Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/mWsDbXE.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
This is amazing

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

The real schaden is how the cat thought the guy was helping it out by distracting the squirrel long enough to get the jump on it. Poor cat, thinking humans were helping it out.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I was fully expecting he was going to lose control of the saw and cut the phone in half.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Krispy Wafer posted:

It kind of looks like the cashier is pointing out the guy with the gun to the robber with the knife.

The hand movements are probably just her putting money in his bag, though.

Pretty much, she hands him cash out of the register and he puts it in his pocket I think.

This poo poo bothers me because my mom manages a bank; two of her branches got robbed over the holidays. She does not give a gently caress about anything but getting the guy what he wants and sending him on his way, let the cops sort it out later. Some rear end in a top hat with a hero delusion pulling a gun could one day cost her her life by escalating a situation where the weapon was just for show. No one's life, even knife guy's, is worth the couple hundred bucks (at best) he's getting out of that register.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Regalingualius posted:

I was fully expecting he was going to lose control of the saw and cut the phone in half.

Or he'd finish cutting out the semicircle and the rest of the table would fall away along with the spectators, leaving the sleeping guy and his semicircle hanging there in space like a Chuck Jones cartoon

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Regalingualius posted:

I was expecting the rest of the table to fall away and the part he's on to stay in place, Wile-e-Coyote style.

e:fb

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

And that is how we evolve an appropriate fight or flight instinct.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Pretty much, she hands him cash out of the register and he puts it in his pocket I think.

This poo poo bothers me because my mom manages a bank; two of her branches got robbed over the holidays. She does not give a gently caress about anything but getting the guy what he wants and sending him on his way, let the cops sort it out later. Some rear end in a top hat with a hero delusion pulling a gun could one day cost her her life by escalating a situation where the weapon was just for show. No one's life, even knife guy's, is worth the couple hundred bucks (at best) he's getting out of that register.

I like how he pointed the gun at a line of innocents

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Also with how slow his draw was he'd never have taken down a gunfighter in front of an old west saloon

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Also with how slow his draw was he'd never have taken down a gunfighter in front of an old west saloon

To be fair, neither did old gunfighters really. They were usually just ambushes or drunken inaccurate shootouts.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah, that was kinda :thejoke:; I'm not exactly treating High Plains Drifter as a documentary :v:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

BaronVonVaderham posted:

No one's life, even knife guy's, is worth the couple hundred bucks (at best) he's getting out of that register.
Well, I guess his isn't, but the other people's might be.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
if the man with the knife had a gun this would never have happened

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Dillbag posted:

if the man with the knife had a gun this would never have happened
|/

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

The thing I always wonder is how the gently caress dude slept through that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I'm guessing that the liquor bottles in the background had something to do with it.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Everyone looks Latino so I'm going to guess that maybe the robbery is occurring somewhere like Brazil or Venezuela or the parts of Mexico where they bury you in the desert and maybe that accounts for the reaction. Not that it wouldn't have played out the same way in Texas.

But yeah, I've been been in a couple of bank robberies and you're supposed to just hand over the money while violently jackhammering on the silent alarms.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Krispy Wafer posted:

Everyone looks Latino... occurring somewhere like Brazil or Venezuela

Neither Brazil nor Venezuela are Latino, fyi.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

That cat got a grey squirrel, which is a good thing.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

FuhrerHat posted:

Okay, I get why Brazil isn't considered Latino (a lot say no, but some say yes) but how the heck is Venezuela not Latino?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FuhrerHat posted:

May wanna double check that one there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latino

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm guessing that the liquor bottles in the background had something to do with it.

I'd never noticed those before. Well that makes sense.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Staged and the guy wasn't really asleep, I'm guessing.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

It's fake, thats how.

https://i.imgur.com/J9nuO29.mp4

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah I�ve seen Four Lions and all of Brass Eye, but I didn�t know about the others.

He was also brilliant in The IT Crowd.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

May wanna double check that one there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latino

Oh whoops. Well that's the schadenfreude thread for ya.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Samizdata posted:

Son of a bitch, I did not recognize him at all. I'm absolute poo poo with recognizing faces.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

Son of a bitch, I did not recognize him at all. I'm absolute poo poo with recognizing faces.

He seems to change his look a fair bit from project to project, so, no worries.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

A gif doesn't do justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7uflYmbYvM&t=8s

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Don't drink and scoot

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

haha oh my goddddd

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Samizdata posted:

Chris Morris did a lot of radio stuff too, check out On The Hour which predates The Day Today, and Blue Jam is the radio version of Jam. He also co-wrote Nathan Barley with Charlie Brooker, who is better known these days as the writer of Black Mirror and all the Screenwipe shows.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I love that it wasn't even the california drain that caught her up, she bailed before it.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

NWS Chris Morris' final word on Science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alryavu9D5k&t=1333s

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

minato posted:

Chris Morris did a lot of radio stuff too, check out On The Hour which predates The Day Today, and Blue Jam is the radio version of Jam. He also co-wrote Nathan Barley with Charlie Brooker, who is better known these days as the writer of Black Mirror and all the Screenwipe shows.

As a yankee I had to look up information about a bunch of old Brit politicians to completely parse On the Hour, that was fun. the bit where they interview some person on the street about the execution of Prince Edward was good poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usFcdonROzw&t=409s

Alan Partridge is on the show too.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
So, I guess we are in agreement we feel schadenfreude for those unlucky enough to have no exposure to Chris Morris' brilliance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao