Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Modesto banned dispensaries from the city so now there’s like half a dozen ringing the city limits, the one I use to go to was half a block down from the city limit sign

It's the same with all the beach cities in the south bay, no stores in Hermosa, Manhattan, Redondo, or Torrance but the two blocks in between Western and the 110 on the border of Torrance and Carson has about a dozen of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

FCKGW posted:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-chip-reauthorization-20171130-story.html

They legally have to keep it going until 2019 but without funds it will be a shell of it's former self.

The wife is self employed and I don't get benefits (well, healthcare is offered, but not contributed to, so I can't get subsidies), needless to say we were paying 1000 dollars a month for healthcare for 4 of us. That was unsustainable and we moved the kids to CHIP a couple years ago.
I guess it's back to 1000 dollars a month, actually probably going to be higher now that the mandate has be killed. Cool.
We had the kids on a platinum plan because the are pre mature twins, so they get sick often. I guess we may have to drop them to a silver or bronze if they get kicked off.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Duckbox posted:

You're not really supposed to drink tinctures. They're for external application.

Wrong. You normally place a few drops under your tongue.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Duckbox posted:

You're not really supposed to drink tinctures. They're for external application.

Have you ever seen a tincture (of anything)?

They are generally ingested, but may have topical applications.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

FRINGE posted:

Have you ever seen a tincture (of anything)?
Maybe Iodine tincture?

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

I mean you can drink tincture (and I have) but I wouldn't recommend it. Besides the taste, the dosing is a nightmare and it's not a particularly fun high. The dispensary I (briefly) worked for marketed them as a topical anesthetic.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Duckbox posted:

I mean you can drink tincture (and I have) but I wouldn't recommend it. Besides the taste, the dosing is a nightmare and it's not a particularly fun high. The dispensary I (briefly) worked for marketed them as a topical anesthetic.

I use it to help with my father's cancer, dosing isn't too much of an issue, you can't OD with CBD. It's also not about getting a "fun high". It helps with the pain and let's him eat.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

I use it to help with my father's cancer, dosing isn't too much of an issue, you can't OD with CBD. It's also not about getting a "fun high". It helps with the pain and let's him eat.

Yeah, I could see them being good for that. CBD is a really good pain medicine and not really the same as "getting high" at all. Too much CBD mostly just makes people really groggy/sleepy which seems like a pretty fair trade off for not being in constant pain and a hell of a lot safer than opioids.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I enjoyed the tinctures I had. It's true it's not the same as getting high but it basically just chilled me out and raised my mood and made me smile/laugh a lot. Nice and relaxing and taking lil drops was novel

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Duckbox posted:

Weird. It would be easier to make an oil or ointment than a food grade tincture if that was the main use.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Tinctures are not really intended to be recreational. I take a tincture for medicinal purposes but when I wanna get high I smoke.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Tinctures are not really intended to be recreational. I take a tincture for medicinal purposes but when I wanna get high I smoke.

I'm honestly surprised that this wasn't seized on to make only tinctures legal or something

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I'm honestly surprised that this wasn't seized on to make only tinctures legal or something

Nah, they sell "get you high" tinctures, too. https://herbabuena.com/product/rock-roll-creative-cannabis-elixir/

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

In the spirit of xmas togetherness, I'm just gonna confess that despite being a mediweed "activist" for two years (aka a kid with a clip board) maybe am not the expert I presented myself as. Sorry for trying to play the know it all. Y'all are right about tinctures.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Driving back home from work this week has been amazing. I can't telecommute, its not possible with my line of work, but I was thinking about how many commuters can actually do that. Why isn't this poo poo being pushed? Would a tax incentive be a bad idea?

Anyway, some California content today that was shared from a conservative facebook friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYREe5MsZEw

Simplistic feel good as gently caress.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Aeka 2.0 posted:

This is how I'm going to fix California:
1.)Fix everything.

Can I get a "Make Yosemite Blue, Elect Travis Allen!" bumper sticker?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

lmao I should have known when he started talking about traffic he was gonna suggest that poo poo. Caught me off guard though and I started laughing.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Guys, it's simple, you cut taxes and simultaneously make huge investments in prisons, schools, freeways, and dams.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

To be fair, I think he just mentioned firing more teachers, not actually investing more in school.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

CopperHound posted:

To be fair, I think he just mentioned firing more teachers, not actually investing more in school.

