Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Are you saying that Nick Foles is a ringer, hiding his true skill until the playoffs to catch the opposition by surprise?

fordan fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 1, 2018

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That thought went through my mind a few times this afternoon but I'm probably just delusional.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I didn't watch football today but loving :lol:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I got drunk and slept through yesterdays game because it was meaningless and I suspected it would be weeks ago and sold my tickets. Super Bowl hopes and dreams remain at 100%. 27-2 BABY!

lol the first Eagles loss I attend in three years is going to be a divisional playoff game kill me.

e: actually the last eagles loss I attended was Chip Kelly v. KC in 13 so four years. (#5 WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU!) It's been a while. I am not at all sick of winning. This is gonna suck.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jan 1, 2018

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
It's smart of Foles to get the lovely games out of his sytem before the playoffs, he's a smart man.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

El Patron posted:

It's smart of Foles to get the lovely games out of his sytem before the playoffs, he's a smart man.

I'm praying for a blizzard

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

El Patron posted:

It was all about master tactician Doug Pederson not giving his playoff opponents any useful tape.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/948185865217560576

Dez Bryant is 29 going on 43.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

He is a lazy gently caress that probably knew the play was designed to come his way.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Doug Pederson has indicated the Eagles might work in some plays based on Chip Kelly's time with Foles to try and get him more comfortable with the offense.

God help us.

I Believe In Big Dick Nick

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I hope they don't do that one where the unblocked defender destroys the RB 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

axeil posted:

Doug Pederson has indicated the Eagles might work in some plays based on Chip Kelly's time with Foles to try and get him more comfortable with the offense.

God help us.

I Believe In Big Dick Nick

Based on his love of throwing to Ertz, I wanna see that RPO with the quick TE 5-6 yard hitch every other play

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

aBagorn posted:

Based on his love of throwing to Ertz, I wanna see that RPO with the quick TE 5-6 yard hitch every other play

He used to love throwing to Cooper, now he loves throwing to Ertz, and he's from Texas. Draw your own conclusions.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

NotWearingPants posted:

I hope they don't do that one where the unblocked defender destroys the RB 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

I'd like to think that Pederson is smart enough to not just make his plays obviously identifiable based on personnel groupings

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'd like to think that Pederson is smart enough to not just make his plays obviously identifiable based on personnel groupings

Actually this is something Doug has been good at. Like he's even gone so far as to throw passes out of the backfield to LeGarrette Blount of all backs.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Asproigerosis posted:

Everyone should have resigned themselves to first game exit as soon as wentz was out

if they'd signed Kap immediately following the Rams game they'd be NFC favorites

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...nate-sudfeld-qb

quote:

A few years back, after Chip Kelly had traded Nick Foles for Sam Bradford, I had a few players and members of team personnel give some insight into why the Eagles had given up on Foles as a starter. His skill set, first and foremost, wasn’t starter-caliber, or at least good enough to consistently win games in the NFL. It had become abundantly clear to Kelly that Foles was more his 2014 version than 2013. But an additional concern, and one brought to my attention, was that Foles would sometimes let his performance or outside criticism outwardly affect his demeanor. He would get down on himself and the rest of the squad felt it.

We all need to send good thoughts and vibes Foles's way the next two weeks. I hope he fixed his brain like Agholar did.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

aBagorn posted:

Actually this is something Doug has been good at. Like he's even gone so far as to throw passes out of the backfield to LeGarrette Blount of all backs.

grats on your slack promotion ;)

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

grats on your slack promotion ;)

Thanks! I always knew using the same username for EVERYTHING would come in handy one day :P

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Eagles brought back Big Adam Zaruba on a futures contract:

NotWearingPants posted:

There's so many differences between the two but for me most important is that Zaruba is an incredible long shot who I'm rooting for despite the odds and Watkins was someone I disliked from the moment they overdrafted him.

Here's some highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK92Il6gNTQ

takeaways: he will play in front of more people at Eagles training camp than appear in the stands in most of these clips, and international rugby players are a lot smaller than I would have guessed.

I have a good feeling about this guy, especially since this is almost certainly Celek's last season and Burton will be a FA.

edit: oh and they also signed a bunch of other guys I don't care about.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 4, 2018

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if they signed Kap right now they'd still be better off than actually starting Foles next week. what a loving disaster. this is pretty damning of Howie as a GM

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

if they signed Kap right now they'd still be better off than actually starting Foles next week. what a loving disaster. this is pretty damning of Howie as a GM

Haven't you heard? They held everything back the last two games so nobody would have useful tape on Foles. They've got a whole playoff plan for him that's going to kick rear end.

prediction:

Phobeste posted:

Nick Foles for your Dick Holes

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

indigi posted:

Source your quotes

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

aBagorn posted:

Source your quotes

A friend of a guy in my tailgate group's Slack said he heard it.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

They gave Foles a lot of money for a backup QB. By signing Kaep, he would have been admitting that the Foles signing was a mistake. And then if Kaep sucked, it would have been two bad decisions.

His best course of action for his reputation as GM was probably sticking with Foles and hoping that looks good. At worst it's one bad decision because nobody seriously ever expected them to sign Kaep.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Not a single post?

I know what we look like, but let’s be real. The Falcons is the best case scenario. If the Saints get eliminated tomorrow, then that would be huge.

We can beat the 2017 Falcons.

Also, don’t snooze on how Blount carried the Patriots to their Super Bowl title the Super Bowl before last. Dude was a loving MONSTER in the post season. Ask the Colts. If we play great defense, run the ball, protect the ball, we can do this.

All we have left, we gotta give it.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Match up well with the Falcons, I fancy our chances.

The Rams got away from their running game too early, they only rushed 16 times and went over 100 yards and then stopped using Gurley, we'll pound gently caress out of them in freezing temperatures for 4 quarters with Ajayi, Blount and Clement.

Spread is only 2.5 so the bookies think it's going to be close as well.

Bring it on.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
yeah I'm happy we pulled the Falcons. If our run game works and defense plays like it did against Oakland and Dallas we might have a chance.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
You do not have a chance. You know this. Nick foles is trash.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Gay Horney posted:

Hey now, there could be a blizzard or some other terrible weather that makes playing football impossible

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
I haven’t watched the Falcons much but is their defense largely unchanged from the one that let up 200 yards of rushing to Ryan Matthews last year?

I give the Eagles a puncher’s chance if they commit to running the ball and the D line plays up to the level they’re capable of.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
When we beat the Falcons last season, Carson Wentz never threw a touchdown in the game.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bet everything you own in the falcons +2.5 against the eagles next week

It's free money

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I think the Eagles will win and if not, fire Pederson.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Gay Horney posted:

agreed. shoulda signed Kap

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Foles & the Eagles against the Saints in the NFC Championship would both be scary, but fitting.

Foles Revenge Tour 2018

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Big Dick Nick and Coach Dougie Phresh have been playing possum to not give up any of their super secret plans in games that didn’t matter. They’re gonna come out firing on all cylinders and win the Superb Owl.

This is what I tell myself to feel better.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/950122827029495808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

NotWearingPants posted:

I think the Eagles will win and if not, fire Pederson.

For the record, I don't think they will fire Pederson if he loses, I mean I think they should. He's had plenty of time to put together 60 or so plays that Foles can run, especially when around half of them will be running plays. If he can't make a decent showing against the Falcons with a mediocre QB like Foles, at least enough to let the defense win the game, how can one make the argument that all of his success isn't due to Carson Wentz?

• Locked thread