Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

DJCobol posted:

Honestly, once you get where you are going, just go to Target or Meijer and buy a $5 pair of gloves for the time you will be there. They won't be great, but they will be enough so that your fingers won't turn blue after being outside scraping the ice off your windows.

This is the only part you need gloves for. And don't be a dick, clear the snow off the whole car, not just your windshield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Bottle the snow you clear off of the car so you don’t have to pay for bottled water, which is not reimbursable in this scenario, right KillHour?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

sellouts posted:

Bottle the snow you clear off of the car so you don’t have to pay for bottled water, which is not reimbursable in this scenario, right KillHour?

Bottled water? You rich fucks get bottled water? I wash my pits in a McDonald's restroom before meetings.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Direct flight rebooked through Charlotte.

I'm definitely sleeping in Charlotte.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
32 min layover in CLT is a bad idea right

theres also a 52min lay over in CLT

i'm usually super gunshy about lay overs that are under 60mins......what do ya'll think

e: I need to do MIA/Colombus Monday Jan 22 through Thursday evening or Friday morning and all the flights loving suck

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Waroduce posted:

32 min layover in CLT is a bad idea right

theres also a 52min lay over in CLT

i'm usually super gunshy about lay overs that are under 60mins......what do ya'll think

e: I need to do MIA/Colombus Monday Jan 22 through Thursday evening or Friday morning and all the flights loving suck

The 52 minute one should be fine. What would concern me is if I see American Eagle anywhere on the itinerary. Most of those flights are out of the E terminal which by far the longest hike.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Thomamelas posted:

The 52 minute one should be fine. What would concern me is if I see American Eagle anywhere on the itinerary. Most of those flights are out of the E terminal which by far the longest hike.

Its all AE bro

:(

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
RE sent me a text about where to eat in Charlotte. I said Chick Fil A or nothing.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Broke down and bought a monthly Gogo Air pass. Now watch as I spend February and March at home.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

drgitlin posted:

Broke down and bought a monthly Gogo Air pass. Now watch as I spend February and March at home.

Lol that you don't have an account through your company wtf

But seriously I hate it, I should be working on flights now? Really? gently caress that I wanna get liquored up and take a nap

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Waroduce posted:

Its all AE bro

:(

Then as much time as possible. E is a loving hike. On the map it of CLT it doesn't look too bad but A to E is a hike.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Waroduce posted:

But seriously I hate it, I should be working on flights now? Really? gently caress that I wanna get liquored up and take a nap

Condé Nast will reimburse me, but having an account is way too organized for them.

I do try and work on flights but I’ll be honest, that only happens about 50% of the time.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Thomamelas posted:

Then as much time as possible. E is a loving hike. On the map it of CLT it doesn't look too bad but A to E is a hike.

If it's anything like LAX's Eagle's Nest, if you land in the AE area and take off from the AE area it's actually quite a nice short walk.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Mandalay posted:

If it's anything like LAX's Eagle's Nest, if you land in the AE area and take off from the AE area it's actually quite a nice short walk.

It’s nothing at all like LAX. 15 min walk. At a fast pace. Also the gate areas are wastelands where there’s no food.

Lote fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 6, 2018

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Charlotte C to E16 in 7 minutes I am a travel god. Group 7 as I got there.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Mandalay posted:

I didn't read it right. I thought he was A to E. If it's all American Eagle Flights then E by itself is just bad but doable. It's really long if you have to go from one end to the other. If it's any other terminal to E then yeah, you run.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Lote posted:

RE sent me a text about where to eat in Charlotte. I said Chick Fil A or nothing.
There's actually a decent BBQ place in the center of the airport. I like their breakfasts.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Small White Dragon posted:

There's actually a decent BBQ place in the center of the airport. I like their breakfasts.

Look at how wrong you are. That barbecue is an abomination unto the lord.

There is actually very little decent food in the CLT airport, the relatively recent Chick-fil-A not withstanding. The pretzel place does ok, but there isn't a lot else and everything is wildly expensive, even for an airport. I'm interested to see what they do with the new Terminal A that is being built; if OTG is running it, I quit.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The Mexican place in CLT is the worse food iev ever had in my life. I was disgusted leagues worse than taco bell.

Tequileria

quote:

This possibly the worst meal and worst margarita I have ever had. The margarita was $15 and consisted of mostly syrup and ice. It was weak, lacked flavor and character and did not deserve to be called a margarita.

The tacos were a disgrace to mexican food everywhere. I don't even know where to begin. I thought they served me a salad initially. I couldn't see any shell or meat under mountainous servings of cheese and lettuce. I managed to excavate the shell and meat and eat it only to be dissapointed in both the flavor, texture and general composition of these "tacos". I paid another 15$ for a bag of cheese and lettuce dumped onto a plate.

The best part of my meal was the lone french fry I encountered while painfully digging through lettuce and cheese. It was pretty good.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Waroduce posted:

The Mexican place in CLT is the worse food iev ever had in my life. I was disgusted leagues worse than taco bell.

Tequileria

Tequileria is really the worst. I had a quesadilla there once and it was just cheddar cheese on a tortilla. No seasoning, spices, just flat bread cheese.

I like the Mojo veggie Tacos at the Bacardi Rum Bar though.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I found out there’s a way to screw up a taco bowl and nachos at that restaurant.

i fly airplanes
Sep 6, 2010

I STOLE A PIE FROM ESTELLE GETTY

Waroduce posted:

What's stopping you? Isn't that the entire point of flying in domestic first clsas?