Yeah, no doubt he wants vouchers, one of the reasons he states for cutting taxes is "so families can have more money to send their kids to school."

revolther
May 27, 2008
Governor Baywatch looks like he spent a considerable part of his 30s and 40s lying to women about working in law enforcement. He definitely owns a stake in a vineyard, or at least tells people that about the box of Coppola wine that lives on his dining room floor.
God what a lovely Southern-California stereotype, meh traffic, meh paying taxes, he looks like Gray Davis on HGH.

quote:

Travis owned a small business helping people as a financial planner. He holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from Cal State Long Beach, and has also studied at Cal State Los Angeles. Travis is a long time resident of Huntington Beach, where he has lived and surfed for almost 20 years.
It should end like Fast Times and talk about how he'll spend the tax windfall money hiring Van Halen for a party.:barf:

revolther fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 29, 2017

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Here’s a list of all the laws going into effect across California on Monday

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-pol-ca-new-2018-laws/

Can’t deny kids school lunches if they have past due bills :unsmith:

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Sounds like some good laws.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Driving back home from work this week has been amazing. I can't telecommute, its not possible with my line of work, but I was thinking about how many commuters can actually do that. Why isn't this poo poo being pushed? Would a tax incentive be a bad idea?

Anyway, some California content today that was shared from a conservative facebook friend

"Californians spend too much of their lives in cars, so let's expand freeways"

Choke and die on smog motherfucker

Fill Baptismal fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 30, 2017

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Theres a lot of good stuff in there, but these are a pretty big deal for healthcare:

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-pol-ca-new-2017-laws/#government

quote:

Patients who go to their insurance’s in-network hospital, lab or other health facility will not face surprise, larger charges if the doctor or health worker

quote:

Terminally ill Californians will have the “right to try” experimental drugs that do not yet have full federal approval for clinical trials.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Been seeing a big billboard on the 80 east on the way to the bay bridge for some dispensary saying open to the public on 1/1. So somewhere they have their poo poo worked out. Part of me kinda wants to find the place and park across the street and just watch to see what happens.

E: I just realized that I never looked at the name or anything and have no idea where the place is. I guess I'll just watch the news to see what happens.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 30, 2017

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

FCKGW posted:

Here’s a list of all the laws going into effect across California on Monday

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-pol-ca-new-2018-laws/

Can’t deny kids school lunches if they have past due bills :unsmith:

Almost all of those are undeniably good things. Why does CA have to be so much better than everywhere else in the US

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Aves Maria! posted:

Almost all of those are undeniably good things. Why does CA have to be so much better than everywhere else in the US

When the country is a sewer, a dirty toilet is a step up.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
if only the toilet wasn't on fire constantly

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Let me tell you how to fix California with the exact same Republican policies that you've heard a million times.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Aves Maria! posted:

if only the toilet wasn't on fire constantly

And didn't cost $1m to sit on.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Sydin posted:

A couple of the items on that list were specifically targeted at low-income housing, which I thought was cool. CA should definitely look into doing more on the rent control and housing front, though. If they did, it'd be a no-brainer to live there.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sydin posted:

Move inland my friend. Dehumanize yourself and face to commuting.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Man, these "No Burn" days only hurt the poor and do nothing for the environment. Me freezing all day isn't going to save the air from all the pollutants being spewed out from the factories nearby.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Man, these "No Burn" days only hurt the poor and do nothing for the environment. Me freezing all day isn't going to save the air from all the pollutants being spewed out from the factories nearby.

Same as bumping up water prices.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yep, one of them regressive policies.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I believe homes which are primarily heated through woodburning are excluded from no burn restrictions.

edit: Here are the exemptions.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

themrguy posted:

"Californians spend too much of their lives in cars, so let's expand freeways"

Choke and die on smog motherfucker

What's one more lane on the 405 going to cost, really?

Also all the :qq: by weed smokers they're getting taxed after Jan 1st is some extremely good poo poo.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

How is it taxed if you buy it from a dealer?

Everyone I know who smokes just gets it from a weed man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
this is modern-day california, in a nutshell
https://nypost.com/2017/12/31/broke-guy-who-sold-family-blanket-for-1-5m-has-new-troubles/