Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
hold on theres a bit at the end i forgot to add

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

the lecher posted:

The most remarkable part of the afternoon was that King Khalid, who was no youngster and suffered from chronic tuberculosis of a hip joint, did a full round and saw every one of the loyal casualties. He was not taken to see the solitary rebel casualty admitted under heavy guard. A story had it that when His Majesty went into a single room occupied by a young soldier, who had sustained severe abdominal injuries with multiple small bowel fistulae, the young soldier exclaimed at the top of his voice, thanked the monarch for coming to see him, swore eternal loyalty, and declared that he was prepared to lay down his life for his King. I mentioned this case only because after the visit there was a royal edict that no effort must be spared to save the young soldier’s life. As I had already established the Nutrition Support Service, he was referred to me for the care of his small bowel fistulas, even though I did not do his original abdominal surgery. His management was to occupy my time for the next six weeks. One of the first things that we did was to have him transferred to the ICU for close monitoring. Because he had multiple small bowel fistulas that were contaminating his abdominal cavity, requiring repeated abdominal wash-outs, it was decided to leave his abdominal cavity open. A zipper was put in place. Using this method we were able to wash out his abdominal cavity daily in the ICU, with him under heavy sedation. The daily abdominal wash outs, however, ruined my back and I have suffered from chronic backache ever since. The challenge with his TPN regimen was that he was extremely hyper-catabolic. His body, in responding to the severe trauma and chronic infection, was breaking down his muscle protein at a rapid rate. The standard treatment in those days was to try to meet his excessive metabolic demands. This approach was known as hyper-alimentation. We had estimated that he required some 5,000 kilocalories a day and at least 25 grams of protein nitrogen. We were able to provide such massive requirements only if he had an intravenous feed made up of large amounts of 70 per cent dextrose and 20 per cent Intralipid, in addition to the amino acids solutions. Intralipid is a special fat emulsion that is reputed not to cause fat embolism. Because of the large amounts of sugar given intravenously, it was a challenge to keep his blood sugar level under control. Periodically, he would slip into hyper-osmolar diuresis, passing large volumes of urine because of the raised blood sugar levels. He was often at risk of developing serious fluid depletion. We eventually had to institute a regimen of intravenous insulin, using an infusion pump, to counter the effects of raised blood sugar. It was a very labour-intensive task to titrate his insulin doses to his blood sugar levels. The nurses on the ICU worked extremely hard to achieve a near normal blood sugar level. Because of his muscle protein breakdown and the difficulty to supply his excessively increased metabolic requirements, he became more and more malnourished. He ended up being so malnourished and protein deficient that his small bowel fistulas would not heal. As his small bowel wall had become very friable, he was developing even more fistulas. I was with him most days and evenings for over six weeks before he slipped away late one evening. I was very impressed during all that time by his fortitude, so his passing away was rather unexpected and quite a shock. Apparently he suddenly collapsed from severe septic shock, a complication of his contaminated and infected wounds. Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation was unsuccessful. The nurses who had helped me to look after him were devastated. I wrote a letter to the nurses, thanking them for their dedication and hard work, putting his death into context. I hoped that by showing my appreciation they would be less demoralised. I did not know if the letter made any difference, but I felt it was something I had to do. I certainly felt better after writing it. Rehearsing the context of his demise helped me to put his death into proper perspective.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
This was after the siege of the Mecca mosque, and the king of Saudi Arabia was so impressed with their work that everyone in the hospital was given a bonus of two months salary, which Rene used to buy a Porsche 944, the only person in the country to have one at the time.

Then a television program was broadcast in Britain was broadcast that offended the king, so all the British staff lost their bonuses lol.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

the lecher posted:

I had been a consultant surgeon for less than a year when I was approached by the Professor of Surgery at the King Saud University Medical School in Riyadh to take on the task of teaching female undergraduates at his university. After I had agreed, the professor and I spent much time discussing the syllabus and the content of my course. What was very memorable in our discussion was his warning that I must resist any temptation to flirt with the girls as that would spell trouble for the girl and for me as there were strict rules governing such matters in Saudi Arabia. I was able to assure him that I abide by very strict ethical rules and am highly disciplined on such matters. Very soon I had my assignment of six bright and keen young women medical students. They seemed to be very open and fearless. They would venture into discussions with me on all manner of subjects from politics, women rights, personal relations, to their own circumstances. What I noticed, which mirrored my own experience at medical school in London, was that the girls appeared to be keener and more hardworking than the boys. When assigned to be on emergency take (on call for emergencies) with me, the girls would stick around in the hospital till late at night. Many of them would turn up at the hospital, wearing jeans and even tight fitting t-shirts, revealing their figure for all to see. When asked what motivated them to study medicine, they told me that they welcomed the challenges and independence. They would much rather be in a hospital where exciting incidents took place than be bored sitting at home. I believe that quite a few of the girls were aware that they were making history.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

. It was through reading the Fear of Flying by Erica Yong that I became familiar with the term ‘zipless gently caress’ which is sex purely for pleasure between total strangers, sans emotion. I was in sympathy with the call for women’s emancipation and so it was not difficult for me to empathise with my female medical students.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoTapir posted:

Just noticed I made some mistakes with the frame timing.

Beautiful..

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

When assigned to be on emergency take (on call for emergencies) with me, the girls would stick around in the hospital till late at night. Many of them would turn up at the hospital, wearing jeans and even tight fitting t-shirts, revealing their figure for all to see.

lmbo

Classic Rene mixture of leching and vague puritanical contempt.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
There's a whole chapter about the women of Saudi Arabia.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
He actually seems to have lived a cool and meaningful life and done good things. Who cares if he had some cranky grandpa political opinions in later life? I'd kill to have some of his experiences.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Yeah honestly these excerpts are really making me come around on the lechster.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

The Great Lecher Heel-Face Turn is the best thing yet in 2018. Hope he's not dead. And if he is, hope he's in Lecher Valhalla, surrounded by post-90s beauties.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
ok thats enough for one day

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
"Erica Yong" :lol: yeah, that book must have made a real impact.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
https://twitter.com/SCMP_News/status/949248712202735616

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

ok thats enough for one day

A woman, mentored by a Chinese guy, working in nephrology at the Riyadh military hospital? Good thing he didn't use her real name!

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

5,000 years of History in Plun'Qing: Rene Chang is actually Good

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I went to see the new Star Wars movie and an audible murmur of consternation rippled through the crowd when Finn (who is black) kissed Rose (who is Asian) on the lips.

It's going to be interesting to see how the next movie does in China since they clearly seemed to be setting those two up as a romantic interest.

Spoiler tag for my fellow China goons, even though it's not that major of a plot point, because the film finally opened just today in this benighted corner of the world.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Known Lecher posted:

I went to see the new Star Wars movie and an audible murmur of consternation rippled through the crowd when Finn (who is black) kissed Rose (who is Asian) on the lips.

It's going to be interesting to see how the next movie does in China since they clearly seemed to be setting those two up as a romantic interest.

Spoiler tag for my fellow China goons, even though it's not that major of a plot point, because the film finally opened just today in this benighted corner of the world.
Just like the guy who got roughed up on the airplane, they'll learn Rose's actress is Vietnamese, and will immediately cease to give a poo poo. :v:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Tupperwarez posted:

Just like the guy who got roughed up on the airplane, they'll learn Rose's actress is Vietnamese, and will immediately cease to give a poo poo. :v:

"Jungle Asians"

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
naked man in shanghai beats a traffic cop with a shoe

:nws: https://imgur.com/a/MOBFo :nws:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Known Lecher posted:

The moment I saw that bit in the cinema I thought "China's gonna cut that bit or there will be rioting on the streets."

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

big time bisexual posted:

Ah, the infamous cigarette lighter. No wonder the ladies liked Haier. :rimshot:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Hey Bajaj, are you still in Thailand? Just wondering if you've partaken in all the new rage:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/penis-whitening-thailand-trend-procedure-bleaching-white-a8141426.html

quote:

A Bangkok clinic has started offering patients penis whitening, a procedure which works via laser treatment.

