Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

D_Smart posted:

Well, now that you've mentioned it, they're going to have two $1M spikes by 12/31.
code:
DAILY FUNDING
2014-12-29	 $63,618
2014-12-30	 $62,006
2014-12-31	 $67,588
----------
2015-12-29	$277,815
2015-12-30	$149,507
2015-12-31	$138,431
----------
2016-12-29	$93,746
2016-12-30	$91,448
2016-12-31	$83,489
----------
2017-12-27	$149,847	
2017-12-28	$141,118
2017-12-29	???		
2017-12-30	???	
2017-12-31	???	
Covering the $1.5 mil shortfall in the last 3 days would be a big aberration. :suspense:

Preen Dog fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

thatguy posted:

Calling you bringing it up again in the beginning of the new year.

Only if I'm right but even if I'm not right I'm just going to call you high then tell you read it again.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

cynic posted:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if by not disclosing their contract with crytek in any negotiations with amazon, they also breached their contract with amazon/lumberyard in a couple of minor ways (you're not able to fulfil clause X because you already have a prior contract with Y that contains conflicting clause Z).

I don't think there is a contract with Amazon at all. They've just grabbed the source download and agreed to a ToS. Then extracted the logo for the launcher plus website, and postponed the code integration for later.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Solarin posted:

that guy is definitely trolling though he is right that goons said 3.0 was gonna be great

Yeah he is, but trolling or not, he also is pushing hard on the "both sides are just as bad from my totally unbiased perspective" fake objectivity bullshit.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
SupSuper and myself did a stream when 3.0 got pushed to the live severs. If you want more people going in with low expectations and still getting surprised by how broken it is, here ya go.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/213613087

Sup and I had no idea what to expect, besides planets.

To contrast, here's our stream from a 2.0 free fly event exactly 1 year prior, which was the last time we touched it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/85376843

Calipark fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jan 1, 2018

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

Mum: So, what are you going to buy with your Christmas money, son?
Dad: Maybe a deposit on an apartment? Membership to a dating site?
Son: DUH! You NEVER listen to me! I've already spent the money on Star Citizen! And if you'd given me money instead of that useless car, I'd have a completionist package!
Mum weeps as they leave the basement
Dad: Told you we should have got him a prostitute.

:lol:

But they’re already good paying Johns to Chris Roberts. They can only get the worst kind of herpes.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Scruffpuff posted:

"Chris Roberts = Failed Project”

:same:

Pretty much sums my feelings as well.

Which is why i don’t think it matters which engine CR chose. They’d all be the wrong engine because he’s the problem.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Did you create a bot that scan the internet at night, able to reach the remotest places, and send you an alert when a new occurence of your name is being invoked ?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

G0RF posted:

Oh dear, Charlie Hall is taking a break from telling readers about how Star Citizen is leap-frogging Elite and actually describing his player experience with 3.0. It actually makes for good reading in places, though the deferential interjections seem tonally incongruent.

POLYGON: Star Citizen’s bugs will get you killed

You know, when you stop and think about it, if the core mechanic in your $175 million Space Sim is a frustratingly-designed funkiller after five years, maybe - just maybe - Star Citizen is bad?

Imagine that gnawing feeling in your stomach if you’re a game journalist whose been hyping a dumpster fire for years... Your commitment to the defense was such that you planned even to dox the evil goon in the wheelchair who dared fight for and win a refund...

...but then a couple years later it slowly dawns on you that maybe the biggest publicly funding gaming project in history is actually bad by design, hopelessly behind, beset by potentially existentially fatal lawsuits, and maybe even on target to be THE BIG ONE, the disaster that makes everything from E.T. to Daikatana to Duke Nukem Forever all look like amateur hour botches... so maybe refunds actually were morally justified. Maybe the critics you saw as bad guys actually had a point all along, and you had the power and the platform to have said the same. You could’ve served the public interest in the process but you just couldn’t see what it was even though that was technically your job and it was standing right in front of you like some idiot colossus, staring you in the face.

There’s no shame in reassessing one’s possession when you find yourself on the wrong side of the good. You can still think Derek is a big obnoxious blowhard, and that some of the trolls are too vicious, and that the failures of the project were scope, skill, design and project management ones instead of systematic scamming of the most pathological kind. There’s lots of room for nuance on the right side against a wrong — you just have to get there before you can find it.

I always figured in some way, Derek’s involvement has actually had a great help to the money collection for SC. Not only is he the boogeyman, but he’s also the well known guy who everybody loves to hate. And it’s usually well deserved.

Honestly Derek should be getting paid by CIG for being their biggest marketing tool.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Zzr posted:

Did you create a bot that scan the internet at night, able to reach the remotest places, and send you an alert when a new occurence of your name is being invoked ?

You can get google to do that for you.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

JonTerp posted:

SupSuper and myself did a stream when 3.0 got pushed to the live severs. If you want more people going in with low expectations and still getting surprised by how poo poo it is, here ya go.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/213613087

Sup and I had no idea what to expect, besides planets.

To contrast, here's our stream from a 2.0 free fly event exactly 1 year prior, which was the last time we touched it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/85376843

Just a suggestion, you may want to provide your videos in lower resolutions. My internet connection is pretty crappy and really struggles with 720 video.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

big nipples big life posted:

we were already alerted to this since the most up their own rear end man in the entire universe told about his google alerts

Those google alerts have been how he can respond to any incantation of his name three times in any forum. He’s just pulled back the curtain and revealed how his bat signal works. :)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah it was obvious he had an alert of his own name but confirmation was good for a :lol:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Yeah it was obvious he had an alert of his own name but confirmation was good for a :lol:

Dude flat out brags about bring a massive narcissist.

