Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

How do I Nyx

Either build for range and duration and use her 3 augment for CC, or build for duration and efficiency and use her 4 augment to become literally the Terminator. Doing both at the same time doesn't really work well. The build that uses her 3 is good for high level mobile defence or excavation, the 4 build can be useful for things like sortie defence. Unfortunately you don't really get much out of Nyx in low level missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Her 1 can be fun to grab an eximus unit every once in a while and her 2 is worthless. Nyx was extremely my go-to frame back in the very pre-augment days, back when you had to actually slot your skills in as mods, and I could skip her 2 entirely. I still really like Nyx now, but her 2 is bad.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Psion posted:

hi, I didn't get one and I'd like it.

i'll trade you a hydraulic whatever because I sure got a LOT of those! :v:

Selious posted:

I also didn't get one, and would appreciate it.

xiansi posted:

Hi, I missed the 'apocalypse', due to Christmas travel, and some semblance of a life.

I do love me some snipey headshots though.

Gulping Again posted:

I need Argon Scope to finalize The Soma Primening along with dread Bladed Rounds and Hunter Munitions

RFC2324 posted:

i didn't get one and could definitely use it

ign Tallian

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Winner is Gulping Again! Message me @ sinaddr or hit me with your ign and I'll get it to you this weekend! Goongrats.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Frame: Vauban Prime
Primary: Boar Prime, though the Arca Plasmor has put up a good show.
Secondary: Sicarus Prime
Melee: Destreza or Atterax, I think.

Glad to see all the Vauban love kicking around.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Menstrual Show posted:

Hello goons, PY(Current)F

Frame: Vauban Prime
Primary: Vulkar Wraith
Secondary: Akbronco Prime
Melee: Ack & Brunt

Not all at the same time, but these are what I've had the most fun with lately.

Frame: Saryn for missions where lots of guys need to die, or Valkyr where guys need to die but I need to really not die.
Primary: Corinth
Secondary: Atomos
Melee: Atterax

I have to admit, I'm not really using my primary all that often since I rolled a +damage +heat Atomos riven.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
So in checking the market i can buy either the blueprint for Cernos or Paris. I like my mk1 paris enough im fine with getting either since i still have to farm a bit for mats. Is one going to last me longer than the other?

If not eh ill flip a coin

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

ZeusCannon posted:

So in checking the market i can buy either the blueprint for Cernos or Paris. I like my mk1 paris enough im fine with getting either since i still have to farm a bit for mats. Is one going to last me longer than the other?

I think they're about the same outside of primary damage type so i guess it comes down to if you want to nail dudes to walls (Paris) or hit them with the game's equivalent of a boxing glove-tipped arrow (Cernos)

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh nail to walls because its really funny with the physics engine this game has

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

ZeusCannon posted:

Make both.

MAKE THEM ALL.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
I’d say Paris but that’s just me due to Impact’s poor damage profile (though it’s fun if you want to ragdoll dudes).

You would end up building both if you want mastery, though.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

ZeusCannon posted:

Paris prime is a "Sniper" bow with high puncture. Cernos is a "Shotgun" bow that fire multiple arrows on a horizontal spread, giving its maximum damage potential at middle range.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I bought paris because the mk1 is hilarious in defense missions so im gonna roll it a bit. Now to figure out where any of these mats come from :confused:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

aleksendr posted:

Paris prime is a "Sniper" bow with high puncture. Cernos is a "Shotgun" bow that fire multiple arrows on a horizontal spread, giving its maximum damage potential at middle range.

He's talking about the non-prime variants in the market.

As for bows, aim for the Paris Prime, it's extremely easy to get. After that you should be able to pick up a Dread in fairly short order. You could stop there as both of those bows can handle anything in the game but the Rakta Cernos is a good target as imo the best overall bow (out of the regular bows). Cernos Prime is aggressively mediocre in comparison but the multishot gimmick can be amusing. Moving a bit farther afield the Lenz is extremely good and both the Attica and Zhuge are very very good and quite easy to get. They count as bows mod-wise but are automatic crossbows so feel quite different in practice.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Also the Attica is a 5/5 riven disposition, leading it to be quite flexible vis a vis affronts to moral decency

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Bowchat: I got a Dread off some alert or mission or something the other day and I think it's in my foundry at the moment. How should I look to build this thing? My only bow experience was bringing a level 0 Mk1 Paris to hydron and leaving with a level 30 that I immediately sold. :v:

Menstrual Show posted:

Winner is Gulping Again! Message me @ sinaddr or hit me with your ign and I'll get it to you this weekend! Goongrats.

thanks for running this! I'm glad gulping is gonna throw it on a Soma P because that's what I would've done and uh, I'm a little distracted by my new and extremely serious love affair with the hek soooo

ZeusCannon posted:

I bought paris because the mk1 is hilarious in defense missions so im gonna roll it a bit. Now to figure out where any of these mats come from :confused:

Warframe wiki. I refer to it about every ten minutes when playing the game. There's just so much poo poo to figure out when you're new. When I needed Morphics early I farmed the Vor assassination on Mars for the drops and morphics - the other materials I had a friend taxi me out to a defense mission on ...Saturn or something? I didn't make a Paris, but I needed all those parts.

alternately if someone's wiling to farm Ember for/with you, I got most of those resource drops while doing that. And it also gets you the Ember frame, which is good.

