Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dusty Lens posted:

$350 for a seat.
3 waves of 20.
60 total.
$21000 total.

Only sold to concierge. Persons who have spent in excess of $1000.

Event to be recorded, highlight reel to be released as a promotional piece.

Expect wide eyed persons expressing amazement over what they've seen that CIG cannot otherwise trust with the general public.

Anybody paying $350 to visit CIG better get to be in one of their movies as an extra. Heck they might even be good enough to make it into the movie and not get cut like the queen actress CIG pays too dollar to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Yeah I mean sure we need to put out something to recharge community confidence in the project so we'll send out some of their own as ambassadors to restate what we say during our office tours... But what's the point if we can't scrape a little extra cash off the top?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I wonder if any of those concierge members wondered why all their fringe benefits and special events all involve them spending more money.

Why it’s almost like they’ve made it to the secret elite QVC channel where they can buy stuff first.

But yet it all involves them ... buying stuff.

CIG sure does know how to treat them well. :allears:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Thank you for your support!

We are so grateful we’re going to give you the opportunity to buy this $200 space jpeg that will probably never actually be in any game ever!

And since we love you and respect your intelligence, we’re also going to gift you this land baton you can use to own land in our game also never, for only $75!!!!!

And for those of you with distinction, if you buy both AND this $700 package, we will honor you with the right to own one of our special giant mother ship base cruisers... for the pittance of $1500.

We are so glad to have you with us, as a person... and a member of our literal family, that we can’t wait to see you in the verse!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Mr.Tophat posted:

All this money is well spent, and it's a deep well

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

boviscopophobic posted:

Are there completionist packs for e-mail signups? :thunk:

Aren’t these Squadron opt-ins?

2000 of them? For a game Chris expects to sell millions of?

Er 1000?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

probably a lot of 10minutemail accounts trying to get that stupid tshirt

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Long winded diatribe concerning everyone being more interested in news concerning the game they spent a couple thousand on rather than the sideshow that Chris cares about.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Oh and if you feel that sudden, unyeilding urge that you just MUST throw money at the screen.. it's ok. I am, after all, the best marketer in the world since I was a little girl.

I started young, at like 5, and one day the actual Monopoly guy came by to buy a lemonade from my stand, and he ended up selling me Boardwalk AND Park Place.

I only got better too, because when I was in college by like 16, I already was designing shoes. In fact you can see all my designs at *cough ahem cough*

But I am humble, so I don't want to overshadow people, because I know I am also the smartest person in the room. It almost pains me to have to suffer through needing to be in the same room as programmers, other lesser marketers, and basically everybody who is not a smart and famous actor. Because I too am an actress.

Perhaps you saw me in my recent movie I was the star in? That American Satan thing? Yeah, I'm in it. Don't google it though and expand the cast list, because I think Google made a mistake and forgot to put me at the front. It's alright, I've been harassed online before so I know Google is just trying to protect my fragile emotions.

So yeah *licks inside of her mouth so it looks like she's sucking a dick for a moment* look for me in movies. Oh yeah and buy that one game Space Citizen, which I am marketing 24/8. The new single player CAMPAIGN MODE also has my favorite number in it... 42. Tee hee.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

G0RF posted:

Aren’t these Squadron opt-ins?

2000 of them? For a game Chris expects to sell millions of?

Er 1000?

Yeah, the number of signups for the SQ42 mailing list jumped by 1000 sometime in in a 9-hour window. Prior to that, the average rate of signups had been around 7-8/hour.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
I tried to open SA at work...site was blocked..reason: Tasteless.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

boviscopophobic posted:

Yeah, the number of signups for the SQ42 mailing list jumped by 1000 sometime in in a 9-hour window. Prior to that, the average rate of signups had been around 7-8/hour.

That was me

I'm just real excited about Squadron 42 news, what can I say

Goobs posted:

I tried to open SA at work...site was blocked..reason: Tasteless.

Also me

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

The Titanic posted:

This is a horrible thing and it depresses me somehow that people see him like that and it’s not a huge joke that nobody in their right mind would actually consider doing or trying to recreate.

Nobody in their right mind is considering it. Only delusional cultists.

At one point in my life, I worked organizing special events for major donors to non-profits (usually $10K annual gifts and up). Now I know how all the game devs in the thread feel, because the level to which they are cargo-culting this concierge donor event is almost physically painful.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

the best marketer since she was a little girl posted:

we now have a delivery schedule based on dates rather than features

Oh sweet Jesus these guys are so hopeless.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Go gently caress yourself. You get spoonfed details by some people on here to make it seem like you know poo poo then everyone gets to sit and giggle in the corner while you flail about like you think you know what you're talking about 1/4 of the time (and you're too stupid to realize it you dumbfuck).

BHAHAHAHA HAS this is epic, nice meltdown

Internet warlord : 1
Asian paralegal : 0

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

big nipples big life posted:

probably a lot of 10minutemail accounts trying to get that stupid tshirt

But it’s just an in-game Squadron shirt, right? 250000 of them?

