Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Part of me wonders if it's even worth it to continue school if the U.S. gets involve in a war with North Korea

Like, will I even live to see tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

I can't wait to see how we celebrate New Years in the post-apocalypse.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
When the president hits the nuclear button there are checks and balances right? Like you cant just yell at the aide to open the nuclear football and hit the button without inputting some sort of coordinates? Perhaps the Pentagon gets a text alert? or Mattis' little restaurant pager vibrates? hel;p

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I need to check up again on the tax penalty for draining my 401k and just buying whatever can distract me.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Willo567 posted:

Part of me wonders if it's even worth it to continue school if the U.S. gets involve in a war with North Korea

Yes, it's just a bunch of gesturing. WORRYING gesturing, but that's it. Don't be a ninny.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Trump's America.
https://twitter.com/TyishaWSB/status/948279662576271365

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
for real though
https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/948360740804624385

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

tecnocrat posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948355557022420992

Sweet loving Christ. It's a real time, geo-politcal Dick waving contest.
I guess we know what he was watching.
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/948358498462650369

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

well his brain is going.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Blitz7x posted:

When the president hits the nuclear button there are checks and balances right? Like you cant just yell at the aide to open the nuclear football and hit the button without inputting some sort of coordinates? Perhaps the Pentagon gets a text alert? or Mattis' little restaurant pager vibrates? hel;p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp7gIZV1WvE

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
So apparently he was just on the phone with Sean Hannity lol

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948362512315056129

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I just want him removed. I just want to be able to sleep at night, knowing that my nieces and nephews and the rest of my family will be all right

I'm part of the loving problem

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Willo567 posted:

The Trump presidency and global warming and all that are a good reminder that life is impermanent and you can't live a life constantly delaying gratification to wait for a future that may never come, but on the other hand you can't live your life waiting for a doomsday that may never come either.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Stereotype posted:

Those two tweets are legitimately extremely unnerving.

Yeah. I would just like to point out that seizing control of opposing media was a key aspect of Putin's consolidation of power....

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Interesting point. The symbolic Doomsday Clock maintained by the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists' Science and Security Board is currently at 2.5 minutes to Midnight, the closest it has been since Operation Ivy in 1953 right before the Soviets got the bomb. It was shifted there in January after Trump was sworn in.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

how on earth do you elect presidents with obvious dementia *twice*

nazis in blue do nazi things, is mass punishment viewed as poorly by American courts as it was by the Nuremberg trials?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

awesmoe posted:

no he's got two Buttons

Nurse and Nuke

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

OddObserver posted:

Yeah. I would just like to point out that seizing control of opposing media was a key aspect of Putin's consolidation of power....

Yeah, he's trying, he's just too dumb to figure out how to seal the deal

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Man, wasn't everybody spending all day today wishing Trump would tweet and keep the thread from derailing? What's the problem?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Madkal posted:

Is your president.....okay? Like are we sure he isn't in the middle of some kind of mental episode of some kind?

We're actually sure he is in major cognitive decline, but the people that can do anything about it would rather play with fire and try and steal as much as they can before he gets removed.

Willo567 posted:

You'll be fine, worst case is actually us killing a fuckton of innocent Koreans to prove that Trump can still get it up.

Which is not good.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I can only imagine how many US ambassadors are currently being called into offices around the globe, all being asked the same question. "What the gently caress is wrong with your president?"

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Willo567 posted:

I just want him removed. I just want to be able to sleep at night, knowing that my nieces and nephews and the rest of my family will be all right

I'm part of the loving problem

Buddy the GOP could boot him out, get Pence to do all the same devilish dealmaking before midterms, and probably get praised for it. But it’s all the same thing.

Trump is the GOP, and the GOP is Trump.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

AlternateNu posted:

Interesting point. The symbolic Doomsday Clock maintained by the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists' Science and Security Board is currently at 2.5 minutes to Midnight, the closest it has been since Operation Ivy in 1953 right before the Soviets got the bomb. It was shifted there in January after Trump was sworn in.

Today I learned that the nuclear clock can rewind

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Office Pig posted:

Buddy the GOP could boot him out, get Pence to do all the same devilish dealmaking before midterms, and probably get praised for it. But it’s all the same thing.