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 30, 2017

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

AttackBacon posted:

He's talking about the non-prime variants in the market.

poo poo. Basic reading skill failed.

The "holy bow trinity" Is Dread, Paris, Cernos.

Myself i use an Attica (sometime with Thunderbolt) for Bow only Sorties. Lenz is nice on the Plains or for planetary base maps but i tend to kill myself too often with it in ship corridors.

Archwing is fun in small dose

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Psion posted:

Bowchat: I got a Dread off some alert or mission or something the other day and I think it's in my foundry at the moment. How should I look to build this thing? My only bow experience was bringing a level 0 Mk1 Paris to hydron and leaving with a level 30 that I immediately sold. :v:

Crit crit crit all day

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Menstrual Show posted:

Ingame is Gulping. 'll be on shortly

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Dread is basically as much crit/crit damage as you can fit on it and maybe the fire rate mod to make the charge time quicker. Fill everything else with elemental damage

and serration and multishot obviously but thats true for almost every gun

Cicadalek fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 30, 2017

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Gulping Again posted:

Ingame is Gulping. 'll be on shortly

Enjoy the big deeps!

Psion posted:

thanks for running this! I'm glad gulping is gonna throw it on a Soma P because that's what I would've done and uh, I'm a little distracted by my new and extremely serious love affair with the hek soooo

NP! The giveaways around here have been awesome lately and hopefully more of it being in the thread shows people how good the community around this game is. Tons of stuff is given away in clan chat constantly and people carry newbies through index/hydron all dang day long without it showing up here.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

However, it can't be recast while already active. Bastille has the big advantage of being able to cover multiple areas, and to a lesser degree Rhino Stomp and Avalanche etc do too.
Recasting Stomp doesn't reset the duration anyway, and Stomp can't be cancelled. Avalanche has less range + duration and can't be cast in the air either.

DS is just really reliable and effective, and it's on a frame with a bunch of other goodies (heal, proximity stun, great mobility, CC/status immunity)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

feel free to ask about anything in the clan chat. if no one answers it's probably due to no one being on who knows a good answer than them trying to avoid you. there will pretty much always be someone willing to help.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

if i see it i will ignore it though

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Alright, second Argon Scope giveaway.

Psion posted:

hi, I didn't get one and I'd like it.

i'll trade you a hydraulic whatever because I sure got a LOT of those! :v:

Selious posted:

I also didn't get one, and would appreciate it.

xiansi posted:

Hi, I missed the 'apocalypse', due to Christmas travel, and some semblance of a life.

I do love me some snipey headshots though.

RFC2324 posted:

i didn't get one and could definitely use it

ign Tallian

Googling a random number generator...

Xiansi, you've won, congrats. My ign is Mirkali, or PM on the forums, I'll need your ign, and I can toss it to you sometime this weekend hopefully.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Psion posted:

It has a crazy 50% crit chance, but it also has a focus on slash damage and a decent 20% status chance.
So your options are a.) Build it all entirely around crits with 90% elemental mods with the goal of oneshotting anything you point it at.
or b.) Build it half-and-half for crit and slash status, with 60% mods for viral to synergize with the bleeds. This way the crazy level 100 heavy gunners that you can't oneshot still die to armor-ignoring bleed ticks afterwards.

Either way you'll probably want Speed Trigger or Vile Acceleration, because fire rate mods dramatically increase the charge-up speed of bows. Then your last slot can be one of your fancy new bladed argon event mods, or if you're building for slash it can be the +120% slash damage mod (if you have it, but it's pretty hard to get).

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Menstrual Show posted:

did you miss Acopocalypse 2017? I have a spare Argon Scope to give away. I ask that you be somebody who didn't get one themselves, rather than going for extras, although I obv don't care if you flip it. This is on PC.

Will do a random # out of the first 5 people who quote this post.

Imma quote this just in case you have more!

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ok so ive picked up that Prime doesnt just mean the non modified version of a bow. Whats a prime?

Edit: NM reading wiki now sorta get it. Looks like really beyond just goofing off i should start aiming for dread. Is there any way to boost my chances of meeting /surviving stalker?

Edit 2: the post below is super helpful thank you

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 31, 2017

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ZeusCannon posted:

Ok so ive picked up that Prime doesnt just mean the non modified version of a bow. Whats a prime?

Primes are fancy, gold-plated versions of weapons and warframes. They have better stats than non-Prime versions.

For example, the difference between Paris Prime and Paris:

Higher base damage (100.0 vs. 90.0)
Lower Impact Impact damage (2.5 vs. 4.5)
Higher Puncture Puncture damage (80.0 vs. 72.0)
Higher Slash Slash damage (17.5 vs. 13.5)
Higher charge attack damage (200.0 vs. 180.0)
Higher critical chance (45% vs. 30%)
Higher status chance (20% vs. 10%)
Different polarities (Naramon Pol Madurai Pol vs. Naramon Pol)
Higher Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 0)

Primes become kind of like chase items, but some are super easy to get (Paris Prime is pretty easy).

