Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Post your 2018 trump predictions.
mushroomcloud.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I predict Trump will be racist.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Wasn't sure where to look so I will ask here:

What is going on in Puerto Rico? I googled it and just got a bunch of stuff from October. Have things gotten back to normal there yet?

According to my two Puerto Rican coworkers with family still there, no it's not. The situation is somewhat stabilized but something like half the island is in the planning or execution stages of moving to the mainland because they have no faith in the federal government to address the issues on the island.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Smeef posted:

40% still don't have electricity.

Ugh. That's disgusting.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

bird cooch posted:

That's the question of 2018.

That and when is the housing bubble going to pop again.

God drat, I hope it pops so I can buy a house.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Chadderbox posted:

According to my two Puerto Rican coworkers with family still there, no it's not. The situation is somewhat stabilized but something like half the island is in the planning or execution stages of moving to the mainland because they have no faith in the federal government to address the issues on the island.
They are correct.

I have a Trump supporting co-worker who has had to take care of some of her family from PR thanks to this rear end in a top hat. I hope she's happy.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Chadderbox posted:

What states are they primarily moving to? Besides Florida, obviously

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Glumslinger posted:

florida and new york, generally

florida is the better state, a few hundred thousand pissed off puerto ricans voting in the midterms and 2020 general should help tip things

e: florida is a pretty poo poo state, i mean, a better state int erms of political impact

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Glumslinger posted:

Ohio, pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Vladimir Putin posted:

Ohio, pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.

Please please please please please....

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...y-a8136276.html

I don't know why people are making such a big loving deal about this. Everyone claims its breaking news, but it's the same old horse poo poo we've heard time and time again

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

boner confessor posted:

florida is the better state, a few hundred thousand pissed off puerto ricans voting in the midterms and 2020 general should help tip things

e: florida is a pretty poo poo state, i mean, a better state int erms of political impact

Yep, Trump won it by only about 110,000 votes in the general, so there is real potential for a flip there.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Willo567 posted:

I don't know why people are making such a big loving deal about this. Everyone claims its breaking news, but it's the same old horse poo poo we've heard time and time again

Because Kim and Trump believe in the same theory of PR

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Willo567 posted:

Article posted 2 minutes ago.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Southern Florida was the only place they mentioned to me, but boner confessor is probably right that NYC is the other big destination given the existing large population. If you load the following page/section and sort by the middle population column, I'd guess it would be a pretty accurate predictor of where they're moving: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Ricans_in_the_United_States#Population_by_state

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
texas also i would guess. basically anywhere with a large extant spanish speaking population and/or puerto rican community. i strongly doubt large groups of puerto ricans are moving to the snow belt in winter

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Soooo has infrastructure week is off to a great start

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Post your 2018 trump predictions.

He gets into a shouting match with the king or prime minister of Norway. Probably over penguins. (Real answer - electric cars or oil)

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Ague Proof posted:

Article posted 2 minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/947631618809835520
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/947631874381418496
https://twitter.com/YonhapNews/status/947631626762063874

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Go for it I don’t give a poo poo.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hail Satan!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Again, I don't think we should worry so much about this

It's Trump I'm scared of

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Bring it on you fat gently caress.

(Dublin is well outside their missile radius :smug: )

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Honestly the two fat fucks should settle this like real fat fucks: KFC eating contest.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Just thinking about Trump hearing about this makes me dread what the new year will bring

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BabyFur Denny posted:

Why do you have 30 mph zones for your trains lol.

It was a sharp curve crossing a bridge over a major freeway, near a junction with another trunk line

I know, weird

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Unfortunately for you the earth is a globe.

Now admittedly Dublin isn't all that high on their target selection.

farraday fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 1, 2018

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Do it. Doit! Start this new poo poo year off right.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Trump could end the year dropping a bomb on North Korea. Think of the ratings!!! Yoooge success!!!

Happy new year world. :smug:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Does anyone think that this will lead to a per-emptive strike from Trump, or will it be the same old poo poo as before

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

DRRRAAINAGE!!!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technology-42510868?__twitter_impression=true

quote:

Germany starts enforcing hate speech law

Germany is set to start enforcing a law that demands social media sites move quickly to remove hate speech, fake news and illegal material.

Sites that do not remove "obviously illegal" posts could face fines of up to 50m euro (£44.3m).

The law gives the networks 24 hours to act after they have been told about law-breaking material.

Social networks and media sites with more than two million members will fall under the law's provisions.

Facebook, Twitter and YouTube will be the law's main focus but it is also likely to be applied to Reddit, Tumblr and Russian social network VK. Other sites such as Vimeo and Flickr could also be caught up in its provisions.

Act faster
The Netzwerkdurchsetzungsgesetz (NetzDG) law was passed at the end of June 2017 and came into force in early October.

The social networks were given until the end of 2017 to prepare themselves for the arrival of NetzDG.

The call to police social media sites more effectively arose after several high-profile cases in which fake news and racist material was being spread via the German arms of prominent social media firms.

Germany's justice ministry said it would make forms available on its site, which concerned citizens could use to report content that violates NetzDG or has not been taken down in time.

As well as forcing social media firms to act quickly, NetzDG requires them to put in place a comprehensive complaints structure so that posts can quickly be reported to staff.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Willo567 posted:

Does anyone think that this will lead to a per-emptive strike from Trump, or will it be the same old poo poo as before

Lindsay Graham just popped a huge boner.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

farraday posted:

Now admittedly Dublin isn't all that high on their target selection.

I know about the polar approach, but I didn't know the range had extended that far :smith:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I DON’T HAVE A NUKE BUTTON ON MY DESK. HOW COME I DON’T HAVE A NUKE BUTTON ON MY DESK?

*orders Diet Coke*

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

boner confessor posted:

FL is also the state with rednecks standing outside voting sites with guns to check for illegalz/non whites boting and cops not doing anything.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

I DON’T HAVE A NUKE BUTTON ON MY DESK. HOW COME I DON’T HAVE A NUKE BUTTON ON MY DESK?

*orders Diet Coke*

It is a far superior button

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Willo567 posted:

Just thinking about Trump hearing about this makes me dread what the new year will bring

Just lie back and think of England. It'll be over quick.

Willo567 posted:

In all seriousness I think the US will strike NK in 2018. Perhaps it will escalate to a full blown war and perhaps it won't, it's going to happen though.

Edit: Adding http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/31/politics/north-korea-trump-mullen-graham/index.html

It looks like Admiral Mullen is over the idea that diplomacy is going to work.

Spergin Morlock fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 1, 2018

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

PhazonLink posted:

FL is also the state with rednecks standing outside voting sites with guns to check for illegalz/non whites boting and cops not doing anything.

Depends on the county/municipality really. I give Chris Nocco poo poo when he deserves it but in 2016 I personally saw a couple of those guys run off by Pasco county deputies. Polk on the other hand...

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

farraday posted:

Debatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Choke on your cheeseburgers. Drown in your golden toilet. May the accusing demons in your head become flesh.

I HATE YOU.

• Locked thread