I may have heard it incorrectly during the livestream. At first I thought, “Wow— they’re going to ship out 250000 shirts if they get that many sign-ups? That’s pretty aggressive / ambitious of them.”

But then I rewatched and figured they meant basically player character flair. A SQ42 shirt you could wear in game.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

Oh sweet Jesus these guys are so hopeless.

She's not lying. In fact you can pay to have a date with Chris right now

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/949371087699283968
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/949371503157620737

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Literally it could be Croberts last supper with his backers unless they also want to go to jail with him

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

"Excellent managers that crunch us to death" :downs:

How Stimperial

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

G0RF posted:

But it’s just an in-game Squadron shirt, right? 250000 of them?

I may have heard it incorrectly during the livestream. At first I thought, “Wow—� they’re going to ship out 250000 shirts if they get that many sign-ups? That’s pretty aggressive / ambitious of them.”

But then I rewatched and figured they meant basically player character flair. A SQ42 shirt you could wear in game.

The funnier thing here is that they can't deliver that either

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

act now on this rare opportunity to give us 350 bucks for nothing.

What the living gently caress dude.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

the year is 2018. people still reference the over 9000 meme un-ironically.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Toops posted:

What the living gently caress dude.

Enlist today

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.pcinvasion.com/cig-holding-star-citizen-special-event-concierge-backers-charging

quote:

Star Citizen dinner and tour with Chris Roberts – Only $350 if you’ve backed enough

This evening CIG mailed Star Citizen Concierge backers to announce a special event which will take place on 4 May. Concierge backers are the die-hard backers who have pumped more than $1000 into the project so far.

This special event will include a tour of the L.A studio, a dinner and a sit-down with Chris Roberts and “key members of the dev team”. CIG will be filming the event which will be shown at a later date. Tickets for this event are going to be limited with only sixty being made available.

CIG will be charging $350 for this special event which I have to say is quite astonishing. You would think that with the 170+ million in the bank they could invite some of the really high paying backers for a free tour and a meet and greet. What is truly sad is that some backers will likely pay for the ticket and all the costs to get there.

“Ahhhh! Lovely dinner guys. Now you pick up the tab”

Is CIG now going to start charging for absolutely everything despite the huge support the backers have already given? It’s starting to look like that.

In the past, I have personally been invited to studios for tours, with flights included, as a fan of a game (this was prior to being a member of the press) simply to say thanks for the support. It was always greatly appreciated. I was certainly never asked to stump-up cash to attend.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Wow! A Last Supper joke from Clifford aka Miku, the guy likeliest to be the Last Sucker.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

:ohdear:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

I love Paul Younger. His eagerness to actually treat this turdnado like the whirlwind of steaming dookie that it so obviously is makes him the perfect heretic counterpoint to the Charlie Halls out there.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

We are building a religion.
A limited edition.
We are now accepting callers for these pendant key chains.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

hahaha

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

If GIG admit to using cryengine then crytek win because CIG are idiots
If CIG say they used Lumberyard crytek win because the exclusivity clause
It's a classic catch 42 situation and Chris has a thumb for a head

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

act now on this rare opportunity to give us 350 bucks for nothing.

Wait, you pay for the tickets in 3 installments... that are charged on the same day?

The gently caress?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I toured CIG for free. I could have had a bottle of water but I politely declined.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Speaking of Concierge-tier believers who’d be more than delighted to fork over big bucks for an audience with His Royal Highness...

It’s a much-overdue new episode of Batgirl’s State of the Game!

(I’ve not watched it yet but something tells me she still believes in Chris, sees the dream all starting to come together again for the 200th time in a row...)

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I toured CIG for free. I could have had a bottle of water but I politely declined.

You did get some free dip though.

When Chris dipped on out the door without saying hi.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
okay seriously

you true believer citizens reading this thread

I was an investor, like I could have made money off of Star Citizen, if it didn't turn into what it is now

owning a share in CIG is just throwing money away

part of my deal was not having a say in the creative development of the game

do you really think with one or even ten measly shares in CIG will entitle you to some kind of expression of your dreams

if CIG offers you a share, get a refund

DO NOT BUY A SHARE WITHOUT SEEING THE FINANCIALS FIRST

this is investment 101 fuckers

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Shares are old news.

$350 in Star Citizen's cryptocurrency. That's gonna be the hot stuff.

Do not quote the poo poo out of this under any circumstances.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Wait, you pay for the tickets in 3 installments... that are charged on the same day?

The gently caress?

I'm pretty sure it's trying to say they're selling 60 tickets but only 20 at a time.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Legal docs (not doxx), grab them while they're hot. Includes CIG's response, a motion to dismiss, and a copy of the GLA.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mPjfXrjAf9RUq3_5cJgd-hF-I5XoCQta

Comedy addendum: they really did invoke the "wrong company" defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Regrettable posted:

I'm pretty sure it's trying to say they're selling 60 tickets but only 20 at a time.

Oh huh. Installments seems like the wrong word for that... but whatever.