Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

They didn't even come onto his property, right? The banner was hanging on their house.

That guy also seemed to have completely missed that all of that happened in Colorado, not Indiana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Can’t remember if they still like him or not, but anything on Bannon calling the trump tower Russia meeting treason?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Ambitious Spider posted:

Can’t remember if they still like him or not, but anything on Bannon calling the trump tower Russia meeting treason?

Ask and ye shall receive.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3619034/posts

quote:

To: WayneS
Treason= DNC and Hillary paying Russia for FAKE Dossier

3 posted on 1/3/2018, 9:46:44 AM by mplc51
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Incorrigible
Bannon butthurt over Trump pissing in his corn flakes?

4 posted on 1/3/2018, 9:47:56 AM by bk1000 (I stand with Trump)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

BUT HILLARY!!!! :freep:

quote:

To: mplc51
Treason = selling Russia our uranium for $20 million...

8 posted on 1/3/2018, 9:50:46 AM by CondorFlight
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: WayneS
I guess it is far better to initiate contact with the Russians and create a phony dossier as a pretext to monitor the Trump campaign and transition teams along with his activities as the sitting President using taxpayer-funded resources of the intel community. What is more dangerous and treasonous, agreeing to meet with Russians offering possible dirt on Hillary or weaponizing the government to go after a political opponent?
For over a year we have witnessed an attempted coup d'état against a duly, elected President.

11 posted on 1/3/2018, 9:51:19 AM by kabar

That's it everyone, we've got to retire :psyboom:. His head can't go back together anymore after this breathtaking lack of self-awareness.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also they really don’t understand that the Russian Dossier wasn’t made by the Russians, do they?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
More Freep on Weed. Though broadly Freep is mixed pro/con on weed, this thread is slanted to the con side since Freep *really* hates California.

New era opens in California with first sales of recreational marijuana

I'm always amused that, having failed to find falling skies in Colorado, the fallback criticism is "there are more panhandlers since weed passed."

quote:

Like I Washington and Colorado, it ends with the deterioration of shopping areas where these stores are located into panhandler, beggar and homeless encampments. Place where people shop for food or other goods, where these pot stores come in...and they will start popping up in practically every shopping center...will be besieged with the growing drugged dregs of society - looking for a “handout” and a campsite, and crime will increase along with it.

This is the “Broken Window” theory gone nuclear.

27 posted on 1/1/2018, 7:00:49 PM by Scott from the Left Coast

quote:

The taxes are so high, no pun intended, that a black market is guaranteed. The state exise tax is 15%, city tax about 5%, and sales tax about 8%. The delivery services have their customers e-mail addresses and on-line menus. They can deliver the same product for a lot less money.

Here is how it will end, Jeff Sessions will swing into action faster than greased lightning, while nothing happens to Hillary and Comey.

28 posted on 1/1/2018, 7:01:38 PM by forgotten man

Wow, an actually principled Freeper:

quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullification_(U.S._Constitution)

Nullification is back and now it’s the liberals doing it with immigration and marijuana.

Lessening the stranglehold of the federal government is a good thing.

30 posted on 1/1/2018, 7:04:50 PM by Snickering Hound

quote:

I get a kick out of some of the posts on this thread. A most of the US population already either lives in a state where mj is legal or are within reasonable driving distance of one of those states. The genie is out of the bottle.

38 posted on 1/1/2018, 7:14:57 PM by RKBA Democrat (Hope and redemption are to be found in the Lord. Not in politics.)

Staying on-message:

quote:

Being high makes it easier to accept illegals and muslims taking over

51 posted on 1/1/2018, 7:40:27 PM by LYDIAONTARIO

Gateway theory!

quote:

Like Colorado, the state will bulk up on freeloaders and homeless hippies and they will never get the tax money they expect because independents and the Mexcan cartels will undercut the price and the gubmint has no way of knowing whose pot they are smoking, eating or taking rectally. After a year or so, the pot high will not be high enough and they will move up to better sh!t.

Hope Texas offers deferred prosecution if the perps here move to Ca. or Co. for a minimum of 10 years.

53 posted on 1/1/2018, 7:50:00 PM by RetiredTexasVet (Start using cash and checks or the elite class and bankers will make "cashless" the norm.)

quote:

Nanny liberals going for the worst parts of two worlds.

64 posted on 1/1/2018, 8:21:09 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Tryin' hard to win the No-Bull Prize.)

quote:

Want to get rid of drugs?
Let the government run it, they’ll f@$€ it up in a year.
At this rate cocaine is gonna be cheaper than grass.
Next thing you know we’ll have a underground black market.

75 posted on 1/1/2018, 9:40:55 PM by Keyhopper (Indians had bad immigration laws)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Wow, an actually principled Freeper:

:eyepop:

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
How is letting people choose whether or not to smoke weed nannying them?

Gah freep is stupid

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Ambitious Spider posted:

Also they really don’t understand that the Russian Dossier wasn’t made by the Russians, do they?

