Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i believe chris is just an inept figurehead. sandi is the real mastermind behind this scam. shes going to leave chris and everyone else as the fall boys and walk away with her foot in the door at hollywood (though you cant buy talent so it will only go so far)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Blue On Blue posted:

Chris gonna get cucked so hard. I smell a divorce in 2018

Yeah, well at least Elvira had a pair.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Blue On Blue posted:

Chris gonna get cucked so hard. I smell a divorce in 2018

Pff, that dreamboat wouldn't touch Sandi with a ten foot pole spear.

I guess SHE could suck his soul out through his eyes or drink his blood or whatever minions of the elder gods are into, but I don't think that counts as Crobbers being cucked. She's just doing her job, or something.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Nyast posted:

He'll refund a bunch of ships to fund his lawyer fees.

The genius of that...

CIG isn't a personal bank you know.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i believe chris is just an inept figurehead. sandi is the real mastermind behind this scam. shes going to leave chris and everyone else as the fall boys and walk away with her foot in the door at hollywood (though you cant buy talent so it will only go so far)

It's already gone as far as it can.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

"LOOK AT ME I'M AN ACTRESS AND I'M ACTING AND I'M ON CAMERA LOOK AT ME."

This bit specifically comes from acting TO the camera rather than acting WITH your co-actor, i.e., not actually acting, rather they try to present an attractive image to the camera. No engagement with their co-actor at all, not listening to their words, just waiting for them to stop talking. It's the most basic error bad actors do. I see it a lot :)

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Sunswipe posted:

And so much more

*The Book of Loaf
*Ticklegate
*insanely expensive and impractical office furniture
*Ryan Archer

Oh, the movie never ends, it goes on and on and on... Or at least that's how it feels if Sandi's onscreen.

*IP Theft like Star Kitten and virtually every Space tv show out there

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Lest we forget the limited edition porsche parked outside the LA office , which hobo the clown accidently revealed

And wasn't there a 2nd porsche of a different color in a recent photo ?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

That's quite the title he has there.

'Career' entertainment lawyer would be someone that did it as a career, rather than be co-founder of a Ponzi.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

The Titanic posted:

You do realize that questions like this lead to answers you don’t want. Answers you don’t want lead to the goon side. The goon side leads to Derek Smart.

Can’t have this. Obviously CR was just joking around because he’s such a silly lovable duder. :)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

empty quoting this so notderek has to read it even though you're doubleblocked

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

That's true, I believe they are at larger risk in the Atlantic. I had forgotten your trip was in California for some reason. However, your own quote puts the lie to your line of "there's plenty of em." Quite frankly, the population of shortfin mako in the Pacific just isn't known.

In any case, your one shark didn't tip the balance one way or another, since the bigger threats are commercial fisheries and bycatch, but I still think you're kind of an rear end in a top hat for eating it.

aren't sharks loaded with mercury?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

XK posted:

You need actual hazmat crews to clean up that poo poo.

Cig's espresso machine is bigger than I remember

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Solarin posted:

aren't sharks loaded with mercury?

This is true of fish in general and predatory fish in particular. It's worth your while to spend some time investigating the brand history, farming practices and regions where your fish are caught if you consume fish on a regular or semi regular basis. This holds especially true if your home is commonly stocked with canned tuna.

There's no shortage of tragic stories involving persons who have a passion for fishing no longer being able to eat fish due to a developed allergic response due to toxin exposure.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Toops posted:

kay thanks for clearing that all up

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&perpage=40&pagenumber=3349#post479837538

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i like that chris roberts has this affable village idiot persona, but is actually a gigantic oval office in the workplace

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Solarin posted:

Cig's espresso machine is bigger than I remember

Lesnick finding out another chapter for WC was taking place.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i like that chris roberts has this affable village idiot persona, but is actually a gigantic oval office in the workplace

I think it's a combination of both

Insert that picture of him feet up on the conference room table in shorts and a t-shirt with a barely disguised look of disinterest

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

*pingu noises*

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

http://i.imgur.com/pXFU3hj.gifv

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Is she supposed to be the sexy love interest?

She looks old enough to be his mother. Cuz she is.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

So Steam put up their bestsellers list again.

Elite: Dangerous is on it. At bronze rank.

But so is Planet Coaster at a Silver rank.

E:D isn't even Frontier's most important game right now. There's no market for Space Shooters right now and everyone who would give Chris money knows it.

(Stellaris is gold tier, ofc)

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

BluesShaman posted:

Is she supposed to be the sexy love interest?

She looks old enough to be his mother. Cuz she is.

Dude Vic got jacked.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

The thing with ED is that it's rad in VR and there are a lot of folks with headsets that want to DO SOMETHING and it's the go to space flight experience and has been for some time.

At that it succeeds quite well and in a cockpit or at least HOTAS properly mapped it's a kick in the pants and well worth the $7.49 it costs on sale but I don't regret backing it for $80 when it was in funding mode either and threw a few more bucks at it for Horizons.

e: threads like this from this morning not uncommon on r/oculus https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/7nms1h/elite_dangerous_wow/

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 3, 2018

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

:laffo: second from the top is "Why do people grief in 3.0"

quote:

Honestly, I'd rather see the grief now when CiG can work out solutions to mitigate it, than once the game goes live. The turrets at Ollisar are a start. Once Subsumption is ready to tackle policing, we'll see some greater challenges for would-be griefers.

Oh you poor, simple man. CIG will never be able to stop it.

So is subsumption supposed to be code for magick? It's like some of these people have a child's perception about what goes into even a simple decision.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

ITT Lladre becomes the Derek alt obsessed shitizen.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

ED is a sandbox. Like literally a box of sand. You can have fun in sand if its your thing.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Gravity_Storm posted:

ED is a sandbox. Like literally a box of sand. You can have fun in sand if its your thing.
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

I especially dislike it in my vajeen

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I am on the alt list, but have not been granted the rank of Derek.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Gravity_Storm posted:

I always played with tractors in my sandbox when I was a kid. Farming Simulater 17 was my favorite game of 2017. To each their own.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

CrazyTolradi posted:

ITT Lladre becomes the Derek alt obsessed shitizen.

He's the alt. It's obvious :tinfoil:

Hav posted:

Personally, technical debt I'm dealing with is the inevitable conclusion of only dealing with the easy problems and low hanging fruit for a decade, painting ourselves further into corners. We're getting the point where we have actually deal with the can, rather than kicking it down the road.

The hard problems are the only ones worth having, if you get to solve one you're sitting pretty. Although it might take some time to find out if the NSA succeeded with their super quantum computer.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

#IStandWithSandbox

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Jonny Nox posted:

So Steam put up their bestsellers list again.

Elite: Dangerous is on it. At bronze rank.

But so is Planet Coaster at a Silver rank.

E:D isn't even Frontier's most important game right now. There's no market for Space Shooters right now and everyone who would give Chris money knows it.

(Stellaris is gold tier, ofc)

Any recommendations? I got a switch for Christmas, and its been amazingly good.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/JFv6NOA.gifv

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

if you had to credit CIGs subsumption AI for any content of this gif would it be

A: the Cat

B: the Dog tail

C: the wooden floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Combat Theory posted:

if you had to credit CIGs subsumption AI for any content of this gif would it be

A: the Cat

B: the Dog tail

C: the wooden floor

D: The blurry zoomed border that turn it into a 1:1 aspect ration for no conceivable or sensible reason.