potato into beer.
http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/122/

I grind corn into Flour and Dough to use for these other cooking recipes. (Surplus corn becomes beer) 1 corn becomes 2.5 flour. 1 flour becomes 2.5 dough which means each corn becomes 6.25 dough.

I turn eggs into Dressing (dressing has no market value) But that's 1 cooking task per egg.
http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/108/

I turn all grapes from the Balenos grape node into Essence of Liquor (and later the Kama Strawberry node)
http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/109/

I then turn the Essence of Liquor into Exotic Herbal Wine
http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/131/

At artisan cooking you get 2.5 Essence of Liquor per grape. Each Essence of Liquor is another cooking task which means every single grape equals almost 4 cooking tasks (compared to using potatoes to make beer which is 0.2 cooking tasks per crop).

Experienced life skillers call this complete madness but I plan to work it like this until I get 300 CP. Then I'm going to use the Essence of Liquor to make Honey Wine instead

Honey Wine
http://bddatabase.net/us/item/9206/

Honey Wine can be turned into the imperial crafting delivery NPC for a nice sum of silver and so is way more profitable than Herbal Wine.

Likewise more experienced life skillers will turn eggs into Boiled Bird Eggs
http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/141/

Boiled Bird Eggs is 3 eggs per cooking task but they can also be handed in to imperial crafting delivery for silver

This is all good and well thought out but what about just making a metric fuckload of beer while simultaneously harvesting several different grain and potato nodes? You can still sell imperial beer crates if you want as well.

When I want to power level gathering I just buy ~450 empty bottles and walk into the nearest safe zone river to AFK while I YouTube.

(ok I grant you my cross country beer factory does require an established worker node setup)

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

DancingShade posted:

This is all good and well thought out but what about just making a metric fuckload of beer while simultaneously harvesting several different grain and potato nodes? You can still sell imperial beer crates if you want as well.

When I want to power level gathering I just buy ~450 empty bottles and walk into the nearest safe zone river to AFK while I YouTube.

(ok I grant you my cross country beer factory does require an established worker node setup)

There are no imperial beer crates. There was an event that had a temporary one, but there is no permanent item. Beer is still the best overall item to grind cp and cooking with since you can get a ton of grain really easily and it is marginally profitable rather than a loss. The only reason to do the essence of liquor chain is if you are extremely tight on grains, which I definitely am not with artisans on every grain node, but I guess new players might be with skilled workers. I still wouldn't recommend essence of liquor for beginners since quests will progress your CP pretty quick up to 255 anyways and after that you should be rolling pretty well in grain

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gwrtheyrn posted:

There are no imperial beer crates. There was an event that had a temporary one, but there is no permanent item. Beer is still the best overall item to grind cp and cooking with since you can get a ton of grain really easily and it is marginally profitable rather than a loss. The only reason to do the essence of liquor chain is if you are extremely tight on grains, which I definitely am not with artisans on every grain node, but I guess new players might be with skilled workers. I still wouldn't recommend essence of liquor for beginners since quests will progress your CP pretty quick up to 255 anyways and after that you should be rolling pretty well in grain

poo poo you're right, sorry. I was thinking of those fish crates you make with the deep fried stuff.

I've got a few workers farming dried fish that I forget about a lot.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think I am starting to get it, now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

osirisisdead posted:

I think I am starting to get it, now.

i LIKE that poo poo

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am sending murderface butterfly off to the nirvana of deletion and made this in low res mode and this is what I got when I flipped nerdvana mode back on.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

osirisisdead posted:

I am sending murderface butterfly off to the nirvana of deletion and made this in low res mode and this is what I got when I flipped nerdvana mode back on.

RIP murder butterfly.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
She will not. :rock:

edit: Today I made a new warrior and he put 50 fox hides into storage and I'm schmoozing the bed guy so I can put some dang beds into my residences along with some other minor adjustments, sales, tilting at windmills and maintenance.

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 29, 2017

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

osirisisdead posted:

She will not. :rock:

edit: Today I made a new warrior and he put 50 fox hides into storage and I'm schmoozing the bed guy so I can put some dang beds into my residences along with some other minor adjustments, sales, tilting at windmills and maintenance.

I haven’t even installed the game yet, got it to try the character creator. That said, I like how you play this game dawg

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I set up some custom controller settings for my Meemaw.

edit: O my the custom controller settings are per-character so I can set good bindings for each class!

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 29, 2017

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

There is no setting to stop the popup where it asks if I want the logs I just chopped down, right? Of course I want those logs, that's why I spent a point chopping down the tree! That's deliberately annoying friction so they can sell pets to pick up your poo poo, right?

On a similar note, there are no light sources for homes except from the cash shop? Lantern works okay so that's fine. I just wish I could get rid of the line of red text telling me I ought to buy chandlers for my dark hovel.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

There is no setting to stop the popup where it asks if I want the logs I just chopped down, right? Of course I want those logs, that's why I spent a point chopping down the tree! That's deliberately annoying friction so they can sell pets to pick up your poo poo, right?

