Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Leon Einstein posted:

While it is for the most part socially acceptable, getting drunk as gently caress and passing out on a chair in front of your dad and his friend is a little irresponsible. Obviously that doesn't make it OK for her dad to do what he did, but she wasn't a teenager drinking her first beer.
It's a little irresponsible but I don't think it makes her a total fuckup. If my house burned down I'd get sloppy drunk as soon as I found a place to stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Lol fartbox projecting hard like a fart that brings a little extra along for the ride by which I mean poop

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Leon Einstein posted:

While it is for the most part socially acceptable, getting drunk as gently caress and passing out on a chair in front of your dad and his friend is a little irresponsible. Obviously that doesn't make it OK for her dad to do what he did, but she wasn't a teenager drinking her first beer.

why is it irresponsible? should she only pass out in her bedroom lest her dad and his friend re-enact one of your animes?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Fartbox posted:

nice meltdown

The "nice meltdown" has been invoked!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Lol looks like the not passed out gal story pushed some buttons for a few of you. Y'all are getting pretty angry over some words on the internet.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My girlfriend [25F] of two years doesn't want me [26M] going on a solo vacation with my aunt [39F] because it's inappropriate. I feel like she's being really unreasonable.

quote:

Growing up there were a lot of issues with my parents and custody. My uncle [40M] ended up taking me in for periods of time starting when I was about 9. When I was 13 he and his (at the time, now wife) girlfriend officially became my guardians.

I was not a good child, as an adult I realize this. Obviously my upbringing was pretty rough but I did not handle it well and was definitely more than a hand full for my aunt and uncle to handle, especially being so young and me being right on the cusp of one's terrible teenage years.

That being said, I'm in a really good place in my life now and I 100% owe it all to them. They are two amazing people and as I've gotten older I've realized just how much they sacrificed to give me a stable home life.

A while back I decided I wanted to do something to thank them. I decided to thank them individually because honestly I feel that both of them sacrificed in ways that deserve to be recognized separately. My uncle loves to fish, so I ended up buying him a really nice ocean kayak and we went camping/fishing for a week in a location he's always dreamed of going. It was a great experience. I've been racking my brain trying to think of what I can do with my aunt and finally decided on her and I traveling to the country her family is from. I've planned out the entire itinerary with events that are special to the two of us. I'm really excited about this - I think it's the perfect way to tell her thank you and I'm really excited to share the plans with her on her birthday in late January.

I shared my idea with my girlfriend and she was immediately not okay with it. She said it's not okay for me to go on a week long trip with a woman I'm not blood related to (but she loving raised me...) and I should just buy her something nice like I did with my uncle. I brought up that my uncle and I also went on a trip and she said it's different because I knew him my whole life and he's a blood relative. She said it's ultimately my choice, but she's not going to be okay with me going on the trip and "doesn't know what will happen" if I do.

I'm completely baffled. She's never acted this irrationally and it's a very ugly side of my girlfriend I've never seen before. I don't think just getting my aunt a nice gift is a big enough gesture and it's not what I want to do. I love my girlfriend but this is really important to me. What do I do?

tl;dr: I want to thank my aunt for raising me by taking her on a week long trip to her family's country. My girlfriend says this is inappropriate and alluded to me going being the end of our relationship. What do I do?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah as an autistic dude it hurts loving hard when you get a peek behind the curtain and realize what monstrous garbage people will say about you when they think they have privacy. Parents tend to hurt really bad.

It took me a good number of years and some hard work on myself, but eventually you get good at faking it and using family for their resources and manipulating their condescension/pity. You really can't fight this kind of poo poo head-on unless you're truly prepared to burn bridges and salt the earth. I ended up doing that with more than a few family members.

You never really trust again after that. That's the real problem. When your foundations get cracked that badly the only reason you let anyone else in is with the foreknowledge that they will turn out to be monsters too. The same way you are.

This is why you call them out on this poo poo, and when they try to downplay or deny it you stay consistent.

A lot of times people aren't assertive enough to stand up for themselves, and let people walk all over them while they seethe in silence. This is a perfect example of 'why are you telling this to Reddit and not the person you have issues with?'

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Fartbox posted:

nice meltdown

Oh no! I have been undone! *turns in to a pile of ash*

I note you can’t actually make a comeback, so I’ll take that as a victory, smoothbrain.

Leon Einstein posted:

You're taking this poo poo a little personally.

I’m sick of people shitposting in a half-assed manner. Masken puts effort in to their shitposts. Pick’s too entrenched to stop any more. And I have the next 5 days off work, so taking a couple minutes out to point out the latest moron’s asinine idiocy gives me a break from all the relaxing I’m otherwise doing.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

La Brea Carpet posted:

My girlfriend [25F] of two years doesn't want me [26M] going on a solo vacation with my aunt [39F] because it's inappropriate. I feel like she's being really unreasonable.

tl;dr: I want to thank my aunt for raising me by taking her on a week long trip to her family's country. My girlfriend says this is inappropriate and alluded to me going being the end of our relationship. What do I do?

