Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Yeah, this lines up with what I posted yesterday about their deadline for a response.

I can't wait to see their response today. If nothing else, it's going to be a bag of lols.

The amended complaint can be anything ranging from a name change, additional causes of action, or even the removal of a defective cause of action from the original filing

I am on mobile and have a PACER account, but I can't download the PDF for some reason. Will do that when I get to my computer.

If RSI/CIG were going to file for an extension, they would have done so by now. They can't file one on the last day, and run the risk of the judge denying it, thus putting them immediately in default. So I have no reason to believe that they will file for an extension.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jan 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Your honor these guys are adding documents while we are SLEEPING, we motion to have the entire lawsuit thrown out do to them litigating in bad faith

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

intardnation posted:

I have a doctors note so pay up please.

It states I am goon and therefore not crazy. Pay up please.

Right. But is that a Goon doctor? And is he on the list of approved in network doctors?

----------------

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Combat Theory posted:

But Crobberts said that cloud computing will make star citizen the bestest mmo space extravaganza ever

:ohdear:

Jfc, I forgot they actually said that to their audience. And I wouldn't be surprised if Crobblers, in his infinite self-induced hype, actually believed it too.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

CIG have this in the bag. The big bag with the dollar sign on it they're trying to haul out a window to an awaiting truck with its engine running.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Hi, lawgoon here. I'll be laughing long and hard if CIG have failed to file BUT they still have until close of business hours for the court to file it. This is Skadden laying the groundwork and putting the frighteners on, not a full default yet. Let it whet your appetites, but don't go overboard.

CIG still have all day to file. Skadden have just tossed a spanner in the works as a litigation tactic.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Pffft. Ortwin has this.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Colostomy Bag posted:

Pffft. Ortwin has this.

Fire AND fury!

Blaegis1
Jul 13, 2016

Taintrunner posted:

I mean, that would be small fry considering how much of modern corporate profit is based on leeching off of taxpayers who thought they were paying for functioning government. Elon Musk’s whole scam with SpaceX is based off chasing after taxpayer dollars instead of actual “free market” success.

Lol, OK.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Remember when chris said he wanted his FPS game to be "more lethal than COD"?

oh how we laaauuughed.

In the labyrinth of mysteries that is Star Citizen few things confound like the positive reception from a bunch of nerds to the news that 45 minutes of prep, travel time and a burdensome insurance system would all culminate in a possible 1-2 second encounter with someone that was playing FPS titles and dumbing down the genre for ten years while they patiently waited for the resurrection of space sims and true PC gaming. I guess the genius of proposing, recycling, almost releasing before recycling again for half a decade is that you allow for plenty of time for the narrative to get away from you in the hands of people assuring one another of something they read once in a chat window which confirms that true believers will still come out on top. Probably because of that "true understanding of the game' filter poo poo.

But man. Even if your personal inertia is driven entirely by fantasies of your endless string of victories and sending waves of loyal cabin boys to die for you while you arrange their tasteful memorial on your Idris the simple mention of such an insanely conflicting concept should have at least sent up the hint of a question mark.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Loxbourne posted:

Hi, lawgoon here. I'll be laughing long and hard if CIG have failed to file BUT they still have until close of business hours for the court to file it. This is Skadden laying the groundwork and putting the frighteners on, not a full default yet. Let it whet your appetites, but don't go overboard.

CIG still have all day to file. Skadden have just tossed a spanner in the works as a litigation tactic.

Thank you for the measured response.

I'm shy about my body image so I'm don't want to strip down to my loincloth and smear myself with pigs blood until it's really time to start dancing around the bonfire.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I'm hoping for a "the dog ate it!" level of excuse if they fail to respond today.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Dusty Lens posted:

Thank you for the measured response.

I'm shy about my body image so I'm don't want to strip down to my loincloth and smear myself with pigs blood until it's really time to start dancing around the bonfire.

Let's rub

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ahmini posted:

From the comments section on that article:

:psyduck:

I just don't believe that comments like this and those in that /r/oculus ED post are anything but shills at this point. Livestreams get a pathetic number of views and any time the game is mentioned outside of the shitizens safe spaces it gets absolutely slammed. Yet articles about CPU bugs get tangentially related comments mentioning star citizen? They're paying for astroturfing on a huge scale.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

So if CIG default do they get a do-over or does it go straight to a judge deciding Crytek deserve $X for their troubles, send in the removal trucks.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Right this moment Ortwin is sat at his desk with a bottle of whisky and an empty Word doc, frantically poring over a 1985 book about German copyright law.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.diffchecker.com/GTqP0gvu

quote:

In the GLA, Defendants had expressly promised Crytek that Squadron 42 would be a "[f]eature" of Star Citizen, not a video game that would be sold separately.