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Husband keeps telling me I should read/post in this thread. I travel a decent amount for work (only 20% really. So minor, compared to many). I'm a product developer for a major beverage company in Seattle and I travel to supervise new/scale-up production, among other things. I don't tell my boss how much I really enjoy the travel, though. Most of the time its out to BFE areas, though, as food production plants don't tend to be in city centers.

Last year was

Chicago suburbs
Southern Minnesota
Chicago suburbs
Southern Minnesota
Vermont
Vermont
Tokyo
Chicago suburbs
Kuala Lumpur
Vermont

And some personal travel thrown in got me to MVP Gold on Alaska.

Heading back to Vermont tomorrow night for my first trip of the year and cautiously watching that weather.

I grew up in Pinellas county and would love to go to Tampa for a work trip. :3: The Cigar City pub in TPA is awesome.

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.
So as of this year I’m shifting my home base from MCI to LAX. Any tips or suggestions on flying out of it regularly? I figure I’ll double down on the lounges, and I’m looking forward to getting in on some of those sweet premium cabin error fare deals that seem to pop up with some regularity.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

SuperSpiff posted:

So as of this year I’m shifting my home base from MCI to LAX. Any tips or suggestions on flying out of it regularly? I figure I’ll double down on the lounges, and I’m looking forward to getting in on some of those sweet premium cabin error fare deals that seem to pop up with some regularity.

What’s your airline of choice?

I’m a Delta guy and the T2/T3 move has created a bit of a shitshow while they undergo renovations. The entire airport is a bit of a mess right now with construction everywhere.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Husband keeps telling me I should read/post in this thread. I travel a decent amount for work (only 20% really. So minor, compared to many). I'm a product developer for a major beverage company in Seattle and I travel to supervise new/scale-up production, among other things. I don't tell my boss how much I really enjoy the travel, though. Most of the time its out to BFE areas, though, as food production plants don't tend to be in city centers.

Last year was

Chicago suburbs
Southern Minnesota
Chicago suburbs
Southern Minnesota
Vermont
Vermont
Tokyo
Chicago suburbs
Kuala Lumpur
Vermont

And some personal travel thrown in got me to MVP Gold on Alaska.

Heading back to Vermont tomorrow night for my first trip of the year and cautiously watching that weather.

I grew up in Pinellas county and would love to go to Tampa for a work trip. :3: The Cigar City pub in TPA is awesome.

where in VT?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

SuperSpiff posted:

Live close to LAX would be #1. As a primarily LAX-based flyer my #1, #2, and #3 concern is traffic on the road. (I live closer to SNA but have been preferring driving to LAX for nonstops vs connecting in DFW/PHX, also cheap fares)

El Segundo would be great.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

SuperSpiff posted:

Depends on the airline.

I never wait more than 10 min in T4 precheck line? International the OneWorld lounge is just fine.

If you work for some hell corporation that doesn’t reimburse you, sign up for Uber’s Uber Pass notification and if you are selected it’s flat fare 8.99 uberX for the month. If you carry on and don’t need guaranteed trunk space it’s a pretty fantastic value.

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003

drgitlin posted:

Never mind plane fares, imagine what their hotel bills will be like. That or they’re staying in Reno at this point.

This is my second year going to CES and it's nuts. Last year I was at Treasure Island and got there early to setup the demos. First night was $80, but two nights later it was $580 for a 3rd floor room with a view of a beige wall and an air conditioning unit.

Water Resistant fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 7, 2018

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Normally Essex, but I'm going to Waterbury tomorrow. Some of my products are packaged at Keurig Green Mountain.

i fly airplanes
Sep 6, 2010

I STOLE A PIE FROM ESTELLE GETTY

Water Resistant posted:

This is my second year going to CES and it's nuts. Last year I was at Treasure Island and got there early to setup the demos. First night was $80, but two nights later it was $580 for a 3rd floor room with a view of a beige wall and an air conditioning unit.

SF was just as retarded this week with the JP Morgan Health Conference. $400 motels.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

JetSuiteX was the cheapest last minute way into CES last year.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
fuh-huh-huh-huck every single dining establishment in CLT.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

fuh-huh-huh-huck every single dining establishment in CLT.
Fixin' that one for you.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

DJCobol posted:

Fixin' that one for you.

strong concur it's Atlanta without the modicum of culture

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Mandalay posted:

Live close to LAX would be #1. As a primarily LAX-based flyer my #1, #2, and #3 concern is traffic on the road. (I live closer to SNA but have been preferring driving to LAX for nonstops vs connecting in DFW/PHX, also cheap fares)

El Segundo would be great.

This times 100. The other airports in the area are only marginally useful if you're flying directly to another hub city, and really the biggest variable to getting to LAX on time is going to be the traffic.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I landed home at 12:15 AM and left home on another trip at 6PM and apparently, Concur doesn't let you do that.

Well, the first trip expense report was already approved so I can't do anything about it now. What the gently caress am I supposed to do? gently caress you, Concur!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KillHour posted:

I landed home at 12:15 AM and left home on another trip at 6PM and apparently, Concur doesn't let you do that.

Well, the first trip expense report was already approved so I can't do anything about it now. What the gently caress am I supposed to do? gently caress you, Concur!

Make it one big long trip with an 18 hour layover at your home airport, I guess?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Can't. The first trip was already approved and is in accounting review.

Edit: unless there's a way to change a trip after the fact?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
KillHour's purpose in this thread is to make everyone else feel better about their jobs.