Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
What's interesting to note is that Deviljho was on the leaked list (which has accurately predicted all reveals so far including the new little lava froggy guy in this trailer, Dodogama). That means that list likely includes the first rounds of planned free content, meaning the initial roster is going to be comparatively light (we've seen nearly the entirety of it at this point). Assuming that list is indeed comprehensive of course. I'm not too torn up about it, since even a relatively small MH game is still a multi-hundred hour behemoth, but I am definitely glad they are planning to release new monsters. Hopefully they are pretty aggressive about it, I'd love to see a monster a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is a gorilla going to poo poo at/fart at me in HD?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Huxley posted:

New quest, too. Nergigante hunt.

Supposedly it's a harder version of the hunt as well. Only 15 minutes, and it sounds like it's the high rank or G rank version of it? Gaijin Hunters video said it was going to be a 'more difficult' version than the first one you fight in the retail game.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Supposedly it's a harder version of the hunt as well. Only 15 minutes, and it sounds like it's the high rank or G rank version of it? Gaijin Hunters video said it was going to be a 'more difficult' version than the first one you fight in the retail game.

Maybe they want to encourage people into MP to test the lobby system so they put a quest in too tough to solo with the included gear.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Huxley posted:

Maybe they want to encourage people into MP to test the lobby system so they put a quest in too tough to solo with the included gear.

Is the demo not balanced for single / multi player like the main game then?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

MrFlibble posted:

Is the demo not balanced for single / multi player like the main game then?

It is, that post doesn't makes sense. Maybe people just aren't on there game yet, but multi hunts taking me longer then solo.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just meant, I imagine most folks played the first two betas solo only. I would have liked to do a 4-man against Diablos but it's tough to communicate that when the quest you queued for is a different monster.

So in this beta they put in a big challenge monster as its own quest to encourage people to queue as groups and go fight it. I'm sure it will be soloable, but it'll be easier to go group up against a big monster when you don't have to luck into a group willing to do it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

when i played the beta I went to an area of the map it said the monster and my teammates were and no one was there, the map also said like +748 to the direction, is that meaning they're way high above me? I tried going up and couldn't see any places to get higher than that so I quit to lobby and went solo instead

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
I hope Teostra keeps his countdown timer til super nova. I look forward to a new generation of people learning his enrage mechanic

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
+/- some number means the monster is high or lower in elevation relative to where you are. If something was ~750 above you that's basically the entire level though

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Huxley posted:

it's tough to communicate that when the quest you queued for is a different monster.

Name your hunter "Diablos only" or some variant and look for custom rooms.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
So apparently the daily login bonus stacks up to 5 days. That's pretty awesome that they took into consideration that not everyone can login everyday.

The hub looks pretty cool too.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6vgNFxUu1g

Loving the theme song of this game so beautiful but also has that sense of grand adventure.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

scaterry posted:

I hope Teostra keeps his countdown timer til super nova. I look forward to a new generation of people learning his enrage mechanic

God no, that's a bullshit mechanic that needs either die or get a more obvious tell.

Kanosai
May 20, 2006

There was this hairy chinese kid.
Preorder placed. Palico Pals applied for. Let's home I don't hate it or am a bad...

I looked at some videos, the big show weapons look like they'll require a LOT of practice to utilise well. I think I'll start with something a bit easier...

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
My favorite part of this latest trailer was all the cuts between new badass moves finishing up with a dude riding the back of a kulu ya ku who's the same size as him and just repeatedly shooting the base of its skull.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
There's been 2 betas (with another slated for the 19th - 22nd) for you to try out how you like the game.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Kanosai posted:

Preorder placed. Palico Pals applied for. Let's home I don't hate it or am a bad...

I looked at some videos, the big show weapons look like they'll require a LOT of practice to utilise well. I think I'll start with something a bit easier...

I'm new myself. Last game I actually played was the original.

Don't worry about being bad, most goons are going to be patient with newcomers. I'm pretty sure most veterans are just really excited over the sheer fact that their game is getting some love.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Kanosai posted:

There's another open beta on the 19th-22nd that doesn't require a subscription, if you're on Playstation.
I'm sure you'll like it but it won't hurt to give it a spin.

For me personally it's a no-brainer, the beta gameplay is just ridiculously good. For years I played the 3DS games and just wishing for it to be given the triple-A treatment it deserves.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

swordfish duelist posted:

So apparently the daily login bonus stacks up to 5 days. That's pretty awesome that they took into consideration that not everyone can login everyday.

The hub looks pretty cool too.

it's a little thing but i really like how the time of day in the hub matches the time out in the world.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ulio posted:

Loving the theme song of this game so beautiful but also has that sense of grand adventure.

It sounds like a Studio Ghibli movie.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

lets hang out posted:

it's a little thing but i really like how the time of day in the hub matches the time out in the world.

Yeah that was a really neat touch.

Spoilers for anyone wanting to go in blind
the elder dragons fighting each other was really freaking cool. having them on the same map was a genius move on their part.

I haven't been this excited for a game in forever.

Kanosai
May 20, 2006

Oh great. Another beta scheduled when I have family visiting...:gonk:

Edit: Friday to Monday. The exact dates my family are visiting..

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Kanosai posted:

Oh great. Another beta scheduled when I have family visiting...:gonk:

Edit: Friday to Monday. The exact dates my family are visiting..

Stay up late, chase some tail.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah that was a really neat touch.

Spoilers for anyone wanting to go in blind
the elder dragons fighting each other was really freaking cool. having them on the same map was a genius move on their part.

I haven't been this excited for a game in forever.

Yeah, it's neat. I hope there's quite a bit of that; obviously we'll see a bit of it with Nergigante, but I want to see some others get involved too.

Spoiler concerning the leaked list as well as the above:
Given that Alatreon was in the leaked list of monsters that seems to be mostly-confirmed at this point, I wonder if they'll finally have it show up outside of its bespoke arena. After the above, I want to see Alatreon loving up its fellow Elder Dragons. It'd fit both its lore and the stuff they're doing this game.

Kanosai
May 20, 2006

Ooh it starts at 11 am Japan time which is 2am here. I will have time to play Friday morning! Woo.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The beta not being on Xbox at all is some serious bullshit. It’s kind of killing my vibe on the game that they give so little of poo poo. How many weeks behind will Xbox patches be if this is how they’re starting things out?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I took a break to keep from getting too hype, I regret to inform you I'm hype again after that trailer.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

The beta not being on Xbox at all is some serious bullshit. It’s kind of killing my vibe on the game that they give so little of poo poo. How many weeks behind will Xbox patches be if this is how they’re starting things out?

There isn't even an Xbox version in Asia, which may have something to do with it. It sells mere triple digits every month.
There's also a strong push with Sony, who has funded a lot of the marketing - today's stream was very PS-centric with Playstation controllers, keyboards, headphones shown off.

Perhaps Jho ate the xbox beta. Who knows?

Spare a thought for us PC users who have to wait until Autumn

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If all the third beta's adding is a really hard quest, I think I'll pass until release. I'm good, thanks.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I'm gonna try and fail so hard at taking down nergigante. I couldn't even kill Diabolos solo.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The lack of a Xbox demo is probably because the beta is more or less the same playable build they've been letting people play at trade shows. Previous MH demos on the 3DS and whatnot have been the same deal. They'd just let you pick a weapon and a choice of a bunch of quest. The one I remember most was... MH4? I think. Each weapon had a different set of armor with a matching weapon. It sucks for Xbox but that's most likely the reason behind it. This isn't to say that they aren't playing favorites but it's not a move solely out of spite.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Rascyc posted:

On one hand gently caress deviljho on the other gently caress deviljjo :(

Same would.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Argas posted:

The lack of a Xbox demo is probably because the beta is more or less the same playable build they've been letting people play at trade shows.

What an outlandish idea. Just because previous demos has been a trade show demos and this beta is the same as the trade show demo doesn't mean we're just playing a trade show demo on the platform picked as the best bet for a trade show demo in Japan. The more obvious answer is that it's clearly a case of Sony paying Capcom a lot of money to ensure the xbone and PC demos were never released.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ulio posted:

Good but not Proof of a Hero good.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Mailer posted:

What an outlandish idea. Just because previous demos has been a trade show demos and this beta is the same as the trade show demo doesn't mean we're just playing a trade show demo on the platform picked as the best bet for a trade show demo in Japan. The more obvious answer is that it's clearly a case of Sony paying Capcom a lot of money to ensure the xbone and PC demos were never released.

Also the fact that making another demo for Xbox would cost time and money, and Capcom likely doubted it would bring in that many more sales. They can't just beep boop a button and turn the PS4 demo into an Xbox one.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Considering how unpopular xbones and pc's are in Japan I'm impressed they're even releasing on those platforms.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Considering how unpopular xbones and pc's are in Japan I'm impressed they're even releasing on those platforms.

yeah i don't think sony had to give the monster hunter team that much money to convince them that the ps4 was gonna be their main focus

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

they aren't releasing on those platforms in japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
That's kind of my point though. They could have easily said "gently caress the west, we don't like it so we won't put it on that platform."