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Also "gold-plated" was not a metaphor Primes always have fancy gold metallics that color nicely.

There's some ingame lore poo poo about how Primes are like orokin originals or some poo poo but I'll let someone who actually understands the lore of this game explain that.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

ZeusCannon posted:

Edit: NM reading wiki now sorta get it. Looks like really beyond just goofing off i should start aiming for dread. Is there any way to boost my chances of meeting /surviving stalker?

Stalker comes to murder you when you kill a boss, so you can get his attention by killing them.

Surviving him... kiting around helps and try not to rely on powers (he turns them off)

He becomes really trivial later on but is tough the first few times you meet him. If you run in groups often, you can often just rely on your pals to murder him for you.

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 31, 2017

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Most important thing with Stalker is finish Second Dream so you can get the anime laser. Shooting Stalker with the anime laser resets his damage resists, which means you can just chunk him with your high-damage weapon of choice. There's still some randomness involved because he hits like a truck.

Also he'll only reset your powers if he's affected by them, so sometimes you can get away with them anyway, like he generally won't knock Loki out of stealth unless you start shooting him from stealth.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 31, 2017

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Soothing Vapors posted:

Stalker comes to murder you when you kill a boss, so you can get his attention by killing them.

Surviving him... kiting around helps and try not to rely on powers (he turns them off)

He becomes really trivial later on but is tough the first few times you meet him. If you run in groups often, you can often just rely on your pals to murder him for you.

and pay attention to the difference between stalker and shadow stalker. shadow stalker will start showing up after a certain quest, and is a bit tougher. if you are with people who have completed that quest it might be him so pay attention.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

OneEightHundred posted:

Most important thing with Stalker is finish Second Dream so you can get the anime laser. Shooting Stalker with the anime laser resets his damage resists, which means you can just chunk him with your high-damage weapon of choice. There's still some randomness involved because he hits like a truck.

Also he'll only reset your powers if he's affected by them, so sometimes you can get away with them anyway, like he generally won't knock Loki out of stealth unless you start shooting him from stealth.

isnt that shadow stalker that you need to worry about increasing resists from?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Maybe spoil that?
But normal Stalker doesn't upgrade himself to Shadow Stalker and get the damage resist thing until after you begin that questline, so newbies don't have to worry about it.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

Also "gold-plated" was not a metaphor Primes always have fancy gold metallics that color nicely.

There's some ingame lore poo poo about how Primes are like orokin originals or some poo poo but I'll let someone who actually understands the lore of this game explain that.

Warning : superfulous rambling on a videogame lore ahead

Prime are Items crafted with Orokin technology. They can be original orokin desing from the Old War days or adaptations of new Tenno desing made with the Orokin process of crafting.

You see, Orokin craftmen did not sully their hands with crude metal or chemicals, they designed items as pure, perfect quantum equations dictating the arrangement of matter at the molecular level. Once the equation was designed you just had to feed it to a relic, bake it with enough void energy and "Voila", the relic would collapse the quantum superposition state of your desing equation and give you a perfectly crafted part out of raw energy. A regular foundry could then assemble the parts together for use.

At least that was the process during the Orokin Era.

For now since we where all trained to be killer machines instead of crafter we have to rely on the eqations made available for us by the Lotus. The ammount of different equations available from the Lotus databanks to insert into various type of relics is however limited, what remain of Luna being rather small, so older desing are sometime sent to the memory vault to make place for newer creations. With enough time and a Void Tower you could technically get the exact part out of a relic everytime but we lack the genetic information to take permanent control of the Orokin Towers, so we have to rely on void fissure and imperfect relic refining instead.

Thats how i see it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

As I see it, prime stuff is what we actually used during the old war, the way orokin designed it

While regular tenno stuff (frames and weapons) are what the lotus (and her network of agents) have kind of guesswork reconstructed from incomplete records

Kind of like if you have a bunch of dinosaur bones you can sort of figure out how it all goes back together, but you're still at a loss how the dinosaur really looked or maybe you don't have quite all the bones, etc.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

in WH40K terms primes are STPs, while everything else is what the imperium has bastardized.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
prime stuff is designed to separate you from your plat

regular stuff is designed to separate you from your free time as you grind MR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Berke Negri posted:

As I see it, prime stuff is what we actually used during the old war, the way orokin designed it

While regular tenno stuff (frames and weapons) are what the lotus (and her network of agents) have kind of guesswork reconstructed from incomplete records

That's what some of the Prime codex entries say.

quote:

Once thought lost to the ages, attempts to reengineer the Burston Prime never fully replicated this weapon's power and agility.

Because pretty much all technology that the Orokin used was genetically locked to a few individuals the fall of their empire took a lot of technology and knowledge with it. The regular Tenno stuff that you get in game are just attempts at recreating old technology. Then you run into something like Valkyr where even the Tenno copy was lost, so the Valkyr you get in game is a version reverse engineered by the Corpus based on the Tenno copy of the original Prime variant.