As much as they understand that Uranium One wasn't giving every piece of uranium in the country to the Russians.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Because dumbocrats are doing it.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

The taxes are so high, no pun intended, that a black market is guaranteed. The state exise tax is 15%, city tax about 5%, and sales tax about 8%. The delivery services have their customers e-mail addresses and on-line menus. They can deliver the same product for a lot less money.
28 posted on 1/1/2018, 7:01:38 PM by forgotten man
Yeah but...that's true about everything though. You don't HAVE to go to the so-called "store" to buy meat and veg: drive to a local farm. Hell all cities have a local farmer's market. As someone who has recently gotten into recreational weed I'll happily pay a few bucks extra for the convenience of a store front with quality control and the ability to just Google where to go.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Duke Igthorn posted:

Yeah but...that's true about everything though. You don't HAVE to go to the so-called "store" to buy meat and veg: drive to a local farm. Hell all cities have a local farmer's market. As someone who has recently gotten into recreational weed I'll happily pay a few bucks extra for the convenience of a store front with quality control and the ability to just Google where to go.

People that smoke illegally these days in non weed legal states are smoking weed from legal states.

When you purchase dabs and sometimes even actual bud in non weed legal states, they are literally packaged with labels from dispensaries in Colorado or Oregon. Legalizing weed destroys the market for lovely mexican ditch weed.

Cartels still move a lot of meth, coke, and opioids though.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

quote:

Like Colorado, the state will bulk up on freeloaders and homeless hippies and they will never get the tax money they expect because independents and the Mexcan cartels will undercut the price and the gubmint has no way of knowing whose pot they are smoking, eating or taking rectally. After a year or so, the pot high will not be high enough and they will move up to better sh!t.

Hope Texas offers deferred prosecution if the perps here move to Ca. or Co. for a minimum of 10 years.

53 posted on 1/1/2018, 7:50:00 PM by RetiredTexasVet (Start using cash and checks or the elite class and bankers will make "cashless" the norm.)
This is such a hilariously bad take. Sure, growing the stuff across the border and then moving it illegally into the US to then sell it on a black market is surely going to undercut local growers selling either directly or through a storefront. That's absolutely how it's going to work. Not.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Captain Monkey posted:

People that smoke illegally these days in non weed legal states are smoking weed from legal states.

When you purchase dabs and sometimes even actual bud in non weed legal states, they are literally packaged with labels from dispensaries in Colorado or Oregon. Legalizing weed destroys the market for lovely mexican ditch weed.

Cartels still move a lot of meth, coke, and opioids though.

At least some Freepers are on-board with taking confiscated heroin and re-issuing it free to addicts to kill off the market (and potentially kill off the buyers).

Horseshoe theory again, but I'd be totally fine with government injection centers where people could get free pharmaceutical-grade heroin of known potency, to be used only on-site. It'd cut down on petty crime, dramatically cut down on ODs and expensive 911 calls, and put a massive hurt on the black market.

sheep-dodger posted:

This is such a hilariously bad take. Sure, growing the stuff across the border and then moving it illegally into the US to then sell it on a black market is surely going to undercut local growers selling either directly or through a storefront. That's absolutely how it's going to work. Not.

Matched with the equally bad take that heroin is just super-weed that you inevitably level-up to.

You know what will cut back on new heroin customers? Not hanging out with people who sell or do illegal drugs, because weed isn't one anymore.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

You know what will cut back on new heroin customers? Not hanging out with people who sell or do illegal drugs, because weed isn't one anymore.

Aren't a lot of heroin addicts these days starting out with legal prescription painkillers?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Trump disavows Steve Bannon: 'He not only lost his job, he lost his mind'

:smugdon: Friendship is OVER with Bannon!

quote:

To: DCBryan1

Wouldn’t be surprised if Bannon was the one leaking to the press all this time..and we thought it was McCain, etc..might have been Bannon..a real shame if true because I always thought Bannon was a good guy who cared about Trump’s agenda

3 posted on 01/03/2018 10:31:41 AM PST by Sarah Barracuda

Fake News!

quote:

Bannon disavowed this fake news.

5 posted on 01/03/2018 10:31:57 AM PST by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation Camp?)

quote:

Bannon is leading the insurgency against RINO senators. And those are the ones who have given the president the most trouble. Now is not the time to be attacking him.

11 posted on 01/03/2018 10:34:28 AM PST by TBP (Progressives lack compassion and tolerance. Their self-aggrandizement is all that matters.)

Yes I'm sure the :foxnews: liberal is completely sincere here.

quote:

Watching a little, baldheaded, Marxist ‘RAT snowflake on FNC right now. Bannon is now the darling of the snowflakes. They loved Bannon calling Trump “treasonous”. Bannon is their boy now.

14 posted on 01/03/2018 10:34:51 AM PST by FlingWingFlyer (2017 - The year the liberals' "sexual revolution" strikes back!)

Wow, These Freepers are latched on to Trump's knob tighter than a Remora.

quote:

Trump is the greatest strategist and genius the Republic has ever known.

He won the most stunning electoral victory in history and is perhaps the most accomplished businessman of the last century.

Bannon is an ant compared to the giant Trump. The President is right to knock this little man down a few legs

19 posted on 01/03/2018 10:36:24 AM PST by WashingtonFire (President Trump - it's like having your dad as President !)

quote:

To: WashingtonFire

>> Trump is the greatest strategist and genius the Republic has ever known <<

Right on! In fact, he’s the greatest strategist and genius the WHOLE WORLD has ever known!

115 posted on 01/03/2018 11:14:15 AM PST by Hawthorn
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Ahahaha They're turning on Breitbart!

quote:

F U Bannon and no more Breitbart.

I will always love Andrew though.

23 posted on 01/03/2018 10:36:49 AM PST by Yaelle

quote:

So Bannon was the lying leaker. After all that.

I guess I’ll never be too jaded to be shocked around here.

Um. Where was Bannon the night Andrew had his heart attack...

27 posted on 01/03/2018 10:38:52 AM PST by Yaelle
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Sarah Barracuda

Steve Bannon cares about Steve Bannon’s agenda. Briefly, it was sort of congruent with Donald Trump’s agenda, but quickly veered into a sort of fever swamp of its own.

Steve Bannon may yet make his way back to civilization, but if it shall be in time to make a sufficient impact upon the elections of 2018, is still a little too soon to tell. First he may have to sign a peace treaty with Trump World.

29 posted on 01/03/2018 10:39:02 AM PST by alloysteel (Sometimes I have to tell myself, it just isn't worth the jail time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

Not comparing on the same moral plane, but Bannon was to Trump what Che Guevara was to Fidel. One was a real revolutionary who believed in the real transformational purpose of their revolution only to be disillusioned and sent away because the road to the ‘end game’ became too disconnected for either to accept in harmony.

34 posted on 01/03/2018 10:42:13 AM PST by LibFreeUSA

"That can't be Trump, he's speaking in complete, coherent sentences!"

quote:

"Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was," Trump said of Bannon, the executive chairman of right-wing news outlet Breitbart News. "It is the only thing he does well. Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books," he added.

This doesn't even sound like Trump. It is constructed in complete sentences.

38 posted on 01/03/2018 10:45:20 AM PST by plain talk

quote:

Bannon really thought he was smarter than President Trump. Couldn’t even win in freaking Alabama.

42 posted on 01/03/2018 10:46:52 AM PST by proust (Since a politician never believes what he says, he is quite surprised to be taken at his word.)

quote:

Please Donald, watch to make sure you are not swallowing sucker bait Fake News and shooting yourself in the foot.

48 posted on 01/03/2018 10:49:54 AM PST by tired&retired (Blessings)

:ironicat:

quote:

To: TBP

Bannon is a narcissistic rear end in a top hat who is now doing more damage than good.

53 posted on 01/03/2018 10:50:57 AM PST by QuigleyDU
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

I just don't know!

quote:

To: AllAmericanGirl44

Maybe Drudge has known something about Bannon that we didn’t ... Trump coming out against Bannon might confirm that Bannon is not who we think he is ... I don’t know what to make of this

66 posted on 01/03/2018 10:58:16 AM PST by Neu Pragmatist
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 58 | View Replies]

quote:

To: proust

No one is smarter than our great President Trump.

This makes no sense at all.

Why would Bannon do anything to threaten President Trump???
What else does he want: A RAT back in the White House or a stupid RINO???

Still, his involvement with Moore in Alabama—and throwing away an otherwise safe GOP senate seat—is unacceptable.
Moore even had a weak history of eking out victories in deep red Alabama.
BTW, it was sickening to watch Vice-President Pence have to swear in two RATS today (Jones and Smith from Minnesota in Franken’s seat).

I hope President Trump keeps tabs on all of Bannon’s shenanigans and doesn’t allow him to jeopardize any other GOP seats.

71 posted on 01/03/2018 11:00:57 AM PST by edie1960
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Jane Long

I find it very hard to believe Bannon would use the word “treason” in conjunction with the Don Jr. meeting. It wasn’t that type of meeting. The scenario doesn’t fit.

I’m not convinced Trump and Bannon are enemies.

This sounds like the media trying to instigate a rift.

Bannon is far more astute than to think he could challenge Trump at the polls.

None of this really makes sense.

82 posted on 01/03/2018 11:04:55 AM PST by DoughtyOne (McConnell, Ryan, and the whole GOPe are dead to me. Are Alabamans tired of winning?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]

So a fake Twitter account disavowed fake news... fakely?

quote:

To: hal ogen

Bannon disavowed this fake news.

No, a fake Bannon Twitter account disavowed this fake news.

102 posted on 01/03/2018 11:10:08 AM PST by Yo-Yo (Is the /sarc tag really necessary?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

And what even is treason, anyway?

quote:

It seems Peter King was right, Bannon comes across like he’s got a drinking problem. Maybe he does. What the hell was he thinking? How is meeting a Russian lawyer treason? Trump wasn’t even elected yet! If I meet a Russian lawyer am I committing treason? The guy has lost his marbles.

103 posted on 01/03/2018 11:10:19 AM PST by GrandJediMasterYoda (The remoulade was a trifle tart, but the souflee for dessert more than made up for it.)

quote:

To: snarkytart

I want faithful MAGA people who support President Trump’s agenda, especially on all things pertaining to border and national security.
Those were the principal reasons I voted for Trump and I am waiting for construction of the border WALL and for the SCOTUS decision recognizing President Trump’s constitutional right to impose travel bans.

I want the illegal border crossings to cease and for my President to be free to keep Radical Islamic Terrorists out of our country.

Finally, I don’t want any more RATS to win or for any RINOs to go to Washington.

Yesterday, it was bad enough thinking of Romney being a Senator.
Today, speculation is that he might challenge President Trump in 2020. Yikes.

One final point: Senator Rand Paul pointed out how Utah voters need to remember RomneyCare was the premise upon which Obamacare was founded. Paul questioned Romney’s conservative credentials, in general.

