Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

moush posted:

Don't spend 15k gold on any hero unless you are maxed out on heroes. As someone who's only missing about 10 heroes, the gold gain slows a lot once you earn all your level 5 bonuses. Just wait a week until they drop to 10k at least.

This is accurate. I have 7 heroes to go and I'm able to play just enough to save 10K gold and pick up the new hero right after the price drop. The only thing that puts you ahead of this curve is playing a poo poo ton of games or getting stimpacks for extra gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Having been there since beta helps too

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Wow, never really looked at his character model before. Looks like a damned Dark Souls boss.

Shark + Pyramid Head.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
When's Blaze estimated to come out?

ToastyPotato posted:

Wow, never really looked at his character model before. Looks like a damned Dark Souls boss.

Lol, that's EXACTLY how I described him. :v:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I never realized until now how stupid he looked. It’s literally a shark head on snowplow arms.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

Its concept art and his actual model doesn't look anywhere near as cool as that.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Cuntellectual posted:

When's Blaze estimated to come out?

Standard is 2 weeks PTR so Tuesday the 16th

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The leaked info suggests the 9th, but no idea how old that information is.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wait they took away Garroshes pull? What the hell for? Did they at least bump his atrocious dmg to make up for it?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

Wait they took away Garroshes pull? What the hell for? Did they at least bump his atrocious dmg to make up for it?

Nope.

Libertine posted:

I never realized until now how stupid he looked. It’s literally a shark head on snowplow arms.

YOU look stupid. :colbert:

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Because it was too haaaaaard

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Because having the second most powerful displacement in the game be part of what was arguably one of the easiest skill combinations to perform earned Garrosh a 90% banrate across all leagues and modes, and that's not healthy for the game.

Word on the street is that Garrosh will be getting a rework to compensate. The Pull > Stun change was a band-aid patch so people would actually play him and give Blizzard data on his performance.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kith posted:

so people would actually play him and give Blizzard data on his performance.

Hey Blizzard here's my data for this Garrosh change:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20LENVOqydQ

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

garrosh is still a 1st ban in a lot of matches I've been in

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

moush posted:

Don't spend 15k gold on any hero unless you are maxed out on heroes. As someone who's only missing about 10 heroes, the gold gain slows a lot once you earn all your level 5 bonuses. Just wait a week until they drop to 10k at least.
I will take your advice then, and hold off buying blaze at release. I played a bunch of games today with friends, including more than a few full five man games. Got a few more heroes to 5.

Kharazim - Won four out of the five games it took to get him to 5. He seems like a solid healer, but I don't think he is a favorite. I like the speedboost talent on breath of heaven, and managed to save some allies by dashing to them to give them a delivery of health and speed. His healing never feels super high though. It is passable, but at the same time, I always found myself wishing he could heal a little more. He does seem to bring some damage utility to the table too though, with things like seven sided strike. Overall, I would say that I liked him, but I probably liked Rhegar more. I don't see him as a being a immediate purchase.

Zagara - Won four of the six games it took to get her to 5. I mainly went with baneling focused talents. Nydus is an extremely interesting ultimate, though I feel I usualy wasn't exploiting it well. She does certainly seem to siege well by throwing banelings at structures. Overall though, I can't say I am too attached to her. I did feel like I wasn't as impactful in teamfights as I might have liked, aside from chucking banelings into the fray and hoping people got exploded by them. Granted, I am sure that more experienced Zagaras than I can probably pull off some good moves.

