Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

We're really bad at geography and recognising that something can belong to more than one category :911:

The Niagra falls go up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BovineFury posted:

Dude pulls out a gun to get the upper hand. What he didn't realize was the other guy was part honey-badger.

The thumbnail on this is significantly :nws:/:nms:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

BovineFury posted:

Dude pulls out a gun to get the upper hand. What he didn't realize was the other guy was part honey-badger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEnLSqJLMh8&t=537s

gently caress, that was impressive.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

Memento posted:

The thumbnail on this is significantly :nws:/:nms:

It's fake clickbait thumbnail

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BovineFury posted:

It's fake clickbait thumbnail

Oh yeah, it's a mannequin. I'll leave my post up as a lesson to not be as dumb as me.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

The only acceptable "North" states are Maine, North Dakota, Montana, Minnesota, Yoopers, and Alaska. Every other state is southern or "The South."

I have heard a Yooper say pretty much the same thing, completely free of sarcasm. I asked why they thought that, but in the U.P, they don't explain things.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

ewe2 posted:

Re: car fail chat, yall should keep tabs on this account:
Dash Cam Owners Australia . Not just stupid drivers but lots of great swearing

specifically, these ones :boonie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLFoQokmpvo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Zs60LppWI

Tezer
Jul 9, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

The only acceptable "North" states are Maine, North Dakota, Montana, Minnesota, Yoopers, and Alaska. Every other state is southern or "The South."

Southern Maine is also part of the south.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

ewe2 posted:

Re: car fail chat, yall should keep tabs on this account:
Dash Cam Owners Australia . Not just stupid drivers but lots of great swearing

also this one,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBFyjJnlBL0

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BovineFury posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEnLSqJLMh8&t=537s

Amazing that there's more than one instance of a guy pulling a gun

:3: at 2:31 tho

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I knew someone who thought all rivers ran towards the equator. When told a river was flowing north, she couldn't believe it, because that way was 'up'.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Picnic Princess posted:

I knew someone who thought all rivers ran towards the equator. When told a river was flowing north, she couldn't believe it, because that way was 'up'.
That seems to be some common old-timey myth. I remember being taught in elementary school that the Nile was special because it was the only river in the world that flows south to north.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Besesoth posted:

New Jersey and Pennsylvania aren't "the northern parts of the country", my dude.

:dogbutton:

Get the gently caress outta here wit this. It will be -21 degrees in NYC on Sat, that's loving northern and you can go get your tongue stuck to an icy dick if you don't agree.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

These are so great. Some months are a bit slow but sometimes you get a whole bunch of the best poo poo.

edit:

ewe2 has a new favorite as of 05:26 on Jan 3, 2018

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

The reaction to the emu made me cry with laughter.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

When noted asperger's victim (and slave rapist) Thomas Jefferson ordered Lewis & Clark & co. to search for the NW passage he knew drat well there was no way to get a canoe over the Rockies. That is not how continents work Jeffy.

I suspect he had other intentions :tinfoil:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

dumb. posted:

Please don't trigger our Australian friends.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

FogHelmut posted:

I spent 15 years driving around NJ

Did you finally give up trying to turn left?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

dumb. posted:

Yeah its not what you'd expect. But emus and roos can just do that on country roads, even close to town. Stopping for wombats is good though.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
In which a cell phone game whale is very mad that spending all the in game currency he buys is basically a full time job:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2596/galaxy-events-no-longer-sustainable

By my quick mental math this guy is dropping like $500+ bucks per in game event in currency and then is upset that feeding his addiction has become his job.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
My favorite quote of that is:

quote:

I've shed blood sweat and tears to get where I am

Like he's doing something other than lighting his money on fire and tapping on cellphone.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

"We put Thom Yorke behind the wheel of a right-hand-drive car, pointed him in the wrong direction on a right-hand traffic highway, and then dipped the lower half of his face in bees. Let's see what happened next..."

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

budgieinspector posted:

"We put Thom Yorke behind the wheel of a right-hand-drive car, pointed him in the wrong direction on a right-hand traffic highway, and then dipped the lower half of his face in bees. Let's see what happened next..."

:golfclap:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

belt posted:

My favorite quote of that is:

Like he's doing something other than lighting his money on fire and tapping on cellphone.

It's amazing. The forums for that game are just endless whining from big spenders.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot
Life imitates literature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CDTielKQys&t=387s

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

:nws: for butt

https://i.gyazo.com/5aaa8ce2da9c97858c89118e8b1a477f.mp4

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

that's a cartoon rocket of a firework

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knormal posted:

That seems to be some common old-timey myth. I remember being taught in elementary school that the Nile was special because it was the only river in the world that flows south to north.

They never taught us that. Of course, one of Florida's major rivers flows south to north, so maybe the myth never caught hold here.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Randaconda posted:

They never taught us that. Of course, one of Florida's major rivers flows south to north, so maybe the myth never caught hold here.

You think they'd let a little thing like reality stop them?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ewe2 posted:

These are so great. Some months are a bit slow but sometimes you get a whole bunch of the best poo poo.

edit:

:gary: IRL

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Lolol I love how he automatically clenches his cheeks and makes it worse

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

People are loving stupid.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

lmao

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

budgieinspector posted:

This is what you'll get when you mess with ussss.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

cis autodrag posted:

It's amazing. The forums for that game are just endless whining from big spenders.

I play a game like that. You can play for free and just not always have the best of everything. The discord and facebook pages are just non stop whinefests of whales.

The rest of us just go back to playing and having fun.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

haha gently caress

oh well, a topping derail would be infinitely better than a tipping derail

i know in america you're expected to top your waiter, but in a lot of other countries they actually get offended if you do it

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

Wow, I guess I should be glad people handle driving in snow up here by driving like 20 under the limit. Also please get winter tires if temperatures regularly drop below freezing

Also be aware: "All season" tires sold in the southern US are often different than the types sold in the north, and are likely not made for driving through snow. Don't assume that you're safe because you got all season tires before a rare snowfall in Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Also be aware: "All season" tires sold in the southern US are often different than the types sold in the north, and are likely not made for driving through snow. Don't assume that you're safe because you got all season tires before a rare snowfall in Texas.

:cripes: