Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talez
Jul 9, 2005

Why do you hate me when I show you nothing but love?

D_Smart posted:

OK, I'll bite, then block.

The game was Battlecruiser 3000AD

I didn't release it. Take Two did.

So much for your epic burn. Clearly you're not the Chosen One.

Take Two and the rest of the publishers you bankrupted gave you at least FOUR YEARS you incompetent piece of poo poo. Give me back my $40. At least Freelancer was actually good once they got rid of CR and got it actually out the door.

Talez fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Dec 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

nnnotime posted:

I know it's not the intent, but ironically, when you think about it, a used-car rental salesman who can pull in $175 million in sales sounds like a pretty good used-car salesman.

What if all the cars he were selling were amazing future cars that had thousands of features that had ‘never been done before’ and were due for delivery ‘any time soon’ but demanded payment up front and counted that towards his figures despite the sale not being complete with regards to the actual delivery?

Chris isn’t a very good salesman, he’s just an enthusiastic space nerd who became king of the space nerds and harnessed that power to fund a wet dream by tapping into exactly what his audience wanted and promising them that: it wasn’t hard for Chris to tap into that because he is one of them. He is corrupt with visions of grandeur and his model wife’s acting ambitions, that’s where the real rot started. If he remembered not to believe the smoke he was blowing up his own rear end a lot of this could’ve been avoided.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Rugganovich posted:

Your post nails the underlying problem with most western societies in general. Once upon a time you'd have left, centrist, right. Now it seems to be left or right. And if you try and be a centrist both sides look at you with suspicion.

My original point to The Titanic was that there weren't two sides and it's complete lunacy to think there are, I even made two posts in response as it bugs me.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Rugganovich posted:

I'm still a backer in SC and I still believe 'something' will be released. It's going to be nothing like anyone imagines, lol, as Star Citizen or SQ42. That includes CIG. I can imagine the scene from Young Frankenstein , with CR playing Gene Wilder, when "it's" released.

Also :gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/porksmith/status/945255335308222465

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rugganovich posted:

Your post nails the underlying problem with most western societies in general. Once upon a time you'd have left, centrist, right. Now it seems to be left or right. And if you try and be a centrist both sides look at you with suspicion.
I'm still a backer in SC and I still believe 'something' will be released. It's going to be nothing like anyone imagines, lol, as Star Citizen or SQ42. That includes CIG. I can imagine the scene from Young Frankenstein , with CR playing Gene Wilder, when "it's" released.

Good news friend, there is a vibrant new movement for sensible centrists.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Wait

WAIT!

guys...

Derek Smart made a bad game?

This changes everything.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Wiz posted:

Good news friend, there is a vibrant new movement for sensible centrists.

Not going to lie I was expecting an ICO

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

BluesShaman posted:

Wait

WAIT!

guys...

Derek Smart made a bad game?

This changes everything.

:piss:

guess I'm buying back into star citizen

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Not going to lie I was expecting an ICO

CentrismCoin will offer a viable alternative to BitCoin in the same way Centrism offers a viable alternative to right-wing politics: By being the exact same thing but with the label 'Centrism' slapped on.

(Also way less popular)

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Talez posted:

Take Two and the rest of the publishers you bankrupted gave you at least FOUR YEARS you incompetent piece of poo poo. Give me back my $40. At least Freelancer was actually good once they got rid of CR and got it actually out the door.
You could have waited like, a few years and got it free lol

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Talez posted:

Your $40 was a DONATION.

Talez
Jul 9, 2005

CrazyTolradi posted:

You could have waited like, a few years and got it free lol

Still overpriced.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Rugganovich posted:

Something will be released after the sentence is served.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

G0RF posted:

Oh dear, Charlie Hall is taking a break from telling readers about how Star Citizen is leap-frogging Elite and actually describing his player experience with 3.0. It actually makes for good reading in places, though the deferential interjections seem tonally incongruent.

Easy on the big words there friend! Otherwise, when the paywall drops, the citizens are not going to be able to read and understand what you are trying to say.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

ewe2 posted:

It's a new year. Let's bring everyone really down. thatguy suggested this parody and suppled most of the lyrics.

* lyrics by thatguy with additions/changes by ewe2
* Fitter Happer made today would just be a treated scream.
* happy 2018 buster.

Goodness me

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Chris isn’t a very good salesman,

Disagree. He can make a sale, he just can't deliver the product he sold.

A good salesman makes sales. Chris has done this.

A salesman who will stay alive and out of jail delivers on those sales.

Talez
Jul 9, 2005

Mr.Tophat posted:

Disagree. He can make a sale, he just can't deliver the product he sold.

This. Anyone who believes a CR release date is a drat fool. I have nothing against SC but I'm sure as hell not buying it until it's actually out. Somewhere around 2021 I suspect if the whole project doesn't collapse under the weight of CR's maniacal feature creep.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Mne nravitsya posted:

Easy on the big words there friend! Otherwise, when the paywall drops, the citizens are not going to be able to read and understand what you are trying to say.

The celebration of the human language does not require sticklers for philistines, you cad

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Talez posted:

Also, Take Two didn't go bankrupt you idiot, they loving own Bethsoft and a bunch of other studios now days.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

2018. Space court.

Talez
Jul 9, 2005

CrazyTolradi posted:

Also, Take Two didn't go bankrupt you idiot, they loving own Bethsoft and a bunch of other studios now days.

I'm talking about Three-Sixty Pacific and Mission Studios, numb nuts.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Besides, he was a rent a car salesman.

