Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

skaboomizzy posted:

I think Illinois just fired their OC. Not sure what other jobs are open.

Missouri's, but it's almost certainly I'd be surprised if it didn't go to Jedd Fisch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Has Chip Kelly hired an OC yet?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

Has Chip Kelly hired an OC yet?

I don't think so but Canada wouldn't be a great fit with him

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Fully expecting Tech to be seeking a new OC, but it'll be an Air Raid OC.

Still would not be surprised if Sumlin winds up working for Kliff for a year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kayakyakr posted:

Fully expecting Tech to be seeking a new OC, but it'll be an Air Raid OC.

Still would not be surprised if Sumlin winds up working for Kliff for a year.

Harrell?

Sumlin was already on the list for some P5 jobs this year, I think he can sit a year out and get a decent job next year. Tech might be open, or every boiler fantasy of the last decade could finally come true if Brohm gets poached next off-season

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 28, 2017

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Chavis is coming to Fayetteville? Now that's a pleasant surprise.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/ZachHeilprin/status/946385664727240705

;)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

tactlessbastard posted:

He’s not very good anymore.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Leonard doesn't need a new DC job, he's already gonna be the Badger's HC in like three years when Chryst inevitably gets sick of Barry's bullshit

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's reporting that App State DC Nate Woody's going to be announced as Georgia Tech's new DC next week. I'm so ready for this, out of all the candidates for the job, he was my favorite. He runs an aggressive, blitz-heavy 3-4 defense, which is exactly what GT fans have been hoping for for years of watching lovely prevent defenses that put no pressure on the quarterback.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s not very good anymore.

Yeah, his defenses have been hit-or-miss at A&M. Decent to excellent pass rush (especially when he has a Myles Garrett and Daeshon Hall) which has a nasty penchant for overpursuit and getting punished by mediocre RBs and mobile QBs. DBs will generally put up video game numbers (think Armani Watts), but those mask problems with blown coverage and bad run D. Add to that poor tackling fundamentals and failure to adjust (see UCLA).

He was deeeeeefinitely a step up over Snyder, though. Watch the Missouri game from...2013, I think? and you’ll see just how much of an upgrade he was.

Who was Arky’s DC last year?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

No, he was definitely the problem. Canada’s offense wasn’t even bad, at least in the latter half of the year once he’d figured out how to work around the bad offensive line and lovely quarterbacks and figured out what he actually had at receiver.

Sounds like the problem is in the second half of this sentence.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Pakled posted:

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's reporting that App State DC Nate Woody's going to be announced as Georgia Tech's new DC next week. I'm so ready for this, out of all the candidates for the job, he was my favorite. He runs an aggressive, blitz-heavy 3-4 defense, which is exactly what GT fans have been hoping for for years of watching lovely prevent defenses that put no pressure on the quarterback.

Oh how quickly we forget Jon Tenuta.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Crotch Bat posted:

Oh how quickly we forget Jon Tenuta.

Oh god the Les Miles to Michigan with Tenuta as DC rumor made me so excited.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/BarstoolTenn/status/946408108271775745

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Regnevelc posted:

Sounds like the problem is in the second half of this sentence.

Well yea, but who do you think recruited and coached those dudes for most of their college career?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

The thing I read was that he was going to be the ST coach with some defensive responsibility. Don’t know much about the guy but does seem like a good hire

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/946462262620962816

rofl

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Joey Freshwater posted:

The thing I read was that he was going to be the ST coach with some defensive responsibility. Don’t know much about the guy but does seem like a good hire

He's going to be a really good hire. If he just gets like LBs, yall will be fine. He's an extremely good person who lives and breathes to help the kids do the right thing, and stopped his own thanksgiving break early to come in and give a recruit that just happened to be in FSU's neighborhood a tour. As long as he's not responsible for the entire defense, he will be an incredible asset.

Though, lol at Pruitt hiring him because Pruitt would call Kelly a poo poo coach and a pussy on the recruiting trail, so the rumors say

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

pillsburysoldier posted:

He's going to be a really good hire. If he just gets like LBs, yall will be fine. He's an extremely good person who lives and breathes to help the kids do the right thing, and stopped his own thanksgiving break early to come in and give a recruit that just happened to be in FSU's neighborhood a tour. As long as he's not responsible for the entire defense, he will be an incredible asset.

Though, lol at Pruitt hiring him because Pruitt would call Kelly a poo poo coach and a pussy on the recruiting trail, so the rumors say

Good to hear. Definitely not responsible for the entire defense. I’ve seen Special Teams and either LBs or CBs.

That said, Kevin Sherrer is the DC, Chris Rumph is the LBs coach and Terry Fair is the CBs coach, so I’m not sure how that would work or how much control Kelly would have over any aspect of the defense anyway

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Cnidario posted:

Who was Arky’s DC last year?

Robb Smith, who's now at Minnesota.

The teams off the top of my head that need OCs:

Rutgers
Missouri
Illinois
LSU
South Carolina
Syracuse
And it's rumored that Michigan is trying to get Fisch and or Enos on top of Hamilton, which is odd.

Rhett Lashlee from UConn, formerly Auburn, had a good 2017 given what he had to work with and is getting some play.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

LSU is probably just promoting their tight end coach to OC.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Oregon 247 board says helfrich is in play for Texas OC job. I'll believe that garbage when beck gets canned which should have been immediately after the game yesterday. Shed the dead weight and move on IMO

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

buddhanc posted:

Oregon 247 board says helfrich is in play for Texas OC job. I'll believe that garbage when beck gets canned which should have been immediately after the game yesterday. Shed the dead weight and move on IMO

I don't think this would be a totally bad hire. I think Helfrich is a pretty solid OC, just maybe needs some seasoning if he wants to be a head coach again.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

tactlessbastard posted:

There is no :lol: big enough

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
It couldn't possibly get any worse

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Kim Jong Il posted:

Robb Smith, who's now at Minnesota.

The teams off the top of my head that need OCs:

Rutgers
Missouri
Illinois
LSU
South Carolina
Syracuse
And it's rumored that Michigan is trying to get Fisch and or Enos on top of Hamilton, which is odd.

Rhett Lashlee from UConn, formerly Auburn, had a good 2017 given what he had to work with and is getting some play.

If Rhett Lashlee moves on, just fold the program. He’s all they got now.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Danny Langsdorf needs a job last I checked

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/946742762073755648

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

quote:

I was very disappointed when it was reported on several of the Duck Boards that while David Kelly has been on Oregon's payroll, all the while he has been recruiting for FSU. He was shown at the FSU Bowl yukking it up with Taggart recently.. If this is true Mullens and Knight have been getting played like a fiddle. If true he is a slime ball worse than Taggart.People laugh when I talk about criminal violations but this is out and out fraud and if I were Knight I would take Kelly to the cleaners. Taggart also as this smells to me like criminal conspiracy. I am beginning to have my doubts about Mullens competence

Someone call the feds

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pillsburysoldier posted:

Someone call the feds

:randpop:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Kim Jong Il posted:

There is a rumor that Greg Frey is leaving to go to his alma mater at FSU

If this were the case, Michigan would have plenty of room for an offensive coach.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Democrazy posted:

If Rhett Lashlee moves on, just fold the program. He’s all they got now.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't leave. Rutgers and South Carolina are supposed to have heavy interest.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

There is a rumor that Greg Frey is leaving to go to his alma mater at FSU

If this were the case, Michigan would have plenty of room for an offensive coach.

I think it's separate in that there's also the 10th assistant thing.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Texas Tech OC Eric Morris was hired as head coach at Incarnate Word which is an interesting hire for sure.

Sumlin and Canada are apparently on the "list", as well as Jake Spavital and Graham Harrell.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

What the gently caress is Incarnate Word

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

vyst posted:

What the gently caress is Incarnate Word

School that moved up to FCS a few years ago and was considering hiring Art Briles a week ago, so this is a good hire.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Hmm, who would be a good coach for our religious school's football team? I know, noted rape accomplice Art Briles!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I bet they are throwing a poo poo ton of money at him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Pakled posted:

Hmm, who would be a good coach for our religious school's football team? I know, noted rape accomplice Art Briles!

Worked for awhile for the previous religious school that hired him.

It's a good ol' boy network than anything.

• Locked thread