Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

rjmccall posted:

I have three months to not regret the Niners completing the Quest for Six Wins.

I bought the new avatar at just the right time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Does Garoppolo need a new deal? Thought I heard his rookie contract expires after this year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Mods plz pin "DONT FORGET ABOUT THE FRANCHISE TAG" to the top of every pg thx

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
The cards had terrible injuries to critical positions and still went 8-8 somehow, and they dropped multiple winnable games like HOU, DET, WAS. Imagine if this lovely offense made the playoffs.

Of course, everyone is retiring and they dropped out of Good QB Draft Range so gently caress

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

About that offense though... draft the ND guard in the first, get a good RB, and hire a new offensive coordinator.

He is long gone by the time Seahawks get their pick, unfortunately. But that would be the dream.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Happy New Years, NFC Besties.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mllaneza posted:

I was hoping for 5 wins and some bright spots on the roster. I would have been ecstatic to get that. Now I'm just plain hype as gently caress for next season.

:getin:

:same:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
All NFC West fans must cheer for the Rams in the playoffs tia

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The Rams bitch

I'm terrified of the Falcons :ohdear:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

The Rams bitch

I'm terrified of the Falcons :ohdear:

......why???

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

*puts on Jim Everett jersey*

seriously though I have a Jim Everett jersey, it rules

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Hoping for a Rams/Bills Superbowl please and thanks

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I think I’ve run out of capacity of rooting for L.A.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Nick Rivers posted:

*puts on Jim Everett jersey*

seriously though I have a Jim Everett jersey, it rules

Chris Everett?

*Gets punched*

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/01/james-bettcher-arizona-cardinals-head-coach-candidate

interesting...

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/947893332218298368

Sorry Cards fans. Good luck finding "the next McVay," like all the other teams.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Step up, Coach Bettcher as the Cardinals’ new coach!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

DariusLikewise posted:

Sorry, I have to go with the Bills. If the Rams end up against the Steelers or Pats, then I'll cheer for them.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams are like fourth in my priority. They'd probably be higher if they cut that bitch Countess.

Edit:

Related,

https://twitter.com/Rob_Lowder/status/947899349178003456

(Eshmont is the team's highest award)

Quise also won the Garry Niver award (from the local media) and was the team's choice for the Ed Block award (NFL award for courage and sportsmanship). gently caress Blake Countess forever.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 1, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I still have bitter memories from mid 2000s Rams and the Jeff Fisher era Rams for being cheap shotting assholes (that we apparently absorbed the essence of this year when he retired). That's a tough sell.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/947881397225525249

lol, dr larry...

https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/947894983117307904

please god get him on MNF with a swear button like kevin garnett

SourKraut posted:

Step up, Coach Bettcher as the Cardinals’ new coach!

i'd be fine with him. the cards could stand to stay the same on defense and jettison all the old guys arians had with him

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spoeank posted:

Mods plz pin "DONT FORGET ABOUT THE FRANCHISE TAG" to the top of every pg thx

Wait, is that seriously the plan? He's going to want a deal. Ask Washington how well franchising your QB goes.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I feel like Jimmy G should get a Matt Flynn-esque deal. Probably higher value than what Seattle gave em.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

shirts and skins posted:

Wait, is that seriously the plan? He's going to want a deal. Ask Washington how well franchising your QB goes.

It's the backup plan. The "we can't agree on a number after only six games" contingency that the team can use if they have to.

You know, the reason every post saying the Patriots are going to get him back to replace Brady after all, lol 49ers!!!! is stupid.

seiferguy posted:

I feel like Jimmy G should get a Matt Flynn-esque deal. Probably higher value than what Seattle gave em.

