Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The Rat posted:

I was legit disappointed when they removed this music from the ready screen on WOTC.

WHAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Wait what, you haven't played WOTC yet?

Everything else about it is phenomenal; that music change was my one main gripe.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I bought it before I headed to sea but haven't touched it yet. I'll finish up my playthrough of xcom 2 vanilla before I hit it

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

You haven't finished vanilla XCOM 2 yet?

How?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It's my third playthrough dude

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Oh ok that makes more sense :downs:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Build the guerilla tactics school as soon as you can. I would say it should be your first choice. Start getting the squad size upgrades

The GTS is a trap early on. Advanced Warfare Center is probably the most important first building since it dramatically cuts down on your training time. Expansion wise, Resistance Ring > Infirmary > GTS is a pretty safe bet.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Build the guerilla tactics school as soon as you can. I would say it should be your first choice. Start getting the squad size upgrades

Bolow posted:

The GTS is a trap early on. Advanced Warfare Center is probably the most important first building since it dramatically cuts down on your training time. Expansion wise, Resistance Ring > Infirmary > GTS is a pretty safe bet.

Oh good, conflicting advice to make me more insecure in the grueling murderfest that is XCOM, can you guys agree on what I need to do to not suck? :downs:

Jokes aside, spent 40 minutes on the first loving non-tutorial mission, failed twice (once through the generator spectacularly blowing up and disintegrating my squad, once by having a truck that I was using for cover blow up with the same result), and already had no less than three :xcom: moments.

Goddamnit, this game.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
loving do or die boyo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Grognan posted:

loving do or die boyo

Just watch out for all those fake goons

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Wtf is a resistance ring? Is that part of the expansion?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wtf is a resistance ring? Is that part of the expansion?

it's the goatman's wedding ring.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

orange juche posted:

it's the goatman's wedding ring.

Lies. There's no resistance there.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

https://adequateman.deadspin.com/what-horrible-things-did-we-do-to-our-penises-last-year-1821430697

quote:

PLACED METAL RING AROUND PENIS FOR STIMULATION. NOW UNABLE TO REMOVE. LACERATION TO PENIS WHEN USING ELECTRIC TOOL TO CUT OFF, UNSUCCESSFUL

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Pro click

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

quote:

HEAVY PILE OF CDS FELL ON PENIS

Edit:

quote:

PENIS CAUGHT IN FOOSBALL TABLE

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

quote:

SWIMMING IN POOL, TRIED TO “KICK OFF” WALL, KICKED SELF IN TESTICLE

The physics of this movement are mind boggling.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

quote:

PENIS CAUGHT IN FOOSBALL TABLE

I have so many questions.

quote:

BLOOD FROM PENIS AFTER BEING SQUEEZED BY ELASTIC WAIST OF PANTS

Congrats on being the first person in history to gently caress up ye olde boner tuck!

quote:

SUSTAINED GENITAL EDEMA AFTER PLACING A PIECE OF PVC PIPE ON HIS PENIS BEFORE AN ORGY SIX DAYS AGO

My dad is a now-retired ER doc. One of his favorite stories from working an ER in San Francisco during the early 1980s involves a guy who came in, walking hunched over in pain. He’s quiet about why he came in until they get him in an examination room, where he drops trou and reveals that he had put his dick in a PVC pipe that curved 90 degrees. Naturally, he got hard and got stuck, and couldn’t free himself after TWO DAYS so he came to the ER.

Dunno if they managed to save that bent, black and purple abomination, but holy poo poo. I’ve never had the courage to ask my dad if he has any stories about people who came in after “slipping in the shower and landing on top of the _________.”

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

orange juche posted:

The physics of this movement are mind boggling.

I'm going to assume it was in a flip turn

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Spent an hour playing Dusk and got to the second episode today. That game is dope, especially if you turn up the pixelization setting. It genuinely feels like a lost old school FPS, which is something a lot of indie FPS games try for and don't even remotely reach.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Finally playing the new wolfenstein. Great loving game.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Started playing Marathon series again.
Liking certain parts of it (the level maps, the enemy designs, the motion tracker, the terminal info-dumps), the other stuff aged extremely badly.
Extremely close to giving up on the playthrough, and will just read all the terminal info-dump logs from bungie's marathon page.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Liking certain parts of it (the level maps, the enemy designs, the motion tracker, the terminal info-dumps), the other stuff aged extremely badly.
Extremely close to giving up on the playthrough, and will just read all the terminal info-dump logs from bungie's marathon page.

That's all I do with it now. I don't think anything else would age very well.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

There is a new fighting game coming out at the end of January that looks pretty cool. I don't know anything about Dragonball but the Dragonball Fighterz gameplay looks fast as gently caress.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

I can’t play the original anymore, but Durandal and Infinity are still pretty playable. It’s no Doom, but is better than most of the other 2.5D shooters.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I can’t play the original anymore, but Durandal and Infinity are still pretty playable. It’s no Doom, but is better than most of the other 2.5D shooters.

I think my favorite part of the whole thing is the story. I don't think I've ever played a shooter or even an RPG with a story so involved and wonderful.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I think my favorite part of the whole thing is the story. I don't think I've ever played a shooter or even an RPG with a story so involved and wonderful.

Durandal is a great character, but can you even imagine someone voicing his insanity?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Durandal is a great character, but can you even imagine someone voicing his insanity?

God no. I wouldn't want any of the AI's to be voiced.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's great when done right. The Polito form is dead, insect.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

God no. I wouldn't want any of the AI's to be voiced.

Thinking about it the only way I can see it working is like a HAL 9000 type voice. Utterly calm and implacable, but it's been done before. I don't think Durandal would lend itself well to the screaming, babbling type of insanity, and all of the bizarre error-type messages wouldn't work at all in voice anyway

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Thanks for all the feedback about Marathon series.
Reading the terminal info dumps, rooting for rampant AI's.

My favorite bungie series is still Myth.
Halo was fun, Marathon is dated, Destiny is nothing I care about.
Something about Myth's real-time strategy + no bases + zombies before they were hipster-cool + that physics engine.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is free on PSN right now.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks for all the feedback about Marathon series.
Reading the terminal info dumps, rooting for rampant AI's.

My favorite bungie series is still Myth.
Halo was fun, Marathon is dated, Destiny is nothing I care about.
Something about Myth's real-time strategy + no bases + zombies before they were hipster-cool + that physics engine.

Is there anywhere one can get the Myth games?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, this poo poo is getting me pumped in the game. My first reaction was "Ho-hum, a little overdramatic for assembling gear and fitting out soldiers, isn't it?", and after a few seconds, I went all :patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

I think I'm going to look up some strategy guide for basic advice before continuing. I recall loading up a huge burden in the first game by making some bad decisions early in the game.

Also I just want to come back to this post because yes that music is insanely cheesy but it somehow just loving works. Gonna bag me some x-rays :clint:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yo boy be too fierce for the pink?

- Nah, he ain't all that, but...drat.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

There is a new fighting game coming out at the end of January that looks pretty cool. I don't know anything about Dragonball but the Dragonball Fighterz gameplay looks fast as gently caress.

most of the fighting game community is waiting for it

it's very good. it's made by the guys who do Guilty Gear Xrd, which is p. much the best team right now doing fighting games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LRFxs1BEFk

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Is there anywhere one can get the Myth games?

Stalk ebay for copies of Myth: the complete codex (i did this) or save time/money/willpower and check out Project Magma(i also did this).
http://projectmagma.net/downloads/

It's similar in scope to the Mechwarrior: Living Legends community or the OpenMW project.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh hey, I've figured out XCOM 2

"don't ever get soldiers injured lol"

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That's Jagged Alliance talk, not XCOM.
JA series has consumable first aid/doctor bags, which can utterly bone you, just like all other things in Jagged Alliance series.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
So are we upgrading to Calutron Tycoon 2018, or we're trying to get the platinum trophy on this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

abuse the living gently caress out of your sniper's longsight mechanism