Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Don’t do drugs!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Pick posted:

Do NOT do drugs.

Just say no (when your fiance's uncle offers you drugs after sex)

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

girl pants posted:

How much do I tip the concierge at Tiffany?
Depends on how they like their steak done.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Willing to trade his niece $10 worth of pills for sex but scared of menses. Period sex would be unclean.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yawgmoth posted:

Look we as a people all just learned exactly how Donald Trump would work to cuckold his employees/business partners, we dont need to settle for calling him an idiot over steak choices.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tiffany is poo poo, at least go Van Cleef and Arpels

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pick posted:

Tiffany is poo poo, at least go Van Cleef and Arpels
It's never not funny to me that Trump named his daughter after Tiffany and Co.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

Yawgmoth posted:

I want it well done on one half and Pittsburgh rare on the other.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

girl pants posted:

"Moving in with your girlfriend is just like having a roommate you can gently caress" - a 20-year-old about to ruin his life

Oh I forgot to mention, yeah he was like 21 when he made that decision.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Re: the ring, she doesn't even want that specific one and it doesn't even have to be $1600

quote:

I told him if he can find those two things elsewhere, I would still be happy with it.
She just wants a low-profile solitaire. Low-profile means it doesn't physically stick out a lot so it doesn't snag on everything. That's like the most reasonable request ever.

sleepwalkers posted:

Modelling isn't sex?
His actual words were that she slept around for money. She's saying she never did that. I don't think she's trying to say camming isn't sex work because lol duh

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

PetraCore posted:

It's never not funny to me that Trump named his daughter after Tiffany and Co.

Honestly, if he was going to name her after high end jewellery, you could do worse than Tiffany.

In an alternate universe, Vacheron Constantin Trump is giving a press briefing.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Nessa posted:

I loving love IKEA. Probably half of my home is IKEA furniture and I've never gotten why IKEA is supposed to be such a relationship tester. Sometimes I like to make a day trip out of it, and sometimes we just go directly to the warehouse section and are in and out. I have occasionally done day trips and lunch at IKEA with my mom.

I think it's probably just because the store is large and linear enough that it can provoke far more aggravation than usual if people are not both on the same page regarding browsing, because it can go on for so long without an end in sight. If you both want to be in and out quickly, or both are excited to furnish an apartment together, or both want something in between it can be a great experience, but the experience of being dragged along for multiple hours window shopping things you don't care about/need or being forced to quickly rush through decisions about home furnishings at a destination shopping location are both pretty awful, something which IKEA's size and design amplify. Add in stylistic differences or other forms of stress (sleep, work, time) and you can see how things would have the potential to blow up.

Dude and GF in the reddit IKEA post is a pretty good example- he basically wanted to look up an item number and retrieve it from the warehouse, while his GF apparently wanted to spend a full day browsing together. At least one of them was always going to be unhappy about the experience.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This thread is making me wish my town still had an Ikea :(

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My (32m) girlfriend (28f) of 8 months acts like a teenager on the internet

quote:

I started noticing her internet behavior more over the past few months and it's been kind of bothering me. My girlfriend is a very intelligent and mature person, but when she gets online it's like she acts totally different.

For one, she sends me screencaps of her "trolling" people. I mean, trolling? She's almost 30. If you haven't outgrown that by your early 20s, I think there's possibly a problem. She thinks these comment wars she gets into are funny, and turning people's words around on them and baiting them is her idea of having fun. She's delighted when someone gets mad at her. I don't see how this can be fun to anyone unless they have a teenager's mindset.

She does this on Twitter, Reddit, and Facebook mainly. Yes, Facebook. I didn't even know it was possible to troll or "shitpost" (learned that one from her) on Facebook. Apparently there's a whole world of Facebook "groups" where people post memes and do things like this, so she gets reinforcement of this kind of humor there. She said she admins a "dank meme stash". The memes don't make any sense. Humor has to have some logic to it, right? But she's just posting pictures of brains in increasing size or these lovely MS Paint drawings about being a male virgin. She also runs an account that she says is part of Weird Twitter where everyone else also posts nonsensical tweets and cross reference each other. She even treats things in this way that no one would think of as funny, like politics. I don't get it.

I guess I just feel like if you can't be serious online at 28, will you ever be? Seeing the things she sends me expecting me to laugh is making me wonder how compatible we are. It seems like a silly thing to break up over. Is this worth talking to her about?

TL;DR My girlfriend's internet behavior and weird sense of humor is making me question how much of an adult she actually is.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

@drilfriend

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
Somebody who is good at dating please help me budget this. My relationship is dying

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

La Brea Carpet posted:

quote:

My -otherwise quite serious and educated- grandfather is a highly active Facebook troll. So keep in mind no one is ever too old.

Second, if this is how your girlfriend blows of steam, as long as she's not harassing, bullying, or otherwise being truly toxic to people online, let her be.

In no way does humor have to make sense; humor is actually drawn from absence of logic (more commonly known as, you guessed it, absurdity), and it's possible you guys simply aren't amused by the same things. It happens.