The Lelux Hospital is already a hit amongst those requesting skin whitening in more conventional parts of the body, however, the new service is reportedly attracting three to four clients every day.

The controversial procedure has caused a stir on Thai TV and social media after the hospital published images of a client undergoing the treatment on Thursday.

“These days a lot of people are asking about it,” revealed Bunthita Wattanasiri, manager for the skin and laser department at the hospital.

“We have to be careful because it’s a sensitive part of the body,” he told AFP.

The clinic started offering the treatment after a patient came in complaining about “dark part” on his groin.

Now they see more than 100 men a month, most of whom are between the ages of 22 and 55, Wattanasiri claims.

A large number of the clinic’s clients are also part of Thailand’s LGBTQ community, reports the South China Morning Post.

The treatment currently costs $650 (£480) for five sessions.

It’s not the first time that The Lelux Hospital has been embroiled in controversy.

Last year, a viral Facebook post revealed that the clinic had started offering a “3D Vagina” procedure in which women could have their own fat injected into their genitals for a fuller aesthetic.

The treatment costs $1,500 (£1,107).

Also, 3D vagina. Quite unpopular among anime fans, I assume.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Now that Bajaj's there you'd think women wouldn't need to go to a clinic to get stuff injected into their vagina.
:thunk:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Devils Affricate posted:

Hey Bajaj, are you still in Thailand? Just wondering if you've partaken in all the new rage:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/penis-whitening-thailand-trend-procedure-bleaching-white-a8141426.html

quote:

A Bangkok clinic has started offering patients penis whitening, a procedure which works via laser treatment.

Finally a way to get rid of all those unsightly coffee and nicotine stains- I can take my penis out in public again!

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
What, is bleach and 120 grit on a belt sander not good enough for you people anymore?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

big time bisexual posted:

there is not a single story out of china that surprises me anymore. Not. A. Single. One.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Devils Affricate posted:

penus whitening

I live in thailand, and it's impossible to find lotion that does not contain "whitening creams", so my dick now looks like a piece of street chalk

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

ladron posted:

I live in thailand, and it's impossible to find lotion that does not contain "whitening creams", so my dick now looks like a piece of street chalk

All the better to leave your mark with, my dear.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

ladron posted:

Why is your dick getting such a healthy and regular dose of lotion

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Devils Affricate posted:

Why is your dick getting such a healthy and regular dose of lotion

it's a side effect from putting too much on my hands

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I accidentally bought whitening toner and I'm worried it will make me translucent.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I just saw Wolf Warrior 2: Face Gain: The Movie and holy poo poo does everyone in this thread need to see it. Just... amazing. :allears:

I would post the trailer but am on mobile, just go seek it out. You will not be disappointed.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
https://my.mixtape.moe/qjpufd.mp4

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

at what point do the cops just give up, or, is it that they are now involved so face says they MUST finish?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I accidentally bought whitening toner and I'm worried it will make me translucent.
I've always wondered, do these products actually make your skin whiter somehow? If so, what's in them that accomplishes this? It can't be good.

lol

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

barbecue at the folks posted:

I just saw Wolf Warrior 2: Face Gain: The Movie and holy poo poo does everyone in this thread need to see it. Just... amazing. :allears:

I would post the trailer but am on mobile, just go seek it out. You will not be disappointed.

Here is the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkqGiPB2D8M

It looks for a nearly shot-for-shot remake of Expendables 2?

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Blistex posted:

Here is the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkqGiPB2D8M

It looks for a nearly shot-for-shot remake of Expendables 2?

holy poo poo it looks so bad

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

angel opportunity posted:

holy poo poo it looks so bad

I just said, it looks like a shot for shot remake of Expendables 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Devils Affricate posted:

I've always wondered, do these products actually make your skin whiter somehow? If so, what's in them that accomplishes this? It can't be good.

I can assure you that some of them actually kinda burn so...

• Locked thread