Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Would be nice for FSU to have coaches with more connections in the georgia or south Florida areas and not as much Tampa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/949416770389139458

...at least the Blues are run by smart people because no other Missouri sports team is

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Welp. That's not the name I expected or wanted.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I better find gendo’s Dooley head drop off graph gif, I’m going to need it

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Guess who’s coming back to Neyland!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress You Dan you traitor :mad:
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/01/05/michigan-wolverines-football-dan-enos/1008167001/

quote:

Dan Enos, a former Michigan State quarterback and assistant coach and Central Michigan head coach, is set to join Michigan's coaching staff as an offensive assistant coach, the Free Press confirmed via a source with direct knowledge of the situation.

and gently caress You, Florida State :mad:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21967751/defensive-coordinator-harlon-barnett-leaving-michigan-state-florida-state

quote:

Defensive coordinator Harlon Barnett is leaving Michigan State for the same position at Florida State.

Barnett is leaving his alma mater after 11 seasons as an assistant for the Spartans' defense. He has been a member of Mark Dantonio's coaching staff since 2004, when he was hired at Cincinnati. His new job was first reported by Bruce Feldman.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Troy Queef posted:

...at least the Blues are run by smart people because no other Missouri sports team is

https://twitter.com/DrunkVolFan/status/604298676681478145

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Troy Queef posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Going from thinking they were gonna hire Harrell or Fisch to that is quite the kick in the balls

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don’t think the guy has ever called plays

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's okay he got to learn from ivy league graduate Jason Garrett

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Troy Queef posted:

:stonk:

What the actual gently caress?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dawg blame these winters

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
so they think those decent offensive stats we had were because of dooley and not jim chaney :wtc:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Didn't Mizzou run some crazy balls-to-the-wall-gently caress-it-go-deep-unleash-the-dragon offense this year? Didn't it, once it clicked, just pile up Oklahoma-esque stats?

Even if Dooley turns out to be an okay OC (being an awful HC doesn't mean you're bad at other coaching jobs) isn't anything he's familiar with and would probably run be completely different and so likely a regression and a bad fit for the personnel?

If you're that desperate find some air raid OC or some poo poo, jesus gently caress.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Korranus posted:

That's going to be every program in Texas if oil hits $80 again and shale gets back to going 90 to nothing.

Stretch goal- if oil reaches $100, I will contribute to the xenforo forums upgrade

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Troy Queef posted:

Oh what the gently caress

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee is hiring former Houston Texans coach Craig Fitzgerald to run the S&C program.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
The Texas A&M Football program is just a money laundering operation.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee is hiring former Houston Texans coach Craig Fitzgerald to run the S&C program.

apparently he's a good hire, but im not familiar with him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

TIM MCGARIGLE IS COMING HOME

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

an adult beverage posted:

The Texas A&M Football program is just a money laundering operation.

Are grode jars that profitable?

Jesus Condumb
Oct 25, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

apparently he's a good hire, but im not familiar with him

He is good and great with student athletes, hell of a sideline presence to boot. He completely changed PSU's S&C program, very smart, motivational and compleelty bat poo poo (in a good way).

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Well I guess I can go back to casually following Mizzou football

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dammit Taggart why couldn’t you take our offensive guys instead!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Canada officially gone.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_1bb380da-f1be-11e7-a4c5-57e76cafdc1d.html

quote:

Canada agreed to part ways with the program for about half of the $3.3 million he was owed. He’ll receive roughly $1.7 million in buyout money, multiple sources confirmed, a resolution reached by the two sides Friday night after day-long negotiations Thursday. That settlement figure is not final and could fluctuate when the deal is fully executed.

Canada’s willingness to settle is evidence of a bitter situation on both sides and a sign the school was reluctant to pay the full buyout. Each party wished for a quick divorce after just a year together.

The settlement brings a clean separation that's somewhat unique. In a dismissal, the university would have been responsible for paying the difference between Canada's LSU salary and the salary at his potential new employer, an unknown at this time. The settlement guarantees the coach $1.7 million in addition to any future salary.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Houston just hired Kendal Briles as its new OC. Hoo boy.

e: and former Baylor OL coach Randy Clements. Might as well bring Art back in the fold at this point.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 6, 2018

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Korranus posted:

Houston just hired Kendal Briles as its new OC. Hoo boy.

e: and former Baylor OL coach Randy Clements. Might as well bring Art back in the fold at this point.

welp

quote:

“Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at BAYLOR and they LOVE football players,” the lawsuit alleged Briles saying to a Dallas area recruit.

Also, even though it's his alma mater, FAU to UH isn't a huge step up. My theory is that he's head-coach-in-waiting in case Major has another underwhelming year

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

curried lamb of God posted:

welp

Also, even though it's his alma mater, FAU to UH isn't a huge step up. My theory is that he's head-coach-in-waiting in case Major has another underwhelming year

Doesn't Major have a massive buy-out that kind of leaves Houston stuck with him for a while?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Not surprised at all by the Rich Rod stuff after seeing him at a golf tournament after party surrounded by waitresses. They had to have been paid to be at his table because they never moved. Not the best description, but the whole thing looked really sleazy in person.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Houston basketball also brought in a transfer last year who got kicked out of Oregon for participating in a gang rape so real cool athletic department they have there

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

Houston basketball also brought in a transfer last year who got kicked out of Oregon for participating in a gang rape so real cool athletic department they have there

:stare: what the gently caress

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Word is LSU nixed the Briles hire due to the potential bad publicity. Apparently Sterlin Gilbert is being interviewed today.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Gilbert is really good, I was surprised not to hear his name more this off-season.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Apparently Rhett Lashlee was negotiating with Rutgers, but it fell apart because they wanted to him to have a decent buyout. They've had eight different OCs in eight years, which is, uh, something.

The three names apparently left on the list are all vomit inducing. And Noel Mazzone supposedly wants the job, and Chris Ash isn't interested. What the ever loving gently caress. Dude is smart defensively but has proven to be a complete loving idiot on the other side of the ball.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Word is LSU nixed the Briles hire due to the potential bad publicity. Apparently Sterlin Gilbert is being interviewed today.

That would be awesome. Glad it’s not Briles.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

MourningView posted:

Gilbert is really good, I was surprised not to hear his name more this off-season.

He even made Strong’s offense at Texas halfway decent!

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Kim Jong Il posted:

Apparently Rhett Lashlee was negotiating with Rutgers, but it fell apart because they wanted to him to have a decent buyout. They've had eight different OCs in eight years, which is, uh, something.

The three names apparently left on the list are all vomit inducing. And Noel Mazzone supposedly wants the job, and Chris Ash isn't interested. What the ever loving gently caress. Dude is smart defensively but has proven to be a complete loving idiot on the other side of the ball.

I feel like every year I read that ash wants to completely change his offensive system and I literally can’t keep track of them all. Like, how do you even recruit that side of the ball when you can’t decide on a loving system.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rutgers should probably drop down to FCS. Historically, they're a mid-tier FCS-type team at best, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Restart that hot Fordham rivalry from the glory days of the program

• Locked thread