Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Virtual Captain posted:

It was rumored that CIG was working on a trailer to appear in theaters but didn't finish in time for the new Star Wars, if there is a grain of truth to that we should be seeing a real kickass SQ42 prerendered video featuring Mark Hamill. They obviously need something new to sell to go along with that but what is it? I personally think mission CDs would be too predictable and please tell me CIG knows their backers don't give a crap about singleplayer missions.

My guess is they try to pull a rabbit out of the hat with a whole new game or something equally huge. You just gotta believe!

I'm just gonna leave this here but now could be a good time for Chris to archer "the force" for the verse.

In a freak twist of fate I did not actually call it and was wrong. It's ok to make bad guesses occasionally. There was no huge scope change but Mark's character was all over the demo thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Halfway to the Promised Land.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Virtual Captain posted:

In a freak twist of fate I did not actually call it and was wrong. It's ok to make bad guesses occasionally. There was no huge scope change but Mark's character was all over the demo thing.

No you're doing it wrong

You totally called tonks

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

thatguy posted:

We'll all die before that.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

thatguy posted:

More like...50.0075%

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

"Recruits" for the SQ42 mailing list are slowing down compared to the constant influx of UEE Citizens. This raises two questions:

1) Where did all the excitement go for BDAAASPSSE SQ42?

2) Who is making all the new RSI accounts every day?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
No-one plays this poo poo, yet they get hundreds of millions.

I get people throwing money away, but they don't even give it a go? They just throw the money away and then ignore it?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Sillybones posted:

No-one plays this poo poo, yet they get hundreds of millions.

I get people throwing money away, but they don't even give it a go? They just throw the money away and then ignore it?
It's called an investment, Chump, look it up.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

boviscopophobic posted:

"Recruits" for the SQ42 mailing list are slowing down compared to the constant influx of UEE Citizens. This raises two questions:

1)

2) I needed some alts

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Wise Learned Man posted:

Positioned in front of those windows and next to the monitors there, the plaid of Benny's shirt makes him look transparent.
Ironic, since there's nothing on Earth that could make real life Ben look transparent.

thatguy posted:

It's called an investment, Chump, look it up.
"For the last loving time, it's a donation!" exhorted Chris, to Coutt's lawyer.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Virtual Captain posted:

It was rumored that CIG was working on a trailer to appear in theaters but didn't finish in time for the new Star Wars...

poo poo. Think of how much higher the opening weekend numbers for TLJ would have been if they'd managed to get the SQ42 trailer finished in time.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

boviscopophobic posted:

The most entertaining things about the CIG customer base as it relates to SQ42 are:

A: Very few care about the single player game, in any way whatsoever. They do exist, but they're a minor fraction of CIG's economy.

B: The people who are majority interested in the single player game aren't going to spend a dime on buying ships, or any of that other bullshit.

Bonus: SQ42 is what Chris cares about the most, it's what all his directorial efforts are going into, and his 1,255 pages of script writing. Nobody cares, at all. Even the people who want the single player game don't give a poo poo about his script, or his mocap cutscenes.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

The most entertaining things about the CIG customer base as it relates to SQ42 are:

A: Very few care about the single player game, in any way whatsoever. They do exist, but they're a minor fraction of CIG's economy.

B: The people who are majority interested in the single player game aren't going to spend a dime on buying ships, or any of that other bullshit.

Bonus: SQ42 is what Chris cares about the most, it's what all his directorial efforts are going into, and his 1,255 pages of script writing. Nobody cares, at all. Even the people who want the single player game don't give a poo poo about his script, or his mocap cutscenes.

:same:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheAgent posted:

fyi from what I've been hearing in hushed tones, chris is loving livid with bootcha, beer and this entire thread

Truly a company in touch with its fans

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

XK posted:

Speaking of the script, were the lines in that SQ42 demo present in the leaked script?

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
I'm from the far off future of 2018 with an important message to the past: Star Citizen is bad.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

D_Smart posted:

PSA: Don't believe everything you read on the Internet http://lodgame.com/store/

Also, don't forget to call your parents and tell them you love them

I'm unironically appreciative of the reminder to call my Parents. I left some stuff at their place over Christmas.

Happy New Year Derek. May it be prosperous for you. You're all right.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

TheAgent posted:

theres a lot of benny in here

I hope Ben is animated like Stan from Monkey Island given his flat shirt plaid. A true master of ships.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

TheAgent posted:

fyi from what I've been hearing in hushed tones, chris is loving livid with bootcha, beer and this entire thread

although weirdly not upset with derek anymore, so uh

take that for what its worth I guess

Please tell us his reaction to the meager number of signups for the SQ42 mailing list. :allears:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Colostomy Bag posted:

Speaking of the script, were the lines in that SQ42 demo present in the leaked script?

I didn't personally verify, but, yes. A few were nearly directly quoting things out of the script which matched.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yep. I'm not sure where to find it, but during the live presentation someone found the next few lines between the pilot and Ser Davos while it was happening and posted it to the discord channel. It was pretty close to spot on, with a few small liberties taken by the actors of course.