Not much to say on this one, is there? He's gonna totally gently caress his auntie.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Oh no! I have been undone! *turns in to a pile of ash*

I note you can’t actually make a comeback, so I’ll take that as a victory, smoothbrain.

I’m sick of people shitposting in a half-assed manner. Masken puts effort in to their shitposts. Pick’s too entrenched to stop any more. And I have the next 5 days off work, so taking a couple minutes out to point out the latest moron’s asinine idiocy gives me a break from all the relaxing I’m otherwise doing.

You write like a god drat lunatic and I have nothing TO argue I already said my two cents, the rest is just speculation you weirdo

Anyone who claims "victory" in a shitpost is a nutter

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

therobit posted:

Lol looks like the not passed out gal story pushed some buttons for a few of you. Y'all are getting pretty angry over some words on the internet.

That’s my secret, therobit: I’m always retarded.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

maskenfreiheit posted:

why is it irresponsible? should she only pass out in her bedroom lest her dad and his friend re-enact one of your animes?
It's not ever responsible to get drunk to the point of passing out, but it is even less so when you're in your mid 20s. I'm not on a high horse or anything; I've done it plenty of times, but I know that getting like that is irresponsible.

The_end
May 17, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

I would dump her and not look back.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

La Brea Carpet posted:

Where he really hosed up was ever even engaging the discussion with his girlfriend. Why would you justify such an asinine idea with a conversation? Laugh in her dumbass face.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Captain Candiru posted:

Not much to say on this one, is there? He's gonna totally gently caress his auntie.

I mean, who doesn't want to gently caress their non-blood related aunt. What better gift of gratitude is there?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

La Brea Carpet posted:

Go on the vacation. Make sure your gf can't ruin your property or credit. If your apartment or stuff isn't insured then insure it.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 29, 2017

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I wonder how hot the Aunt is.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
he should guiltily confess that she's right and also he hosed his uncle on the last trip

Good Parmesan
Nov 30, 2007

I TAKE PHOTOS OF OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN IN PLANET FITNESS
his aunt is marisa tomei

Barudak
May 7, 2007

blarzgh posted:

I wonder how hot the Aunt is.

Teacher level but not quite so hot you have to drop it

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
maybe the aunt looks just like the girlfriend

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

La Brea Carpet posted:

Dump your GF and go on a whirlwind adventure with your aunt, getting into wacky hijinks and bribing guards to release you from prison.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

If she truly believes he wants to gently caress the woman who raised him from the age of nine, she should’ve dumped his rear end for being massive creep instead of playing petty jealousy games.

I think she’s probably angling to come along or get him to take a vacation alone with her instead, but what she’s insinuating is pretty reprehensible.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Clark Nova posted:

If she truly believes he wants to gently caress the woman who raised him from the age of nine, she should’ve dumped his rear end for being massive creep instead of playing petty jealousy games.

I think she’s probably angling to come along or get him to take a vacation alone with her instead, but what she’s insinuating is pretty reprehensible.

It is actually she who wants to gently caress her own aunt

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

maybe the aunt looks just like the girlfriend

but older and like, darker gen x-ier

she probably has a choker

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
If his aunt is Marisa Tomei then she is right to be worried.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Also I wouldn't trust her around any nephews you might have.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Panfilo posted:

This is why you call them out on this poo poo, and when they try to downplay or deny it you stay consistent.

A lot of times people aren't assertive enough to stand up for themselves, and let people walk all over them while they seethe in silence. This is a perfect example of 'why are you telling this to Reddit and not the person you have issues with?'

It won't change a loving thing.

The solution to dealing with fundamentally lovely people is not to be firm but polite, it's to excise them from your life.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

fruit on the bottom posted:

That’s my secret, therobit: I’m always retarded.

Don't you have a country to run?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

fruit on the bottom posted:

Right that makes sense. Even then though it sounds like it all comes down to self-interest... which cynically is probably true of the non-sociopaths too.

I've always found "sociopathy" very interesting and read a lot about it. Most of it either romanticizes it or demonizes it but it's interesting. From what I understand, it's a pretty broad spectrum and combined with mental healthcare, a "sociopath" can end up being a productive member of society who desires to feel empathy and emulates "good behavior" because they know that it is what they "should feel." Or they can end up being a productive member of society who emulates "good behavior" because risk vs. reward but has an internal list of people they would kill if they knew they could get away with it. Armchair psychology though so I could be way off.

My favorite thing about anyone online confessing to be a sociopath is they almost always describe themselves using the false romanticized or demonized version.