If she's not hurting anyone, I don't see why you're bothered by her attitude; humor is a sign of good mental health, and should be encouraged.

Hats off to Grandpa Edgelord

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

La Brea Carpet posted:

This guy sounds like the wettest of blankets. I hope he never has kids, he'll give them a dozen complexes about liking the "right things" at X age.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I work across the street from an Ikea and haven't been in it for 3 years. Pretty happy about my life choices tbh.

Also only have 3 pieces of Ikea furniture remaining in the house (bed, office couch, office desk). It pretty much all disintegrates over time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

girl pants posted:

Somebody who is good at dating please help me budget this. My relationship is dying

Stop going to ikea so often

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Barudak posted:

Stop going to ikea so often

no

I have several friends who have, at various points, been really into trolling people on Facebook. Those times did not coincide with times that they had a lot of other stuff going on in their lives. I wonder if GF has a job.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

His actual words were that she slept around for money. She's saying she never did that. I don't think she's trying to say camming isn't sex work because lol duh
Yeah, that's why I was confused about the takeaway that I'd quoted. Camming is sex work, but it certainly is not sex, and definitely not having sex in exchange for money.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
"I wasn't having sex for money! I was just naked and masturbating on camera while interacting with viewers for money!"

Its sex work. Its a form of sex. It may not be PIV sex, but it is sex.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

La Brea Carpet posted:

Yeah, what kind of loser just shitposts on the internet all day.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

La Brea Carpet posted:

I'm dating permabanned poster niggerstomper58.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Dienes posted:

"I wasn't having sex for money! I was just naked and masturbating on camera while interacting with viewers for money!"

[Zizek]
You see the sniff simulacra of the sex act farts leftwardly is the defining characteristic of this so called gurgle digital age.

We have invented snort fuckbots and they are us.
[/Zizek]

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Andy Dufresne posted:

I work across the street from an Ikea and haven't been in it for 3 years. Pretty happy about my life choices tbh.

Also only have 3 pieces of Ikea furniture remaining in the house (bed, office couch, office desk). It pretty much all disintegrates over time.

My oldest piece of IKEA furniture is a Billy bookcase that's probably around 30 or more years old and has survived 4 moves.

I'll admit it's made of sturdier stuff than my Benno shelves though. Some of those have had to have a bit of extra work done to keep them from falling apart.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Dienes posted:

I feel like you're splitting hairs here to call the girl a whore when, in fact, what she did is the least-concerning part of the entire post.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Dienes posted:

I don't think jerkin' off in front of a camera is intercourse.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This isnt an episode of Case Closed, we know who the badguy is. Theres no twist where she becomes the villain who poisoned his drink but he marries her anyway*.

*Real episode of Case Closed, holy poo poo

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Baronjutter posted:

This thread is making me wish my town still had an Ikea :(

My entire state doesn't have an ikea and they only recently started shipping here but the cost of shipping is high enough that you may as well get real furniture.

All these people saying don't shop at ikea are taking their ikea privilege for granted.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Holy hell did you make this? I love it.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

La Brea Carpet posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/699436292057272320

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Dienes posted:

He said she was sleeping around for money. She wasn't sleeping around at all. Camming is definitely sex work but there's a reason it's not the same as actually having sex with strangers for money.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

This isnt an episode of Case Closed, we know who the badguy is. Theres no twist where she becomes the villain who poisoned his drink but he marries her anyway*.

*Real episode of Case Closed, holy poo poo

I can’t reconcile you having a good job with knowing what case closed is. *looks in the mirror* oh my god

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

fruit on the bottom posted:

Hats off to Grandpa Edgelord

lol thinking trolling on the internet is funny is definitely not a sign of good mental health

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

lol thinking trolling on the internet is funny is definitely not a sign of good mental health

Oh c'mon, a grandpa troll would be awesome. Just stepping in to tell internet Nazis that he's fought real Nazis and they weren't pussies hiding behind a keyboard.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

girl pants posted:

I feel like you're splitting hairs here to call the girl a whore when, in fact, what she did is the least-concerning part of the entire post.

Never said she was a whore or that sex work was a bad thing. Also, different people can point out different things from a single post!

When I see people jumping through semantic hoops like she is, I see someone who isn't an honest narrator.

sleepwalkers posted:

I don't think jerkin' off in front of a camera is intercourse.

Never said it was intercourse, just that it was a form of sex.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Dienes posted:

Never said she was a whore or that sex work was a bad thing. Also, different people can point out different things from a single post!

When I see people jumping through semantic hoops like she is, I see someone who isn't an honest narrator.

Never said it was intercourse, just that it was a form of sex.

Bro she literally said in the post that she was a camgirl who stopped camming when it was bothering her boyfriend and her boyfriend said she was meeting up with people to have sex with them against his wishes. That isn't 'semantic hoops', that's straight up lying on his part. And nobody said it wasn't sex work so I don't know why you're arguing that at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
It's not though :shrug: