Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

What what this tweet? The account's been suspended and it's weird to see a chilean tweeter profile here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Always screenshot, people.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Always screenshot, people.

Like when a Jersey Shore cast member corrects your President.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Vinny never struck me as particularly stupid.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I need to know The Situation’s views on climate change.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

A little late for the season, but I just saw Christmas Evil for the first time and it was amazing. It's basically A Very Merry Taxi Driver Christmas.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

No, he just came across as someone who rolled with questionable people.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Egbert Souse posted:

A little late for the season, but I just saw Christmas Evil for the first time and it was amazing. It's basically A Very Merry Taxi Driver Christmas.

I give all the credit to John Waters for introducing me to it, and he described it as Taxi Driver in Drag.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just bought another 20 ebooks from the Verso year-end sale. One doesn't get the same satisfaction as having a big stack of books to shelve, but $1 a book is pretty good.

https://twitter.com/VINNYGUADAGNINO/status/946598497138237440

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Summer shore house kids go to private school, the Jersey Shore is rich as hell (and even richer now, post Sandy).

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just bought another 20 ebooks from the Verso year-end sale. One doesn't get the same satisfaction as having a big stack of books to shelve, but $1 a book is pretty good.

I was disappointed that some of the books I was looking at were paperback only, but yeah, that can't be beat.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I just spent like $120 on that Verso 50% off paperback sale, thats cheaper than most of the used prices

Also got a pull up bar for my door

PB&J for 2 weeks, worth it

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CineD Genchat, or the 120 Days of Sodom, and poo poo like that.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Shot context:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Popelmon posted:

I love that Craig Zobel put The Leftovers on his list. That show is the best thing I watched all year, seasons 2 & 3 are very, very special and everybody here should watch it.

The Leftovers is the second best TV show of all time. What's the first? Real Gen Chat hitters will know my answer...

Columbo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Only registered members can see post attachments!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

That reminds me: I, Tonya ends with that godawful Siouxie and the Banshees cover of The Passenger.

I have a bootleg where Iggy does that song with her and it still sucks

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Ok 99th movie of the year will be Bright, and the 100th and perhaps 101st of 2017 and/or 1st of 2018 will depend on my plane's movie selection. Wish me luck.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

*not an endorsement of Kingsman

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

*a hearty endorsement of Deer Hunter

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Is that Jan Michael Vincent in the top right quadrant

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ruddiger posted:

*a hearty endorsement of Deer Hunter

i haven't watched that movie in a long rear end time, it is so good tho

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Short of the Day
Fahrenheit 7-Eleven
https://vimeo.com/31791146
Warning: I'm kind of sick of doing this warning joke every time...I might not bother anymore, but who knows what the future will bring?

At Sundance in 2010 I saw a short film called Negativipeg which was about the bassist for the Guess Who getting his in the head with a beer bottle. It was amazing but other than two excerpts, has never been uploaded online....it still hasn't. While doing a search to see if it had I did come across this other short about the exact same thing. It isn't nearly as good but, y'know what, still pretty good so here it is.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hahah.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Is that Jan Michael Vincent in the top right quadrant

Are you unfamiliar with the television masterpiece known as "Airwolf"?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

glam rock hamhock posted:

Short of the Day
Fahrenheit 7-Eleven
https://vimeo.com/31791146

This is dope and bizarre

Punch Drunk Drewsky
Jul 22, 2008

No one can stop the movies.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

I'm putting together a list of good movies from this year that I missed. Does anyone have recommendations on stuff that didn't get enough loving attention or flew completely under the radar?

Buster's Mal Heart, Detour, and A Cure For Wellness off the top of my under the radar for love pile.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

This is dope and bizarre

I still wish I had the other one. It was the same story but done with all the weight and style of an Errol Morris doc.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

gently caress you guys for telling me about the verso sale, I'm never going to read all these books

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Davros1 posted:

My god, Airwolf!! I don't know when I last thought about it. Probably a good thing.

Regarding my list of films, I can't believe I forgot. The Death of Stalin! I thought it was brilliant, possibly top-tier. I wouldn't call it a comedy; more historical drama with heightened absurdity and some extremely dark humour.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

therattle posted:

Regarding my list of films, I can't believe I forgot. The Death of Stalin! I thought it was brilliant, possibly top-tier. I wouldn't call it a comedy; more historical drama with heightened absurdity and some extremely dark humour.
I can't believe that this doesn't have a US release date yet. It better not skip theaters and go straight to streaming!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I can't believe that this doesn't have a US release date yet. It better not skip theaters and go straight to streaming!

It's playing Sundance which is baffling to me

I also won't be able to see it there anyways

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Jenny Angel posted:

The Leftovers is the second best TV show of all time. What's the first? Real Gen Chat hitters will know my answer...

Columbo

I really should rewatch some Columbo, I used to love that show as a kid. Anyway, The Leftovers is the third greatest show of all time behind The Wire and The Sopranos.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vincent posted:

What what this tweet? The account's been suspended and it's weird to see a chilean tweeter profile here.

It was a screenshot of the "Men will also wear black at Golden Globes" headline followed by

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

It's really good. But don't expect an out-and-out comedy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

It's also technically a comic book movie since it's adapted from graphic novel

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Davros1 posted:

I'd seen random episodes as a kid but I never remembered this eyepatch guy so I figured it must've been from another Jan Michael Vincent show I'd never heard of

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Steve Yun posted:

I'd seen random episodes as a kid but I never remembered this eyepatch guy so I figured it must've been from another Jan Michael Vincent show I'd never heard of

And now I post the intro and theme....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULfmowbNlK0

Bellisario made so many great shows, like Quantum Leap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Ugnnnh fux wit me fam

• Locked thread