Script confirmed.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bootcha posted:

I hope this video is everything you dreamed it would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJjQLz06ZGk

It is everything I dreamed of! Your voice did well with YouTube’s auto captioning on this video too, mostly sorta. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

although weirdly not upset with derek anymore, so uh

take that for what its worth I guess

That’s like an e-kick to the nuts for Derek.

Although now I think it’s time to join Star Citizen when there is peak hatred towards me/us. I’m buying a completionist pack right now. I think you all should join me on the other side! :allears:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

reddit posted:

How did rendering and calculating physics of every piece of cargo ever seen like a good idea?

Chris Roberts said (paraphrased) “players are doing these crazy things like blowing up a cargo ship over a planet,”

If you think it’s bad now, when Hull-E starts to fly it’s going to get worse. I think they should scrap the cargo system and just have a few large crate like object that act as a loot box (game inventory). Simple and doesn’t crash a server.

It’s not a bug, it’s as planned. They Filled a cargo ship with cargo (just as planned), which gets blown up in space combat (just as planned), that then drops hundreds or even thousands of objects (just as planned), which are physically simulated (just as planned)... ... and that brings the server to its knees. Well, duh! Where is the bug?

It’s just not a good idea in the slightest. Imagine on the massive cargo haulers or in multiplayer fights.

Cymelion posted:

Let me give you a little hint of the future - CIG is going to introduce more mechanics to the game and each time they're going to break the game in many different ways - CIG will then try and fix it so they don't break the game and if they absolutely can not fix it then they'll remove it and look for a replacement - removing a feature the second it breaks is pretty stupid when they've already come this far.

:thunk:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I wish a happy new year to everyone in this thread! Have a great 2018! May this shitshow go on forever!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/Dalladh/status/946705899565080576

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Don't forget they (want to) calculate the amount of loving gases in each room.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Chalks | February 1st, 2016 | Big MoMA’s House posted:

I'm really looking forward to Chris Roberts realising that everyone who could possibly give a poo poo about a single player Wing Commander remake have already bought into SC.
Who said dreams don’t come true? :yarg:

boviscopophobic posted:

XK posted:

I tried to warn Chris this would happen in my first and second February 2016 blogs. Others felt similarly and this was coming on the heels of a sustained blast of Squadron hype in the year end of 2015.

But once again, apparently the memos didn’t make it past our intrepid Thread Intern. Or if they did, it was stamped “F.U.D.” and viewed as part of the “anonymous hate campaign” instead of “These are soundly reasoned contrarian views Chris Roberts might be wise to entertain.”

G0RF fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 31, 2017

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

happyhippy posted:

Don't forget they (want to) calculate the amount of loving gases in each room.

Your crowd funding dollars argon

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/montoya_test/status/947235619637547013
https://twitter.com/SnailMailGames/status/947295625778888704
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/947391707703889920

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

XK posted:

I didn't personally verify, but, yes. A few were nearly directly quoting things out of the script which matched.

Natron posted:

Yep. I'm not sure where to find it, but during the live presentation someone found the next few lines between the pilot and Ser Davos while it was happening and posted it to the discord channel. It was pretty close to spot on, with a few small liberties taken by the actors of course.

Script confirmed.

Thanks commandos. o9

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

That has to be the BEMORE, the bestest most obvious rigging ever.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

loving disgusting.

A guy lost his life because of swatting bullshit, and they're standing on his grave talking about doxxing because crobbler made a video with his own kids.

Derek doxxed toddlers. Yeah, ok, sure. How do you doxx little babby toddlers, exactly?

Gross.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
kill all cops imo

on this page 3333

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I had no opinion before. But now, gently caress Montoya.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

If only they realized Polygon is pro-doxxing of guys in wheelchairs...

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

XK posted:

loving disgusting.

A guy lost his life because of swatting bullshit, and they're standing on his grave talking about doxxing because crobbler made a video with his own kids.

Derek doxxed toddlers. Yeah, ok, sure. How do you doxx little babby toddlers, exactly?

Gross.

But won't SOMEONE think of the children?! How will we indoctrinate them to the glory that is Star Citizen, if they get doxxed so early in their lives by Derek Shart?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think, taking a step back about this all, is that Chris is deathly afraid that some game is going to come out, and then when his gets released, SC/SQ42 is going to be compared NEGATIVELY to that game. Look at CoD:IW. Designed to move units for the MP experience, sure, but the single player plot probably had massive implications for what SQ42 would be. In his mind, he had to do better than that. I hesitate to include Elite in this given Braben and Roberts are on good terms with each other and have (in the past anyway) publicly supported each others efforts, but it's exactly what SC largely aspires to be.

One exists though as a playable form, the other does not.

Also, funding is drying up. Whales can help support things but you need the "casuals" to dump money, too. World of Tanks is printing money and now he wants in on that.

If I were Chris, I would have personally gone "we're doing SQ42 first, then we'll focus on SC". But of course his ego got in the way like it did with Freelancer and well, we all know what happened there.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Truga posted:

kill all cops imo

on this page 3333

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUlktXy3hVY&t=12400s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/946587052707065856