Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i hope the lions lose and Jim gets fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Same except the Packers and Capers

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I hope the Packers win and Capers gets fired regardless.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Best possible outcome:

Lions lose, Caldwell is fired, Packers D shuts out the Lions and Capers gets an extension.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
First person to quote this gets to pick an avatar for a poster of a rival NFC north team in this thread (myself included) and if Brett Hundley throws for over 250 passing yards I’ll buy it.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

First person to quote this gets to pick an avatar for a poster of a rival NFC north team in this thread (myself included) and if Brett Hundley throws for over 250 passing yards I’ll buy it.

Cool

If Hundley unleashes the dragon, buy Detroit_dogg an avatar of Aaron Rodgers smiling, with title text of your choice

Aaron Rodgers gay jokes deserve subtlety and not gauche redtext

Jen X fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 29, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Would a 49-49 tie get both guys fired?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Well the season's over but this is pretty funny at least:

https://twitter.com/TJLang70/status/946567599411941376

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I thought Lions fans were the most self-loathing football fans in existence, but apparently some people still read TMQ

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

tinstaach posted:

I thought Lions fans were the most self-loathing football fans in existence, but apparently some people still read TMQ

I generally read it for the non football bits

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I generally read it for the non football bits

This is arguably worse than reading it for the football bits, since at least his football thoughts are only 10-15 years out of date.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

tinstaach posted:

i was shocked to find out that it's still running

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I had a dream that my parents owned the Lions and I was giving advice on who to hire for head coach. I think we talked to Jay Gruden.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
welp

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/946750184146505728

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Well the season's over but this is pretty funny at least:

https://twitter.com/TJLang70/status/946567599411941376

The perfect ending. When I saw the thumbnail in my feed I laughed at the gaudy chair.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
the bears will hire rex ryan and vic fangio will join the packers

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Im holding out hope that their new DC wants to switch back to 4-3.

Though this is significantly more likely with the Bears then GB.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

He gone

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

thank you, lord, satan, for this new years miracle

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fire the special teams guy while we're at it.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

hahahahahahaha

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/LLamorandier/status/947549441728401410

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

A new years Eve disaster.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

In which the Lions sweep the Packers for the first time since 1991, and have back to back winning seasons for the first time since 1994 and 1995, but it's all for naught because they poo poo the bed against a horrendous Cincy team last Sunday.

Lions.txt, the story of my life.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bye Jim!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Gonz posted:

In which the Lions sweep the Packers for the first time since 1991, and have back to back winning seasons for the first time since 1994 and 1995, but it's all for naught because they poo poo the bed against a horrendous Cincy team last Sunday.

Lions.txt, the story of my life.

I said it before but being a Lions fan is saying "I can't believe it!" when deep down you 100% knew it was coming.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

C-Euro posted:

I said it before but being a Lions fan is saying "I can't believe it!" when deep down you 100% knew it was coming.

My Stockholm syndrome is crippling and eternal.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lions went 5-1 in the division this year. They had to do really really bad in the rest of their schedule to manage this.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

On the one hand, 9-7 is a little better than I was expecting at the start of the year. But that record is inflated by the Brett Hundley Packers. That loving Bengals game.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DavidHaugh/status/947579780777553921

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Double Christmas this year! :woop:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/Krauserrific/status/947575269312815104

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Looking like it's not gonna matter that the Lions lost last week.

But that 10 second runoff still looms rather large. :/

MJeff fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 1, 2018

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

VJeff posted:

Looking like it's not gonna matter that the Lions lost last week.

But that 10 second runoff still looms rather large. :/

Throw that one on the list of rules that have screwed the Lions and then been reviewed/revised the following off-season. Feels like it happens once a season.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Going to go out on a limb and say Lions vs Patriots is going to be the Thanksgiving game, and of course that would be when I've scheduled in my next trip to Detroit

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The Vikes have a lot of stats that make you "Well that's impressive" a first round bye and what would seem to be a clear road to a home Superbowl and I can't help wondering how it's all going to go bad.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
they’ll lose if they can’t get the play action working for them, cause those are the key plays for them to sustain longer drives and score more regularly. offense in general has felt a bit lacking since Carolina, though some of that seems to be a matter of a touchdown being enough to win the last few weeks.

but in general, i like their chances. Vikings defense at home is pretty special.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Darth Brooks posted:

The Vikes have a lot of stats that make you "Well that's impressive" a first round bye and what would seem to be a clear road to a home Superbowl and I can't help wondering how it's all going to go bad.

you shut your whore mouth

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I love this team and the defense is clicking but man, I worry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/str8_cash_homey/status/947583461031788544

• Locked thread