Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Now we just need to make this a gangtag, too:

(I think someone here did a better version without the Colts being hosed up but I cant find it)

This was the better version :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Amen! Ten wins and AFC South crown for the first time ever.

I mean, the Jags haven't won in the Pacific Time Zone since 2005; I'll take those losses at this point, because there's no scenario where they go that far west this year.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
titans are gonna beat the jags three times

I wish I believed this

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just saw that DeMarco Murray is hurt and will likely miss the game against the Jaguars. Which means Derrick Henry, who is better, will get all the carries on Sunday and will likely thrash the Jaguars.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

I just saw that DeMarco Murray is hurt and will likely miss the game against the Jaguars. Which means Derrick Henry, who is better, will get all the carries on Sunday and will likely thrash the Jaguars.

Insh'allah.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Titans back on track for that super bowl win.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tangy yet delightful posted:

:randno:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
A guy working at Lowes said the Jags were playing like a bunch of high schoolers and had fans to match, and in the same breath mentioned he was a Bills fan. I told him to get back to me over in Lawn Furnature so he could say that while diving through a picnic table.

A hearty laugh was had by all. We parted as friends.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Titans vs Rams with the Titans coming up a yard short again would be my jam

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
MURRAY YOU SON OF A BITCH LET THE BETTER BACK GET THE CARRIES https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/945794091220160512

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Metapod posted:

MURRAY YOU SON OF A BITCH LET THE BETTER BACK GET THE CARRIES https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/945794091220160512

How loving stupid of a coaching staff do you have to be to allow this to happen?

lol mularkey

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

How loving stupid of a coaching staff do you have to be to allow this to happen?

lol mularkey

The team's been hiding that Mariota hasn't been 100% all year and just disguising it with, "He's tough," and acting like that's about his mentality after interceptions. He's hosed and the offense play-calling is poo poo.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Metapod posted:

:bisonyes:

Also, crossposting from N/V:
Its looking like the Jaguars will WRs next week will be:
Keelan Cole: UDFA
Dede Westbrook: 4th round rookie, missed 9 games due to injury
Jaydon Mickens: UDFA "First Year Veteran" (was on the Raiders Practice Squad all of last year); was signed to the Jaguar's active roster in October.

Both Allen Hurns and Marquise Lee are nursing ankle injuries and are not looking good.

The following list are on IR:
Allen Robinson
Rashad Greene
Bryan Walters
Jaelan Strong
Arrelious Benn

and two other guys have been cut with injury settlements, and I am probably forgetting someone. Like Mychal Rivera, who is a TE that is on IR.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Jaydon Mickens is my new favorite boi. Wish my Allens were playing though, that would be AMAZING. God, if we had half the WRS we had left in our loosing season last year, we'd be a freight train in the playoffs.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Suspect Bucket posted:

Jaydon Mickens is my new favorite boi. Wish my Allens were playing though, that would be AMAZING. God, if we had half the WRS we had left in our loosing season last year, we'd be a freight train in the playoffs.
Seriously. If AR15 was out there catching bombs and Hurns was doing his remarkably consistent thing he does I cant imagine how the past month would have gone. Its part of why I am scared that I am starting to believe in Bort. One of his ints against SF was Cole stopping on his route and getting alligator arms and thus tipping the pass to the defense (I think he got hit hard on the play anyway, so I kinda dont blame him - maybe Bort could have placed the ball better or not thrown the pass) and the second int was an incredibly athletic play by a DB who wasnt even covering the route, so to me it wasnt a typical Bort meltdown. And his stats werent garbagetime, either; they were playing catch up and were succeeding at it, except then there was the third int and the penalties.

edit: yeah, just re-watched it, the pick six could have been a penalty on SF for helmet-to-helmet on a defenseless reciever - Blake should not have thrown the ball because Keelan was in position to get wrecked the second the ball got there.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 27, 2017

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Much like America, this is the only way the AFC South could end... with a cripple fight.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
IM FIGHTING SOMEONE WHEN BROKEN KNEE MURRAY GETS CARRIES OVER HENRY

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Probably Magic posted:

Much like America, this is the only way the AFC South could end... with a cripple fight.

