Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, GameraMan, oath (1) Bones Deep One for the month of December:

gameraMan fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath Baldur the Stonesoul by Privateer press for the month of December.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for December 2017 one 28mm Lt. Col. Morrison by Hasslefree miniatures

Oath Update!

I additionally oath one Captain Nee Sun, Lt Weisser, Sgt. Rowland, Private de la Fuente, and Private Chapman. All are 28mm Hasslefree miniatures.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Booley posted:

Oath Complete

Jurnal for the dead tyranid on the base he's stepping on

This is awesome.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

One Elf with fancy base for Da Jurnal

One Bastion I started ages ago and have Rescued

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Floppychop posted:

I, Floppychop, oath to paint this set of holiday themed mouse dudes from Reaper.

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of December two Shaltari Voidgates, a Shaltari Fleet Carrier, and a Shaltari Mothership by Hawk Wargames TTCombat.

The Moon Monster posted:

I, The Moon Monster, pledge to paint 3x Alt Ice Gamin and 1 Alt Snowstorm by Wyrd games for the month of December

I meant to paint the entire box for July but they had some production problems which delayed shipping by 3 weeks and I just got them. Might add some more if I finish these.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for December 2017 one 28mm Lt. Col. Morrison by Hasslefree miniatures

gameraMan posted:

I, GameraMan, oath (1) Bones Deep One for the month of December:

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath Baldur the Stonesoul by Privateer press for the month of December.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oath Update!

I additionally oath one Captain Nee Sun, Lt Weisser, Sgt. Rowland, Private de la Fuente, and Private Chapman. All are 28mm Hasslefree miniatures.

Approved!

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE
And straining the limits of my tiny lightbox

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath this Mammoth for December.
(Privateer Press, Hordes, 120mm base)

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo oath one "Vonsalay, Half Orc Wizard", 28mm by Reaper miniatures. Just one because, December is a busy month!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oath Complete!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

I did Rescue Ranger and A Faithful Replica with Leoric of the Book.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

The Shaltari fleet is begun at last!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I can't remember if I posted this Oath Addition of an XWing base or not:

But, despite the onslaught of the dreaded Influenza, Oaths Complete!

Crappy cellphone picture of my BaghMari:

And for my XWing bases, the Journal and a Recipe for Success!

Using my airbrush, pull back a little bit on the needle before lightly spraying, so it sends flecks of paint shooting forward

Coat of black paint (I should have gone thicker on this one, but no big deal)

Use some CA glue, stick a big-ol fender washer in there.

When that's cured, layer in some PVA to ensure the bastard stays put

And now you've got a glorious little starfield base, heavy enough to keep your models from slipping, and perfect to attach to magnetic sheeting!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Oath Complete

I oathed one squad of Blood Angels Devastators and one Onager Dunecrawler.

Update: ran (literally) into town and picked up some Valhallan Blizzard, so the Dunecrawler is finished after all. It claims Back to base-ics with its basing pipe and some of the resin bits from the ancient 40k Basing Kit.

The Blood Angels are All in it together.

Living Image fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 31, 2017

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!

Jurnul for the basing on the guy here

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

I tried the baking soda and PVA glue snow method. I might have to get some actual snow flock next time...

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete
I'm happy with the scarecrow and minde eater, but Nightslip is a great example of the limitations of both the Bones material, and my own painting ability.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Back to Base-ics for the extra-effort busy bases, I'm really happy with how they turned out.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! A quick and nice orc wizard lady, her face came out a little blotchy, but I'll chalk it up to a little bit of orcish puberty.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

:catdrugs: Oath Complete! :catdrugs:

I am claiming the Back to Base-ics for his extra-size and detailed base, including the Grey Seer foolish enough to cross the Prophet of Sotek! In hindsight I maybe should have saved him for February, but oh well. :v:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete!

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
Oath Complete!

Claiming journal for the bases. I've used spak filler, texture paints and a base coat, ink and highlight combo.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath Complete!

These knickers-wearin' Brits are clearly All in it together. Just not in a David Cameron sense, one would hope.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath Complete!

Avatar and Zerat, with fancy bases for the month's challenge

Alephs, my Rescue Ranger submission.

Aristos!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Happy New Year, Oath Thread! Also, Oath Complete!

I'm going with the snowy base for the Jurnal this month. (Also, I have got to find a better way to photograph the gems; they're so much more brilliant irl and something about my light kit is washing them completely out, especially the red ones.)

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
Oath complete!

Really need a better photo setup but here goes...

Would like to claim Back to Base-ics for the marine themed base (mostly built up of green stuff)

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Kinda hard to see in the picture, but I used p3 Morrow White and Frostbite to get an icy base look for the jurnal

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

In hindsight should have gone with the collectors edition with the metal minis, as the plastics are very mushy in detail.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

For the Basing Challenge, the little one has a custom base with slates, skulls and a revolting spider.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jan 1, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:tinsley: Oath complete! :tinsley:

I was going to base these for the challenge, but it turns out today I'm suffering from an acute hangover :barf:

It's not just this photo which is fuzzy around the edges right now

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Happy new year folks! December is officially over! I'll be catching up with the thread shortly, but until then, on to January.

quote:

January - Remember to show your workings
Take at least three Work in Progress shots of your figure, not counting your initial Oath and final Completion pictures. Each picture should show some progression. If you take a lot of pictures, show three in the completion post and include the rest in an Imgur gallery or similar linked from the post.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'll kick off the month.

I, Floppychop, oath to paint an Emperor's Champion by Games Workshop

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo oath one "Vonsalay, Half Orc Wizard", 28mm by Reaper miniatures. Just one because, December is a busy month!

Signal posted:

I can't remember if I posted this Oath Addition of an XWing base or not:

But, despite the onslaught of the dreaded Influenza, Oaths Complete!

Crappy cellphone picture of my BaghMari:

And for my XWing bases, the Journal and a Recipe for Success!

Using my airbrush, pull back a little bit on the needle before lightly spraying, so it sends flecks of paint shooting forward

Coat of black paint (I should have gone thicker on this one, but no big deal)

Use some CA glue, stick a big-ol fender washer in there.

When that's cured, layer in some PVA to ensure the bastard stays put

And now you've got a glorious little starfield base, heavy enough to keep your models from slipping, and perfect to attach to magnetic sheeting!

Approved (for December)

Floppychop posted:

I'll kick off the month.

I, Floppychop, oath to paint an Emperor's Champion by Games Workshop

Also Approved!

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
For a number of reasons I failed my December Oath, though I did get a lot of painting done. That said, I will redeem myself in January.

I, Bonds0097, oath to paint the following models, 35mm, by Knight Models:

• Batman
  • Arkham Guard w/ Assault Rifle
  • 4x Blackgate Prisoners

And a bunch of resin bases for everyone of course.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for January 2018...

Our starting Gloomhaven party: Brute, Tinkerer, Mindthief and Cragheart. 32mm(?), Cephalofair Games.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for January one Viking Bear, from Cartoon Miniatures (50mm)

Lovely (kickstarted) sculpt, hopefully I can do it justice.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January, 10 Matsudan, 1 Refbot and 1 Rush marker for Dreadball. All 28mm by Mantic Games.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I've never actually done this before but one of my goals for the year is to get a bunch of painting done.

I Pendent oath 1 Games Workshop Redemptor Dreadnought for the month of January, 2018.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath these for January

Tyrant Commander (40mm), Standard Bearer (30mm) and an Agonizer (30mm) - the last (?) of my Skorne for Privateer Press’s Warmahordes.

• Locked thread