On a similar note, there are no light sources for homes except from the cash shop? Lantern works okay so that's fine. I just wish I could get rid of the line of red text telling me I ought to buy chandlers for my dark hovel.

Hate gathering so I don't know. The most I ever do is harvest meat on Goat Mountain when my pet food runs low and that takes me quite a while.

I think you can just outright buy from vendors or craft lights for your house. They won't have the cash shop bling but they still illuminate which is all that matters.

I know I have one plain wood chandelier in my Altinova cooking residence which wasn't cash shop but where did I get it? Marketplace? Not sure. It's been ages since I cared about sourcing furnishings apart from receiving event reward crap I that I just scatter around my never visited Calephon home from the launch days.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

Pets don't pickup gathered materials, when you chop the tree you have to push the button again to actually collect the items no matter what. Regarding light sources, you can get chandeliers with in game silver. Some cities have furniture type vendors where you can buy some of the basics.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ok cool. Archeage is the only other first person MMO I ever played, so things that are different seem weird. So many clicks to do anything. And why can't I fly? So far jumping off cliffs hasn't killed me, but I want to fly. :(

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Facebook Aunt posted:

The R key right? same key to start chopping?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Katt posted:

The R key right? same key to start chopping?

Well, yeah. But that's still twice as many clicks as if they had a simple toggle to "grab everything and only stop to confirm if my inventory is full". :colbert:

I decided to try other classes.

Sorceress: Dumb as heck. Punching people with shadows? And the whole aesthetic of the character design is too edgy for me.

Witch: Now we're talking! Lighting, fireballs, chain lightning, self heal all before reaching Velia. No worries about maintaining range either, because if they get close you pull out a knife and shank 'em, which seems perfectly adequate at close range. Learning what the buttons do kinda matters, because one shoots chain lighting and another just waves your stick around like an idiot. (Unlike punchgirl where it doesn't seem to matter which button you press because they all involve walking up to people and then punching them. Maybe kicking. It's actually hard to tell what she's doing most of the time.)

Those hats tho.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
clawing people with shadow magic is not punching, fool

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
That said, Purplizzie my stabby dolly witch (reminds me of those Lenore comics) is also cool.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Woohoo I caught a horse! A tier 3 female horse!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Whoa mystic is getting her awakening way earlier than I expected. Just a little over 2 weeks after release.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I've had amazing results in /server today spicing up my gahaz rotations.

Started by repeating some Alan Jones talking points (that was super effective) and ended up talking about how Disney is transitioning Star Wars into a space faerie tale.

Anyway if your grind time is boring try some of the above. It's way more effective than Alienware at the moment.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If you're just selling stuff on the market, it looks like processing it is a waste of time? Like an ash plank is worth less than 5 ash logs. Which just makes me wonder why anyone is selling planks at all.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Paying for time saved

J
Jun 10, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

If you're just selling stuff on the market, it looks like processing it is a waste of time? Like an ash plank is worth less than 5 ash logs. Which just makes me wonder why anyone is selling planks at all.

You create more product as your processing level goes up. Eventually it'll be something like 2.5 planks created on average per 5 timber, and occasionally you will also create plywood as a bonus when chopping timber. Normally you have to chop planks to make plywood. Depending on what you're processing, assuming your processing is high enough to get that 2.5 average proc, it ends up being anywhere from 1-3 million silver an hour depending on what you are processing. That's if you sell it on the market with a value pack. Once you have really high trading level you can actually make the high value timber crates with your plywoods and sell them for even more than what you can make selling the processed goods on the market, but that's a huge grind to get there.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
That reminds me I have like 100k unprocessed logs in various places. Wonder if they'll sell.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

DancingShade posted:

That reminds me I have like 100k unprocessed logs in various places. Wonder if they'll sell.

Make a sailboat. Sellings logs on the market is a bit of a waste.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

gently caress

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Futaba Anzu posted:

gently caress

Ouch.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it's not a capital "gently caress" though because it'd honestly not be the best piece to upgrade for me right now anyways since blue awakenings got buffed a few patches back which actually makes them better if you're grinding human mobs like shultz but still sucks essentially wasting a ""good"" roll

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

DancingShade posted:

If you have hundreds of thousands of "Log", (an item only aquirable through manual gathering) you should definitely do something useful with them like make an Epheria Sailboat or advanced cooking utensils over putting them on the marketplace. Their price is ~600ish on the marketplace but they are each easily worth 10k.

If you mean various forms of timber then yes those will sell but you barely break even selling them vs the beer costs for the workertime needed to get all that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ineptitude posted:

If you have hundreds of thousands of "Log", (an item only aquirable through manual gathering) you should definitely do something useful with them like make an Epheria Sailboat or advanced cooking utensils over putting them on the marketplace. Their price is ~600ish on the marketplace but they are each easily worth 10k.

If you mean various forms of timber then yes those will sell but you barely break even selling them vs the beer costs for the workertime needed to get all that.

Nah I meant the wood your worker bees harvest from forest nodes, not the actual good valuable and highly useful manual gathering stuff.

Should probably shut those nodes down and recycle the contribution points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ineptitude posted:

Hmm one beer is two tasks. How many timber does a worker get per task?