Trump is the GOP, and the GOP is Trump.

yeah, they won't dump him or attempt to until its way to late or after the midterms.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

gently caress YEAH, GEORGIA AMIRITE?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Old James posted:

I'll admit I do make enough to either be at the high end of middle class, or upper class (my wife and I work in IT) depending on your cut off. But in Texas we pay $12,000 a year in property taxes on a $360,000 house.

I live in Texas too, and we have no state income tax so unless you're in some incredibly weird situation with a whole bunch of sales tax you're itemizing, I am confident that at your income you're coming out ahead overall in the tax bill once the rate cuts are factored in.

I get it yall, I was here for KoiGhazi, this thread loves fake news that reinforces their biases, but households making $50-$120k or whatever people's personal dividing lines for "middle class" are, are not getting a tax hike barring some weird outliers with tons of deductions. The tax bill hits affluent high earners in high tax states starting around $200,000 and going up to a million or so depending on where they live, that is just a mathematical fact.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

OddObserver posted:

Putin could complete a sentence. Like, a whole one.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Willo567 posted:

No, this is it. We're all going to die tomorrow, just like last time you asked this, and the time before that, and the time before that, etc etc

Please seek therapy for your oddly specific anxiety disorder.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Furnaceface posted:

I can only imagine how many US ambassadors are currently being called into offices around the globe, all being asked the same question. "What the gently caress is wrong with your president?"

Fewer han you would think! Trump fired all of Obama's and still has not appointed many replacements.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

That is juvenile and unprofessional as gently caress.

But I looked at Tyisha Fernandes' twitter description

quote:

News Reporter, Cape Verdean born in Brockton MA. My curiosity got me in trouble as a kid, NOW it gets ANSWERS.

:unsmith:

Hammer em' girl.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I thought only rural idiots believed North Korea rivals the USSR at its prime and has 200 nukes aimed at every small town in the US

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The threat of war with Pakistan is just the MGR: Revengeance timeline asserting itself, dw about it

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Based on Trump's twitter meltdown today Mueller must have done something YUGE!

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

I live in Texas too, and we have no state income tax so unless you're in some incredibly weird situation with a whole bunch of sales tax you're itemizing, I am confident that at your income you're coming out ahead overall in the tax bill once the rate cuts are factored in.

I get it yall, I was here for KoiGhazi, this thread loves fake news that reinforces their biases, but households making $50-$120k or whatever people's personal dividing lines for "middle class" are, are not getting a tax hike barring some weird outliers with tons of deductions. The tax bill hits affluent high earners in high tax states starting around $200,000 and going up to a million or so depending on where they live, that is just a mathematical fact.

You mean a few people posted about it in the middle of the night while everyone else said it was dumb? Or do you cherry pick the worst posters and decide that they are "the thread" and everyone in the thread is dumb but you.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Madkal posted:

Is your president.....okay? Like are we sure he isn't in the middle of some kind of mental episode of some kind?

Oh we are all pretty confident in our diagnoses at this point

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Fewer han you would think! Trump fired all of Obama's and still has not appointed many replacements.

I honestly keep forgetting that.

Good lord has he ever tanked your global presence.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Spangly A posted:

how on earth do you elect presidents with obvious dementia *twice*
You've miscounted. Trump is one, but we elected Reagan twice.
That's three in my lifetime. Not sure which of the Presidents before that would also qualify.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Furnaceface posted:

I honestly keep forgetting that.

Good lord has he ever tanked your global presence.

As happy as Putin is, Xi is even happier. Despite Russia's great power moves over the last few years, they're still a decrepit old power with a lovely GDP (Bannon's right about that much, even if he's crazy to think that means we should tell our European allies to gently caress off), whereas China is the future as long as they don't fall apart. Trump turning himself into the biggest threat in the world helps China avoid attention for their own power moves and start to shift the global balance of power away from Washington. At least as long as Trump doesn't start a nuclear war on his doorstep.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

7c Nickel posted:

??? She literally said the primary was rigged. They can just play the tape.

Those aren't remotely synonymous statements. The primary was rigged in the same sense that gerrymandering is rigged: legal, but in need of reform.

The problem you're running into with this is that Hillary and Warren have the same base: older white progressive women. You're doing the equivalent of trying to argue there's a wedge between Obama voters and John Lewis voters. It doesn't work, even if one time Lewis said something vaguely bad about Obama.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

It's so god drat exasperating that this poo poo never ends

• Locked thread