Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Franchescanado posted:

Drew Tarver yelling "Oh come on, that was a great premise for someone to come on this show!" was great.

I also love Ming.

I hated that nobody would not get on board with Carstody Battle; I loved the meta discussion of "What's wrong with Ming?"

I wish CBB had an excuse to do a big, high energy room more often than twice a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno why it's a surprise to me that guest bands don't actually play in the corner. I mean, I've seen photos of the studio before.

edit: Lauren really should have sung CD Baby to the tune of Santa Baby multiple times.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 19, 2017

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I always thought Brett was a very talented musician, but very much in a dad rock kinda mold. That he's in a band with dude from The Unicorns is kinda amazing to me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mIZooCIQ3o

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
What a big sweaty ep. MC sugar butt Got so many laughs he must’ve been making awesome faces in person too.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Wish I could have seen Mike Hanford mime walking

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The idea that Chris Matthews' favorite movie is The Secret of NIMH seems oddly plausible.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I'm really bothered that Brett and Mister Heavenly's clothes changed between performing songs.

Chris Matthews had me laughing the whole time. Glad Adomian's back and better than ever.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Back with a classic unintelligible impression.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Where's my ep????????

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I think he said on Monday's ep that they'd be back "next week" with the best of episodes.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, pretty sure it's Monday-Thursday-Monday-Thursday, starting on Christmas day.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Franchescanado posted:

Christmas day.

the one as big as me?

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Please Don't Joke About I, Robot This Christmas is on Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/track/3BCSoSg5D4hA2ILrQmRgLJ

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The Pee Cast Blast episode is on Stitcher. It's pretty good. There may be no character less fully realized than Lapkus coming out as Waldo. It goes absolutely nowhere, she has no idea what she even is or why she's out there, and may as well be doing the voice of HoHo, but dammit she still succeeds in making it funny. Scott has no idea what to do with it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
How was NPH? I'm finally digging into my backlog and had no idea he was on.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

not bad

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

The most interestingest.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
For once, a celebrity guest that's arguably bigger than the show is actually into the show and on board with the improv. It was pretty good.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Merry Cakemass!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O-hCZ9_7U8

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Not a bad first 4 episodes on the Best-Of from today. "Is it called Jew: The Movie?" absolutely killed me, that was not expected at all.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I've missed Lapkus so much. Also, Neil Campbell should be on the show a lot more.

"I'll dance on your grave."

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I completely forgot about that family band ep. That was great.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It really was, and they need to do more large group improv interactions like that. PFT at his goddamned best.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
https://twitter.com/CarolineEAnd/status/946607149357993984

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGjUS8wTsPE

:argh: drat, Daniel

They're already so punchy, this has been a good run of Best Ofs

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Pt4 is almost 3 1/2 hours long somehow.

edit: 35mins on Mr. Microphone would do it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jan 4, 2018

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
No one has time to listen to the best ofs, they should make a best of the best ofs!!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

They play longer clips as they go further up the rankings. Plus the fans demand forty minutes of Mr Microphone discussion.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Premise 1: the best ofs are a great jumping on point for new fans: you hear the funniest segments of the year with just enough setup to give you an idea of what the show can be without getting bogged down in in-jokes and so on.

Premise 2: we should set up the clips by talking about “Mr. Microphone” for most of an hour.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Hey good lookin

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Work Friend Keven posted:

Premise 1: the best ofs are a great jumping on point for new fans: you hear the funniest segments of the year with just enough setup to give you an idea of what the show can be without getting bogged down in in-jokes and so on.

Premise 2: we should set up the clips by talking about “Mr. Microphone” for most of an hour.

I vote for premise 2

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't listen which episodes won

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Help Im Alive posted:

I didn't listen which episodes won

same. I listened to the first one but I have too many podcasts backlogged from the holidays to listen to stuff I already listened to and Mr Microphone nonsense.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So uh, is this CBB's last year? Scott's message at the end of the pod has me a bit worried :ohdear:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

He's been saying things that would seem to lead into ending the show since the 500th. So not immediately or even soon but maybe sometime, eventually.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I stopped listening for basically all of 2016 and came back fresh in 2017 -- lots of new people, new characters, and a shitload of fantastic eps. It feels as fresh as ever and I hope it doesn't stop any time soon.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The Mr. Microphone bit in the best if was worth it because you get stories of Scott being terrible at buying Christmas presents, which was fun

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Papa John Misty posted:

I stopped listening for basically all of 2016 and came back fresh in 2017 -- lots of new people, new characters, and a shitload of fantastic eps. It feels as fresh as ever and I hope it doesn't stop any time soon.

That's almost my experience exactly; the last year really feels like a renewal of the show

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I'm assuming at least part of it is Scott having a little more time after the TV show ended. It felt like a lot of his issue was just being run down and tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

whydirt posted:

I'm assuming at least part of it is Scott having a little more time after the TV show ended. It felt like a lot of his issue was just being run down and tired.

He's been hinting at a big project in the works, so maybe he has another tv project coming up. I'd be fine if cbb was pushed down to monthly (not happy, but I'd live) it it mean Scott could have more recognizable success