117 posted on 01/03/2018 11:14:22 AM PST by edie1960
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 81 | View Replies]

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Breitbart:

quote:

Trump vs John McCain (a Cuck, a Fake War Hero, a Loser): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Liberalism: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Beta Males: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Cuckservatism: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Political Correctness: TRUMP WON 
Trump vs germany (a disgusting toilet of a country): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Complacency in the face of terrorism: TRUMP WON
Trump vs NFL anthem protesters: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Sweden (already a Caliphate): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Lying Lester Dolt (Holt): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Hawaiian residents (Fake state): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Hugh Hewitt (a loser with low ratings, as Trump said): TRUMP WON
Trump vs California: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Elizabeth Warren (Lying, Fake 'Native American'): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Caliphate Canada: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Puerto Rico (non contributing territory; dead weight): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Hollywood: TRUMP WON
Trump vs the Demoncrats' 'Blue Wall' (HAHAHA!): Trump won
Trump vs C'BS': TRUMP WON 
Trump vs P'BS': TRUMP WON
Trump vs Macy's (their business is collapsing): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Ford motors: TRUMP WON
Trump vs the CLInTonS: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Jorge Ramos: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Oreos: TRUMP WON
Trump vs the Cuckservative Review: TRUMP WON
Trump vs the RNC: TRUMP WON
Trump vs George Clooney (a closeted homosexual and a moron): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Rinse Penis (Reince Priebus): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Carrier Air Conditioning: TRUMP WON
Trump vs islam (islam is a disgusting P.O.S. cult): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Lyin' Paul Ryan: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Carly Fiorina (failed businesswoman): TRUMP WON
Trump vs The View: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Lindsey Graham: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Bannon: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Little marco rubio: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Lyin' Ted Cruz: TRUMP WON
Trump vs the ridiculous 'Russian' allegations: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Fake News: TRUMP WON
Trump vs MSLSD: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Seth Myers (not funny): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Rosie O'Donnell (a disgusting, miserable slob): TRUMP WON
Trump vs the Paris Climate Accord: TRUMP WON
Trump vs TPP: TRUMP WON
Trump vs NBC: TRUMP WON
Trump vs ABC: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Saturday Night Live (hasn't been any good for decades): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Dan Savage (a disgusting deviant): TRUMP WON
Trump vs outsourcing: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Scott Walker (a failure of a human being): TRUMP WON
Trump vs univision (a laughing stock): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Limbaugh (he's better now, Trump corrected him): TRUMP WON 
Trump vs Musk: TRUMP WON
Trump vs the DNC: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Donna Brazile: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Bezos (a pathetic clown): TRUMP WON
Trump vs the horrible Obama-induced recession: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Fox news (they are better now, Trump corrected them): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Bloody MeGYN Kelly (she has a YUGE crush on Him): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Zuck the Cuck (mark zuckeberg): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Open borders: TRUMP WON
Trump vs la raza: TRUMP WON
Trump vs ms-13: TRUMP WON
Trump vs the Washington ComPost: TRUMP WON
Trump vs the Swamp: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Anderson Cooper (a gay half-wit): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Martha Raddatz: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Feminism: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Soros: TRUMP WON
Trump vs merkel (a disgusting P.O.S.): TRUMP WON
Trump vs the british 'remain' voters: TRUMP WON
Trump vs the EU: TRUMP WON
Trump vs NATO: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Vince McMahon ('Battle of the Billionaires'): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Chris Matthews: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Rachel MADdow: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Michael Moore (although Moore did predict His victory): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Chris Krispycream (Christie): TRUMP WON
Trump vs John K-Sick (a Disgusting person): TRUMP WON
Trump vs !Jeb! Bush (extremely Weak and Low Energy): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Schumer: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Colbert (unoriginal and not funny): TRUMP WON
Trump vs John Oliver (even less funny- and even worse, british): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Little trevor noah (the least funny of all): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Bill Maher (a closet case if ever there were one): TRUMP WON
Trump vs POS 'pope': TRUMP WON
Trump vs the awful Ghostbusters remake: TRUMP WON
Trump vs ES-'PEE'-N (ESPN): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Disgusting Presstitutes in general: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Mitch McConnel (a cuck): TRUMP WON
Trump vs the NBA: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Tom Hanks: TRUMP WON
Trump vs 'Liberal Joe' Scarbarough: TRUMP WON
Trump vs Mexico: TRUMP WON 
Trump vs Matt Damon (a closeted homosexual): TRUMP WON
Trump vs Mika Brzezinski (she has a YUGE crush on him): TRUMP WON
Trump vs the NFL anthem boycotters: TRUMP WON
Trump vs ANTIFA: TRUMP WON
Trump vs black lives matter: TRUMP WON

TRUMP 2020

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Please, I'm begging you; I don't think I can take any more wi-:cawg:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

White House Blasts Michael Wolff Book as ‘Trashy Tabloid Fiction’

Freep does not seem to be handling this book very well.

quote:

To: davikkm

so far the President has been 100% correct 100% of the time ...

2 posted on 1/3/2018, 1:23:56 PM by davikkm

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Now we will know where some of the leaks came from.
Bannon is probably NOT the source but someone on his staff.
It's
4 posted on 1/3/2018, 1:31:33 PM by Zathras

Fake news... or whatever. :geno:

quote:

Fake news

7 posted on 1/3/2018, 1:32:44 PM by Vaquero (Don't pick a fight with an old guy. If he is too old to fight, he'll just dkill you.)

quote:

I’m disgusted with Bannon. He has verified his statements to Wolff and knew very well he was attempting to harm Trump’s presidency. I’m beginning to think Bannon is a megalomaniac. He lost his ‘prestige’ when he backed Roy Moore and turned the Senate seat over to a dem - and now he evidently is hungry for the spotlight.

One thing he knows for sure is that Trump cherishes loyalty more than anything and Bannon just back stabbed him in the most public way possible. Attacking his family sealed Bannon’s fate.

13 posted on 1/3/2018, 1:38:35 PM by demkicker (My passion for freedom is stronger than that of Democrats whose obsession is to enslave me.)

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

Boy, oh boy, there are some interesting forces at work in this flap. I do not believe any of it until I hear from Bannon and Trump directly. 

16 posted on 1/3/2018, 1:39:47 PM by iontheball

quote:

Sadly, this will not stop the book from being the talk on all of the Sunday shows, as well as hundreds of others. The book will be discussed as if it is completely factual.

This will help the Dems to bury the story about Russian collusion, since it is now reflecting on them, as well as the growing reality that the FBI and DOJ conspired to protect Hillary and/or harm POTUS.

Meanwhile, hopefully POTUS will take advantage of the MSM diversion to get some other winning done for us.

31 posted on 1/3/2018, 2:11:46 PM by NEMDF

quote:

The stuff swirling around Brannon seems like Kabuki to me. Go watch his 60 Minutes interview and ask yourself what has changed. Perhaps it’s all real and should be taken at face value, but for now I’m skeptical. POTUS and his cohorts are masters of disinformation and strategic deception. They ran a con with Scaramucci that few have figured out to this day.

I am shocked that the press, Dems, and Never-Trumpers still haven’t caught on to Trump’s modus operandi. I remain confident in A.G. Sessions because I believe they intentionally created the prevailing impression of him as a do-nothing. Trump & Co. are running circles around the Swamp. Once you catch on it’s amazing to watch. I believe this year will be the year of resignations, stunning revelations, investigations, and major indictments. I fully expect to see Hillary indicted. If they don’t indict her this year I believe we will see them working their way toward her. I can’t wait until I.G. Horowitz’s report is issued.

32 posted on 1/3/2018, 2:14:13 PM by .45 Long Colt

:iiam:

quote:

What is all the excitement everywhere over another gossipy tabloid trash opinion made up to destroy POTUS and his family who are all decent people. This writer has little to no credibility and why POTUS or Don Jr even bothered to address anything in the book, is beyond me.

37 posted on 1/3/2018, 2:42:26 PM by snarkytart

quote:

Bannon has always been a pole turtle in that office. He wears the same suede jacket and jeans when in the presence of the President of the United States of America.

He’s got the class of a pill-addict. Even Alex Jones takes a shower and dresses well to respect those around him.

Bannon was just a bad choice, really. The Breitbart thing was a good connection but Trump must have seen this guy for a chump when he showed up to work on day one wearing the same thing from the night before, and subsequently, his last day.

Just the way that Bannon is seen addressing the room in the CNN “mile away sniper footage” is unprofessional and lunatic.

There are smart guys that dress like crap. There are. I have them in my profession. They won’t work for me, but they are out there. There is a reason I ask my people to dress professionally, at all times. It’s called decorum and if you can’t follow decorum when in the oval office - you’re a tool.

39 posted on 1/3/2018, 2:47:24 PM by Celerity

quote:

I don’t believe a damned thing Bannon says. It’s regrettable Trump trusted that rumpled, oily, backstabbing piece of steaming poo poo Bannon into his inner circle.

For that greasy f**k to stab this President in the back is in itself evil. He can go piss off.

41 posted on 1/3/2018, 2:49:10 PM by ScottinVA ( Liberals, go find another country.)

quote:

To: snarkytart

That’s exactly right! I understand that we need to see what the other side (the evil side) is saying but too many people - even freepers - are too weak for this kind of stuff. They immediately get hysterical and think it is all over. It is NOT all over. The good times have just begun.

Go, President Trump, go!

43 posted on 1/3/2018, 3:03:49 PM by miss marmelstein

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

quote:

To: DiogenesLamp

Bannon is a traitor. I stand with Trump and what Sarah Sanders said today in condemning that vile man.

46 posted on 1/3/2018, 3:25:29 PM by bjcoop

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

quote:
To: davikkm

Bannon has always been a pole turtle in that office. He wears the same suede jacket and jeans when in the presence of the President of the United States of America.

He’s got the class of a pill-addict. Even Alex Jones takes a shower and dresses well to respect those around him.

Bannon was just a bad choice, really. The Breitbart thing was a good connection but Trump must have seen this guy for a chump when he showed up to work on day one wearing the same thing from the night before, and subsequently, his last day.

Just the way that Bannon is seen addressing the room in the CNN “mile away sniper footage” is unprofessional and lunatic.

There are smart guys that dress like crap. There are. I have them in my profession. They won’t work for me, but they are out there. There is a reason I ask my people to dress professionally, at all times. It’s called decorum and if you can’t follow decorum when in the oval office - you’re a tool.

39 posted on 1/3/2018, 2:47:24 PM by Celerity

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies

:irony:

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I've read this list several times over and I still can't make out what most of them are referring to. When did Trump fight cookies? Why?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BarbarianElephant posted:

Aren't a lot of heroin addicts these days starting out with legal prescription painkillers?

