Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Lmao I can't believe people are still doing this

https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/947144388114653184

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

The main name now appearing as Houston's next OC is noted enemy of Rutgers athletics Drew Mehringer. :barf:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/27TBuck/status/947534805113147392

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Yes please!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Does the TT OC actually do anything or just take Kliff's marching orders?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Kliff calls the plays I think but you'd still be working with and learning from arguably the best OC in the country. The track record of guys from that tree as OCs is pretty great.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Agreed, but Kyle loving Whittingham? The heck?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Colts may hire Shaw.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Korranus posted:

The main name now appearing as Houston's next OC is noted enemy of Rutgers athletics Drew Mehringer. :barf:

The one thing I'll give him is that 2016 was impossible to evaluate. They had as pure I-formation personnel as you could possibly have, and he tried to implement the Hermann offense full go at the start. It was an unmitigated disaster. Who knows if that was him being inflexible, or Ash just deciding to punt on the year anyway.

Maybe it wouldn't be so terrible if he actually had the personnel? But seriously, gently caress that guy.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

100 years from now when the world is a smoking crater and roving bands of mutants toss human skulls around in the wasteland, Jim Harbaugh and Kirk Ferentz will be linked with every mutant league job

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Crotch Bat posted:

Colts may hire Shaw.
Would be a good get for the Colts but you have to pull him away from his alma mater, where he's a living god, and that school has dumptrucks of money and realistically we don't exactly know what he's paid anyway.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Mutant League Football was a good game

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

kayakyakr posted:

Texas Tech OC Eric Morris was hired as head coach at Incarnate Word which is an interesting hire for sure.

Sumlin and Canada are apparently on the "list", as well as Jake Spavital and Graham Harrell.

System continuity and all that, but Kliff hiring Harrell would be the most redundant hiring of all time

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Would be a good get for the Colts but you have to pull him away from his alma mater, where he's a living god, and that school has dumptrucks of money and realistically we don't exactly know what he's paid anyway.

Everything I've read about him says his endpoint is NFL HC and the chance to coach Luck is going to appeal a lot to him. The alumni part is the only thing keeping Stanford in it, the money is irrelevant I think. Eventually he'll go up, the question is when but the situation with the Colts is perfect for him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Crotch Bat posted:

Everything I've read about him says his endpoint is NFL HC and the chance to coach Luck is going to appeal a lot to him. The alumni part is the only thing keeping Stanford in it, the money is irrelevant I think. Eventually he'll go up, the question is when but the situation with the Colts is perfect for him.

Harbaugh is absolutely the kind of guy who thinks winning a super bowl is the pinnacle of coaching yeah.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

This tweet will sustain me no matter what 2018 brings

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Next year will literally be his 20th at Iowa. The rumors of him leaving for the NFL are now almost old enough to drive a car. And yet somehow it still happens every season, even when we're terrible. The NFL is amazing.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Plus Ferentz would be dumb to leave at this point even if offered. Dude has a really high paying job for life, he's not going to leave that to get chewed up and spit out after 2-3 years in the NFL.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ferentz to the nfl solely because he's tired of getting owned by the northwestern wild cat

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Grittybeard posted:

School that moved up to FCS a few years ago and was considering hiring Art Briles a week ago, so this is a good hire.

It wasn't considering it so much as Red McCombs trying to force it on them, from my understanding.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

MourningView posted:

Next year will literally be his 20th at Iowa. The rumors of him leaving for the NFL are now almost old enough to drive a car. And yet somehow it still happens every season, even when we're terrible. The NFL is amazing.

It's funny that the same thing happened with Stoops. Every year people listed him as a candidate and to my knowledge he never interviewed for one (and also was on Spurrier's coaching staff at UF and knows exactly how that went for him).

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

an adult beverage posted:

Plus Ferentz would be dumb to leave at this point even if offered. Dude has a really high paying job for life, he's not going to leave that to get chewed up and spit out after 2-3 years in the NFL.

Yes but he could get paid for being mediocre with the Giants too

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

It's funny that the same thing happened with Stoops. Every year people listed him as a candidate and to my knowledge he never interviewed for one (and also was on Spurrier's coaching staff at UF and knows exactly how that went for him).

Ferentz actually almost took the Jags job in 03 or 04 (whenever they hired Del Rio) but then he got his first big contract with Iowa and he hasn't even been close to leaving since.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

When does Ferentz get his pension

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

KKKLIP ART posted:

When does Ferentz get his pension

He earned it by keeping Ohio State out of the playoff, IMHO.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Will suck dicks for a new head coach & AD

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

System continuity and all that, but Kliff hiring Harrell would be the most redundant hiring of all time

The thought is that the next hire could call plays, depending on who it is. If Kliff brings in someone like Canada, Longo, or Spavital, they'd probably take playcalling duties. If Sumlin is the guy, then he'd probably do more recruiting/assoc HC duties. Harrell is a ?.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Why would Canada go there, given his background as a pro style guy?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Is Harbaugh on the hot seat in 2018? It's hard to see better than another 4th place finish in the East. Michigan State is rebounding and OSU and PSU are a two horse race for the conference championship at this point.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I don't think he'll be on the hot seat for a while.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Komet posted:

Is Harbaugh on the hot seat in 2018? It's hard to see better than another 4th place finish in the East. Michigan State is rebounding and OSU and PSU are a two horse race for the conference championship at this point.

Lol come on

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

harbaugh won't be fired, the question is whether or not he will spontaneously combust

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Komet posted:

If the Shea Patterson transfer goes through, Michigan will be the favorite imo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol if you think michigan is ever threatening a MICHIGAN MAN's job if he does anything short of murdering a kid, and even that would only make it questionable.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

He was about to get a literal lifetime contract

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
We are all of a year removed from Michigan beating Penn State by 40 but yeah 2 team race.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Well I'll check back in the 2018 thread in 12 months and another 7-8 win season wherein Michigan fails to beat Ohio State and every other ranked team on their schedule.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Rhythmic checking

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Rhythmic checking

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU