Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ramadu posted:

elephants think of people like how we think of puppies. apparently the exact same parts of their brain light up lol. no wonder they gonna die. their puppies kill them

Well, I mean, pitbulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
Just a reminder, this game is on sale right now on the eShop for $7

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Ramadu posted:

weve gone way over time they should def mercy kill this current presidency run imo

I've heard that Wolff guy's pastebin is pretty good drama though.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I love video games !

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

This game looks dope as hell and I want to play it

I've been trying to find some more games for the Switch to get, and this one I'm going to add to the list.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

timp posted:

I love video games !

Reported

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Zivilyn Bane posted:

I've heard that Wolff guy's pastebin is pretty good drama though.

Fire and Furry: Inside the Freedom Planet Speedruns

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

:getin:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

cumdrop dog

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

is the guy who always says "lets-a-go" running this year

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

ullerrm posted:

Fire and Furry: Inside the Freedom Planet Speedruns

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

i have been owned

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Bawkbasoup? Yes. Tuesday night. Resident Evil 3.

Edit: he is the let's a go guy.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Quest For Glory II posted:

Yes

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

yup

11:58 PM Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Bawkbasoup, wusscake 0:10:00
1:00:00 Any% Race — PC Hootey

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

grand theft grotto posted:

Yes, and it's also a genuinely impressive run but maybe give it a pass if the content bothers you.

I'm intrigued, maybe I'll try to stay awake for it, always interested in seeing something new, even if the game is weird anime garbage

Barudak
May 7, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I'm intrigued, maybe I'll try to stay awake for it, always interested in seeing something new, even if the game is weird anime garbage

Its the kind of weird anime garbage that involves copious death of penguins who say "dood" on pain of death.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

It's a tough, but very stiff platformer. If the run is like the last time I saw a run of that game it won't be super flashy but there'll be a number of risky moves at play.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

If it's anything like the first one, it also demands that you button mash until your thumb falls off.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

timp posted:

yup

11:58 PM Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Bawkbasoup, wusscake 0:10:00
1:00:00 Any% Race — PC Hootey
oh man by the time his run comes it'll probably be like 2 AM again and he'll be super tired like last time

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

oh man by the time his run comes it'll probably be like 2 AM again and he'll be super tired like last time

:getin: LET'S A-GOOOO

Edit: THough it doesn't seem like he'll be commentating since it's a race, so it may not matter how sleep deprived he is.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SKELETON BOSS

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The thing is, by putting Twitch chat into sub-only mode you aren't putting a stop to the sexism/transphobia/non-PC atmosphere. You're feeding it. Those trolls/people who think it's funny to spew that stuff have gotten exactly what they've wanted: a reaction.

So I'm Iranian, and I've learned that you can't be offended by every single thing that some person or group throws your way. I was 10 when 9/11 happened and yeah, I dealt with some toxic poo poo. It made me tougher and opened my eyes to the world that everything isn't a white knight coming in to save you every time you feel pain. Why couldn't they have just made two streams, one that's heavily moderated and another that's just labeled "Viewer Discretion is advised."

Maybe it's just growing up dealing with bullying or whatnot, but seriously. The world is going to offend you, people are going to say things (and those people spreading that poo poo aren't worth the time or effort, they have their own mental loving insecurities/issues) and you probably aren't going to be accepted to everything you put yourself out to in the world. Nothing is owed to you beyond how you choose to react to things. Step up, defend yourself and move on instead of stopping in your tracks each time the winds of ignorance hits you in the face.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Max Wilco posted:

Jon is listed on Mario Galaxy
He's hosting for a few different Mario runs, not just Galaxy

mango sentinel posted:

Naegleria's trolling gimmick was actually just him being a huge rear end in a top hat all the time. I dunno if he was formally banned but at some point he got all assed up about the GDQ staff and now spends every GDQ event tweeting about how much it sucks now and people shouldn't go/support it.
Naegleria's last GDQ-related thing that I remember was doing a run then breaking a headset. He runs North American Speedrunner Assembly or whatever it is now to have a place to curse and be an idiot

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

a.lo posted:

The thing is, by putting Twitch chat into sub-only mode you aren't putting a stop to the sexism/transphobia/non-PC atmosphere. You're feeding it. Those trolls/people who think it's funny to spew that stuff have gotten exactly what they've wanted: a reaction.

So I'm Iranian, and I've learned that you can't be offended by every single thing that some person or group throws your way. I was 10 when 9/11 happened and yeah, I dealt with some toxic poo poo. It made me tougher and opened my eyes to the world that everything isn't a white knight coming in to save you every time you feel pain. Why couldn't they have just made two streams, one that's heavily moderated and another that's just labeled "Viewer Discretion is advised."

Maybe it's just growing up dealing with bullying or whatnot, but seriously. The world is going to offend you, people are going to say things (and those people spreading that poo poo aren't worth the time or effort, they have their own mental loving insecurities/issues) and you probably aren't going to be accepted to everything you put yourself out to in the world. Nothing is owed to you beyond how you choose to react to things. Step up, defend yourself and move on instead of stopping in your tracks each time the winds of ignorance hits you in the face.

source your quotes

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
X-CELL

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

corn on the cop posted:

source your quotes

I bet it's Jontron

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is this guy going to come in under estimate or.....?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Electric Phantasm posted:

I bet it's Jontron

Don't say Jontron name or the stream will go down again.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Is like 80% of this game Metroid canon?

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Taken the form of the ambulatory brain

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

timp posted:

Just barely!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

timp posted:

by 52 seconds!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

noice

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

he did it, he beat mover-lord

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Everyone seems to be doing pretty well with their estimates, minus the whole stream going down for like 15 minutes

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Turned out to be a pretty good estimate! :v:

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Good Video Game.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

a.lo posted:

For any given horrible offensive thing, there are two kinds of people who spew it:

- the people who do it as a joke because "it's funny" and they want to get a reaction

- the people who actually believe it

the more of the former people do it, the more of the latter people see it and say "oh these people are saying it and nobody's jumping down their throat so this is acceptable now"

the only solution for both is to treat the former group like they're the latter group and exile them from polite company until they stop doing it so that the latter group keeps their lovely thoughts to themselves and don't turn it into lovely actions because they know they'll be socially exiled if they open their mouths and start spewing their hot takes

every time I hear someone go off about "well they'll think it anyways" or "oh they'll just go somewhwere else" yes that is exactly the point, you don't say "oh well internet people gonna be internet people v:shobon:v"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

Is like 80% of this game Metroid canon?

It replaces Other M in Metroid canon.

• Locked thread