Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I like to toast my salt on a hickory branch for a little while before giving it a good tumble in the dryer to really bring in a nice smokey flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

So like, aside from planetary tech and "item 2.0" (which is a fancy buzzword for "you can kind of interact with stuff sort of") isn't that all poo poo that's not really in 3.0?

Like the "render to texture" thing has pretty definitely been proven to not be that at all, and persistence in SC is that it remembers how much money you have...

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Decrepus posted:

Ground beef is already chopped you tryhard
I just kind of mash it more with a spatula.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

DapperDon posted:

I don't suppose you would care to elaborate on that would you?

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but here's what i understand,sandi had a tiny bit part in a movie called American satan and she was so bad or underwhelming they cut her out without actually telling her,there's a pic of her walking out of the premiere with a face like a cats arse.
The movie bombed and was awful and she wasn't even good enough for that.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I've considered just throwing it all in a blender for a second or two but then I'd have to wash the blender.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but here's what i understand,sandi had a tiny bit part in a movie called American satan and she was so bad or underwhelming they cut her out without actually telling her,there's a pic of her walking out of the premiere with a face like a cats arse.

That is correct. Also, they may or may not have rescheduled CitizenCon so that Sandi and Chris could attend the premiere.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

thatguy posted:

I've considered just throwing it all in a blender for a second or two but then I'd have to wash the blender.

There's no point in blending something without adding a little protein powder.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
American Sandi, she gonna mess your movie

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Dusty Lens posted:

There's no point in blending something without adding a little protein powder.
I share with my dog occasionally and I don't know if this would make him super jacked.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

When I was riding an escalator out of Penn Station, I saw a mostly destroyed sticker ad for American Satan on the wall. That's the only ad I've seen for it.

Welp, that's my story, thanks for reading.

This ad alone cost more than the film's revenue.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

The strange thing is that they tweeted a still from the “Vic tells his parents he rocks for the devil” scene, so at one point they planned to include. I wonder if the editor was like “No way I can salvage this.”

Oh well... there’s always Squadron 42.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Beet Wagon posted:

So like, aside from planetary tech and "item 2.0" (which is a fancy buzzword for "you can kind of interact with stuff sort of") isn't that all poo poo that's not really in 3.0?

Like the "render to texture" thing has pretty definitely been proven to not be that at all, and persistence in SC is that it remembers how much money you have...

Yep. But I'm pretty sure Item 2.0 isn't even in because, amongst other things, it was supposed to solve the whole "render every object on every computer" issue that CIG has been trying to solve for years but have only managed to throw magical words at.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Kosumo posted:

Do you need a guy to dance on your flight deck each time someone launches a ship? If so, I'm in. What is the pay and conditions like?

Toops fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 30, 2017

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Beet Wagon posted:

Only persistence they've delivered are:

Ship sales
LTI
Concept Sales
A really bad game
Dreams

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes but 3.6 will have Tank Sales why are you so entitled

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
I just warm the steak to 98 degrees, to simulate the temperature of a fresh kill, then pick up slab in my bare hands and chomp it down tar-tar-style, or however the fancy people say it.

Just eat the steak naturally like our ancestors, who learned how to eat meat from the carnivores. Why does modern-day society have to complicate so many simple pleasures that are found in nature?

nnnotime fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 30, 2017

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Used Car Rental Salesman chat

There's a quite bit more to that story than what I mentioned, and it's a lot more depressing and sad. And more than two sources have confirmed most of the details of that sad unspoken tale.

What I said was consistent with what they said. However, yes, I should have explained that beat better.

I was looking for something not the whole sad story, not a casual "oh and here he's a car salesman", and not "oh and here he's a car salesman here's what I think about that". I'll have plenty of time for opinions soon enough.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

I got a sous vide thing for Christmas and tried it out on some steaks the other day but I got sidetracked by oven roasted green beans and we ate them all before I remembered to pull the steaks out and put a sear on them lol

e: the steaks ended up great

One of our favorite things to do with our Anova is cook a London broil for like 12 hours at 131F, give it a quick sear, cook some peppers and onions, warm up some tortillas, and boom, steak fajitas with less than 10 minutes of actual work. Just vacuum seal the meat the night before and throw it in the water bath before you leave for work.

The leftover meat is also fantastic next day for an easy steak salad with some greens, corn, black beans and peppers. Little chili lime dressing and you're set.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bootcha posted:

There's a quite bit more to that story than what I mentioned, and it's a lot more depressing and sad. And more than two sources have confirmed most of the details of that sad unspoken tale.

What I said was consistent with what they said. However, yes, I should have explained that beat better.

I was looking for something not the whole sad story, not a casual "oh and here he's a car salesman", and not "oh and here he's a car salesman here's what I think about that". I'll have plenty of time for opinions soon enough.

How one sad used car sales man scammed idiots for 175 million!

Learn this one easy trick

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

nnnotime posted:

I just warm the steak to 98 degrees, to simulate the temperature of a fresh kill, then pick up slab in my bare hands and chomp it down tar-tar-style, or however the fancy people say it.

Just eat the steak naturally like our ancestors, who learned how to eat meat from the carnivores. Why does modern-day society have to complicate so many simple pleasures that are found in nature?

I chase my kill over the side of a local cliff and then scavenge what's left a few days after the local predators have had their fill.

However I do indulge with a little fresh cracked pepper.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I was watching a presentation from the some of the DICE artists and there was this slide.

I was going to make a line for star citizen but I have no idea how long it takes them to make an asset.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

"Also someone told me that chris roberts was dumb and gay and slept on their couch" - Bootcha

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

when you pulled that up on google maps it kinda freaked me out since my office is like right loving there

basically in the same colton plaza

loving weird that we didn't run into each other at bistangos although I wasn't exactly on the lookout for chris "wing commander: the movie" roberts a decade ago

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
although maybe he was more a captain creme's guy, I dunno

:rip:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo, I never knew why captain cremes folded

now I loving know and holy poo poo lol, its like loving star citizen

quote:

Connye G. Morgan, 60, pleaded guilty this year to tax fraud charges. Mark A. Bailey, 52, was convicted in May of hiding from the IRS more than $700,000 in strip-club door charges, cocktail tabs and tips skimmed from dancers.

Prosecutors said the two went to elaborate lengths to hide the sources of their money, stashing $300,000 in cash in a safety deposit box and claiming their Century City club was financed by former Lakers star Magic Johnson and Lakers owner Jerry Buss. Both denied involvement in the club. Bailey's attorney said his client is innocent and will appeal the verdict.

quote:

A stripper who performed well into her 40s, Morgan saved enough money in tips to open a teen dance club called Jagg in Lake Forest. The club catered to Christian teens--youths who whiled away weekends sipping soft drinks and gyrating under flashing lights. The place made little money because pastors would ask to bring groups in free of charge.

quote:

Bailey, who had worked previously as a computer-systems engineer, had grander plans for the venue. He convinced Morgan to convert it into Captain Creams--a bikini bar where patrons downed beer and mixed drinks as scantily clad women wrestled in pits of shaving cream.

quote:

Two years later, Bailey and Morgan opened a club in Corona, using more unreported profits, prosectors said. In this case, prosecutors said that Bailey's lawyer, Alan Curtis, hid $300,000 in profits in a safety deposit box before eventually paying the club's lease with it. Curtis has since pleaded guilty to conspiracy and testified against Bailey at trial.

quote:

In 1997, Bailey filed for bankruptcy protection. Two years later, Jagg was sued by the owners of the Corona strip club property, who alleged Jagg failed to make payments on the property. A judge ordered that Jagg pay the plaintiff $1.6 million.

Morgan and Bailey separated in 1999.
lol

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Bootcha posted:

Terrible decisions are a part of Chris Roberts history...

WHICH YOU CAN LEARN ABOUT IN THIS VIDEO WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al8G8nHFQJo

:golfclap:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

thatguy posted:

Just throw it in the garbage when you're done. Christ, this isn't hard, man!

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

G0RF posted:

The strange thing is that they tweeted a still from the “Vic tells his parents he rocks for the devil” scene, so at one point they planned to include. I wonder if the editor was like “No way I can salvage this.”

Oh well... there’s always Squadron 42.

maybe we'll get a bluray with deleted scenes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

TheAgent posted:

holy poo poo, I never knew why captain cremes folded

now I loving know and holy poo poo lol, its like loving star citizen

lol

This movie needs to be made last week. Would never stop watching it.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Just throw it in the garbage when you're done. Christ, this isn't hard, man! The backers will never know!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

:bravo::five::five::golfclap:

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...

Star Citizen: There is no solution. Ok?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

thatguy posted:

Sometimes I chop up some ground beef and cook it in a pan then eat it with some salt.
lmao way to ruin some perfectly good tartare you loving idiot get out of here

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

The Anova is the one I got! I remain somewhat unconvinced for nicer cuts like tenderloin, but so far I'm really digging this thing. Looking forward to trying it on some other things, but the ability to "set and forget" a lot of these really makes cooking so much more flexible.

Partly though I'm a grumpy old man who believes in doing things "the right way" so it's taking a little bit of getting used to. Feels like cheating.

My wife loves the Anova I got her.

Buy a Searzall and the browning issue gets resolved instantly.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

The Saddest Robot posted:

I was watching a presentation from the some of the DICE artists and there was this slide.

I was going to make a line for star citizen but I have no idea how long it takes them to make an asset.

Yeah but what do those clowns at DICE really know? From the second an idea springs from the Master of Spaceships’ fertile imagination, fully matured and armored like Athena from Zeus’ skull, to the final glorious approval by Chris Roberts himself after repeated designs, revamps, “unapprovals”, and refinements, two or three years may have passed. Designs like the 890 Jump, sold years back, may stretch 5 years from start to release.

Fidelity perfected demands no less.

Nicholas posted:

maybe we'll get a bluray with deleted scenes.

I suspect at least one will get made. Sandi needs more on her reel than ATVs and annual livestreams.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My wife loves the Anova I got her.

Buy a Searzall and the browning issue gets resolved instantly.

I was thinking about getting one (after reading J. Kenji Lopez-Alt's sous vide steak article) but I don't really have an issue getting a good sear on steak with in a cast iron skillet and I'm not sure what else I'd use it for. I don't torch a lot in the kitchen.

the steak recipe/cast iron chat phase is my second favorite phase in the great and endless cycle of the Star Citizen thread

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

I was thinking about getting one (after reading J. Kenji Lopez-Alt's sous vide steak article) but I don't really have an issue getting a good sear on steak with in a cast iron skillet and I'm not sure what else I'd use it for. I don't torch a lot in the kitchen.

the steak recipe/cast iron chat phase is my second favorite phase in the great and endless cycle of the Star Citizen thread

The more you sous vide, the more you will use it.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

While I'll always enjoy cooking with gas busting out the cast iron for virtually any purpose is almost always accompanied by my induction stovetop. What started as a temporary solution a few years ago has turned into what may very well be my preferred cooking surface.

While I'm sure many people would argue that heat's heat cooking with induction is just so drat nice for everything from the power and control to the cleanup.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

why is everyone so mad about the used car salesman thing, jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

G0RF posted:

I suspect at least one will get made. Sandi needs more on her reel than ATVs and annual livestreams.

Clearly you've forgotten about the very serious and very important reality TV show "The Next Great Starship".

Without it we wouldn't have been able to watch Chris all but foam at the mouth as the ship that he preferred fell behind the anime hair curler. Nor watch as people started to scratch their heads and wonder how a model of such high quality could be produced by a small team in a fraction of the time as the clunky mess' being pushed out by CIG's multi million dollar art department.

Or CIG just deciding to not bother putting the ship into the game.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

why is everyone so mad about the used car salesman thing, jesus

I'm nervous about hearing about marriages and divorces and other things that distract from the pure mountain spring of comedy that already flows through our lands.