Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
I've seen the light!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Well in my unlawyer knowledge I’d try to imagine most litigations don’t include a “and if you do this our whole complaint will come crashing down teehee!” So I’d assume that CIG is also looking at the same contract for where CryTek also failed. Maybe try to prove unilateral failure and that it’s all a wash in the end.

I’m no lawyer though, and I also have no proof of anything. I’ve never even actually played Star Citizen. :shrug:

I am sure than CIG has been looking over that contract on a molecular level trying to find an out. If Derek is correct and they have been in talks for over a year now, then they know they do not have one. If so, then again I tender than any first year paralegal could have dug that clause up and presented it as a response to the complaint along with a motion to dismiss. Or better yet, they would have shown it to Crytek during those talks and told them to go pound salt up their rear end. It doesn't take Perry Mason to crack a witness stand confession to know that. A firm like Skadden is not going to allow something as careless as their client being at fault anywhere near a courtroom. They want a jury trial. They know the law is on their side and they want the courts to make it right.

Another thing to consider is CIG. Take a look at how desperate they are for cash. Do you not think that if they had a leg up on CryTek that they wouldn't sue them instead? Why NOT do that and at the same time remove your liability by switching engines if you are in the right? I am sure the Mightly Ortwin Legalbegal could muster that up in his sleep.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
That's all very interesting, but what you fail to take into account is that Ortwin wrote a book thirty years ago. :smug:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Virtual Captain posted:

This is pathetic even for CIG.

Exciting new features coming this year like:
• Object Container Streaming

Buy a tank!

So what’s object container streaming? Should I be hyped about it like Face Over ip or the coats on the broken npc mission guy? Will this fix trading and enable a fun game?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DapperDon posted:

I am sure than CIG has been looking over that contract on a molecular level trying to find an out. If Derek is correct and they have been in talks for over a year now, then they know they do not have one. If so, then again I tender than any first year paralegal could have dug that clause up and presented it as a response to the complaint along with a motion to dismiss. Or better yet, they would have shown it to Crytek during those talks and told them to go pound salt up their rear end. It doesn't take Perry Mason to crack a witness stand confession to know that. A firm like Skadden is not going to allow something as careless as their client being at fault anywhere near a courtroom. They want a jury trial. They know the law is on their side and they want the courts to make it right.

Another thing to consider is CIG. Take a look at how desperate they are for cash. Do you not think that if they had a leg up on CryTek that they wouldn't sue them instead? Why NOT do that and at the same time remove your liability by switching engines if you are in the right? I am sure the Mightly Ortwin Legalbegal could muster that up in his sleep.

I get you. :)

But I was more interested in the possibility that CryTek was eventually helpless and simply couldn’t provide support because the requests were over the top impossible. At what point do you lose obligations to continue support when the questions are crazy?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:jackbud:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

But I was more interested in the possibility that CryTek was eventually helpless and simply couldn’t provide support because the requests were over the top impossible. At what point do you lose obligations to continue support when the questions are crazy?

Here is the interesting part of that. Where as CryTek is claiming that CIG has not sent them any engine updates as was a part of their deal, there can be nothing for them to support other than the branch of CryEngine that they were last on together. So the answer is pretty obvious that they cannot support something that they have no data on other than their own branch of engine. Just one more thing CIG's hubris has hamstrung them on.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

The Titanic posted:

I'm almost 100% certain that is a thing that happened. CIG makes completely impossible requests due to Chris Roberts' cripping incompetence, and then tries to play it off as CryTek not being robust enough to catch up with CIG's cutting-edge abilities. Then they publicly smear CryTek's name by telling everyone they had to "improve" it into "StarEngine".

The lies, incompetence, stupidity, and arrogance on CIG's part are so obvious it beggars belief. If this were any other timeline I'd say nobody would have been tricked by CIG's lies, but since we're in the Darkest Timeline, it seems $175 million was successfully defrauded by the flimsiest tall tale imaginable.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/949380430033293312

notacult

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Build me brick by brick like one of your French women.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Not even going to lie that March isn't anything more than a 3.0 polish patch. 3.1/Network update coming in the September update. So with the inevitable delay, we can expect '3.1' to be finished by December. This is good news for Star Citizen.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

G0RF posted:

Well finally we get a “Keep-Doing-What-You’re-Doing” from Austin

[url=https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Cloud-Imperium-Games-Reviews-E776546.htm?sort.sortType=RD&sort.ascending=false&filter.employmentStatus=REGULAR&filter.employmentStatus=PART_TIME&filter.employmentStatus=UNKNOWN]

:cripes:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

🤣🤣🤣 And Chris will say "Truly, I tell you, one of you will betray me" during the dinner and all of them will get really sad and each will say "not me! I paid $350 to come hang out with you my Lord" and Chris replies "nah I'm just joking with you, it's actually me who has betrayed you all" and then gets up from the table with a sackful of silver and rides off into the distance to finance a remake of Dracula 2000 starring Vic's Mom. 🤣🤣🤣

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Pixelate posted:

I've seen the light!

"GIVE ME $2,500 OR I'LL SHAVE MYSELF!" I shout at people on the train.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

didn't we already have a photoshop of chris at the last supper with ben as judas?

I think we should if not

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
pew pew

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Blue On Blue posted:

didn't we already have a photoshop of chris at the last supper with ben as judas?

I think we should if not

I think it's safe to say that our resident Renaissance Art Master Galarox has probably done that one.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Rabelais D posted:

The cake that reads "Robert need more gold" should get some more love, as the Chinese either side is a qiyan (seven syllable per line) rhyming couplet:

人间自有真情在,能骗一快是一块

which goes something like this:

"As true devotion exists in the world of man, [Chris Roberts] will scam every dollar that he can."

Of course, "Robert need more gold" is a more effective and accurate translation in a lot of ways.

holy poo poo, isn't that cake from like 2012/13? The chinese called it first?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Truga posted:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

XK posted:

Propofol is reversible, so they can put you under, then when they're done, they give you another shot and you wake up.

The passing gas thing is actually the most uncomfortable part of the procedure, because they inflate you with gas for the procedure. Then you feel like you're going to uncontrollably explode all over the place when they're done.

I'm pretty confident the anesthesia during colonoscopies is more for the awkwardness of the experience rather than any actual pain.

There anesthesia is there additionally to enable biopsy.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Go gently caress yourself. You get spoonfed details by some people on here to make it seem like you know poo poo then everyone gets to sit and giggle in the corner while you flail about like you think you know what you're talking about 1/4 of the time (and you're too stupid to realize it you dumbfuck).
Was your bowtie spinning like crazy while you typed this up, powered by your hot anger?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Truga posted:

Oh. drat. Derek is not going to go for that one goddamned bit.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Are there any gifs of Erris with his bowtie spinning?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/9xg9zcV.gifv

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

CrazyTolradi posted:

Are there any gifs of Erris with his bowtie spinning?

no but while I was digging up the cake translation post I found these from 3000 pages ago. Gotta use your imagination here

+

Spatial posted:

I crafted a fantastic device. It will open a portal to another world. A world of dreams...

It just needs to mounted on the top of a Christmas tree like so; the power of the pledge will do the rest. Whoa, it's shaking already!

Powering up!!

WHOA IT'S OUT OF CONTROLLLLL

*poof*

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm only up to page 3392, but goddamn holy poo poo MoMA is in that amazing overlap of unknowledgeable and vocal.

Nov 24, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Courts tend not to grant them in cases where goods are taken from distribution. They tend to favor a trial and if the plaintiffs win, then the injunction gets granted.

For the latest precedent in gaming, see "Silcon Knights vs Epic Games" whereby the injunction was granted after Epic won; and all the games were ordered pulled from distribution. SK dead.

Um, obviously you're wrong here Derek, it's in both parties best interest to settle. And why would Epic want to drive Silicon Knights into bankruptcy? Businesses only care about money. Can't get anything from SK if you make them recall all their games.

Also who in their right mind is going to use Unreal Engine if they go around suing their customers.

Although I will admit you're absolutely right here, Amazon could be planning on bankrolling CIG's legal defence.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Are there completionist packs for e-mail signups? :thunk:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

It just occurred to me that the title should be "Skadden-fraud".

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

"We're focusing on dates, not features."

*goes on to list the features they have planned for each patch, as if they've ever hit a date in their lives*

:thunk:

I look forward to the bugfix* releases in July and November**

*won't actually reduce the bug count

**if CIG still exists by then

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Isn't the dinner 1050? I thought it was 3 installments of 350.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

$350 for a seat.
3 waves of 20.
60 total.
$21000 total.

Only sold to concierge. Persons who have spent in excess of $1000.

Event to be recorded, highlight reel to be released as a promotional piece.

Expect wide eyed persons expressing amazement over what they've seen that CIG cannot otherwise trust with the general public.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Virtual Captain posted:

This is pathetic even for CIG.

Exciting new features coming this year like:
• Object Container Streaming

Buy a tank!

So CIG think they've invented the Scene Graph again?

Why do they keep giving stupid names to things that already have names?

The Titanic posted:

So what’s object container streaming? Should I be hyped about it like Face Over ip or the coats on the broken npc mission guy? Will this fix trading and enable a fun game?

As far as I can tell it's scene graphs and tree-based occlusion. techniques that have been around for at least a decade.

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 6, 2018

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Potato Salad posted:

I'm only up to page 3392, but goddamn holy poo poo MoMA is in that amazing overlap of unknowledgeable and vocal.

It's super glorious. My favorite was his suggestion that Skadden Arps was working on contingency. I had a friend who worked for Skadden Arps. They did not work on contingency.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is a horrible thing and it depresses me somehow that people see him like that and it’s not a huge joke that nobody in their right mind would actually consider doing or trying to recreate.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Dusty Lens posted:

$350 for a seat.
3 waves of 20.
60 total.
$21000 total.

Expect wide eyed persons expressing amazement over what they've seen that CIG cannot otherwise trust with the general public.

WOW look at all the fun they're having, and ALL THE COOL stuff that they're privvy too now

GEE I WISH i was a concierge member I better go sign up RIGHT NOW

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

$350 for a seat.
3 waves of 20.
60 total.
$21000 total.

the openest development that ever developed

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
You know how 90% of game development happens at the last 10% of a games completion? Well, Star Citizen isn't even 10% complete, so

do the math lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Go gently caress yourself. You get spoonfed details by some people on here to make it seem like you know poo poo then everyone gets to sit and giggle in the corner while you flail about like you think you know what you're talking about 1/4 of the time (and you're too stupid to realize it you dumbfuck).