Is this the ELE yet

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Nicholas posted:

what if the judge is a backer?

What if he's a filthy refundian ?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

Well, now that you've mentioned it, they're going to have two $1M spikes by 12/31. I am still laughing about the two from the first week of the month. They're not even hiding it anymore.

How did you know what I was buying myself for New Years after Christmas? I figure $2M should be enough to appease me of my transgressions against CIG.

(Also quoting this because I want to remember when it happens)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sabreseven posted:

Amazon, representing their 'Lumberyard' games and development engine, an entity that has not been summoned to appear before the glorious spacecourts and has no business in attending this hearing.

They'll just turn up and wreck Crytek,

Wont they? That's how law and all things legal upholding courts work right? You can just go in and defend anyone, without an invitation or request, the court bailiffs and security will just let you waltz right on in.

:allears:

It’ll be almost over for CIG, and just as the gavel is falling, in bursts Amazon with an :objection:

And Star Citizen is saved!!!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

To clarify something I'm not entirely certain of. Is Smart supposedly in the middle of making a game? Or something? Like a project for which he has taken money from people on the basis of some kind of good faith agreement to return a product that represents some kind of advertised vision?

I know there's something out there called Line of Defense and maybe some other project but the line between joke and reality has completely blurred for me.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

To clarify something I'm not entirely certain of. Is Smart supposedly in the middle of making a game? Or something? Like a project for which he has taken money from people on the basis of some kind of good faith agreement to return a product that represents some kind of advertised vision?

I know there's something out there called Line of Defense and maybe some other project but the line between joke and reality has completely blurred for me.

You just don't understand game development.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

he sold early access packs for 99 bucks and the game was supposed to be out in like 2012. it only adds to comedy of this whole thing.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
:rip:

derek smart is literally chris roberts

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

he sold early access packs for 99 bucks and the game was supposed to be out in like 2012. it only adds to comedy of this whole thing.

lol holy poo poo

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

which company do you think is more of a pain in the rear end to get a refund from?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

One company gives me a refund and I guess the other one blocks me on a comedy forum.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

The Titanic posted:

I always figured in some way, Derek’s involvement has actually had a great help to the money collection for SC. Not only is he the boogeyman, but he’s also the well known guy who everybody loves to hate. And it’s usually well deserved.

Honestly Derek should be getting paid by CIG for being their biggest marketing tool.

He has help galvanized the faithful for sure but he also helped those see the light and bring about refunds. He has brought a significant amount of attention to the poo poo state
and the reminder to get refunds. So the question is - is it a net equal or is there more spite pledges going in then going out?

But as to PR and any PR being good PR he has brought about priceless amounts of it.

I still want to see that amd letter though.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
There's a working theory that some scaling tweaks (i.e. re-size objects so 1 km "felt" like 100 km, etc.) could be responsible for some of the positioning/clipping bugs yea?

Would that also cause issues with surface environment design? You draw a fidelitous mountain range based on the Himalayas, but then the botched scaling means it covers 1/8 of the planet's surface and inspires 1,500 km/h collisions?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

:same:

Pretty much sums my feelings as well.

Which is why i don’t think it matters which engine CR chose. They’d all be the wrong engine because he’s the problem.

I think the engine he most wanted to use was 35mm film.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I still don't loving know why the HUD graphics bounce up and down as you run instead of the actual screen itself. It is the most insane decision in a game made up of utterly terrible decisions.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I still don't loving know why the HUD graphics bounce up and down as you run instead of the actual screen itself. It is the most insane decision in a game made up of utterly terrible decisions.

Maybe Chris Roberts has contact lenses that are to big for him and when he walks or runs they bounce about?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Terrible decisions are a part of Chris Roberts history...

WHICH YOU CAN LEARN ABOUT IN THIS VIDEO WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al8G8nHFQJo

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

He kept buying motorcycles that the forums would tell him were way too powerful for a novice motorcyclist and to buy something smaller until he finally blew his arm off in a collision and got some sweet insurance money that he used to buy a manual transmission.

I'm so very glad the worst thing I've done is spent money on JPEGs (and watch too much anime). Also, hi everyone.

Things have been good. The startup I joined was successful and sold off, and weight loss is still going well. I still haven't played SC since 2.0.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Thanks. If I had to see people crying about Derek for another three pages I might not make it to January.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

thatguy posted:

Thanks. If I had to see people crying about Derek for another three pages I might not make it to January.

friend are u ok

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Bootcha posted:

Terrible decisions are a part of Chris Roberts history...

WHICH YOU CAN LEARN ABOUT IN THIS VIDEO WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al8G8nHFQJo

Wow I picked a great time to F5.

Keep it up. Awe-inspiring.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zzr posted:

Dude, does that by hand. Bots? Pffft

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Loiosh posted:

I'm so very glad the worst thing I've done is spent money on JPEGs (and watch too much anime). Also, hi everyone.

Things have been good. The startup I joined was successful and sold off, and weight loss is still going well. I still haven't played SC since 2.0.

you can still get a refund, probably

3.0 is a mess and things ain't gonna get better

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

It's not a decision, it's a symptom of the way the decided to have a super fidelitious first person camera plus super fidelitious physicallized hud.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

TheAgent posted:

you can still get a refund, probably

3.0 is a mess and things ain't gonna get better

\o/ I can use it to buy more clothing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

PederP posted:

I don't think there is a contract with Amazon at all. They've just grabbed the source download and agreed to a ToS. Then extracted the logo for the launcher plus website, and postponed the code integration for later.

Bu...but they said they entered into a partnership with amazon!

On a related note, I've entered into a partnership with Subway on a footlong meatball sub. There will be an exchange of resources (cash for sandwich ).