Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

So it's the hydraulic actuator compressing the coil spring that lowers the car? It looks like it leaves almost no travel at all in that damper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I am the 1 guy that has never watched a roadkill.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

slidebite posted:

I envy you, so many good eps to watch. IMO lots of not so good ones too.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
n the single viewing of the vid and 30sec of thought I assumed the coil spring actuator only brings the coil spring into or out of play with regards to wanting the torsion bar system working or not.
But changing the spring via that actuator does both jobs, ie compress spring = lower ride height and take it out of play and leave only the torsion bar.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 5, 2018

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Fo3 posted:

I envy you, so many good eps to watch. IMO lots of not so good ones too.

It is hit and miss. The recent one with the dirt car was a miss since oh they bought a new POS and have to struggle to get it to run and take the bonnet off and now are doing badly at some event... how new.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

slidebite posted:

I haven't either.

I think I am old enough that I juuuuust missed watching "programs" on youtube being a normal thing.

I don't think I've ever used youtube for more than a car review, short bike video, movie trailer, home diy thing.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

eyebeem posted:

I haven't either.

I think I am old enough that I juuuuust missed watching "programs" on youtube being a normal thing.

I don't think I've ever used youtube for more than a car review, short bike video, movie trailer, home diy thing.

Roadkill is ok. If you haven't watched Project Binky though you're doing yourself a disservice.

Edit: how can motherfucking eyebeem be too cool for the internet

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Larrymer posted:

Roadkill is ok. If you haven't watched Project Binky though you're doing yourself a disservice.

Edit: how can motherfucking eyebeem be too cool for the internet

I dedicate all of my internet time to SA and chainreactioncycles.

Haven't watched Project Binky, either.

Sounds like I should free up some time and bond with my 9 year old over car videos. Grand Tour has been meh.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Fo3 posted:

n the single viewing of the vid and 30sec of thought I assumed the coil spring actuator only brings the coil spring into or out of play with regards to wanting the torsion bar system working or not.
But changing the spring via that actuator does both jobs, ie compress spring = lower ride height and take it out of play and leave only the torsion bar.

Dave Inc's issue is that there doesn't seem to be any independent offset control between the spring force linkage and the damper linkage.
If you compress the coil spring, you push in the piston on the damper. My guess is that DSSV stuff works great even with 1/2" or whatever of piston travel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

eyebeem posted:

Sounds like I should free up some time and bond with my 9 year old over car videos. Grand Tour has been meh.

Watch old Top Gear with him. It's so much better than GT.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, I found it!

Years ago I had this on a VHS, but I lost it when moving at one point. Now this is pawd racing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di_OyskxewQ

Edit: the 1989 one is even better (also on a lost tape), with the head to head format. Sadly that one doesn't seem to exist online.

Nidhg00670000 fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 5, 2018

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

eyebeem posted:

How is watching Grand Tour on Amazon, an internet store normal...but watching Roadkill on Youtube, an internet video host weird?

Watch roadkill ya friggen weirdo.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

eyebeem posted:

Grand Tour has been meh.

Yeah, this is pretty bad. Your kid probably won't appreciate binky, but Roadkill is good for all ages.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

Watch old Top Gear with him. It's so much better than GT.

We've watched every episode of Top Gear several times together since he was born. Hell, my 15 year old daughter has been watching Top Gear since she was a baby.

Cage posted:

How is watching Grand Tour on Amazon, an internet store normal...but watching Roadkill on Youtube, an internet video host weird?

Watch roadkill ya friggen weirdo.

Because the Prime video app works like Netflix on my television, and I've been conditioned to think of Youtube as "short videos uploaded by people" since I primarily used it back when that's all that it was?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

eyebeem posted:

Because the Prime video app works like Netflix on my television, and I've been conditioned to think of Youtube as "short videos uploaded by people" since I primarily used it back when that's all that it was?
The youtube app casts like any other video app.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

New roadkill motherfuckers! Stubby Bob is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbbq4Vapp1Q

I really preferred it with the vintage 2-ton front wheels. They're being pussies about the split rims. Could have at least uses a modern F-350 or whatever straight axle and matching dually-style wheels.

That said, Stubby Bob is awesome - and man, how many blue balls can one truck have?
Definitely lands better now until Tony bent the ever loving poo poo out of the front axle. Told you they should have used a truck axle.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
https://twitter.com/AnselElgort/status/948932812928897024

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cage posted:

The youtube app casts like any other video app.

Yes, I understand how to use Youtube. Thanks.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Tells me I'm not authorized to view these tweets.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
That looks so fun!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hawkeye donuts, best donuts. It's what I look forward to the most about big snows.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

eyebeem posted:

Totally me too. And yes, everyone and their brother tells me that Binky is totally my thing but there's some reason it just seems like a PITA time commitment to watch an episode.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Thumposaurus posted:

Tells me I'm not authorized to view these tweets.

Just refresh the page. I get that about half the time on Twitter, it's poo poo.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Darchangel posted:

I really preferred it with the vintage 2-ton front wheels. They're being pussies about the split rims. Could have at least uses a modern F-350 or whatever straight axle and matching dually-style wheels.
They at least need front wheels that match them in size. The new ones are way too dinky.

But maybe since Tony broke the front axle they'll get a chance to get some beefier wheels on there.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

This, and snow forts is the only purpose for cold/snow.
Oh, storing beer, I guess.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Darchangel posted:

This, and snow forts is the only purpose for cold/snow.
Oh, storing beer, I guess.

Snowmobiles, skiing, sledding.. basically if there's something that seems like it would be fun if there was less friction, snow is what you want to have around.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

They at least need front wheels that match them in size. The new ones are way too dinky.

But maybe since Tony broke the front axle they'll get a chance to get some beefier wheels on there.

It was even worse when they had the temporary wheels on there. 15" wheels looked incredibly dinky. The 20s or whatever they moved up to were much better, at least. They definitely needed the modern brakes afforded by the new axle. A truck axle should have size-appropriate ones, as well.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

Snowmobiles, skiing, sledding.. basically if there's something that seems like it would be fun if there was less friction, snow is what you want to have around.

Eh, those three you can do with wheels or water, and not die shivering at the same time.
You might be getting the impression I'm not a fan of cold. My version of Hell is the Viking one - all frozen.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cold owns, because if you get chilly you can throw on another layer.

Heat sucks because there is a limit to how naked you can get.

Cars are better in the cold than the heat too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

xzzy posted:

Heat sucks because there is a limit to how naked you can get.

Only God can tell me how naked I'm allowed to be.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

I'm the burned out headlight

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I drove 10 miles in the middle of the blizzard yesterday specifically to do donuts in a state park beach parking lot. Because in this weather there is nobody within a mile of it so nobody gives a poo poo.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

eyebeem posted:

Yes, I understand how to use Youtube. Thanks.

eyebeem posted:

I had hoped it helped. Watch roadkill!

Cage fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 5, 2018

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiUphpBwtWw&t=22s

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/4703/Nerds-Eye-View-The-Cars-of-PRI.aspx

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Pretty much.

:yayclod: Saving this for when I get home from work.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

I'm the burned out headlight
It's not even the one behind the battery. No excuse for it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rhyno posted:

Only God can tell me how naked I'm allowed to be.

when your fingers go numb, then grey, then black, then start falling off, that's nature's way of telling you you're too naked

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Memento posted:

when your fingers go numb, then grey, then black, then start falling off, that's nature's way of telling you you're too naked

ONLY GOD TELLS ME HOW NAKED I AM ALLOWED TO BE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Memento posted:

Theb wjat’