Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Super vague but it was over 15 years since I saw it, a movie in which 'someone' takes a radio to a radio expert hiding in a room accessible by opening a secret door using a coat hook. Could have been set around WW2, it was not the movie starting Robin Williams.
There may also have been the line "don't call me brother"

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Vier posted:

Super vague but it was over 15 years since I saw it, a movie in which 'someone' takes a radio to a radio expert hiding in a room accessible by opening a secret door using a coat hook. Could have been set around WW2, it was not the movie starting Robin Williams.

Any ideas?

Prob not it but there is a scene in Book of Eli where he takes a radio to be fixed to a merchant.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Nope, its way older than a book of eli.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Vier posted:

Any ideas?

The Year of Living Dangerously?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just happened to remember some movies I saw as a kid, and one was some live-action Stranger Danger type thing on VHS. The main character was some sort of alien or something, he ate goldfish out of a bowl (despite one of his parents offering him an egg every morning, though he took it in the end after being rescued from a kidnapper or whatever) and he had a "zapper" on his wrist that could teleport him out of danger. I have no idea why I just remembered it but in retrospect it was weird as heck, and I think a lot of it was only tangentially related to the "don't go with strangers" message it was meant to get across. I think I saw it at least twenty years ago. Maybe a bit more or less, since I'm twenty-six and was pretty young when I saw it.

Does anyone else remember this?

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 11, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Roland Jones posted:

I just happened to remember some movies I saw as a kid, and one was some live-action Stranger Danger type thing on VHS. The main character was some sort of alien or something, he ate goldfish out of a bowl (despite one of his parents offering him an egg every morning, though he took it in the end after being rescued from a kidnapper or whatever) and he had a "zapper" on his wrist that could teleport him out of danger. I have no idea why I just remembered it but in retrospect it was weird as heck, and I think a lot of it was only tangentially related to the "don't go with strangers" message it was meant to get across. I think I saw it at least twenty years ago. Maybe a bit more or less, since I'm twenty-six and was pretty young when I saw it.

Does anyone else remember this?

Red Letter Media reviewed it at some point, I'm pretty sure.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR66RCdoApo

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Dec 11, 2017

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Red Letter Media reviewed it at some point, I'm pretty sure.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR66RCdoApo

Thank you, that's it. The moment I clicked that and saw "Street Smart" the theme song and such partially came back to me.

Edit: Oh holy poo poo there's a moment in this where a guy totally tries to molest the alien kid in a bush while happy music plays. What the hell.

Edit again: There are a lot of molesters in this. This all went over my head as a kid, wow. Who thought this was a good idea?

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 11, 2017

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Vier posted:

Any ideas?

E: that's what I get for skimming, whoops

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Vier posted:

Any ideas?

Are you not mixing two scenes of The Rocketeer together? Jenny wakes up in Neville Sinclair's house before he knows she's awake and finds a secret door to a hidden radio room connected to Germany. Later in the movie after Eddie Valentine learns of Neville being a secret agent, Eddie tells Neville something similar like "I don't work for no two-bit nazi."

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Polka_Rapper posted:

I thought that at first, but there aren't any dogfights in that film and the plan wasn't to drop the nukes on anything.

Bit of Googling suggests this. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101897/
Thank you, that's it! Don't know how I missed it in Google results.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got one that's been killing me.

Somewhere between 94-99 probably, I watched it on Sundance channel and I'm pretty sure it was newish.
All I really remember is that a 17ish year old boy starts loving his mom. They are pretty disturbed. I think it was just a hosed up drama, not a horror movie or anything. I don't remember any of the people being famous, but I didn't know a ton of character actors back then.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

ButtWolf posted:

Somewhere between 94-99 probably, I watched it on Sundance channel and I'm pretty sure it was newish.
All I really remember is that a 17ish year old boy starts loving his mom. They are pretty disturbed. I think it was just a hosed up drama, not a horror movie or anything. I don't remember any of the people being famous, but I didn't know a ton of character actors back then.

Maybe Luna?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

codyclarke posted:

Maybe Luna?

Nah that's too old. It's 90s for sure.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

ButtWolf posted:

Spanking the Monkey?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Origami Dali posted:

Spanking the Monkey?

Winner! God that was killing me. I see that I know two of those actors now.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

Are you not mixing two scenes of The Rocketeer together? Jenny wakes up in Neville Sinclair's house before he knows she's awake and finds a secret door to a hidden radio room connected to Germany. Later in the movie after Eddie Valentine learns of Neville being a secret agent, Eddie tells Neville something similar like "I don't work for no two-bit nazi."

Let me see if I can track down a copy and see :)

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

"I never met a monster I didn't like"

Anyone know where this footage is from ? Used here as a fan video for a Coil song. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KppRw7yxf1A

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

ElectricBlizzard posted:

Anyone know where this footage is from ? Used here as a fan video for a Coil song. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KppRw7yxf1A

if it's a fan video, can't you just ask the guy?

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

"I never met a monster I didn't like"

ladron posted:

if it's a fan video, can't you just ask the guy?

People have asked in the comments of the video to no reply, i've also sent a message in the past but it seems the account is abandoned

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

ElectricBlizzard posted:

People have asked in the comments of the video to no reply, i've also sent a message in the past but it seems the account is abandoned
Between the guy filming the scene on an iPad and the people running in with fire extinguishers it looks like it might be behind the scenes footage, if that helps narrow it down at all.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Can anyone help me identify what movie this is from? NSFW https://i.imgur.com/SHf2uQH.mp4 NSFW

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 19, 2017

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Kvlt! posted:

Can anyone help me identify what movie this is from? NSFW https://i.imgur.com/SHf2uQH.mp4 NSFW

After googling "roasted baby" more times than I wanted to, it seems to point towards the movie 1988 Witchery. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchery_(film)

I have no way of verifying that however.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Polka_Rapper posted:

After googling "roasted baby" more times than I wanted to, it seems to point towards the movie 1988 Witchery. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchery_(film)

I have no way of verifying that however.

I'm watching that movie right now and there's no way that scene is from it. There's a roast baby scene in Witchery, and it does seem to be a pretty funny disasterpiece, but it's not the movie that clips from.

Edit: lol you're trying to trick people into seeing this aren't you?

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 20, 2017

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Drunkboxer posted:

I'm watching that movie right now and there's no way that scene is from it. There's a roast baby scene in Witchery, and it does seem to be a pretty funny disasterpiece, but it's not the movie that clips from.

Edit: lol you're trying to trick people into seeing this aren't you?

No, I was actually going off a Rotten Tomatoes review that I found. Guess I was wrong.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Kvlt! posted:

Cross-posting this from the horror thread:

Neo Rasa posted:

Sorry I missed this, this is from a 1982 German movie called Der Zauberg, it's about a guy who goes to an island sanitarium to see his brother and then a lot of philosophical conversations happen amid a hallucination or two like the one in the that gif. IIRC it was released in the US as Magical Mountain or The Magic Mountain or something. The full thing is like four hours long.

EDIT: Here you go:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084946/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The scene in the gif happens about a minute into this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTs3hXSjas4

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Torquemada posted:

Two movies I saw when I was a kid, placing them somewhere from the 70's to the early 80's, I have a vivid imagination, so some of this poo poo may be wrong or made up.

The first was a cartoon movie about a young elephant that maybe gets orphaned, there was maybe an evil vizier-type dude as the villain who gets his comeuppance at the end, and it seemed to last about 4 hours, and seemed to have fairly ornate drawings.

I’m in bed with a cold-flu thing, so I did my homework: this was ‘Hugo The Hippo’, from Hungary in 1975. Really un-pc, blood and terror and massively psychedelic visuals, plus songs from Burl Ives and the loving Osmonds. No wonder my generation are so hosed up.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
Does anybody have a clue what movie / TV show is being sampled at the beginning of this lovely goregrind song? Someone asked about it on another forum and now it's driving me crazy. The actor sounds so familiar that I know I'm going to kick myself for not knowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk3cia43iZU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

MachineryNoise posted:

Does anybody have a clue what movie / TV show is being sampled at the beginning of this lovely goregrind song? Someone asked about it on another forum and now it's driving me crazy. The actor sounds so familiar that I know I'm going to kick myself for not knowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk3cia43iZU

The actor kinda sounds like David Caradine.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I've recently been thinking about a film that I watched in the early 2000s. It had a late 80s early 90s look to it. The main thing I remember about it is that the finale took place in a mirror world inside a dark lighthouse. I also remember a man, a boy and the boy's evil doppelgänger. It kind of had a Stephen King vibe, but I don't think it's an adaptation.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

And More posted:

I've recently been thinking about a film that I watched in the early 2000s. It had a late 80s early 90s look to it. The main thing I remember about it is that the finale took place in a mirror world inside a dark lighthouse. I also remember a man, a boy and the boy's evil doppelgänger. It kind of had a Stephen King vibe, but I don't think it's an adaptation.

maybe Paperhouse?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

sponges posted:

i dunno sounds more like keith carradine to me

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

codyclarke posted:

maybe Paperhouse?

Yeah, that's it. Thank you! I think I confused it with House of Cards from 1993, which is why I couldn't find it. :doh:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Maybe you could help me with another movie I've been trying to find. I saw this one in the 90s. It's probably from the 50s, and I believe it's in black and white. I remember a scene inside some sort mill or clock tower. A bunch of men are chasing a blind woman. They're stumbling around on a staircase in the dark while she is just standing there and listening.

At first I thought it might be Wait Until Dark with Audrey Hepburn, but that mostly takes place in her apartment.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

sponges posted:

punchymcpunch posted:

i dunno sounds more like keith carradine to me

Yes! I think it's definitely one or the other, or a fantastic Carradine soundalike. Of course, finding a movie where a Carradine plays the type of psycho who would tell a story like that is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. :sigh:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MachineryNoise posted:

Yes! I think it's definitely one or the other, or a fantastic Carradine soundalike. Of course, finding a movie where a Carradine plays the type of psycho who would tell a story like that is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. :sigh:

I remember once seeing an infomercial that was nothing buy an interview with David Carradine. It wasn't even him plugging his Tai Chi poo poo.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

And More posted:

Maybe you could help me with another movie I've been trying to find. I saw this one in the 90s. It's probably from the 50s, and I believe it's in black and white. I remember a scene inside some sort mill or clock tower. A bunch of men are chasing a blind woman. They're stumbling around on a staircase in the dark while she is just standing there and listening.

At first I thought it might be Wait Until Dark with Audrey Hepburn, but that mostly takes place in her apartment.

The Ladykillers?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

happyhippy posted:

The Ladykillers?

No, that's not the one. I think it's a bit more serious in tone than that film. Will it help if I do some crappy drawings of what I remember?

So, there is a woman standing on the top floor, and she's listening.

Below, a guy is coming up the stairs with a lighter. I think there may be a gear or grind stone in the centre of the room.

A man is climbing through some sort of loading hatch (possibly wearing a hat).

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Hell, that looks like Vertigo.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Origami Dali posted:

Hell, that looks like Vertigo.

I actually just watched Vertigo for the first time to make sure. drat good movie. Sadly, that's not it. It was way less sophisticated than that. Just static shots of people, no fancy zooming in and out. There wasn't even music, I think.

And More fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
High Anxiety; Mel Brooks's parody of Vertigo?