Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

hiddenmovement posted:

Have you considered that God may not exist, but the Devil does?

Wouldn't it be funny if the greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world that God exists?

Spergin Morlock fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
The high winds and complete lack of humidity that was acting as a giant set of fire bellows on the state finally let up.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I do wonder what the long term effects of those fires will be on people. Kind of anecdotal but I've been working for a familiar orange moving company on the national level for about five years now. When people are evacuating an area due to natural disasters and stuff I get a front row seat to how long it takes for people to both get the gently caress out of dodge, AND how long it takes for them to start going home.

What's weird about the fires, if you compare them to other natural disasters like large floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc, is that about a week or two after the storms people head back into the area and start picking up the pieces. It didn't take long (less than a week) to start seeing large aid convoys sending trucks down to Houston, for example.

We cannot keep equipment in California. At all. They've cut prices to complete unprofitability in a desperate attempt to get vehicles back into Cali and it's not working. And it's been an issue for MONTHS. It's really, really strange. I've never seen anything like it.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Charliegrs posted:

I think we've reached peak America. Like every dumb stereotype of this country has finally coalesced into the human form of President Trump. Mike Judge probably didn't think the US would be following the script of Idiocracy as closely as we are. I mean yeah everyone has always said that movie is really a documentary, but documentaries don't literally tell you the future. That movie might as well be I don't know, loving CLAIRVOYANCE or something.

This country is now a parody of itself.
President Camacho cared about the well-being of all the citizens, admitted when he was wrong, and listened to the advice of experts.

We are living in a reality that is worse than Idiocracy.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

This coming from the President's mouth makes me lose all hope. The world is getting hosed and this is the man we put into office at such a critical moment.

loving hell

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ah, handy.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Internet Kraken posted:

This coming from the President's mouth makes me lose all hope. The world is getting hosed and this is the man we put into office at such a critical moment.

loving hell

with any luck, he and his entire cabinet will have simultaneous heart attacks after their 3rd mcdonalds trip of the day

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

62 in LA :whatup:

Otherwise that coldfront is loving insane it reaches so far

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

loving.....

Ok now it's a bit better.

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
Don’t Buy! Don’t buy!

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I do wonder when aggregates will just freeze out Rasmussen, given that its methodology and results are utterly hosed

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Aves Maria! posted:

with any luck, he and his entire cabinet will have simultaneous heart attacks after their 3rd mcdonalds trip of the day

May everyone get a death as pleasant as they themselves are.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The moment the nukes will fly is the day that someone doesn't talk Trump out of holding a mandatory popularity vote and he doesn't even get 30% live on television.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Guest2553 posted:

:toot:

Amen.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Guest2553 posted:

those would be some pretty long and brutal deaths for a whole lotta people

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm not going to like hearing about this bullshit if snow exist how can science be real poo poo in the next few days.

LOL.

Kale
May 14, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

absolutely loving amazing, this man is the president of the united states.

Things aren't going to yell at themselves

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

PhazonLink posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm not going to like hearing about this bullshit if snow exist how can science be real poo poo in the next few days.

LOL.

its amazing we ever thought that a government where a man could bring a snowball into a "respected" legislative body and claim that this meant scientists were actually real dumb without being laughed off the stage and then immediately removed was good in any way

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

The train of "You are such a loving idiot!" reply gifs in response to that is awesome. :)

Then again, that could just be the standard response to his tweets now, I generally don't bother looking at the replies.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
You know, I'm always amazed that all the people talk up Trump as a good buisnessman, never ask him to give people good jobs working under him. I assume that's gonna be one of his "benevolent" moves when he really fucks over the economy and unemployment shoots to 50%, but they never seem to ask that they should get rewarded for their loyalty.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
there should be some kind of rule that if every tweet you ever write gets ratio'd, you are banned forever from twitter

also maybe life

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

this cant be real life

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Crabtree posted:

You know, I'm always amazed that all the people talk up Trump as a good buisnessman, never ask him to give people good jobs working under him. I assume that's gonna be one of his "benevolent" moves when he really fucks over the economy and unemployment shoots to 50%, but they never seem to ask that they should get rewarded for their loyalty.

What

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Crabtree posted:

because they know deep down that he isnt a good business man. he is a racist slumlord who knew how to make himself look big and had mob ties. but everyone forgets that.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

I can't stop laughing at this now, I'm tearing up. I think this finally shredded the tiny little bit of sanity I had left after this year.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Honestly I'm glad that Twitter refuses to ban Trump. His tweets do nothing but exhibit just how monumentally stupid he is on a regular basis.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Aves Maria! posted:

there should be some kind of rule that if every tweet you ever write gets ratio'd, you are banned forever from twitter

also maybe life

There are Nazi and TERF brigaders on Twitter too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://apnews.com/daf97af61a044eecb9c5f2a7b283ed00

did this get posted yet?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

I can see them planning in a sense to basically offer a bunch of servant "jobs" to people if the economy really shits the bed on his watch and for RWM to proclaim that agent orange is saving America for putting some poor white rednecks on dish duty while everything else burns to the ground. He wouldn't do that so long as there are Mexicans he can import and not pay, but if worker rights erode JUST rightward enough, he may not need to do that anymore.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

destroy the planet to own the libs

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

RandomBlue posted:

I can't stop laughing at this now, I'm tearing up. I think this finally shredded the tiny little bit of sanity I had left after this year.

He isn't happy that there has been no big news in the past 3 days

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

this cant be real life
The man make a tweet.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Google Butt posted:

destroy the planet to own the survivors

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Showed this to my dad. I didnt know so many curse words could be strung together to describe a single person, but he did it.

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

DRRRAAINAGE!!!
ooo i found one!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
It'd be cool if every world leader took this opportunity to dunk on Trump. Not only would it make him really mad, it'd probably earn them good will among their countrymen just in time for new years

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Jacob Wohl is the guy who fawns over every single Trump tweet because he's literally hoping for a federal pardon for his crimes right? Or was that another guy?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

mistaya posted:

I do wonder what the long term effects of those fires will be on people. Kind of anecdotal but I've been working for a familiar orange moving company on the national level for about five years now. When people are evacuating an area due to natural disasters and stuff I get a front row seat to how long it takes for people to both get the gently caress out of dodge, AND how long it takes for them to start going home.

What's weird about the fires, if you compare them to other natural disasters like large floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc, is that about a week or two after the storms people head back into the area and start picking up the pieces. It didn't take long (less than a week) to start seeing large aid convoys sending trucks down to Houston, for example.

We cannot keep equipment in California. At all. They've cut prices to complete unprofitability in a desperate attempt to get vehicles back into Cali and it's not working. And it's been an issue for MONTHS. It's really, really strange. I've never seen anything like it.

This interests me but can you help me out? What do you mean by "equipment" and "vehicles" here, you mean semi tractor trailers or..? I feel dumb for asking but...

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Is there any evidence at all that Trump ever reads the comments to his tweets? I think he just looks at the number of likes and retweets and gets a chub. He doesn’t have the capacity or insight to read any replies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

It'd be cool if every world leader took this opportunity to dunk on Trump. Not only would it make him really mad, it'd probably earn them good will among their countrymen just in time for new years

I thought that was what should have happened with the Israeli embassy business. But I bet that is Mike Pence's pet project and this is why he never went full thermonuclear dumbass about it, because it wasn't his idea.

• Locked thread