Lucio - Won four of the five games it took to get him to 5. With a full team of 5 coordinating over voice chat, he seems quite good. His healing is low until 16, at which point that percentage talent makes it much more substantial. Between the utility of speed boost, his powerful sound barrier ultimate, booping, bodyblocking, and reasonable healing, I could see a well played Lucio as being a huge contributing factor to winning games. He feels like he takes a lot of work to actually play well, but I see a lot of payoff there.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 5, 2018

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Shadowlyger posted:

Because it was too haaaaaard

Maybe it's a bad comparison, but compared to Stitches who's another "displacement tank" largely built around being able to drag someone out of position, Garrosh's ability to create a zone of "don't step here or you're probably going to get killed" seemed vastly stronger in comparison given that his displacement doesn't come in the form of a telegraphed projectile. Yes, you have to combo abilities with him, but one of them was essentially a point and click, and it's not like you even needed the combo since both parts of it worked well individually as well as in concert.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

AlmightyBob posted:

garrosh is still a 1st ban in a lot of matches I've been in

old habits die hard. Generally HotsLogs shows Dehaka being the number one ban, but as far out as Garrosh used to lead the pack. Sylvanas and Sonya probably could be banned more often, given their winrates and popularity.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

:nsa:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What am I supposed to be looking at?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

New Bringwing skin?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Flying monkey still the best skin

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I decided to end the night on a team that immediately backed off when I pinged retreat at the coin turn-in on Blackheart's even though we had 4 people there and probably could have taken them. 4 seconds later, Wailing Arrow came off cooldown, I pinged to go back in, EVERYONE LISTENED, I landed arrow on Illidan and Sonya, and we beat the ever loving poo poo out of them. IT WAS A GOOD GAME.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Filthy Monkey posted:

Zagara - Won four of the six games it took to get her to 5. I mainly went with baneling focused talents. Nydus is an extremely interesting ultimate, though I feel I usualy wasn't exploiting it well. She does certainly seem to siege well by throwing banelings at structures. Overall though, I can't say I am too attached to her. I did feel like I wasn't as impactful in teamfights as I might have liked, aside from chucking banelings into the fray and hoping people got exploded by them. Granted, I am sure that more experienced Zagaras than I can probably pull off some good moves.

You've played other MOBAs before this, yeah? Because you seem to be winning quite a bit and your summaries of the heroes are pretty spot on in general.

For Zag, the key is the passive on her Nydus. If you're standing on creep, your auto attacks lower all of your cooldowns, including Nydus and creep. Lets you get a shitton of summons during teamfights.

My playstyle feels good for teamfights. 75% of my damage will be from Hydralisks, 20% will be from AAs, 5% from banelings and roach drop. Outside of teamfights, banelings are for zoning or AOE waves.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Y'know, I think I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I'm just not a good support player. Dicking around in AI mode with Stukov or Alexstrasza is fun, but in actual games with actual people I always feel like I'm just fumbling around and never really making any difference where I need to. It's not necessarily that I'm a super great player otherwise but at least I can generally manage a 50% winrate with other characters, but my support game is hot garbage.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

RIP creep talents Zagara

Ryuujin posted:

The leaked info suggests the 9th, but no idea how old that information is.

The PTR notes say: "Blaze Heroic Bundle – Available until January 22, 2017"
Bundles are usually a two week deal (just like the 15.000 gold price-tag) if I'm not mistaken. So yeah, that would mean next week.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

PTR Notes posted:

Our next Heroes of the Storm patch has just hit the Public Test Realm and will be available for playtesting until January 8.
Very easy to infer Blaze is coming out next week.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
I mainly play tanks, and I'd rather play hanamura 3 times than play against old garrosh. Nothing in this game feels worse than being tossed over a wall to death.

I'm glad your stupid orc hitler is neutered, and I rue the day he made it into this game.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Mierenneuker posted:

RIP creep talents Zagara

Firebat implemented faithfully then :hai:

He should also be p. baller on Braxis Holdout, both for the beacons and for the zerg wave. So to those of y'all who hate Braxis: need a light?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Your previous post made me lament the loss of old Zagara, the one who had creep talents at pretty much ever level. As opposed to current Zagara who has two (13 and 20). That is what I was referring too (although I admit that she was ridiculous back then and the changes were inevitable).

But yeah, Firebat will not be kind to her (current iteration) either.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Protip: Don't forget about the enemy Murky when you try to rush core

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpxWGXqq0Sg

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Spudd posted:

New Bringwing skin?

More like an old unreleased one, likely done as an experiment because it's just a texture edit of the original. I was digging around in the PTR files to see if there was any other hidden poo poo like there tends to be in every patch and found the skin references for it, and it turns out that you can actually see the skin in-game if you paste "battlenet://heroes/skin/1/BrightwingBaseVar3" (if you're on NA, if you're on the PTR change the 1 to 98) into the chatbar and click the link.

I'll let you guys know if I find anything else interesting.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Watching Grubby play Blaze, I think that Combustion might honestly wind up being the better ult. Bunker Drop is funny and you can use it every fight, but the movement speed penalty you take while charging Combustion isn't as big a deal when you consider that Blaze is an aggressive rank with a charge stun initiator and a trait that gives him armor along with self-healing, so when it comes to teamfighting you can get right into the middle of the enemy team and start charging it up. If people run out of the AoE then chances are they're running in a direction opposite the squishies you're screening for. I guess the big risk is getting stunned out of it, though you can always go with New Habits at 1 to add unstoppable to your trait if that's a concern.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Mierenneuker posted:

Your previous post made me lament the loss of old Zagara, the one who had creep talents at pretty much ever level. As opposed to current Zagara who has two (13 and 20). That is what I was referring too (although I admit that she was ridiculous back then and the changes were inevitable).

But yeah, Firebat will not be kind to her (current iteration) either.

I got zagara to level 20 before the nerf and have played her 5 times since. It's just not the same :smith:

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Kai Tave posted:

Y'know, I think I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I'm just not a good support player. Dicking around in AI mode with Stukov or Alexstrasza is fun, but in actual games with actual people I always feel like I'm just fumbling around and never really making any difference where I need to. It's not necessarily that I'm a super great player otherwise but at least I can generally manage a 50% winrate with other characters, but my support game is hot garbage.

Here's a good guide by a GM Support main that may be a bit outdated but gives some good insight on how to play the role.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/145joZjb9bhyInwGMFKbGFeB6A5-uYRxVjQDO6eK8Nsg/edit

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Macaluso posted:

Protip: Don't forget about the enemy Murky when you try to rush core

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpxWGXqq0Sg

I was hoping it was going to be a Neverending Murloc win.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The video I watched where someone was testing things, if you start Combustion then even if you get Stunned it will go off at the end of the max charging time.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kai Tave posted:

Watching Grubby play Blaze, I think that Combustion might honestly wind up being the better ult. Bunker Drop is funny and you can use it every fight, but the movement speed penalty you take while charging Combustion isn't as big a deal when you consider that Blaze is an aggressive rank with a charge stun initiator and a trait that gives him armor along with self-healing, so when it comes to teamfighting you can get right into the middle of the enemy team and start charging it up. If people run out of the AoE then chances are they're running in a direction opposite the squishies you're screening for. I guess the big risk is getting stunned out of it, though you can always go with New Habits at 1 to add unstoppable to your trait if that's a concern.

Yes. A dash followed by delayed explosion is a poo poo-tier ability. Just look at notoriously never-picked hero D.va.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I have found that whatever damage I could be doing while Combustion is charging is not worth the damage that it deals, even at maximum charge. The slow is nice, but I've yet to see it do any serious work for me yet (although that's probably because I play with a guy who loving loves Thrall and takes Earthquake constantly). Besides, having Bunker on-hand as a form of Ice Block and a general distraction is super nice, and it reminds me a lot of how I used to use Tychus's Laser Drill.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Surprised they have not hotfixed Hanzo yet, he does way too much damage with scatter shot. Dude can solo bosses at lvl 16 in like 10 seconds.

moush fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

moush posted:

Surprised they have not hotfixed Hanzo yet, he does way too much damage with scatter shot. Dude can solo bosses at lvl 16 in like 10 seconds.
They didn't bother hotfixing Falstad when his trait was bugged to always be on, Hanzo being able to clear mercs fast is not a game-breaking emergency.