Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Galaxy brain it and use both simultaneously like the best SFV pad players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Black Griffon posted:

Super newbie question: d-pad or analog stick (or keyboard)? Analog feels smoother and it's easier to do diagonal jumps, but I'm noticing that I accidentally do diagonals when I try to move and fight too.

Edit: According to some cursory googling it seems I am very much a "noob" if I use analog.

Do whatever feels best for you.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Mixing it up makes sense so far.

Also what's the goon PC guild?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Enchantress kinda looks like Quan Chi. That’s cool.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Black Griffon posted:

Mixing it up makes sense so far.

Also what's the goon PC guild?

I asked weeks ago and never got a response... I'm guessing there isn't one. I joined a random guild. If there ever is a goon one on PC I'd join

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Random it is. Last question for tonight: Some of these character tutorial special move cancels are just loving impossible. Is it about timing or just outright speed?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

It feels like a combination of the two to me, some of them took me a good while and sheer luck to nail

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

codenameFANGIO posted:

Enchantress kinda looks like Quan Chi. That’s cool.

she seems like a mashup of Quan Chi and Shang Tsung

so I'll be maining her suddenly I guess

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I didn't like anything I saw of her, which is too bad since I like her character. Ah well, some money saved. Only have to buy TMNT now.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

You're crazy; she looks insanely fun

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Dude is correct that she is not the Ninja Turtles though, that is a huge point against her

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

hup posted:

You're crazy; she looks insanely fun

I'm just not into counter characters, and it looked like quite a few of her moves were based around countering. I'm too bad at reading my opponents to play them.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

PureRok posted:

I'm just not into counter characters, and it looked like quite a few of her moves were based around countering. I'm too bad at reading my opponents to play them.

since those trailers usually show off the gear moves too it's possible some of those were variations on the one counter move she has by default

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Oh yeah I'm garbage when it comes to parries (see ya, Black Canary, and thank god for Red Hood's akimbo ability), but Enchantress looks like she has enough outside of that to be a hoot

E: I wish local versus would let player 2 use your loadouts. It's dumb as hell that it doesn't
E2: 30/30 counter/zoning black Adam is great for AI battles as long as you have deity bolt

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jan 6, 2018

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

DLC Inc posted:

drat, NRS done it again, she looks cool as gently caress. Absolutely love the throw animation where the demon comes out and I like her demonic summons/glass box moves. This is def the best 3-character pack of the lot.

The ice cube move looks like a gear move for sure to me. I hope the minion summon isn't though.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Ice cube move isn't a gear move, it's from meter burning one of her normal strings. The demon summon is her character power.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I watched a YouTube of Injustice and I'm insanely happy there's no dumb QTEs in 2's story so far.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think with the exception of Star Fire and the MK characters (good use of slots imo) all the DLC guys are well represented in the KiT top 8 tonight.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Couple of questions about mother boxes:
1. When should I buy them in regards to levels and such?
2. Is this true? That bronze boxes will on average be a better deal?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I did the New Zealand trick to get Enchantress early. She's probably too complex for my dumb meat hands, but she's still fun! Her powers change colors depending on the shader, too, which I wish was the case for more characters.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
What does Pentagram Hex actually do, apart from adding the circle around the opponents head? I guess I should combo it with something but looking at the move list during fights doesn’t show anything.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I think it has some random effect like they can't use specials or using specials hurts them.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Should probably be pretty easy to queue up in practice and test I guess.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

I watched a YouTube of Injustice and I'm insanely happy there's no dumb QTEs in 2's story so far.

The QTE era is nearing its end, generally.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

Random it is. Last question for tonight: Some of these character tutorial special move cancels are just loving impossible. Is it about timing or just outright speed?

Its speed but the cancel has to occur after the last normal.

so for Batmans X,X,Y+Batarang you need to mash X,X,Y and the batarang as soon as you press Y. Don't wait for the animation to finish like with Capcom/Arc Sys games, just throw it out quickly and it should cancel.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I hope Enchantress gets an insane pointy stereotypical witch hat at some point, but they are not amazing at utilizing comic based costume pieces for this game

edit they did just give me Lynda Carter’s Wonder Woman tiara though whoa

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 9, 2018

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

dont even fink about it posted:

The QTE era is nearing its end, generally.

For now dawns the age of the Lootbox.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Grind 20 diamond boxes to beat braniac

Or pay $50

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
Are any of the PS4 Goon guilds active? I just picked this up last night and I'd be down to get my rear end whooped by everyone else, assuming people still play this.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

loving finally

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Black Griffon posted:

loving finally

:stare: oh my god

are you ok :ohdear:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

My speed and reflexes have improved considerably after practicing cancels for days, but my hands hurt and Bane still smacks me around like an rear end on medium.

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe
gently caress it, I made a PC goon guild:

SuperGoons:
1ENSH

Ask and ye shall be invited. If someone could add it to the OP that would be awesome.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Correnth posted:

SuperGoons:

Ask and ye shall be invited. If someone could add it to the OP that would be awesome.

I put in the code but I don't get any options to do anything, just a back button. Is this normal?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Correnth posted:

SuperGoons:
1ENSH

sure, added to start of OP

I guess now the DLC is done I have to add those 9 fuckers to the Character Breakdowns

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe
^^^ Thank you!

PureRok posted:

I put in the code but I don't get any options to do anything, just a back button. Is this normal?

poo poo, my bad, I had it set to Private - It should be open now.

Also can someone put up an invite to the Goon FGC Discord? I've been meaning to join for a while.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Black Griffon posted:

loving finally

The only one of those that I still can't do is Joker's, when you have to throw the gas canister and combo it into the gunshot after uppercutting them.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

That one is all about speed. The gunshot juggle isn't hard, but the gas cannister has like a frame of opportunity and the only thing you can do is practice.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Correnth posted:

SuperGoons:
1ENSH

Nice. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

codenameFANGIO posted:

Are these the tutorials? Are they hard?

• Locked thread