He'll probably get something close to Carr money.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Of course. I doubt he heads back to NE with their situation. If he keeps playing well he won't be cheap for long, though. With how good he's looked SF may want to lock him up ASAP, else they run the risk that his stick will keep rising on short term deals. Going to be an interesting negotiation. Of course, having Shanahan helps out SF a lot in this area.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the 49ers can eat the tag cost for a year and there's nowhere near the animosity like washington and cousins seem to have

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hifi posted:

the 49ers can eat the tag cost for a year and there's nowhere near the animosity like washington and cousins seem to have

Part of the washington/cousins break stems from RG3 being their choice over him. Also Snyder. It's a lot more than just a single tag year at issue, and really isn't a good (possible) basis for comparison at all.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
We start with the tag but people are like "great work trading a second to display him for free agency idiots" over and over and over and over and over.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

We start with the tag but people are like "great work trading a second to display him for free agency idiots" over and over and over and over and over.

Football fans People are dumb.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

Coldforge posted:

Part of the washington/cousins break stems from RG3 being their choice over him. Also Snyder. It's a lot more than just a single tag year at issue, and really isn't a good (possible) basis for comparison at all.

Yeah, Cousins seems to think he can get better money elsewhere. That may or may not be true. The Redskins do not have a very deep bench so yah the qb can pretty much run the table if he wants to. That can make for a fun team that is effective. I should probably at least mention that the Minnesota Vikings are the #2 seed based on the strength of their offensive line & defensive line, not their QB, so, you know, different strokes for different folks I guess.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...m=.6ef10edb7e74

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

This is the gosh darn wrong result, dangit

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/947922400041193472

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Feed Blair Walsh to Mt Rainier

https://www.facebook.com/events/161483574614051/

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I freshened up the OP a little with the regular season done. This was definitely a power-balance-shift type of year in the division.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seattle's UFAs:

Jimmy Graham
Luke Joeckel
Eddie Lacy
Sheldon Richardson
Bradley McDougald
Luke Willson
Michael Wilhoite
Paul Richardson
Blair Walsh
Marcus Smith
Oday Aboushi
Matt Tobin
Terence Garvin
Austin Davis
Byron Maxwell

That's... a lot of significant players.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
There's gonna be a culling in Seattle, isn't there?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Now that the Seahawks aren't in the playoffs, I guess it's time to give in to evil and buy a TB12 jersey. I figure the maximum amount of suffering for the rest of the NFL would be yet another Patriots championship.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy posted:

Seattle's UFAs:

49ers:

QB Jimmy Garoppolo (lol, yes)
RB Carlos Hyde (probably not coming back: not a great system fit. Great for an inside zone/gap team)
WR Louis Murphy (not: old)
TE Logan Paulsen (not: old)
OT Garry Gilliam (maybe: depth)
OG Brandon Fusco (maybe: depth)
C Daniel Kilgore (probably: decent, and the OC FA market is threadbare)
C Tim Barnes (not: bad)
DE Cassius Marsh (probably: no clear starter at LEO right now)
DE Tank Carradine (maybe: depth)
DE Aaron Lynch (probably not: fat)
DE Leger Douzable (probably not: old)
DT Chris Jones (maybe: depth)
LB Brock Coyle (probably)
CB Asa Jackson (maybe: depth)
CB Dontae Johnson (probably not: bad)
CB Leon Hall (not: old)
SS Eric Reid (I hope so, but :shrug:)
S Antone Exum (probably not: unnecessary depth)

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 2, 2018

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Seattle's UFAs:

Jimmy Graham
Luke Joeckel
Eddie Lacy
Sheldon Richardson
Bradley McDougald
Luke Willson
Michael Wilhoite
Paul Richardson
Blair Walsh
Marcus Smith
Oday Aboushi
Matt Tobin
Terence Garvin
Austin Davis
Byron Maxwell

That's... a lot of significant players.

And Jimmy Graham!

You can actually let a lot of those people go and hire the o-line they've needed for the past three years.

Or failing all that the Seahawks could start looking at tape instead of using the first half to learn what the other team is going to do (blow past the o-line).

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
:peanut: :peanut: :peanut: the san francisco 49ers did not fire their head coach for the first time in three years :peanut: :peanut: :peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Nervous posted:

Now that the Seahawks aren't in the playoffs, I guess it's time to give in to evil and buy a TB12 jersey. I figure the maximum amount of suffering for the rest of the NFL would be yet another Patriots championship.

:mrwhite:

• Locked thread