:gary:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

So if CIG default do they get a do-over or does it go straight to a judge deciding Crytek deserve $X for their troubles, send in the removal trucks.

Pretty sure they default it means the judge can decide to just shutter CIG and they would haul the executive staff to debtors prison

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
intentionally
intentionally
intentionally
intentionally

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Nice.

Now they need SQ42 to be Just A Game Mode.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

alphabettitouretti posted:

Right this moment Ortwin is sat at his desk with a bottle of whisky and an empty Word doc, frantically poring over a 1985 book about German copyright law.

I hope the crobbler is micromanaging the response.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Is today the day?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Yup. That's precisely what an amended complaint would say. In fact, this is VITAL because since day one, SQ42 was always pitched as a single player version of Star Citizen, not a separate product. They have them dead to rights on this one; as there is simply NO argument.

----------------

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yes in the sense that they'll be back on kickstarter.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Mr.Tophat posted:

Is today the day?

Today is meant to be the day but knowing CIG the Judge is going to get sent a flashy video promising something in 2 weeks.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah with office 95.

He starts typing and Clippy pops up and says "Looks like you are being sued, would you like help with that?"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Skadden guy please cite us when adding more legal jumbo to your documents.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Yup. That's precisely what an amended complaint would say. In fact, this is VITAL because since day one, SQ42 was always pitched as a single player version of Star Citizen, not a separate product. They have dead to rights on this one; as there is simply NO argument.

I assume a major part of the reason for making S42 a separate game was for tax reasons in the UK. So on the one hand CIG will have been trying to prove it was a separate game to the UK government and now need to prove it wasn't to a US court.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

AP posted:

Today is meant to be the day but knowing CIG the Judge is going to get sent a flashy video promising something in 2 weeks.

Fun!

I'm gunna go out for a walk and hope that something funny awaits me when I return.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Sounds about as ironclad as it can get.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Remember when chris said he wanted his FPS game to be "more lethal than COD"?

oh how we laaauuughed.

Everyone knows he was talking about the lifts and ramps...

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

quote:

Crytek and Defendants were parties. By their actions and conduct, Defendants established that RSI was bound by the GLA as if it were a signatory thereto. Through the GLA, Crytek provided Defendants with a limited license to use the CryEngine computer program. At all material times, Crytek performed the acts and conditions precedent necessary under the GLA.

Huh? Did or did not RSI sign a GLA at all?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nice.

Now they need SQ42 to be Just A Game Mode.

It originally was. They hosed up bigly.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MedicineHut posted:

I think that they are just covering their asses if CIGs line of defense is "A GLA is not a contract" or something.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It originally was. They hosed up bigly.

They had to harvest those sweet UK tax credits.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

Yup. That's precisely what an amended complaint would say. In fact, this is VITAL because since day one, SQ42 was always pitched as a single player version of Star Citizen, not a separate product. They have them dead to rights on this one; as there is simply NO argument.

Aw poo poo, the Doctor's turning into Jack Slate. I suppose he does already have the dog.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

They were legit selling it as a pre-order for about a year. Not a pledge, not whatever it is now, but a common parlance pre-order standalone following the Gary Oldthumb reveal.

Legal status: Dog making GBS threads on a thick shag carpet.

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...
RSI actually has one option, that would make any judge dismiss this trial:

They need to let the judge/jury actually play Star Citizen!!!

Crytek's main argument is, that by removing any mention of CryEngine from SC, and RSI promoting SQ42 as a separate game, from which they will get no royalties, they suffer a tremendous loss of income from the perks of having your name connected to SC.

By letting judge and/or jury play the game, they will quickly dismiss CryTek's claim, as none in their right mind would want to have their game engine associated with the biggest programming, design, management and crowdfunding clusterfuck to date.

If you were CryTek, would you use SC to promote your engine?

Case dismissed!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

AP posted:

I assume a major part of the reason for making S42 a separate game was for tax reasons in the UK. So on the one hand CIG will have been trying to prove it was a separate game to the UK government and now need to prove it wasn't to a US court.

loving lol and truly hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

MedicineHut posted:

"RSI didn't sign this contract, CIG did!"

quote:

Additionally, if RSI is not deemed to be bound by the GLA as if it were a signatory thereto, then RSI's intentional reproduction, display, and distribution of the Star Citizen video game that embeds the copyrighted CryEngine computer program is also unauthorized

"...oh, piss"