I wonder if I can rent a jpeg. I promise I will return it with a tank full of pixels. Honest.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

thatguy posted:

I've considered just throwing it all in a blender for a second or two but then I'd have to wash the blender.

That's what takeaway is for.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

I'll put this down to my early onset of Alzheimer's but the dancing in WOW still makes me giggle.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Rugganovich posted:

I'll put this down to my early onset of Alzheimer's but the dancing in WOW still makes me giggle.

GW FTW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcWXL8jpFGs

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

iospace posted:

Cast iron is the poo poo.

I once made a cast iron pan for a friend by melting down slices of the engine block of his old car.

We enjoy a pair of steaks from the pan every year since.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Talez posted:

lol rekt

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Combat Theory posted:

I once made a cast iron pan for a friend by melting down slices of the engine block of his old car.

Metal

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Rugganovich posted:

It's funny a priori, but it's even funnier as a visual metaphor of "Goons vs. Citizens." IMO.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I pledge that in whatever form star citizen comes out, I'm buying it and my only activity will be hunting the B'Tak.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Dapper Don post more dog pictures

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Mr.Tophat posted:

Ahhhhhhhhh

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nope, I don't want to keep fish for I worry they will be murdered by that thing :qq:

As awful as it looks, there are much harder battles to fight in a fish tank, trust me. Bobbit worms are one of the really nasty ones, but there are more sinister things lurking in those living rocks, which you can't easily remove because they spread like a pleague.

Then again, my tank has been hit by three of the most awful ones (yeah, I'm lucky I guess), but I say to myself "don't interfere too much, give it time", and one of them was actually completely removed within about two years by adding a certain shrimp that eats that poo poo, and the other one is put on hold by two fish who eat it (but can't be removed once in the tank, you'd have to start completely new). Nature knows it's poo poo, and we only capture (in good and bad) a small part of nature in our tanks, so the balance is always off, sadly.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Hey thread, should I buy Oakley Jawbreakers or will I look like a middle aged dickhead? (They will be used for extensive cycling.)

Happy New Year!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Combat Theory posted:

Season it with Pennzoil or Mobil 1?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ewe2 posted:

It's a new year. Let's bring everyone really down. thatguy suggested this parody and suppled most of the lyrics.

* lyrics by thatguy with additions/changes by ewe2
* Fitter Happer made today would just be a treated scream.
* happy 2018 buster.
:five:
Safer. Superior. More entertained.
Excited.
Not saying too much.
Defending the current patch.
Seven days a week.
Getting on better with your associate streamer contemporaries.
At ease.
Having fun.
No more scripted dialogue and on-rail demos.
A patient, better pilot.
A safer ship.
Cargo resting in the hold.
Not vibrating.
No bad bugs.
No glitches.
Careful to all players.
Never griefing in Nullsec.
Keep in contact with old devs.
Enjoy ATV now and then.
Will frequently check credits on Mobiglass.
Hole in the wall.
Pledges for pledges.
Fond but not obsessed.
Development standing orders.
On Sundays browse r/StarCitizen.
No killing noobs or attacking helpless NPCs.
New referral training.
Also on Sundays.
No longer afraid of the Goons or Derek.
Nothing so ridiculously teenage and desperate.
Nothing so childish.
At a better pace.
Slower and more calculated.
No chance of escape.
Now single.
Concerned but powerless.
An empowered and informed Citizen.
Pragmatism not idealism.
Will not get a refund.
Less chance of being scammed.
Tires that drive up ramps.
Shot of a ship exploding.
A good memory.
Still cries at the end of Wing Commander.
Still pledges with new cash.
No longer empty and hollow like an actress
In her 40's trying to make it in Hollywood.
The ability to laugh at Elite.
Calm.
Safer. Superior. More entertained.
A dreamer on Spectrum with an Idris.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Spermanent Record posted:

Hey thread, should I buy Oakley Jawbreakers or will I look like a middle aged dickhead? (They will be used for extensive cycling.)

Happy New Year!

I only own the Oakley x-metal stuff from many years back (three sunglasses plus two timebomb watches...never get a timebomb 2, by the way!), and I think I look like a dickhead with them, but people tell me they are cool. They are super comfy to wear, I guess the Jawbreakers are similar?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Rugganovich posted:

And if you try and be a centrist both sides look at you with suspicion.

They're looking at you funny cause you're living in the aftermath of Centrism failing bigly.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

tuo posted:

As awful as it looks, there are much harder battles to fight in a fish tank, trust me. Bobbit worms are one of the really nasty ones, but there are more sinister things lurking in those living rocks, which you can't easily remove because they spread like a pleague.

Then again, my tank has been hit by three of the most awful ones (yeah, I'm lucky I guess), but I say to myself "don't interfere too much, give it time", and one of them was actually completely removed within about two years by adding a certain shrimp that eats that poo poo, and the other one is put on hold by two fish who eat it (but can't be removed once in the tank, you'd have to start completely new). Nature knows it's poo poo, and we only capture (in good and bad) a small part of nature in our tanks, so the balance is always off, sadly.

Well put, I enjoyed reading this post about the lack of balance within a privately owned and managed fish gently caress fight cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

tuo posted:

I only own the Oakley x-metal stuff from many years back (three sunglasses plus two timebomb watches...never get a timebomb 2, by the way!), and I think I look like a dickhead with them, but people tell me they are cool. They are super comfy to wear, I guess the Jawbreakers are similar?

They are comfy as hell but they also look really stupid. Then again, wearing lycra on a bike looks pretty stupid. Sold. Thanks!