Update on guy (me) [25m] who sleep humped his best friend [23f]

quote:

Hey, a lot of people asked about this so I thought I'd share an update to this post I made not too long ago

So last week I talked to my friend about what happened and I just asked her out on a formal date.

She mentioned all the fun things we've done together in the past couple of months were pretty much romantic dates, and that they have been the best she's ever had. That she's been waiting for me to take ta next step for a while now.

I was absolutely thrilled at that and realizing it now we have been arranging our free time to go out places together but I always saw it as hanging out.

Anyways, this was my first Christmas away from my family and hometown and we spent it at her family's place, had a great time and when we came home I managed to kiss her and she got super excited.

Without going into too much detail, we got intimate and because I didn't have any condoms at all we ended up just staying up all night doing & practicing oral on each other until we we tired out.

Apologies if this sounds like bragging but my point is that I'm technically no longer a virgin and that night was the most amazing and fun night of my life. Not just because of the sexual stuff but because we were super intimate with each other and I found out that she lusted over me sexually way way more than I lusted for her given how aggressive she was and how eager she is to have actual sex soon.

She's my gf now obviously and it's really surreal that I managed to have a woman like her, we're spending the holidays together and making our normal hang out dates more romantic.

I can't thank people here enough for calming my mind and giving solid advice to just be upfront and ask her out, I admit she intimidated me because of how beautiful & just super chill she is, I didn't think she'd be into a normal dude like me.

And yes she pokes fun at me for having humped her in my sleep, but she also told me that she hopes I'll always find her attractive enough to subconsciously want to gently caress her.

She 's definitely special and definitely someone I'll do anything for, hold on to, and take care of. The biggest takeaway that I got was that she's completely infatuated witj me and I couldn't be happier with that.

Anyways thanks everyone and Happy Holidays to you all and again, thank you.

TL;DR Asked my best friend out and she's now my girlfriend and we've both never been happier.

This one isn't too interesting but I love the title being like what the gently caress to aww good for you. Broke out of the friend zone with unconscious sexual assault.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 29, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
People can be broken in different ways.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Or they can end up being a productive member of society who emulates "good behavior" because risk vs. reward but has an internal list of people they would kill if they knew they could get away with it. Armchair psychology though so I could be way off.

Everyone has a list.

Don't they?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Outrail posted:

Everyone has a list.

Don't they?

There are people you wouldnt kill?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

quote:

we ended up just staying up all night doing & practicing oral on each other until we we tired out.

Apologies if this sounds like bragging but my point is that I'm technically no longer a virgin

What the hell is practicing oral? And who thinks saying you are technically no longer a virgin at 25 is bragging? You aren't supposed to be a virgin at 25, technical or otherwise.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Outrail posted:

Everyone has a list.

Don't they?

writing it out is an amateur move

*taps head and smiles*

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

I [26F] just got off the phone with my sister [39F] she does not want her son [15M] anymore because she has a new love interest and wants to start a family with himPersonal issues
1,697 points 420 comments submitted 1 year ago by Alex_Stephanie to r/relationships

Yeah so I am about to kick pick my nephew up in half an hour. His mother does not want him anymore. Her exact words were " He is from a failed relationship, I will sign him over to you or what ever I need to do. But I want a fresh start with _________ and start a new family"

She met this guy and he is moving in tomorrow. My Nephew Seth just finished his freshmen year on friday is on summer vacation. As I said I am going to go pick him up in half an hour because she told me too.

Seth is a well behaved kid, it's not like he acts out or is disrespectful. Not once have a I heard my sister complain about that and he actually gets really good grades.

I just don't know what to do, I am more than prepared to take Seth in. I have a good job and I recently single so I can devote time to him. It's just this whole situation is a cluster and I don't know what to do.

tl;dr: my sister is kicking out her son because she does not want him anymore. She wants to start a new family with her new man

:|

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Or they can end up being a productive member of society who emulates "good behavior" because risk vs. reward but has an internal list of people they would kill if they knew they could get away with it. Armchair psychology though so I could be way off.

Any opportunity to kill with impunity would probably be during a natural disaster or something, so you'd have to evaluate your options in the moment - you might need to settle for someone who gets disrespectful when there's no police around to protect them rather than going around grabbing specific bads, especially if there's curfews or national guard patrols who will wonder why you're not on the route between your home and a food depot.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

so we're not going to support a woman's right to abort? hmmph

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

If it's any consolation the child is better off in this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Pick posted:

I [26F] just got off the phone with my sister [39F] she does not want her son [15M] anymore because she has a new love interest and wants to start a family with himPersonal issues
:|

imo she should get the legal parts signing him over (wtf) done and everything in writing before the mom breaks up with her bf and decides to come rip him out of a home for the second time