Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Edit your UI through the in-game interface editor. As mentioned there are some limitations on the number of bars you can have based on subscription status. Preferred status get 4 out of the full 6, in practice that's more than enough unless you're being excessively fancy with setting up an action priority queue HUD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Depending on your status (F2P, Preferred, Sub) you can have from 2 up to 6 Toolbars, and they can be shrunken/hidden.

I think you have to enable them in the Interface Editor as well.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Once you have an action in the action bar you can directly bind a key action to it as well.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I can honestly say SWTOR has the best "dress-up" system of any MMO I have played. WoW's is absolute garbage. Been playing ESO lately and its cosmetic gear is meh... got it's pros and cons. Better dye system, but otherwise mostly inferior.

SWG begs to differ. The only thing that consumed more of my time than playing dress up for a bunch of characters as Tailor was decorating my houses.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

I liked the Shadow of Revan storyline mostly because before it was released they made Revan a poo poo level 35 flashpoint boss when he deserved to be more.

Also you had to run both an imp and pub character to see the whole story

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

And if you did the Imp side first you were spoiled on the pub side's reveal.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

SWG begs to differ. The only thing that consumed more of my time than playing dress up for a bunch of characters as Tailor was decorating my houses.

There were so many ways I could arrange and display my bofa treats and maroj melons. :allears:

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

SWG was definitely ahead of its time in many regards.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

How have class adjustments been going since I left when sage healing was nerfed? Seems like all the other healing got nerfed too?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Logged back in after a long break, and I have 13.5K Cartel Coins thanks to my authenticator and old referrals, some of which are still paying dividends.

What's the best thing to spend them on? Should I go hog wild and get a hypercrate?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Devorum posted:

Logged back in after a long break, and I have 13.5K Cartel Coins thanks to my authenticator and old referrals, some of which are still paying dividends.

What's the best thing to spend them on? Should I go hog wild and get a hypercrate?

I might buy a Hypercrate and flip it on the GTN if you need credits, don't buy it expecting to get great things from it. :)

There are a lot of perks you can get that make the game easier, more worth it than a Hypergate.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I thought the cxp boosts were the thing to liquidate?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

I thought the cxp boosts were the thing to liquidate?

They took a hard crash when they started being included with CXP packs, and the ones from the command token vendor went from limited to Tier 2 to no limit.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Playing this game and want to at least see all the story stuff before I burn out. Couple questions

What are the lowest-effort professions

Can I level as a sith warrior tank since I think using only one lightsaber looks cooler

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

big cummers ONLY posted:

Playing this game and want to at least see all the story stuff before I burn out. Couple questions

What are the lowest-effort professions

Can I level as a sith warrior tank since I think using only one lightsaber looks cooler

I agree that one lightsaber looks cooler. Leveling is piss easy in this game as long as you set your companion on heals. I also highly recommend engaging with the PvP, its good exp and I think its a lot of fun. Tanks and healers tend to perform better in PvP, where outlasting your opponent is key.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

For leveling, you can do whatever the hell you want at this point in the game's cycle. All companions can be set to heal mode and as long as you aren't trying to punch 10 levels above your weight or pull entire maps, you will never die. Tank is fine for this, the DPS specs for juggernaut are also perfectly viable. Just do what looks cool

slicing is a low effort profession. You find Boxes in the wild, you click on them, they give you money, you don't have to sell anything. I don't know how much money you get out of its mission skills at this point in the game, but there used to be money in that, too

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It's been a really long time since I mentioned this... speaking of companions healing...

The best move you can make with a healing companion in this game is to toggle off their channeled crowd control stun thing immediately. They all have one, and it's never useful. It's just time and energy they don't spend healing you or fighting, and they're not very smart about picking targets, and in some cases it can end up mucking up your strategy.

Usually doesn't matter these days since companions are overpowered and everything is pretty easy, but if you're doing anything challenging with your companion out, their wasted effort with that stun can really slow you down.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

What is a good combination of skills to run with slicing?

Past three characters I ran DPS with DPS companion that I set to heals for like 2 fights maybe? Game is EZ mode now.

Level 70 at Ilum owns. Always be skipping Makeb.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
While Makeb does suck on replays, I never pass on the opportunity to kill Hutts.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I do scavenging and bioanalysis, most non human enemies can be skill ups for that. Havent yet tried selling the mats though.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I was thinking of bioanalysis/archaeology since its my sith tomb raider and my immersion

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I think tonight I'm gonna try and take advantage of the double valor for as many hours as I can stay awake, since Valor 80-100 achievements are some of the few I don't have (downside to playing alts instead of focusing, I have about 12 characters at Valor 60).