Mind you, the last good cripple fight we had was Rollin Roosevelt vs One Balled One Horned Tiny Hitler People Killer.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suspect Bucket posted:

Mind you, the last good cripple fight we had was Rollin Roosevelt vs One Balled One Horned Tiny Hitler People Killer.

lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ESPN posted:

The Jaguars have called up one Montay Crockett from the practice squad to play WR. Hurns and Lee are likely to sit on Sunday despite the Jaguars plan to play to win.
I hope the Titans are ready to get Crockett'd!

Suspect Bucket posted:

:monocle:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Metapod posted:

IM FIGHTING SOMEONE WHEN BROKEN KNEE MURRAY GETS CARRIES OVER HENRY

same

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I'm saving my brawlin' for when the Titans miss the playoffs and then no one, not even the offensive coordinator, gets fired.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Probably Magic posted:

when the Titans miss the playoffs and then no one, not even the offensive coordinator, gets fired.

Stop... I can only get so erect.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

I'm saving my brawlin' for when the Titans miss the playoffs and then no one, not even the offensive coordinator, gets fired.

:suicide:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Probably Magic posted:

the is only one god and probably magic is his prophet

:smith:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/full-4g-jalen-ramsey-coverage-also-news/

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Oh hey, I'm in this one

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't tell if beardo is me without a hat or not. :ohdear:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
That Jalen Ramsey plan is really amazing. I found this updated coverage map, and wow, it sure is mostly comprehensive.

*runs away*

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Gonna be awesome beating the jags three times this year

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol if you expect the Titans to come through with a win on Sunday

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
in my dreams Derrick Henry carries the titans to the super bowl with his fresh, well rested legs

in reality the titans are going to send Dennis Kelly out wide on a critical 3rd & long and when that fails they'll run a screen to the corpse of DeMarco Murray on 4th down

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Despite having the playoffs on the line, the Titans will come out flat and uninspired and quickly be down at least two scores by halftime. The crowd will get restless and probably boo as the players head into the locker room. Mariota will come back out and try to force some throws and will have a few costly turnovers. The Titans will rally in the 4th but fall short and lose. Mularkey will make a face and shrug his shoulders and tell the media that the team tried their best. No coaching changes will be made in the offseason and the Titans again go 8-8 to continue the mediocre trend for this entire franchise.

titansfootball.txt

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I hope they continue to no huddle thus allowing Mariota to call the offense

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

I hope they continue to no huddle thus allowing Mariota to call the offense

His first pass out of the no huddle last Sunday was a pick to a backup linebacker.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Despite having the playoffs on the line, the Titans will come out flat and uninspired and quickly be down at least two scores by halftime. The crowd will get restless and probably boo as the players head into the locker room. Mariota will come back out and try to force some throws and will have a few costly turnovers. The Titans will rally in the 4th but fall short and lose. Mularkey will make a face and shrug his shoulders and tell the media that the team tried their best. No coaching changes will be made in the offseason and the Titans again go 8-8 to continue the mediocre trend for this entire franchise.

titansfootball.txt

Alternative storyline:

Through some clutch defensive turnovers and both a catch and a run breaking for long yards the Titans enter the back half of the third quarter up by 6 points. We then proceed to call our entire playbook of trick run plays followed by 3rd & Delanie Walker and a punt on 4th. During one of the 5 or 6 remaining Jags possessions the defense lets one pass through the coverage for a game winning TD.

Maybe we wrap it up with a failed 2 minute drill also.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
but actually the Jaguars are gonna win because the Jags and Titans are destined to split their series for all eternity

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I feel like the monkey's paw is running out of fingers at this point.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Titans will get two bullshit wins in a row, leading to a great Jags season ending in an anticlimatic wet fart, and we'll get Steelers/Patriots for the AFCCG again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

Titans will get two bullshit wins in a row, leading to a great Jags season ending in an anticlimatic wet fart, and we'll get Steelers/Patriots for the AFCCG again.
:frogout:

• Locked thread