Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Your Computer posted:

thos games sure are SOMETHING AWFUL :iamafag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Dias posted:

but those are already awful

I disagree.

In fact, all runs should take at least three hours.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i've watched Sonic 2006 speedruns before, they're hilarious

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

wow... :suspense:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Replace every >3 hour run with an Awful block.

Except the FF7 one which owned bones

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

woomy

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Some solid music in this loading screen.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Booyah!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Awful Games Done Quick is the best part of GDQ and I always do whatever it takes to stay awake for it, I can't imagine thinking it needs to go away.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

axeil posted:

What is a chalice dungeon and why does it make you upset

The best part of Bloodborne is the level design and aesthetic- imagine if all of that was gone and the entire game was reduced to pre-fabbed, procedurally generated diablo 2 loot dungeons and that's the chalice dungeons. it's a nice way to squeeze more content out of it but man does it wear out its welcome fast. all the best loot in the game is in there and some people really do thoroughly enjoy them but most agree that it's just kind of a drag. luckily they're not required in the game in any capacity (tho I think 1 unique weapon is locked behind it which sucks)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
is splatoon 2 dance party the hot new anime dance craze

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I'm honestly glad the "between games" audience cam is gone. GDQ is just as much a speedrun convention as it is a stream/fundraiser, and I think it's easier to chill and talk and bullshit between games at wtf'o'clock if everyone gets a break from the camera.

These visualizations are pretty awesome too.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I'm kinda torn on this new design.. on the one hand I like it looks wise but on the other hand it's almost too clean and boring to look at

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Kennel posted:

Will Splatoon 2 run be cool or kinda meh?
I want to believe there's some crazy poo poo you could probably pull off with how the movement works in Splatoon, but idk for sure

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Always booyah at the beginning of a match, if someone booyahs back you know you can count on them.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How is everyone else's space ship levels doing on your load screen? I got $21,221 from the last mission

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Enjoying the obscure intermission music choices so far

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Terrible games can result in great speedruns. I don't see the need to sequester them in their own segment though. If they are runs worth showing then they can stand on their own like any other game.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I'm ready to find out whether I'm a kid or a squid

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

beep by grandpa posted:

The first time it was in a marathon, it was a pretty humorous twist that changed things up and gave some variety so it wasn't just like "every other marathon". But it's been done multiple times now and frankly, I think the joke has gotten old by this point.

Especially nowadays there's so many speedrunners that have great runs to offer, and we are putting them aside to put in this running gag that I feel like most people honestly don't care to watch anymore. The AwGDQ last year took up 6 hours of timeslots. That's quite a lot for what it is, you could fit an entire game block or two with that much time, and I am sure they would be more entertaining and bring in more donations.

I really dislike seeing this go on and not really hearing anyone say anything about it, if AwDGQ does happen this year, please make it the last time, or at the least please shorten how long it is.

Or if you want to keep that time block of "something different", let people run their lesser known games that I know people would want to watch (Billy Hatcher is a good example). You could call it "Obscure Games Done Quick" or something idk.

Awful Games Done Quick just doesn't seem fair to either the people interested in going to the marathon or to the viewers and supporters for the marathon. Thanks.
:shittypop::shittypop::shittypop::shittypop::shittypop:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Electrophotonic posted:

Enjoying the obscure intermission music choices so far
Makes a good teaser for the actual Sub-Terrania run later in the week

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

abraxas posted:

I'm kinda torn on this new design.. on the one hand I like it looks wise but on the other hand it's almost too clean and boring to look at

I really like it because it looks like some kinda sci-fi PS2 game UI.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Roflan posted:

Terrible games can result in great speedruns. I don't see the need to sequester them in their own segment though. If they are runs worth showing then they can stand on their own like any other game.

it's like, just a label, maaaaaaaaan

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cory in the Blouse posted:

I'm ready to find out whether I'm a kid or a squid

i'm a kid now

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Does anyone know how to change off of this menu and look at my party member traits? I don't know how to equip anything. All I see are "what's next".

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Roflan posted:

nah

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dias posted:

i'm a kid now

wait, i think i'm a squid now

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

grand theft grotto posted:

Always booyah at the beginning of a match, if someone booyahs back you know you can count on them.

I feel this especially applies to the Salmon Runs. If they don't Booyah back, you know you can't trust them to have your back when the Flyfish arrive.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Xenothral posted:

I hope you like me making retarded jokes about it this exact thing (dunno if you saw my post cause I said literally the same thing as you lol) all week because I"m 5 posts in about it and I still have things to say

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Grey Fox posted:

Makes a good teaser for the actual Sub-Terrania run later in the week

the high school me that unironically listened to the command and conquer red alert soundtrack is digging it!

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
I love GDQ's and they always motivate me to want to speedrun a fun little but obscure game that I pick up now and then, imagining that I may be running it on a GDQ someday.

Then I wake up and realize I suck at videogames and I'd rather watch someone's misery climax in a RNG run instead.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Gonna be weird going through AGDQ without a bunch of save/kill the animal comments

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

I hope you like me making retarded jokes about it this exact thing (dunno if you saw my post cause I said literally the same thing as you lol) all week because I"m 5 posts in about it and I still have things to say

I do

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

HOW THE gently caress DO I UNPAUSE GDQ

I LIKE THE MSUIC THOUGH sry caps

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Roflan posted:

It's also a block of generally short runs which is more enjoyable than integrating them throughout the week imo.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Xenothral posted:

honestly it just kinda reminds me of the "New Retro Wave" thing that I've been seeing everywhere with the color choices and the sort of retro-futuristic 80s look going on

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I miss crowd cam between games. It makes you feel more connected during the down time. This cold dead screen is not so good. Like imagine a football game without the sky shot of the dome and crowds.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

Oh dang I must have missed that, I'm glad we're in agreement about it though because it owns.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Roflan posted:

Terrible games are best enjoyed in a block because when the first one is done you're sitting there thinking "that was the dumbest poo poo ever, nothing will ever top it" and then Time Cop starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm gonna play as SHENTAE next matchs

• Locked thread