Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It should have been Wolf, but I'm so glad it's not Ball.
I think Wolf needs to leave, it's a poisoned well now that he's been passed over imo. Not that I don't want to retain him, because I feel he's clearly valuable. I just can't see how that can be a healthy working relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Big Beef City posted:

It should have been Wolf, but I'm so glad it's not Ball.
I think Wolf needs to leave, it's a poisoned well now that he's been passed over imo. Not that I don't want to retain him, because I feel he's clearly valuable. I just can't see how that can be a healthy working relationship.

I'm also glad its not a finance lawyer as GM. I think Wolf getting the job would have looked like nepotism based on my best guess.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Gonz posted:

Looks like Teryl Austin is going to be Cincy’s new DC.

Have fun constantly getting burned up the middle all the time with little to no adjustments to prevent it, Bengals fans.

And some number of men less than 11 on the field with disturbing regularity.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/adamjahns/status/950409536376012800

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Must have given the best fake press conference.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

KDdidit posted:

Must have given the best fake press conference.

That was Emery tbf

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the bears hosed up. i dont know how or why but i know they did. just you watch

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fresh off that second half performance against the Titans. He'll never be a hotter commodity!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So the NFCN head coaches are now Matt, Mike, Mike, and Matt.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Assuming Matty P takes the Lions job. I had to look that up, thought I had missed an announcement.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

Fresh off that second half performance against the Titans. He'll never be a hotter commodity!

Better he gently caress it up then than with the Bears.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

please oh please give my team the ability to score enough points to have the ability to blow a lead.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I have no idea if Nagy is going to be any good, but I am a hell of a lot more excited for the 2018 Bears than I was for the 2017 Bears.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fishing with the fam posted:

I have no idea if Nagy is going to be any good, but I am a hell of a lot more excited for the 2018 Bears than I was for the 2017 Bears.

to be honest I was excited this last year due to trubs, then when he ended up worse than every QB in the league not named kizer I gave up again

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

SKULL.GIF posted:

So the NFCN head coaches are now Matt, Mike, Mike, and Matt.

I approve of this and await the sitcom with bated breath

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

mastershakeman posted:

to be honest I was excited this last year due to trubs, then when he ended up worse than every QB in the league not named kizer I gave up again

Even with a shiny new quarterback I couldn't get excited about a John Fox coached team.

Edit: \/\/\/ I can not express how much I hated the hire when it was announced.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

I had felt like the 3 year countdown was ticking from the moment Fox was hired, I never expected him to last longer than that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I was foolish, and wanted anyone not named Trestman.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Dexo posted:

I was foolish, and wanted anyone not named Trestman.

3 time Grey Cup Champion Marc Trestman!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I was just annoyed how nobody addressed how he left his previous two teams. His Carolina fallout and then getting fired in Denver really should have raised more red flags.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fishing with the fam posted:

Even with a shiny new quarterback I couldn't get excited about a John Fox coached team.

Edit: \/\/\/ I can not express how much I hated the hire when it was announced.

yeah I knew it wasn't gonna work but when Jimmy g went for that tear it broke me even further

trubs might be the next mcnown, even though he passes the eye test

edit: cade threw TDs at a way higher rate, Mitch has advantage in rest of stats thank God

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 8, 2018

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Gonz posted:

3 time Grey Cup Champion Marc Trestman!

4 time!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

2009, 2010, 2017

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Weird, I could have sworn he'd won it 3 times before coaching the Bears.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

He was in three before the Bears, but lost one of them, maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Another profile of Patricia:

https://twitter.com/theMMQB/status/950439506494345219

My current stance is "Maybe he won't be total garbage fire," but I'm probably being too optimistic.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Matts have done well for the Lions, at least, with one exception that I will choose to ignore.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
No idea how to feel about this:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/950503222770327552?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Pettine is solid, he's been good when given good players on defense (Jets, Bills) and average to below average when given poo poo players (Browns). His last season with the Browns is mildly worrying, but I can't name a major defensive player on that unit outside of Haden.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ravens linebacker coach to Jets defensive coordinator to Bills DC for one season. Helped that Jets defense carry Sanchize to the AFCCG twice in a row, and had the #1 defense in the league in '09. Took the Browns to 7-9 before the curse ate him alive. Been out of football for two seasons since.

His defenses tend to generate a lot of turnovers. Not sure how up-to-date he is on today's game, in large part because he seems to not have done anything in football for a while.

I wouldn't be thrilled, but I wouldn't be upset one single bit if he was the DC. An extensive interview seems about the right way to approach this.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Another profile of Patricia:

https://twitter.com/theMMQB/status/950439506494345219

My current stance is "Maybe he won't be total garbage fire," but I'm probably being too optimistic.

i feel like he's going to take a job elsewhere and the lions well end up with their eleventh choice signing in two months

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Apparently this is a quote from Pettine's time with the Bills:

Mike Pettine posted:

It's a situation where I think people try to compartmentalize too much, and just broad stroke it. 4-3? 3-4? What are you? And my answer that question is yes to all of the above. We are a multiple-front, attacking, pressure-style defense. We're going to play man coverage, we're going to play zone coverage. What we’re going to do defensively is take advantage of what our players do well.

Good Lord. He's the opposite of Dom Capers.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Did Capers seriously not even do meaningless coachspeak right?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Accepting a head coaching position with the Browns shows a lack of judgement

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I am ok with HC Nagy and hope he has Taco Tuesdays like his mentor Andy

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Did Capers seriously not even do meaningless coachspeak right?

He did ok at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cItEhRJdOZg

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Packers will interview Vic Fangio as well https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/1/8/16866606/packers-expected-to-interview-vic-fangio-for-defensive-coordinator-vacancy-nfl-2018

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Browns will interview Eliot Wolf tomorrow http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/browns_gm_john_dorsey_wants_to.html

I think he's gone. Judging by Ron Wolf's words I think there's some hurt feelings between that family and the Packers and Eliot isn't sticking around.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
His feelings are hurt enough that he'd take a job with the Browns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

• Locked thread