Would be cool to have some goon PvP fun, where I can angrily yell into Discord "STOP THE loving CAP" rather than just yelling into a screen.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

I think tonight I'm gonna try and take advantage of the double valor for as many hours as I can stay awake, since Valor 80-100 achievements are some of the few I don't have (downside to playing alts instead of focusing, I have about 12 characters at Valor 60).

Would be cool to have some goon PvP fun, where I can angrily yell into Discord "STOP THE loving CAP" rather than just yelling into a screen.

I'm down.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Speaking of PvP hit 38,200 Objective points on a Yavin match tonight. I've never seen higher but of course the PrnScn key bugs out.

I've got a ss at 30,000 but I know that's not a record since a friend hit 32,000 in the same match. :v:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Speaking of PvP hit 38,200 Objective points on a Yavin match tonight. I've never seen higher but of course the PrnScn key bugs out.

I've got a ss at 30,000 but I know that's not a record since a friend hit 32,000 in the same match. :v:

That's impressive. Of course since all Yavin records are wiped clean every match it's gone forever. :)

Goon PvP was fun last night! We won most of our matches until Turbl left us, and then we did okay for a few. Particularly impressive was the arena where 3 goons died and one brave Operative had to 2 on 1 a remaining tank and DPS. Fortunately the tank was really bad. :)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
ive been leveling my dudes to 70 while cranking out levels on remaining stories I havent done and now I realize with Command crap there is even more stuff for me to hoard :(

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

That's impressive. Of course since all Yavin records are wiped clean every match it's gone forever. :)

Goon PvP was fun last night! We won most of our matches until Turbl left us, and then we did okay for a few. Particularly impressive was the arena where 3 goons died and one brave Operative had to 2 on 1 a remaining tank and DPS. Fortunately the tank was really bad. :)

Seconding this. We should get a regular group going. I can do after 9 PM most nights and pretty much anytime on the weekend.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

THen I joined and we squeeked a win then lost two in a row and called it quits.

Didn't get any conquest points for that either :argh: BIOWARE :argh:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

THen I joined and we squeeked a win then lost two in a row and called it quits.

Didn't get any conquest points for that either :argh: BIOWARE :argh:

You get 500 points for every match, an and additional 1000 if you win, whatcho talkin about.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

You get 500 points for every match, an and additional 1000 if you win, whatcho talkin about.

Figured it out. Lock outs are legacy-wide, whereas conquest points are per character. This is dumb.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I started some pvp matches for the first time in a long time in SWTOR, and I like how my shadow gets close to a sniper and then they roll away while rooting me and dropping a fire bomb. I get out of it and catch back up to them and they roll away and leave behind another fire bomb. I take it melee just shouldn't bother with them?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

I started some pvp matches for the first time in a long time in SWTOR, and I like how my shadow gets close to a sniper and then they roll away while rooting me and dropping a fire bomb. I get out of it and catch back up to them and they roll away and leave behind another fire bomb. I take it melee just shouldn't bother with them?

Yes Sniper is a hard counter to Sins and Juggs. DPS Sins rely on CC which a smart Sniper is immune to the majority of time, Snipers do a lot of weapon damage that'll bypass your best DCD in Shroud, and they can spam roots/slows faster than you can counter, especially Engineering which is the spec you're describing.

A good Fury Mara will eat a Sniper alive.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

I am the expert of bomb defusing.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I really wanna play juggernaut or marauder but I get the grass is greener syndrome every time. On one hand, a lightsaber. But then on the other, a lightsaber also. The tanking in PvP part seems co though. I might just make a new guy again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yes Sniper is a hard counter to Sins and Juggs. DPS Sins rely on CC which a smart Sniper is immune to the majority of time, Snipers do a lot of weapon damage that'll bypass your best DCD in Shroud, and they can spam roots/slows faster than you can counter, especially Engineering which is the spec you're describing.

A good Fury Mara will eat a Sniper alive.

Snipers are in such a really good position in PvP right now. Their cover immunity utilities are frustrating as hell. Which is good I suppose, since they had a good long stretch of shittiness.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

FaintlyQuaint posted:

I am the expert of bomb defusing.

Haha nice...having a hard time processing a team good enough to get that many plants but not stop defusings.

Medullah posted:

Snipers are in such a really good position in PvP right now. Their cover immunity utilities are frustrating as hell. Which is good I suppose, since they had a good long stretch of shittiness.

