Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Stop projecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Preen Dog posted:

Hah, thank you! :tipshat: I'll work to someday approach that standard.

During the first month of the (second) Intifada, 141 Palestinians were killed and 5,984 were wounded while 12 Israelis were killed and 65 wounded. Wikipedia

No gimmick, just concerned. When Sharon visited the temple in 2000, the violence in the first two weeks was much greater than now. Either Palestine is getting weaker or the Israeli status of Jerusalem has largely been accepted (despite bellicose words). I understand that it might take some time for the organized militants to plan operations, but police and protester casualties are still very low. Despite having differences of opinion, surely we can agree that Jerusalem normalization is bad for the thread.

Maybe the best militants are still busy in Syria.

Could you refrain from commenting the situation like it's a blood sport for your entertainment?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Ahed Tamimi and her mother, Nariman, have been arrested, then.

Sickening.

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

Cat Mattress posted:

Could you refrain from commenting the situation like it's a blood sport for your entertainment?

Very well, but only text commentary. I reserve the right to make shops (PG-rated).

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Is that at an anti Netanyahu protest?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

That's so LF.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Anybody see this expose about the wheels within wheels within wheels in the Israeli government's proxy war against BDS?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
http://m.jpost.com/Israel-News/Netanyahu-Abbas-shows-no-interest-in-finding-solution-to-conflict-519894

what a mendacious oval office

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

This from the F**king Idiot who thought overthrowing Sadam would bring peace and stability to the Middle East.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

VideoGameVet posted:

This from the F**king Idiot who thought overthrowing Sadam would bring peace and stability to the Middle East.

I can guarantee you that he's very, very pleased with the consequences of Dubya's crusade.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Cat Mattress posted:

I can guarantee you that he's very, very pleased with the consequences of Dubya's crusade.

Chaos is job won?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Stay classy, Oren Hazan!

quote:

The Red Cross said on Monday Israel has a duty to guarantee the safety and dignity of Palestinian families visiting prisoners, after Likud MK Oren Hazan was filmed shouting abuse aboard a bus taking relatives to a family visit in an Israeli jail.

Hazan boarded the bus at the Gaza border with video crews in tow. He said on Twitter he told the relatives that the prisoners were "terrorists who belong in the ground." In a video clip on social media, he is seen shouting at one prisoner’s mother that her son was an "insect" and a "dog."

"An insect?" she yelled back. "My son is the best of men. A dog is whoever calls him a dog."

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Yep, Iran having more puppet states and a connection to Hezbollah sure is great for Israel

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

OctaMurk posted:

Yep, Iran having more puppet states and a connection to Hezbollah sure is great for Israel

Not to mention their ONLY MAJOR MILITARY RIVAL IN THE REGION becoming a de facto Shia ally.

And Bibi is supposed to be this super genius? Seriously??

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Interesting points, but have you considered the Illuminati?

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Bibi is terrible in most aspects, but the one thing he hasn't completely fumbled is leveraging Sunni fear of Iran to build ties to the rest of the region. He hasn't succeeded, because any smart leader would use this opportunity to sign a permanent peace deal on favorable terms. There also isn't long term stability in most of these Sunni states. I assume they'll largely have revolutions at some point, while Iran at least resembles a functioning society.

I don't think there's any "winning" these coming escalations between Saudi Arabia and Iran, except not to participate.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Interesting points, but have you considered the Illuminati?

Yes, in fact I've also heard that the Jews secretly control Israel

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

VideoGameVet posted:

Not to mention their ONLY MAJOR MILITARY RIVAL IN THE REGION becoming a de facto Shia ally.

And Bibi is supposed to be this super genius? Seriously??
Israel’s three closest allies are right wing governments that oppress their people (us, Egypt, and the Saudis).

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Israel’s three closest allies are right wing governments that oppress their people (us, Egypt, and the Saudis).

The Saudis are less subtle about this now.

The point is, Saddam was a counter to Iran. Now he's gone. Brilliant move there Bibi.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah, and Egypt, in particular, is only being kept afloat with essentially funding from the other two.

australiar
Dec 21, 2017

by Smythe
i control israel

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

australiar posted:

i control israel

Welcome, friend. What are your plans?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson/status/946687476504104961

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Naturally, the very first reply is an open call for ethnic cleansing against Palestinians.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/MissOginy/status/946690188675137536?s=17

i like how open to interpretation this one is

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

XMNN posted:

https://twitter.com/MissOginy/status/946690188675137536?s=17

i like how open to interpretation this one is

I think Rita is implying that Israel is the civilized and safer side. They have organized police, military, and an early warning and interceptor missile system that defends like a deity.

Palestinians are dying in the reprisals to these rocket attacks while simultaneously fighting amongst themselves to halt same rocket attacks (and failing).

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-may-be-fighting-a-losing-battle-to-stop-gaza-rocket-fire/

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Casting this as a fight of "savages" vs. "civilised" is the clearest admission that Israel is a colonial project supported by extremely racist people.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Preen Dog posted:

I think Rita is implying that Israel is the civilized and safer side. They have organized police, military, and an early warning and interceptor missile system that defends like a deity.

Palestinians are dying in the reprisals to these rocket attacks while simultaneously fighting amongst themselves to halt same rocket attacks (and failing).

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-may-be-fighting-a-losing-battle-to-stop-gaza-rocket-fire/

There was controversy a few years ago about an Islamophobe trying to buy signs on the New York subway saying a similar thing. I would imagine she's referencing that.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Preen Dog posted:

Oh, I know what she was trying to say, it's just that she didn't quote the thing badge of basra just posted properly so it reads like she would support israel whether they were civilised or savage

and possibly in any conflict between civilisation and savages, whether israel was involved or not

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Badger of Basra posted:

There was controversy a few years ago about an Islamophobe trying to buy signs on the New York subway saying a similar thing. I would imagine she's referencing that.

That campaign should have been illustrated to remind people what "the civilized man and the savage" historically meant.

In any war between the civilized man and the savage, the civilized man is a loving monster who deserves only death for his innumerable crimes.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jan 1, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if the palestinians are savages, israel made them that way.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Meanwhile, in the unending story of Breaking the Silence spokesman Dean Issacharoff calling the Israeli Justice Ministry's bluff and insisting that his claim about what he did during his service be properly investigated, new evidence might finally force them to proceed with the indictment.

australiar
Dec 21, 2017

by Smythe
civilisation is a poisonous lie and the whole concept must be discarded if we're to have any hope of surviving this millennium

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hey the people who are knocked back to the bronze age over and over again by a superpower backed government don't even have running water. Savages.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
interesting:-

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/947109492822564864

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tech corporation has few to no scruples

Shocking

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Tech corporation has few to no scruples

Shocking

Yeah. It's almost like the function of corporations is to do whatever it takes to make money and not to act like a charity.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

please knock Mom! posted:

Hey the people who are knocked back to the bronze age over and over again by a superpower backed government don't even have running water. Savages.

"they love sewage!" - benny shapiro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/jjz1600/status/947488941489475584

Stay classy, Israel lobby