Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Honestly I'll be pissed but okay with it if it means Pats/Steelers are not in the Super Bowl.

THAT is true yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

I don't care how ugly it was, I'm so loving stoked that not only did we make the playoffs but we got a playoff win. Like this was inconceivable to me a year ago. gently caress it. I'm getting drunk. DUUUUVAAAALLLL!!!

the proper take

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
It's cool that y'all won and all but.... Duval is still one of the dumbest chants in sports

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ManMythLegend posted:

I don't care how ugly it was, I'm so loving stoked that not only did we make the playoffs but we got a playoff win. Like this was inconceivable to me a year ago. gently caress it. I'm getting drunk. DUUUUVAAAALLLL!!!
:same:

So happy either way.

The Big Jesus posted:

It's cool that y'all won and all but.... Duval is still one of the dumbest chants in sports
Sports is full of dumb poo poo like this so whatever.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Sports is full of dumb poo poo like this so whatever.

Seven Nation Army agrees.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

The Big Jesus posted:

It's only something you'd understand if you lived here. The Entire city of Jacksonville is Duval County, from Downtown to the Beach and all the way out east by a huge area. It unites everyone in Jacksonville. Unless you're like me and you live and work in St. Johns county directly south of Duval.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Frank Viola posted:

It's only something you'd understand if you lived here. The Entire city of Jacksonville is Duval County, from Downtown to the Beach and all the way out east by a huge area. It unites everyone in Jacksonville. Unless you're like me and you live and work in St. Johns county directly south of Duval.

Yeah, "Duval" as a chant/whatever is more than just the Jaguars but it's easily applied in sports situations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frank Viola posted:

Lol if you don't live in Bradford county

just lol

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Randaconda posted:

just lol

You can't make me move there. No loving way.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
“JACKSONVILLE METROPOLITAN AREAAA” doesn’t have the same ring to it

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Randaconda posted:

just lol

lol

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
You could have taken me for a small fortune betting against the AFCS teams this weekend.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Change the thread title to 2 Playoff Teams 2 Playoff Game Wins

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

JT Jag posted:

“JACKSONVILLE METROPOLITAN AREAAA” doesn’t have the same ring to it

DUUUUVAAALLLLLLLL EXCEPT FOR THE BEACHES AND BALDWIN FOR SOME loving REASON

UPPITY loving BALDWIN YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A BEACH OR A GOOD PARK

btw, the mayor is letting me wear my jersey to work tomorrow.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Suspect Bucket posted:

You work in City Hall?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

JT Jag posted:

You work in City Hall?

Nope, parks and rec and comm. Which sucks because I work weekends, but rocks because we have the game on at work.

My boss's literal response to me having put up a stream on city computers: "Oh cool, the reception on the TV sucks, we'll stream that up front too."

thx Buffsteamz

DO YOU work at city hall? Do you know Jimmy the Security Guy? He owns.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 8, 2018

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
So uh does that mean we have to make a bunch of Ron Swanson jokes now

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

Suspect Bucket posted:

Atlantic, Neptune, and Jax Beach are Duval though. Nobody cares about Baldwin.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Heck yeah

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Frank Viola posted:

Atlantic, Neptune, and Jax Beach are Duval though. Nobody cares about Baldwin.

Right, but they're not Jacksonville. Which is why they are the Jacksonville Jaguars, and not the Duval Dandelions.

So gently caress Baldwin

And all of Beaches that's not Engine 15, Taco Lu, Jimmy Hula's, Green Room, Jax Spice, Shim Sham, Hoptinger, the hookah place, Al's Pizza, the Lifeguard station, the ampitheater, wherever Coach Wimpy hung out, my friend's place off Atlantic, American Graffiti, and PETE'S BAR.

Which, given global climate change and their lack of dune ecosystem, they're hosed any day now.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 8, 2018

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Suspect Bucket posted:

Right, but they're not Jacksonville. Which is why they are the Jacksonville Jaguars, and not the Duval Dandelions.

Would root for the Duval Dandelions if they had a logo that was just a flower with one angry, down-tilted eyebrow drawn over top

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

xeria posted:

Would root for the Duval Dandelions if they had a logo that was just a flower with one angry, down-tilted eyebrow drawn over top

They'd probably have better helmets.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

xeria posted:

And a Shad mustache and top hat

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Coldforge posted:

They'd probably have better helmets.
Thats not a high bar.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The first weekend of the playoffs are over, and the Titans are still in it.

Titans, bitch. See y'all in the divisionals.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
https://imgur.com/a/84CWT

img tags aren't working :saddowns:

This is the best I could find for a Duval Dandelion via google images.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

The first weekend of the playoffs are over, and the Titans are still in it.

Titans, bitch. See y'all in the divisionals.

:getin:

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I would love the AFCCG to be between Bort and a dude that threw more picks than TDs.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

windshipper posted:

https://imgur.com/a/84CWT

img tags aren't working :saddowns:

This is the best I could find for a Duval Dandelion via google images.

Shorten it to Duval Dandies and I'm sold

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Metapod you are true bro for giving Steeler's posters poo poo for being so confident about next week. Thank you.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
*in extreme goon voice* this team that beat their opponent earlier in the year by 40 has no chance because the opponent was able to light up the Bengals later in the year

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Metapod posted:

*in extreme goon voice* this team that beat their opponent earlier in the year by 40 has no chance because the opponent was able to light up the Bengals later in the year

In fairness, Andey is the greatest QB of all time* and beating his Bengals is quite the accomplishment.

*source: Bills fans

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I've watched some post-game and next-day interviews of Jaguars players and I am getting a strong "we didnt, and cannot, celebrate that win because we were lucky to win. We need to work hard this week to stand a chance next week" vibe. I am hoping it adds some *something* to get the offense back sync'd back up.

Metapod posted:

drat straight. The Jaguars are 4-1 in Pittsburgh all-time and one of the reasons D-Link was using for why the Steelers were going to trounce the Jaguars next week is because Fournette said that he doesnt like playing in the cold, so I am glad you were there to give him poo poo for it.

Coldforge posted:

In fairness, Andey is the greatest QB of all time* and beating his Bengals is quite the accomplishment.

*source: Bills fans
You're alright Coldforge, you're alright.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

Suspect Bucket posted:

So gently caress Baldwin

And all of Beaches that's not Engine 15, Taco Lu, Jimmy Hula's, Green Room, Jax Spice, Shim Sham, Hoptinger, the hookah place, Al's Pizza, the Lifeguard station, the ampitheater, wherever Coach Wimpy hung out, my friend's place off Atlantic, American Graffiti, and PETE'S BAR.

Which, given global climate change and their lack of dune ecosystem, they're hosed any day now.

TLDR: gently caress the Jacksonville fans at the Beaches. Got it.

What about those of us in St. Johns/ PVB?

I've watched some post-game and next-day interviews of Jaguars players and I am getting a strong "we didnt, and cannot, celebrate that win because we were lucky to win. We need to work hard this week to stand a chance next week" vibe. I am hoping it adds some *something* to get the offense back sync'd back up.

drat straight. The Jaguars are 4-1 in Pittsburgh all-time and one of the reasons D-Link was using for why the Steelers were going to trounce the Jaguars next week is because Fournette said that he doesnt like playing in the cold, so I am glad you were there to give him poo poo for it.

The one thing I've found with post-game interviews of Jags players is that they don't have a problem keeping things in perspective, which made me becoming a fan of them this year (Chargers first season in LA), that much easier. I'm excited about the Pittsburgh game, I have no love for the Steelers, and never have. This will be a good Sunday. I can feel it in my bones.

Modulo16 fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 8, 2018

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

And now, for something completely different:

Frank Viola posted:

The one thing I've found with post-game interviews of Jags players is that they don't have a problem keeping things in perspective, which made me becoming a fan of them this year (Chargers first season in LA), that much easier. I'm excited about the Pittsburgh game, I have no love for the Steelers, and never have. This will be a good Sunday. I can feel it in my bones.
Welcome, friend!

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Do you get rid of Bort if he wins in Pittsburgh?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Ok go jags forever

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

b0ng posted:

Do you get rid of Bort if he wins in Pittsburgh?

I think we should. He's holding the team back. Offensive performance is dependent on his performance that Sunday. It's a conversation every week of : "Which Bottles do we have this week?" I'd imagine a Case Keenum, Jared Goff situation would present itself if we secured a QB from the draft, but it can always be worse I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Welcome, friend!

This guy owns.

• Locked thread