Yes, states are trying to sue pharma companies becuase of it.

http://www.governing.com/topics/health-human-services/gov-opioid-lawsuits-companies-states-cities.html

Minenfeld! posted:

I've read this list several times over and I still can't make out what most of them are referring to. When did Trump fight cookies? Why?

https://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/about-trumps-oreo-boycott/

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

When did he win? Their list is even more nonsense now.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Minenfeld! posted:

Several times a day. Judging by the crumbs and wrappers littering the Oval Office, the poor things didn't stand a chance.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Minenfeld! posted:

I remember when Trump personally blocked the production of a Ghostbusters reboot with women.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Minenfeld! posted:

When did he win? Their list is even more nonsense now.

Because some idiots on Freep refuse to eat Oreos now I guess. But they all refused to eat them back in 2012 for 'gay oreos' so who knows.

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fruity Rudy fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 4, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

quote:

They ran a con with Scaramucci that few have figured out to this day.
this literally made me laugh out loud reading it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

sheep-dodger posted:

this literally made me laugh out loud reading it.

The only way they can comprehend such a hilariously awful decision is "It was definitely on purpose, but we haven't figured out why yet."

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

gently caress me, that's a thread title.

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!
:siren: Premium Freeper Tears :siren:

Trump’s lawyers send cease-and-desist letter to Bannon

quote:

Looks very bad. Trump is so poorly advised.

11 posted on 1/3/2018, 11:54:42 PM by raiderboy ( "...if we have to close down our government, weÂ’re building that wall")

quote:

ET tu, Bannon?

This really saddens me.

2 posted on 1/3/2018, 11:45:21 PM by Phillyred

quote:

Bannon is a traitor smearing the president’s family like that. Sickens me. Trump needs to put him in his place.

14 posted on 1/3/2018, 11:56:05 PM by bjcoop

quote:

What if Bannon is telling the truth, though?

29 posted on 1/4/2018, 12:04:19 AM by Salvation ("With God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26)

quote:

so disappointing.

42 posted on 1/4/2018, 12:16:06 AM by MNDude (God is not a Republican, but Satan is certainly a Democrat)

Trump disavows Steve Bannon: 'He not only lost his job, he lost his mind'

quote:

No one is smarter than our great President Trump.

This makes no sense at all.

Why would Bannon do anything to threaten President Trump???
What else does he want: A RAT back in the White House or a stupid RINO???

Still, his involvement with Moore in Alabama—and throwing away an otherwise safe GOP senate seat—is unacceptable.
Moore even had a weak history of eking out victories in deep red Alabama.
BTW, it was sickening to watch Vice-President Pence have to swear in two RATS today (Jones and Smith from Minnesota in Franken’s seat).

I hope President Trump keeps tabs on all of Bannon’s shenanigans and doesn’t allow him to jeopardize any other GOP seats.

71 posted on 1/3/2018, 2:00:57 PM by edie1960
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

quote:

I tell you DoughtyOne otherwise decent halfway smart people are living with eyes wide shut, president Trump is literally driving people crazy and there is enough of them where I live that its creating a mass delusion.

On the upside nobody want to talk to me about politics anymore - they think I've got mad political prognostication skills - truth is cromnibus pissed me off and I got lucky - just like a good portion of America.

Go President Trump Go!

294 posted on 1/3/2018, 9:30:47 PM by datricker (Cut Taxes Repeal ACA Deport DACA - Americans First, Build the Wall, Lock her up MAGA!)

quote:

Agree. This has to be a calculated strategy so trump can “appear” to disavow bannon while winking and nodding. What is the end game though? I am not good at four level chess. Somebody please help me out. Thanks.

270 posted on 1/3/2018, 5:34:20 PM by Panhandle.deporable (Future tbesev)

Fruity Rudy fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 4, 2018

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Everything Trump does makes no sense and looks like the actions of an idiot, he must be working on so many levels above us!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
YES EAT YOUR OWN

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Come home to the SA Freep thread and drink deep the tears of the original Useful Idiot brigade.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Freepers: I am not good at four level chess

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Uncle Ulty posted:

Freepers: I am not good at four level chess

Honestly, it's stuff like that which make me think there might be a Man Who Was Thursday thing going on at Freep, where there's the possibility that some (if not most) of them are trolls.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

ET tu, Bannon?
This really saddens me.
2 posted on 1/3/2018, 11:45:21 PM by Phillyred
In my head that guy capitalized the "ET" in "Et tu" because he legitimately thinks the phrase somehow involves E.T.

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!
MORE TEARS. Freepers coming apart at their greasy seams with fear & loathing:
Is Bannon a traitor? Is Trump a fake candidate?

Trump attorney sends Bannon cease and desist letter over 'disparaging' comments

quote:

I actually said, many times during the primary and general, that is is quite possible Trump had no idea that he’d go this far and was mainly just doing it as a publicity stunt, like last time. Except it got legs this time and here we are.

11 posted on 1/4/2018, 9:36:24 AM by robroys woman (So you're not confused, I'm male.)

quote:

This has always been my thought as well. We'll know if that's the case based on if he runs for a second term or not. If he doesn't, it's pretty much solid proof he didn't want to be President, nor intended to win.

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of what he does and says, but he's never struck me as a genuine person or man of character.
23 posted on 1/4/2018, 9:49:58 AM by TexasGunLover ("Either you're with us or you're with the terrorists."-- President George W. Bush)

quote:

There is such a thing as LOYALTY when anyone joins the President of the United States... no matter if they are no longer there.. no matter if they are fired. Bannon has showed his worth.. which is nothing! This damages our country. as all the attacks have.. revenge is likely to backfire on him... after the celebration, there will be a deep fall.. he will be toast!

