Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Sacrist65 posted:

"Why is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration , which is losing many billions of dollars a year, while charging the Weather Channel and others so little to deliver their reports, making The Weather Channel richer and NOAA dumber and poorer? Should be charging MUCH MORE! "

No this has been a GOP talking point for years and I believe the shitstain that owns accuweather is on the NOAA director short list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What really happened is Trump met with a USPS employee who expressed that he or she voted for Clinton.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Clarke's email address is dclarke.cowboy@gmail.com because of course it is.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

facialimpediment posted:

Look, someone's going to prison and it ain't gonna be a cop.

Bolow posted:

The SWATter dude is a slam dunk for a prison sentence, but there's probably like a 95% chance that the cop who blew away that innocent dude for literally no loving reason is gonna walk free and clear.

Yeah.

Let’s militarize the police!

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I feel like at this point LCpl Scumfuck probably has a stricter ROE on patrol in Afghanistan than some SWAT officer

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Bolow posted:

I feel like at this point LCpl Scumfuck probably has a stricter ROE on patrol in Afghanistan than some SWAT officer

There's a difference between department ROE and the criminal law standard.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Soulex posted:

Yeah.

Let’s militarize the police!

TBF a hostage situation with an active shooter is kinda what SWAT type teams were created for.

Then again, the original SWAT and ESU teams prided themselves on not shooting people.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Did the original teams work off single source intel reporting too?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm down for guilliotining everyone who's calling these in regardless of the outcome

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

shame on an IGA posted:

No this has been a GOP talking point for years and I believe the shitstain that owns accuweather is on the NOAA director short list

Hmm.....if only there were some way for the government to collect money from people and/or organizations to pay for these services!

Oh well, guess we'll never figure it out. Too bad!

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Bolow posted:

Next time SWAT stops by for a tribal mixer, you should discuss this theory over chai and goat.

Get the gently caress out of GiP you retards.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Thalantos posted:

Hmm.....if only there were some way for the government to collect money from people and/or organizations to pay for these services!

Oh well, guess we'll never figure it out. Too bad!

"Thats not paid for by taxes, thats paid for by the public trust!"

-a real answer I got from a conservative

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its no wonder we're lovely at COIN when our own police forces cant even interact without murdering people

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

Next time SWAT stops by for a tribal mixer, you should discuss this theory over chai and goat.

Get the gently caress out of GiP you retards.

No, I'd agree that the military has a better track record of prosecuting people for this kind of poo poo than civilian prosecutors do against negligent cops.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

its no wonder we're lovely at COIN when our own police forces cant even interact without murdering people

I like this hot take

But it's really lovely to ask the world's best fighting force to uhm hey let's not do that mission you've literally trained your entire existence for we are gunna *~nation build~* without a plan

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

psydude posted:

No, I'd agree that the military has a better track record of prosecuting people for this kind of poo poo than civilian prosecutors do against negligent cops.

{citation needed}

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

{citation needed}

Off the top of my head, I can think of at least one O2 who is serving a life sentence for ordering a gun truck to open fire on a family that was following them too closely in Afghanistan. How many cops have been prosecuted for killing unarmed, innocent people when they felt scared?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

psydude posted:

This is a very familiar conversation, so I'll just summarize.

Many of us had stricter rules on escalation of force while deployed than most stateside police, but there are others who refuse to believe this is true.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
There's a thread for this

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

Off the top of my head, I can think of at least one O2 who is serving a life sentence for ordering a gun truck to open fire on a family that was following them too closely in Afghanistan.

OK.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haditha_massacre

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granai_airstrike

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Kunduz_airstrike

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunduz_hospital_airstrike

We all should call out unwarranted police violence, but talk about the pot and the kettle.

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 30, 2017

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
In ‘08, 90 of us had 2 districts or 200,000+ afghans who needed a nation built, problem was reconstruction funds were drier than pashtun pussy swaddled in taliban-grade niqab. So we got creative with our mission. Turns out the next best thing to brick/mortar, a sense of security, and faith in democracy is mortar shrapnel. lol we mortared the gently caress out of those stupid people every time they let a rocket come out way. Our company was sliced out to a pog battalion who didn’t understand fire support so they just let do what we wanted. I can def say if you hand a soldier an unlimited supply of ammo and no dollars then tell him to build a nation, it’s fun as gently caress lol

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Most of the time I forget that gip has a bigger body count than tfr.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Tfr is pretty good at legs to be fair

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Wait wait I meant TCC sorry a bit tired

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Tcc is pretty good at arms

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Tfr is pretty good at legs to be fair

Someone also shot a dishwasher iirc

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Tcc is pretty good at arms

You mean "public disarmament"?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Of the four incidents you linked, only the Haditha massacre is comparable to what we're talking about. The rest were huge fuckups of miscommunication where air support was dropping bombs on what they thought were legitimate targets during/immediately after a TIC, versus a SWAT team shooting an unarmed dude who answered the door.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Most of the time I forget that gip has a bigger body count than tfr.

Still betting that ADTRW secretly has the highest.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

That Works posted:

its coupons

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Of all the ways to gently caress up your third star, this one really ranks up there.

Army general’s promotion pulled after calling congressional staffer “sweetheart"

quote:

According to the IG report, Gonsalves' pending nomination for a third star prompted an angry reaction from a staffer of Rep. Jim Langevin, D-R.I.

The Army IG report redacted the names of the female congressional staffer and about 10 other people who were present during the October 2016 meeting at Fort Carson, Colorado. The report included testimony from members of Gonsalves’ staff who took part in the session.

The complaint cited accusations that Gonsalves took issue with the female congressional staffer’s youth, and that the general said she should take detailed notes on why the military needed funding “since she was a Democrat and did not believe in funding the military,” the IG report stated.

Multiple members of the congressional delegation described Gonsalves’ remarks during the meeting as “sarcastic and unprofessional,” the report states. Another male staffer described the remarks as “sexist, inappropriate and unprofessional,” according to the report.

At one point during the meeting, the female staffer passed a note to a colleague that read: “Did this guy really just call me sweetheart?,” the report states.
---
“Although MG Gonsalves testified that he did not refer to (the female staffer) as ‘sweetheart' during the meeting, the evidence did not support his recollection,” the IG report states.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That Works posted:

Easy: ADTRW is responsible for 4chan, 4chan is responsible for Trump, therefore ADTRW gets 3/5ths credit for the Korea 2: Electric Boogaloo killcount.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

Easy: ADTRW is responsible for 4chan, 4chan is responsible for Trump, therefore ADTRW gets 3/5ths credit for the Korea 2: Electric Boogaloo killcount.

The 3/5ths compromise mk 2?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://news.sky.com/story/soldier-who-defected-from-north-korea-immune-to-anthrax-11186245

So the nork who crossed over has anthrax antibodies in his blood

oh

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Eh, I don't know how excited to get about that.

Dude was filled with worms, chances are he got exposed to anthrax through soil exposure.

Or maybe we're all hosed who knows.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Isn't anthrax associated with ill-kept livestock and living conditions anyways? I wouldn't be surprised if other crypto-pathologies started coming to light in a legitimate review of a NKorean population sample.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

That Works posted:

no one in ADTRW has asked what shotgun to buy for self defense.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

Puckin boy did get told to GTFO in fairness, plus only killed 2 people

TCC's phenazepam thread alone can beat that

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ElMaligno posted:

That's because they all have katanas already :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

not caring here posted:

Dude was filled with worms, chances are he got exposed to anthrax through having to eat handfuls of dirt in the hopes of consuming enough worms to survive.

I mean, come on, it's right there. Put 2 and 2 together.

• Locked thread