Snipers are a tactical AC that requires tactics to beat. Unfortunately most DPS are face-tanking tunneling baddies who think running in a straight line towards a Sniper is a viable strategy.

Snipers do have their weakness though...no real self-heals and lots of casts. DoT 'em up and go hide. Madness, IO, and Lethality are hard counters. On my Corruption Sorc I always cast Affliction on any and all Snipers on the opposing team. They're relatively immobile as well so they can be separated out fairly easily.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I've put together a list of all the short stories and story-like blogs that have been posted on the main SWTOR site. For those who don't know, the SWTOR writers sometimes write little short stories that serve as flavor for current or upcoming content and post them on the main site. The problem is that as far as I know there's no specific place on their site to go back and read them all at, you have to sift through all the other news posts to find them. So I made a list containing the links to them since I think a lot of them are pretty cool and newer players might not have seen them.

I've split them into 3 categories: Companion articles, which include little developer blogs about all of the classes first companions (minus Qyzen and Khem Val) and the blogs about the GSF companions. Then the main short stories. Then what I consider to be summaries or informational blogs that are written in an in-character way.

Companion Blogs

Kaliyo Djannis

Kira Carsen

Vette

Aric Jorgan

Mako

Corso Riggs

Imperial GSF Companions

Republic GSF Companions

Short Stories

The Search for Oricon - Log written by Jonas Balkar, takes place prior to Oricon missions

Lana Beniko's Journal: Darth Arkous - Written by Lana, takes place just prior to Depths of Manaan FP

Surface Details - Written by a Selkath on Manaan with appearances from Theron and Lana, takes place just prior to Depths of Manaan FP

Wanted: Dead and Dismantled - About Jakarro and C2-D4

Remnants - About a smuggler on Rakata Prime

Bedtime on Concordia - About Mandalorians telling stories of Shae Vizla

The Price of Power - About Darth Marr and Darth Lachris, just prior to when Lachris took over Balmorra

One Night in the Dealer's Den - About Theron Shan and Jonas Balkar after the events of Yavin 4

The Final Trial - About Lana Beniko during her time as an acolyte on Korriban

Regrets - About Theron Shan and Jace Malcom after the events of Yavin 4

The Sixth Line: Part One - About the Sixth Line prior to Ziost

The Sixth Line: Part Two

Vacation - About Nico Okarr

Brothers - About Arcann and Thexan during their invasion of the Core Worlds

A Mother's Hope - About Senya and Vaylin between KOTFE and KOTET

Trading Scars - About Umbarans, takes place just prior to Crisis on Umbara FP

Chasing Copero - About Theron Shan just prior to A Traitor among the Chiss FP

Storyish Blogs

SIS Intel Report: Makeb Locations - Summary of important locations on Makeb from Theron Shan

Imperial Intelligence Report: Makeb Persons of Interest - Summary of important people on Makeb from Lurker

Facilities: Take a Virtual Tour - Tour of Czerka's CZ-198 locations

A Letter from Special Executive Rasmus Blys - Letter from CZ-198 boss

Work with Pride. Work with Czerka. - Czerka corporation recruitment thing

CZ-198 and the State of Czerka Corporation - Another letter from Rasmus Blys

CZ-198 - Meet the Staff - CZ-198 persons of interest

Baron Deathmark Interview 1 - About PvP stuff

Baron Deathmark Interview 2

A Record of the Dread Masters - A summary of the Dread Masters activities written by Gnost-Dural

Baron Deathmark Interview 3

Imperial Edict GR-1NC4 - Funny blog about Life Day stuff

RE: Kuat Drive Yards - Logs from the Shroud that set-up Kuat Drive Yards story

State of the Galaxy - Summary of the state of the galaxy post Oricon and Kuat but prior to Forged Alliances written by the Shroud

Since KOTOR: Manaan - Summary of the history of Manaan post-KOTOR written by Shuuru

The Revanites' Ascendance - About the Revanites, written by the Shroud

Rishi: Places of Interest - About important locations on Rishi

Raider's Cove: Persons of Interest - About important people on Rishi written by Crysta Markon

Go Big, Go Small, Go Nowhere - Kai Zykken's April Fools blog

Also I made another story flow chart because I wanted it to look nicer

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Awesome I didn't know a lot of these existed. Appreciate the effort.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Awesome, Turbl. Added it to the MISCELLANEOUS placeholder post on the first page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Turbl posted:

Also I made another story flow chart because I wanted it to look nicer

Why'd you stop marking the Dark Masters storyline? Without that I wouldn't have learned that clearing Scum and Villainy affected a cutscene on Oricon.