Wives know to keep their mouths shut or lose alimony. Bannon has done the unthinkable and given the left fodder to live on forever... he will pay dearly for being a traitor. There are too many of us who support Trump. but there are too many who want to read/hear gossip.

It’s posted on this thread and everyone will read it.. disgusting!! Lies are not worth spending time perusing.

16 posted on 1/4/2018, 9:42:02 AM by frnewsjunkie

quote:

I like both guys and hate to see it come to this.

Roy Moore would have helped Trump by causing controversy and distraction in his own right. The Left would have hated him so much they would have to take resources away from Trump.

What stings is that Bannon is quoted as saying Donald Trump Jr. will be in the vise grip of Robert Mueller.

We’re going to find out if that comes true.

17 posted on 1/4/2018, 9:43:12 AM by Spiridon

quote:

Bannon wants to make Trump out to be the “child” figure the left is painting... give them fodder. Trump is far ahead of the media and the establishment... way ahead of them all!

Trump does things HIS way and so far, he’s done more for the country than any other president. the left won’t report any of it, but it will become evident to everyone .. success comes to the surface.. it will effect us all.

Bannon is not only ugly and unkempt looking.. he’s a traitor.

22 posted on 1/4/2018, 9:49:58 AM by frnewsjunkie

quote:

Nobody could be as petty, selfish, shallow and unhappy a person as they are making Trump seem with these BS anecdotes.

If you think there is any truth to this hit piece, ask yourself this: even if Wolff had proof that Trump was as horrible a human being as he is depicting him, why would he publish such a book, unless he hoped to influence public opinion against Trump?

The answer is that he wouldn’t - which demonstrates that is clearly his goal - to smear Trump and damage his public image. Once you accept that is his aim, then you realize he is nothing but a Trump hater whose vision is blinded by that hate, and whose sense of honesty and decency has been compromised by it.

100 posted on 1/4/2018, 3:59:48 PM by enumerated

quote:

Full retard. Never go full retard.

25 posted on 1/4/2018, 9:51:03 AM by Magnum44 (My comprehensive terrorism plan: Hunt them down and kill them)

quote:

Would you agree that if he chooses not to run for re-election, that it's even conceivably possible he didn't want to win and it was just for publicity?
34 posted on 1/4/2018, 9:59:26 AM by TexasGunLover ("Either you're with us or you're with the terrorists."-- President George W. Bush)

quote:

A wrong move. There is no requirement that anyone speak well of the president at all times. Unless a breach of contract is involved this is over-kill and will only fuel more anti-Trump sentiment.

45 posted on 1/4/2018, 10:12:17 AM by lastchance (Credo.)

quote:

Bannon has many symptoms of alcoholism.

92 posted on 1/4/2018, 12:39:49 PM by Rapscallion (The tragedy of religion is that it can make people hate each other.)

quote:

Ordinarily, people can trash the POTUS and his family. We trashed Obama daily.

82 posted on 1/4/2018, 11:42:11 AM by theoilpainte

quote:

Dirty C-sucker...thats about all I have to say about that SOB.

68 posted on 1/4/2018, 10:38:52 AM by crz

Fruity Rudy fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 5, 2018

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

“Aren’t there more important things for Sessions to attend to than this and reviving civil asset forfeiture?”

Apparently not in his mind. I think if somebody told Sessions that Hillary and Huma were selling dope, they would already be in jail.

77 posted on 1/4/2018, 1:04:02 PM by jospehm20

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Freep's all wrapped up on weed today.

quote:

It’s Time to Decriminalize Marijuana
National Review ^ | Jan 04, 2018 | David French
Posted on 1/5/2018, 12:41:41 AM by Oshkalaboomboom

This morning, Twitter sparked to life with the news that Attorney General Jeff Sessions intends to rescind multiple memoranda which effectively made it Justice Department policy not to enforce federal bans on the sale and distribution of marijuana in states that have legalized the drug, so long as those states properly regulated its sale and distribution.

The most famous of these memos was authored in 2013, by then–deputy attorney general James Cole. It expressed the Obama DOJ’s desire that states “prevent diversion of marijuana outside the regulated system,” prohibit access to marijuana by minors, and replace the “illicit marijuana trade that funds criminal enterprises with a tightly regulated market in which revenues are tracked and accounted for.” If these conditions were met, Cole’s policy promised, the Department of Justice would exercise its so-called “prosecutorial discretion” to leave the growing “legal” marijuana industry alone, despite the fact that it exists in direct defiance of applicable federal law.

Sessions’s new policy rescinds the Cole Memo and four other similar memos “effective immediately.” It states that from now on prosecutors “should follow the well-established principles that govern all federal prosecutions” in deciding whether to go after the marijuana industry in states where it has been legalized. Contrary to Huffington Post spin, this isn’t a “crackdown.” It’s a restoration of the rule of law and the end of yet another unconstitutional Obama policy that privileged executive power over the American constitutional structure.

It’s also a policy that Congress and the president should quickly override through new legislation. The time has come to decriminalize marijuana.

During the latter part of his administration, President Obama time and again used memoranda and other extra-legal means to try to change federal law. Moving beyond drug enforcement, Obama took significant independent action pertaining to immigration and civil rights. For example, his administration defied the will of Congress on immigration, granting lawful presence to DREAMers and the parents of lawful residents (DACA and DAPA), and dramatically expanded the scope of Title VII and Title IX to extend protections on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.

Obama often justified his unconstitutional actions by claiming that Congress “failed to act.” What he meant is that Congress failed to do what he wanted. Yet there is no clause in the Constitution that grants the president the authority to disregard the separation of powers to achieve progressive policy goals.

Unfortunately even members of Congress sometimes inadequately defend the legislative branch’s constitutional prerogatives. This morning, Colorado Republican senator Cory Gardner declared that Sessions had contradicted personal assurances made before his confirmation and “trampled on the will of the voters in [Colorado] and other states.” No, senator, this is exactly wrong. Congress banned the cultivation, distribution, and sale of marijuana nationwide. Thus it is Congress that tramples on the will of Colorado voters. It is Congress that is violating federalist principles in law enforcement.

Gardner is positioned exactly where he needs to be to reform America’s drug laws. As a senator, he could introduce or co-sponsor legislation that explicitly decriminalizes marijuana at the federal level and leaves marijuana laws to the states. And there are multiple powerful arguments he could make in support of such a bill.

First, there’s the federalist argument. In a polarized and divided nation, respecting self-governance and state sovereignty becomes more important, not less. So long as state governments respect fundamental constitutional rights, let California be California and let Colorado be Colorado. As a resident of Tennessee, I’m happy to observe the results of their social, legal, and cultural experiments from a distance.

Second, in a nation with a massive prison population that’s so often torn apart by controversy over police shootings and alleged violations of civil rights, it’s important to look for creative ways to decrease police/civilian interactions and lessen government regulation of private behavior. Simply put, we need fewer criminal statutes and fewer prisoners. No one should believe that marijuana decriminalization will make a material difference in mass incarceration (it won’t), but observing places like California and Colorado will teach us whether we can make a modest start without harming public safety.

Finally, it’s important to know whether marijuana actually possesses meaningful medicinal benefits. Our nation is in the grips of an opioid crisis caused in large part by over-prescription of extraordinarily addictive and potent narcotics. In some instances, marijuana could potentially replace harder and more dangerous drugs. Serious scientific study of that potential is warranted, and Congress should make it easier for doctors to conduct such study.

Gardner and other marijuana-sympathetic senators like Rand Paul and Cory Booker should seize this political moment. Republican congressman Tom Garrett Jr. introduced legislation in the House last year that would remove marijuana from Schedule I of the controlled-substances list. National support for legalization is at an all-time high (64 percent, as of late October 2017), and by getting on board, GOP legislators could reach out to new constituencies — young and minority voters — at the same time that they protect civil liberties and advance federalism.

Don’t blame Jeff Sessions for enforcing the law. Instead, write new legislation, pass it through Congress, and put a bill on the president’s desk. It’s time to do the right thing the right, constitutional way.

quote:

Marijuana will be legalized soon because governments have an insatiable appetite for their drug, tax dollars, and this is a new way to feed the addiction without causing much pain to their constituents. Just as it is in alcohol, gasoline and cigarettes, the tax will be built into the product so the consumer won't notice it when they pay at the register. Deaths and ruined lives will just be collateral damage.
1 posted on 1/5/2018, 12:41:41 AM by Oshkalaboomboom

quote:

To: Oshkalaboomboom
Wasn’t aware there was a timetable. When will it be time to legalize heroin?

8 posted on 1/5/2018, 12:52:02 AM by bigbob (People say believe half of what you see son and none of what you hear - M. Gaye)

quote:

“The time has come to decriminalize marijuana.” Wrong. The time has come to criminalize the plant that triggers psychosis, leads to narcotic addiction and stunts activities in the ventromedial prefrontal cortex.

It is time to criminalize abortion, pornography, hiring of illegals, graffiti and same sex “marriage” certificates.

14 posted on 1/5/2018, 1:04:17 AM by Falconspeed ("Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-94))

quote:

To: Swirl
the medical science is indeed accumulating now that pot has snuck out of the shadows in states full of retarded voters. but in response, someone is about to say something about alcohol, and how it’s MUCH more harmful than mere pot, and it’s legal . . . thus, well, you know the rest of that fatuous argument.

16 posted on 1/5/2018, 1:07:18 AM by JohnBrowdie

quote:

It is time to completely eliminate government funded or mandated healthcare for addicts who overdose.

If they have made no provisions and their families, churches, or privately funded charities step in...fine. But if not, they made a choice.

19 posted on 1/5/2018, 1:14:04 AM by MrEdd (Caveat Emptor)

This one is great because there is actually pot going from the US to Mexico now because of the high quality of the stuff grown legally.

quote:

To: Joe Dallas
If we spend a tiny fraction of what we are spending, but seal the border we can win the war on drugs. This has been known for decades.

21 posted on 1/5/2018, 1:15:50 AM by MrEdd (Caveat Emptor)

quote:

As marijuana becomes more accepted and permanently rooted by way of being legalized, the last speck of hope for conservatism in government will disappear.

Marijuana does turn minds to the left. It has already done extreme damage to our government, economy and whole information apparatus over the past 40+ years because of the ways that it has affected the minds of voters.

23 posted on 1/5/2018, 1:17:15 AM by familyop ("R-r-r-uff!" --Curly, "The Three Stooges")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!

Plinkey posted:

quote:

As marijuana becomes more accepted and permanently rooted by way of being legalized, the last speck of hope for conservatism in government will disappear.
:sad: